main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Second Chance (SJRS EP7 Challenge) Updated: 11/15/14 - COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful teasing and nervousness on both sides and then in the 'fresher - the mush and the Force-bonding - [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Delightful! L/M - however they wind up together - sans battle droids etc. - still fantastic. [face_love]

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thank you. Alone in an isolation ward with nothing to do. What can possibly happen? [face_thinking]

I think they should have kids also. Somebody has to carry on the Skywalker name.

Thank you. I don't think they can hide much from the cameras. Let's just hope the media doesn't get a hold of those surveillance holos.

They are just kissing...for now. :p

Thank you. My muse comes and goes. It is moody.

Thank you. Mara is not as angry as in the profics. And when she is angry it is usually directed toward Palpatine.

He is a player. Not really. He is just really horny. Once he changed his mind about non-attachment he is impatient to make up for thirty years of celibacy.

I am so glad Zahn got them together, but he did it without dating. That is the fun part of writing a story. I was always told SW was written for twelve year old boys in mind and they don't want to read romance. They totally discounted women and girls. Look what books are popular now: Twilight, Divergent, The Giver. They all have young people in dangerous situations but there is a romance underneath it all. Star Wars authors could have added romance and upped their sales IMHO.

Here is another short chapter. Sorry, I can't concentrate on anything lately.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 19

Mara was overwhelmed by the sensations coursing through her body. Luke’s touch and kiss elicited a fluttering in her stomach as a hot blush crept over her whole body. He kissed her with such abandon that she stumbled backwards until her body was pinned between him and the ‘fresher door. He deepened the kiss, his palms running down her back before coming to rest on her backside. She could feel the warmth of his body and the hardness of his muscles through their thin hospital garb. As he pressed his hips against her she realized things might be getting a little out of control. She pulled her lips from his so she could speak. “Luke, slow down.”

Taking a ragged breath, he leaned back far enough to gaze deeply in her eyes. “Sorry, I thought you wanted to kiss.”

She lowered her eyes shyly. “Kiss yes, but I don’t want my first time to be in a ‘fresher.”

“First time?”

She rolled her eyes. “I told you Palpatine monitored me through the Force and had Vader snatch away my one-and-only boyfriend when we starting to get amorous. I was not going to have sex with an old perverted Sith lurking around in my head.”

“Oh…I completely understand.” He smiled at her gently. “I don’t want your first time to be in the ‘fresher either.” He reached out and gave her a reassuring hug. “When we get out of here I want to court you. Go on dates, get to know each other better. I want your first time to be romantic.” He lowered his head and dropped a line of kisses down her neckline. “It’s just…I haven’t kissed a woman for thirty years. I forgot how wonderful a sensation it could be.”

“It is wonderful,” she whispered before turning her head so to capture his lips with hers. They began kissing once again in earnest when they heard a sound that halted their romantic tryst abruptly.

“Luke! Luke! Where are you?” It was a woman’s voice coming over the room’s intercom’s system.

Luke groaned as his head dropped to Mara’s shoulder. “That’s my sister.” He sighed deeply. "Han's probably with her."

She pulled out of his arms and looked at the door anxiously. “There is no way to get out of this room without them seeing us.”

“Maybe if we wait in here they'll go away to get the doctor and we can sneak out.”

“Hey 2-1B!” Mara heard Han Solo’s voice call out for the medical droid. “You said they’re in here. Where are they?”

The sound of metallic footsteps could be heard as the droid moved into the room from the side laboratory. “They have to be here, Captain Solo. I will check the ‘fresher. If they are not there, I will issue a quarantine breach alarm.”

Luke swore under his breath. “Mara go out there and stall them.”

She made a face. “Why me? They’re your family.”

Luke blushed fiercely. “I need a couple minutes to cool down before facing my sister.”

She was a bit confused by that statement until her gaze fell below his waistline. Her hand flew up to her mouth to stifle a laugh. “Oh boy. You do have a very big problem.” She smirked while raising an eyebrow. “Are you sure you handle it alone?”

He let loose a frustrated breath as he opened the door and gently pushed her outside. “Just keep them occupied for a minute or two.”

Mara left the ‘fresher and saw Leia, Han and Jacen standing on the other side of the protective transparisteel. She gave them a nervous wave as she walked up to the window.

“Miss Jade,” the medical droid said while continuing to search the room. “Do you know the location of Grand Master Skywalker?”

“He’s in the ‘fresher. He’s fine. You can leave now.”

“As you wish.” The droid turned and went to a side laboratory door. Mara took a deep breath and turned to face the Solo family. “Luke will be out in a minute.” She was hoping they wouldn’t ask her why they were in the ‘fresher together, but the identical sardonic grins displayed on Jacen and Han’s face told her she wasn’t going to be that lucky. Leia stared at Mara in dismay for a brief moment before her gazed drifted over to the ‘fresher door. Mara could only imagine what the woman was thinking.

Han was the first to speak, although he was having trouble getting the words out without laughing. “Getting a little private time in with the Jedi Master, I see.”

Jacen laughed at his father’s comment causing Leia to give both men a disapproving glare. “Get your minds out of the gutter. I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation.” She turned back to Mara expectantly.

“Ohhh…umm…Luke called me in. He was feeling a little lightheaded and needed help with…” Mara’s mind scrambled for some excuse.

“With rescue breathing?” Jacen suggested teasingly. Mara’s face flushed first with embarrassment and then with anger as Han doubled over with laughter. A few days ago they were at death’s door and now they were mocking her. “We almost died Solo. Show a little compassion and cut us some slack!”

Han stopped laughing but couldn’t manage to remove the smirk from his face. “Sorry Mara. I heard it was a nasty virus. I can see you are still affected.” Han pointed to her disheveled hair. “The disease caused your lips to get all red and puffy and your hair unmanageable.”

Jacen started laughing again and leaned on his father’s shoulder for support. Eventually he looked up to Mara grinning broadly. “And your face is all red and flushed. You must be having a relapse.”

That was enough for Mara. She went back to the ‘fresher and pounded on the door. “Skywalker, get out here and greet your family.”

After a few seconds and embarrassed looking Jedi Master exited the ‘fresher. He smiled bashfully as he waved and walked forward. “Jacen, Leia, Han. I didn’t know I was allowed visitors.”

“Obviously,” Han muttered just loud enough for Luke to hear. Leia put an elbow to his ribs which only got Han snickering again.

As Luke neared the window he saw his sister’s eyes widen in surprise. “Luke…you look so different.”

Han broke out in a grin. “Yep. He looks strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark.” He lowered his voice slightly. “Or have a romantic rendezvous in the ‘fresher.”

Luke had an incredible urge to Force choke his brother-in-law right about now, but instead he pretended he hadn't hear that last comment. He ran a hand through his beard and smiled at his sister.

“I do look different,” he admitted. “My beard is finally growing out.

Leia shook her head. “Not the beard. Your face. You look younger. The doctor said you may appear rejuvenated, but I didn’t expect this.”

Luke frowned slightly. “I don’t think I’ve changed that much.”

Leia raked her gaze over him from head to toe. “Let me see your right arm.”

“What?”

“Your right arm,” Leia insisted.

Luke shrugged as he held out his arm for inspection. Leia leaned forward until her forehead was almost touching the window. “Do you remember telling me that you might need a new prosthetic because the cybernetic limb didn’t match the skin elasticity of your aging upper limb. Look at it now. They match.”

Luke gazed at his arm and realized his skin was tighter. He had kept his same cybernetic limb for the last twenty years with only minor interior repairs. The synthetic skin was that of a thirty year old. “You’re right.” He looked back up to his sister. “The doctor said my dormant cells are probably dividing again. It might give me a more youthful appearance.”

Leia nodded looking somewhat relieved. “That is much better than dying. You had us scared to death.”

“Sorry about that.” He pointed to his nephew. “Thankfully Jacen was able to save us.”

“Jacen?” Han said mockingly. “Do you mean the Hottest Jedi Knight EVER according to Teen Bliss holozine.

Jacen glared at his father. “Knock it off, Dad.”

“Really? Another title?” Luke more than grateful to have the focus diverted from him and on to Jacen.

Leia shook her head and rolled her eyes. “I don’t know why the media started following Jacen suddenly. You would think he hired a publicist to put out those exaggerated stories.”

Luke bit his bottom lip and suppressed a chuckled. Most likely Tenel Ka hired a small army of public relations experts to generate positive press coverage for her boyfriend.

Jacen looked a little perturbed with his mother. “Exaggerated?” He flashed a devastating smile. “It could be the reports are all true and the media has just broken the story of my amazing charisma and sex appeal.” He swept a hand down his body to emphasize his point.

“Ha!” Mara laughed so hard she started to cough. Luke realized he didn’t have a chance to fill her in on what Jacen had told him earlier that day.

“Mara…he did save our lives. The press must be fascinated with a Jedi who ends up saving the Grand Master.”

“That’s true.” Her expression softened. “I want to thank you for rescuing us. I’m glad you were there.” She raised an eyebrow in amusement. “And I take back all those disparaging remarks I made about you in the past.”

His brow furrowed. “You’re welcome…I guess.”

She grinned at the Jedi. “I’m joking.” She turned to Luke. “He can really dish it out but he can’t take it.”

Luke chuckled as he moved two chairs up to the window so they could sit and talk.

The visit was relaxed and uneventful after that. They were given an update on what was going on at the Temple and with the family. Leia and Han had gotten most of the backstory of what happened on Darten Six from their son. Luke and Mara simply filled in any blanks…although Luke left out any romantic details. Eventually a nurse told them visiting hours were over. Leia promised Luke she would send over some clothing for both of them and would arrange for a holoprojector to be installed.

“And comfortable chairs,” Mara chimed in.

“How about a full size bed?” Han asked with a chuckle.

"And a mirror for the ceiling," Jacen added.

"That's enough!" Leia grabbed the front of Han and Jacen's tunics and dragged them out of the room. "You two need to stop teasing Luke and his ...‘friend’."

When they were gone Luke turned to Mara and pulled her into his arms. “That went well.”

“If by well, you mean embarrassing…then yes, it went well.”

Luke chuckled before leaning in for a quick kiss. “Leia’s disapproving looks were focused on Jacen and Han…not us. The fact that she didn’t like them teasing us tells me she likes the idea of us dating.”

She wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer. “Good, because I like the idea of us dating also.”

“I’m glad we are now all in agreement.” He leaned forward until their lips were almost touching. “Where were we before we were interrupted?” He grinned. “Oh I remember.”

He closed the distance until their mouths met in a searing, demanding kiss.

AngelQueen, Kahara, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh, they are just so cute together. Great update :D

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    They weren't buying Mara's stalling for a second. Hilarious!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    [face_laugh] Oh that made me laugh! I then had to read it out loud to Charity Rose, who is now finally old enough to appreciate this, and she did appreciate it, although I had to explain who Mara was. Poor Luke! 30 years of holding off hot and bothered will catch up with you. ;) Looking forward to more!

Jedi_Lover and Gemma like this.
  6. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    It's always nice to have someone compliment your kissing.

BRAVO! --- I loved the entire scene --- can't wait for more. @};-

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  7. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I almost missed this update. Simply marvelous. I.suppose well have to wait for the bootknocking. Them officially dating will.br so cute
    Though.
    from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved loved loved the teasing and the sizzle!!!! =D= [face_rofl] all at once. [:D]

Gemma and Jedi_Lover like this.
  9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I very much enjoyed Han, Leia and Jacen's reactions. And I love that Luke and Mara are going to get to know each other the old fashioned way - I think Zahn knew he had to get them married quickly, or it might not happen! The Force bond was a bit of a cheat in that regard, albeit a necessary one, but I love to read about L/M actually dating.

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    lol! It's just like that. You try to cover your relationship but all around you teasing you and giving those looks of supressed laugher.

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nice updates. Jacen, cocky as always. [face_laugh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001

:p The development of Jacen's character so far is really interesting and I like how it provides some subplot-stuff to the main L/M romance.

It's a good thing I already know not to do anything risky, like drinking soda for instance, while reading your stories. [face_rofl] Also liked the somewhat more serious discussion and that they're now in agreement on dating -- but still don't have everything figured out. Mara's reaction seemed very believable. It's interesting to see some ambivalence about what-next even when the characters are quite sure of their romantic feelings for each other. And the Solo family walking in at exactly the wrong time! Pretty sure Luke won't live that one down. ;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thank you! They are a cute couple.

No, there really isn't any good reason for them both to be in the 'fresher with the door closed.

Thanks! I think my sons would turn bright red if they red half of my stories. lol!

Thank you! I had trouble with this latest chapter because what can I have them do in an isolation ward?

Ginchy is still waiting for me to set up a bootknocking scene for her to write. I should be there in a chapter or two. I need to end this story soon.

Thanks. I foresee more teasing in Luke's future.

Yeah, I believe Zahn got the green light and wrote that marriage before another author could be assigned to write another creepy bodysnatching soulmate for Luke.

Luke told Jacen he was interested in dating Mara, so it shouldn't be a surprise to the Solos that a relationship is blossoming.

I was a Jacen Solo fan until he became Darth Stupid. :( He may be cocky, but at least he isn't Sith.

I wanted to give Jacen a happy ending because he was so screwed over by the profic authors. And no, Luke probably won't live it down when it comes to hiding in the 'fresher with Mara. ;)

Thanks everybody for reading! [:D] And I want to give a special thanks to ginchy for looking over my story and letting me hash out scenes with her. Whenever I get stuck she always knows the perfect way to write the scene that I have in my head, but can't seem to get on paper! Thanks ginchy!! :D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 20

The following day Luke underwent a very tiring battery of medical tests. So far he was subjected to a Magnetic resonance imaging assessment, a computed tomography scan, plain radiography, an ultrasound and something called a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry scan. The tests indicated his bones were getting stronger, his skin younger, and increased health of his spleen, liver and intestines. All in all, Doctor Minsk determined that the virus might have increased Luke’s lifespan by twenty-two percent.

For the last test, Doctor Minsk—garbed in full protective gear—handed Luke a small specimen cup.

Luke looked at the cup and back up to the doctor. “You want another urine sample?”

The doctor shook his head. “No…we want to make sure the virus only affected somatic cells and not your germline cells.”

“Germline cells?”

“The cells that give rise to gametes. Acquiring a sample from you is infinitely easier than procuring a sample from Miss Jade…which would require minor surgery. If the virus caused a germline gene transfer then gametes are changed and these changes are passed on to offspring. The changes you are experiencing now are from a somatic gene transfer, but the gene insertion is not pass on to the next generation of cells. Of course, this really doesn't matter, since the increased the length of the telomeres effectively reset your biological clock with just one exposure to the gene therapy vector. This doesn't mean you're immortal. From this point on you will start aging at a normal rate. But, if this telomerase gene was transferred into the germline cell…well, then this trait is inserted into the cellular DNA and these changes can permanently be passed on to any offspring. One would think this would be a good thing, but if there is an error in gene insertion it could result in severe or fatal consequences to a developing embryo. There are considerable medical and ethical…”

“Stop!” Luke raised his hand in an impatient gesture. “What exactly do you want in this cup?”

The doctor looked surprised that Luke didn’t know the answer. “A sperm sample off course.” He pointed to a ‘fresher within the laboratory. “You can produce the sample in there or you can go back to the isolation lab if that’ll make you more comfortable. After you have produced a sample you can give the cup to the medical droid. Not only will I look at the possibility of a change of the germ line, but also I will run fertility tests. I’m very interested to see if the rate of motility is now higher than one would expect from a man in his fifties.”

“Fine, fine.” Luke shook his head in frustration, not wanting to hear more the doctor’s medical explanations. “I’ll do it here.” There was no way he was going back to the isolation ward. If he did, Mara was sure to find out what he was doing and with his luck Leia, Han and the twins would show up during visiting hours to interrupt his sample collecting. “I can’t wait until I am out of here,” he mumbled to himself as he entered the ‘fresher.

~~~

When he returned to his isolation chamber he found Mara watching two bipedal G2 repair droids attempting to install a holonet projector. She turned to Luke and smiled. “How were your tests? Did everything come out alright?”

The way she snickered at the end of the sentence told him she knew exactly what tests were asked of him. “Who told you?”

She smirked. “The medical droid, 2-1B, informed me I would not need to provide samples of germ line cells because you volunteered for that job.” She gave him a wink. “I hope you were thinking of me.”

Luke gave a deep sarcastic sigh. “No, I was thinking about smashball, that’s why it took me so long.”

Mara made a scoffing laugh before turning back to the two droids installing the projector. “They’ve been at it for an hour. I am fairly certain these droids are programed to do work other than installing entertainment systems.”

Eventually the droids completed their assignment and activated the device. The air above the projector filled with static before coalescing into the form of a news announcer. One repair droid picked up the remote control and rolled through a number of channels before handing the controller to Mara. They beeped and whistled a few times before leaving.

“Finally!” She pulled up a couple of chairs and clicked through the programing before settling on the history channel. She turned to Luke. “Is there anything you would like to watch?”

Before he could answer he heard a commotion coming from the side laboratory. Eventually 2-1B entered holding two small suitcases in his hands. “A delivery droid dropped off these bags earlier. The droid delivered a message from Captain Solo. He said he couldn’t find any appropriate clothing for Miss Jade in her quarters, therefore he had his daughter purchase some outfits.” 2-1B handed one bag to Mara and the second to Luke. “Captain Solo said he entered your temple quarters, Grand Master Skywalker, and packed some casual wear.”

“Thank you, 2-1B,” Luke said as he set his bag on his bed and opened it. Mara went over to her bed and did the same.

“Shorts, casual shirts.” Mara verbally inventoried the contents as she pulled the clothing out of the bag. “It looks like Jaina guessed the correct sizes.” She suddenly fell silent as a blush heated her face. “I think Han or Jacen may have added an item to the bag.”

Luke gave her a questioning look. “What?”

Mara scowled as she lifted a skimpy black lace babydoll lingerie out of her bag. “I’m going to kill Solo.”

Luke chuckled as he rummaged through his bag. “I wouldn’t totally rule out my sister. She has been wanting some nieces and nephews for a long time.” Luke’s grin grew wider. “I wish I’d seen that earlier. That outfit is much more inspiring than smashball.”

Mara didn’t respond to his comment, but simply shook her head. She picked out a causal outfit and moved to the ‘fresher. “It’s nice to get into some normal clothing.”

“You’re not going to wear the lingerie?” Luke joked.

She laughed softly. “I think we should wait until you have a clean bill of health. I don't want to put you into cardiac arrest.”

“Ouch.” Luke put his hands to his chest as if her words wounded him. “I'll have you know, the doctor said I am as fit as a thirty-year-old.”

She stopped at the ‘fresher door and smirked. “You’ll just have to wait. I expect some wooing and courting as promised.”

He gave her a mock salute. “I’ll get right on that.”

She shook her head before disappearing into the ‘fresher.

While she was gone Luke took the time to slip into some shorts and shirt and then took the holoprojector remote and turned it to a program called Celebrity In-depth. He was fairly certain many of the erroneous stories Jacen had mentioned were reported on this particular programming channel.

He was seated in front of the projector watching a report about holofilm celebrities dealing with alcohol or drug problems when Mara came out of the ‘fresher. She looked at him incredulously. “I can’t believe a Grand Master watches celebrity gossip shows.”

Luke grinned. “I normally don’t, but I want to see if Jacen is mentioned.”

Mara’s brows rose as a grin crossed her face. She moved over to where Luke sat and settled down in the chair next to him. “This I want to see.”

Luke gave a gloating smirk. “I can’t believe an Emperor’s Hand watches celebrity gossip shows.”

She nudged him with her elbow. “I’m no longer the Emperor’s Hand, so I can pretty much do whatever I please.” She gave him a wink as she sat back in the chair. She shifted in her seat a few times trying to get comfortable but failed. “I hope your sister ordered those comfy chairs we asked for.”

Luke squirmed in his hard plastic seat trying to find a position that didn’t make his back hurt. “These have to be those horrible ergonomically designed chairs that supposedly help your posture, but I don’t like sitting ramrod straight all the time.” He stood and looked around. Eventually he walked over to his bed and raised the head of the adjustable mattress to the upright position before climbing on top. “I’m going to watch from here.”

Mara stood and gazed at her bed located further from the projector. “We should've had the projector installed between our beds.”

Luke scooted over and patted the mattress next to him. “I have plenty of room for you.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Trying to get me into bed already?”

He laughed. “We’re in isolation there isn’t much to do other than get poked and prodded by a medical droid or try to seduce you.”

She rolled her eyes, but walked up to the bed and climbed in next to Luke. He smiled broadly before returning his attention back to the show. After ten minutes of watching a story about ‘Who has the best bathing suit body’, Jacen finally appeared on the projection. He was filmed leaving the facility Luke and Mara currently resided. The image switched to a scantily clad blue Twi’lek news reporter.

“Jedi Knight Jacen Solo was seen leaving the Coruscant Center for Disease Control where he was confined for observation after possible exposure to chemical or biological agents on the planet Darten Six. The twenty-six year old Jedi Knight was medically discharged and allowed to return to the Jedi Temple. The condition of Grand Master Skywalker and the unnamed third party of his group is unknown.”

A stock image of Luke in full Jedi robes appeared. Luke realized he had changed quite a bit in the last couple weeks. In the image his hair was graying at the temples and there were laugh lines around his eyes and mouth. But what really stood out to Luke was his expression in the holo. He didn’t look happy…at least not as happy as he has been since he found Mara. He thought he could see the loneliness in his eyes.

“The CCDC will not officially disclose the name of the third person, but according to a source close to the Jedi Master himself, the mysterious individual is none other than the beautiful redheaded temptress that the Grand Master was seen kissing in a holotheater less than two weeks ago. Could the Grandmaster be dating a young apprentice attending his Academy? We tried to ask Jacen Solo this exact question.”

The holovid went to a shot of Jacen trying to make their way down the stairs in front of the CCDC building. Paparrazi and news reporters shoved holoimagers and microphones in the young Jedi’s face hindering his movement. As he moved down the stairs, reporters were shouting over each other trying to get their question answered.

“Jedi Solo, is it true that the Grand Master Skywalker is now dating a Jedi Apprentice?”

“We heard rumors that he secretly married. Can you comment on that?”

“Is it true that the Grand Master had a facelift?”

“Rumor has it you and the Grand Master were hunting the elusive Bat-Boy on Darten Six. Can you confirm that?”

“Is the Grand Master in rehab for death stick addiction?”

“Is it true that the woman in quarantine with Jedi Skywalker is really a human replicate droid manufactured for the Grand Master so he could have sexual relations while still technically adhering to his non-attachment vow?”

“What?” Jacen stuttered stepped at that last question and probably would have fallen down the stairs if it wasn’t for the Force.

“A human replicate droid!” Mara burst out in laughter. “Wow! Does the media tell crazy stories about you all the time?”

Luke lifted up the remote and turned off the projector. She turned to Mara and gave her a small weary smile. “That's nothing. So far I have purportedly fathered over twenty love children. I've been reported dead six times by the media. Rumor has it I live a twisted double life of partying at night and being a sedate Jedi Master during the day and there are allegedly a number of sex holos floating around starring yours truly, although I was told the actor in the holos is at least eight centimeters taller than me and twenty years younger.” Luke grinned at Mara and winked. “And I’m pretty sure he’s not as good looking as me.”

She chuckled. “You’re getting almost as arrogant as your nephew.”

He leaned in closer until their lips were almost touching. “I don’t think anybody can beat Jacen when it comes to arrogance.” He moved closer allowing his lips to brush hers. “I should check out that last rumor, just to make sure.”

Her brow furrowed. “What rumor?”

His mouth twitched into a wry grin. “That you’re a Human Replicate Droid.” He moved a hand down her back. “There should be a button somewhere where you can be activated or deactivated.”

He pretended to search for the elusive button before his hand moved to her side and tickled her. She let out a squeal before gently pushing him away. “There may be an activation button, but you have a lot more wooing and courting to do before you can initiate that triggering sequence.”

He gave a mock look of rejection before a grin stretched across his face. “That leaves me with only one thing left—rescue breathing,” he whispered huskily before lowering his mouth gently to hers for a sweet, tender kiss.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun and full of their classic banter. Loved especially the comments about the HRD and a 'button' [face_laugh] Love also that Mara is ticklish. [face_love]

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    You write the paparazzi so well. [face_laugh]

I love the idea of the droids taking forever to install the projector because they don't know what they're doing. And I await the results of the sperm sample. :D

Gemma, Revanfan1 and Jedi_Lover like this.
  16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    BAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS A GREAT CHAPTER!

Gemma, Jedi_Lover and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I love Luke looking for the 'button'. heh. [face_devil] Too funny!!! And I wonder just who packed Mara's suitcase.

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    So many funny and sweet moments in this story; I'm not sure which are my favorite. :) Very well-written. =D=

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    “Is it true that the woman in quarantine with Jedi Skywalker is really a human replicate droid manufactured for the Grand Master so he could have sexual relations while still technically adhering to his non-attachment vow?”

“What?” Jacen stuttered stepped at that last question and probably would have fallen down the stairs if it wasn’t for the Force.

[face_rofl]

20. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Go Luke and go Mara! Make him work a bit for it. :p Love this, especially the denseness on *what* exactly he was supposed to put in the cup. Looking forward to more!

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! That's probably because I grew up reading magazines like the National Enquirer or The Weekly World News...that's why I had to mention Bat-Boy. He was all over the Weekly World News in the 90s.

[​IMG]

Kahara, JediMaster_Jen and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I agree with all of the above comments. Loved it when Mara teased Luke about his test when he got back and then later his comment about the black lacy lingerie. The kissing and banter at the end was just perfect! The tender romance you're building between them is precious.

And when the doctor was telling Luke all of the healing the virus had promoted in his body; I was like where can I sign up to be exposed to such a virus. I don't care about immortality or getting younger --- but to have all of my parts working with no assistance --- that would feel like a miracle.

23. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great chapter! Love the paps and their ridiculous questions - I can only imagine what they're going to write when Luke and Mara go out on an actual date!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  24. ThePhenakism

ThePhenakism Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2013
    Awesome chapter once again, am very keen too see the reactions to a Luke/Mara date again.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Ack! I am having the worst time writing! I am sorry that it has taken so long to update and that the chapters are short and probably not written as well as they should be. My life has become a nightmare (and not a nightmare of my making. Family members have a way of making my life unmanageable and the police frown on the use of 2X4's against the heads of my idiot relatives). Thank goodness for ginchy and a few other friends that are keeping me sane. I want to end this story in a couple chapters. Ginchy is writing shine for me...so that at least is something worth waiting for. :D Thanks ginchy!!! [:D]

Thanks I'm glad you liked that. :p

Thanks. I used to read the National Enquirer all the time when I was a kid. lol!

Thanks. I guess that would be one way to get around the rules.

Don't feel bad Luke, most men can't find the button.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

Poor Jacen has to deal with the media as Luke and Mara hole up in a room together.

Thanks! Mara is not going to make him work too hard.

That would be nice. A lot of my parts are not working to par.

Luke is going to break a lot of fangirl hearts.

Thank you! Thanks for reading and taking the time to review.

Alright, I am working on getting Luke and Mara out of the facility and out on the town.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter 21

The next two weeks were probably the best Luke had experienced in a very long time. Although it was somewhat irritating that he was confined to a medical facility for up to a month, he couldn’t complain about his company. Mara Jade was a pleasure to be around. In fact, he couldn’t think of anybody he would rather be with.

He was extremely happy when she asked him to train her in the ways of the Force. It was slow going at first. Her belief that Emperor Palpatine was the source of her Force powers hindered her training. When she finally was able to make a small object move, her faith was restored and her training progressed quickly.

Luke wasn’t the only one acting as an instructor. Mara somehow convinced him he needed to learn how to dance. They would use the audio portion of the holoprojector to play classical music as Mara walked him through the steps of a Corsucanti waltz. He must admit, he didn’t need much convincing. He looked for any excuse to hold the beautiful redhead in his embrace. For some reason when she was near him he felt whole…like they were meant to be together. He never was one to believe in soulmates, but if there was such a thing…Mara Jade was his.

Currently he had his sexy roommate in his arms as they swayed to the sound of a soft melody. He leaned in and kissed her neck, which resulted in a soft giggle. Mara pulled away and gave him a smirk. “If we are going to continue dancing like this we are going to have to trim that prickly brush you call a beard.”

Luke ran a hand over his now fully grown beard and frowned. “I thought you said it made me look dignified.”

She put her hands on her hips and looked at him defiantly. “You were dignified a week ago. Now you are approaching Wookiee status.” Her face softened as she moved closer, running a hand over his facial hair. “I’m not asking you to shave it all off…just trim it so you don’t look like some hermit.”

Luke leaned in and kissed her on the lips. “Okay, but I’ve never had a beard or moustache before. I'm not sure what style would look good on me.”

She walked over to a small table next to their beds and picked up a datapad. “We can look it up on the Holonet.” She activated the onscreen keypad and typed in ‘beard and moustache styles’. She took Luke’s hand in hers and led him to a small couch provided to them earlier that week. Luke sat down next to Mara and shifted closer to her until he could feel the heat of her body pressed against his.“Look at this." She held out the datapad for him to review. “This holosite shows various facial hairstyles.”

Luke took the proffered device and scrolled through the different beard types. “I want a style that says I am a wise Jedi Master, but also young at heart.” He grinned at Mara and held out the datapad. “How about this?”

Mara gazed at the model on the screen. The man was clean-shaven with the exception of a moustache that went across his upper lip and then dipped down to the sides slightly. Mara made a face and shook her head. “No, that style screams ‘I’m a skinholo star!’”

Luke gazed at the image with a frown. “Really? Kyp has that moustache style.” He turned to Mara and gave her a wink. “Maybe that is why he is always getting the girls.”

She rolled her eyes. “I don’t know who Kyp is, but I’m sure that’s not it.”

He chuckled. “Fine how about this style.” He showed her a man with a thin, neatly trimmed moustache and a beard that was narrow as a ribbon and followed the contours of the bottom jaw.

Mara laughed. “Really Luke? You want something that looks like a hairy chinstrap.” She shook her head. “I am fairly sure you have to own a strip club to make that look work.”

“Okay.” Luke found another style and passed the datapad to Mara.

She handed it back immediately. “Now you're just trying to irritate me. A chin curtain? You really want a cleanly shaven face but have a neck beard? I am fairly certain only Tartarian holy zealots wear their beards that way.”

Luke had trouble keeping a straight face and purposely picked another facial hairstyle that he would never actually consider. “How about this?” The holo was of a male model with a cleanly shaven face except for a small patch of hair under the lower lip.

She frowned. “We used to call that a dork tuft back in my day.”

“How about a goatee?”

She made a face. “You don’t want to know what women think of goatees.”

“Okay, then you find a good look.” He handed her the datapad. She flicked through a number of pages before she came to a style she liked. “Here. It is basically your beard but clipped down.” She reached out and tugged on his facial hair. “Just trim what you’ve got.”

He leaned in and kissed her gently. “Anything for you, My Love.” After expressing that particular term of endearment he began to panic. He meant to be playful, but saying ‘my love’ might be misconstrued as a very premature declaration of love. He didn’t want to look desperate and scare her away. He waited for Mara’s reaction, but none came. She simply smiled and stood. “Good, I’ll get something to cut your hair.” She moved to the ‘fresher and rummaged around for a moment before returning with some scissors. She sat next to Luke and reached forward and started trimming. After a minute or two of silence she raised an eyebrow and smirked. “I felt your panic in the Force.” She moved closer to him and kissed his cheek. “I think My Love is a nice pet name.”

Luke blushed. “I didn’t want you to think I was rushing things.”

She continued cutting his beard. “I didn’t think that. We’re just getting comfortable around each other. Don’t worry. I don’t expect you to declare your undying love for me after knowing each other for a little over a month.”

“Thank you,” Luke said with a warm smile.

She grinned. “It’s okay if you declare your undying lust.”

He snaked an arm around her waist careful not to jostle the scissors. “That I can do.” He took the sheers out of her hand and pulled her onto his lap. “Come here. I have a lot to declare.”

~~~

An hour later Luke gazed at his image in the mirror and smiled. Mara was right; it did look much better trimmed. He exited the ‘fresher and found her sitting on the couch viewing a celebrity gossip show. In the past couple weeks it had been quite entertaining to see Jacen flustered when ambushed by reporters. So far he gave one press conference on the front steps of the temple. He told the reporters in advance he was not going to answer any questions about his or the grandmaster’s personal life. He only wished to discuss the mission to Darten Six and the Grand Master’s recovery.

Luke really wished he had recorded that interview. The first question was, “Is the Grand Master now dating?” Jacen firmly reinstated the rules of the press conference. The second question was, “There's a rumor that Miss Angola Lee, the holostarlet, is pregnant with the Grand Master’s child. Can you confirm or deny this?”

Jacen shook his head. “Does anybody have any questions involving the mission to Darten Six?”

“Who was the woman who accompanied you to Darten Six?”

Jacen took a deep breath and let it out before answering. “I am not at liberty to disclose her name at this time, but I can say she did accompany the Grand Master and I as an navigator and slicer.”

“Is she a Jedi?”

“No, she’s not a Jedi.”

At that point the questions once again focused on a possible blossoming romance between Luke and Mara. Jacen quickly ended the press conference saying he would send out an official press release via the holonet. That was a week ago. Jacen now appeared to be laying low and avoiding the media frenzy.

Luke sat down next to Mara and put an arm around her shoulder. “Have you seen my nephew yet?”

She smiled and shook her head. “Not yet. It appears a senator was caught cheating on his wife with two twi’lek dancers. A holostar was arrested for driving a speeder while under the influence of death sticks. They just showed a very unflattering mug shot of him. No Jacen yet.”

Suddenly the image of Luke appeared on the holoprojector. A scantily clad, blue-haired and red-skinned Zeltron moved in front of the image of the Jedi Master while smiling smugly. “Hello everyone, today we have some exclusive holovid footage that can only be seen here on Celebrity In-depth. Although Jedi Solo has made a pronounced effort to downplay the role of the mysterious redheaded woman who accompanied him and the Grand Master to Darten Six, we now have shocking video footage proving once and for all that she is more than a slicer and navigator to the Jedi Master.”

The scene changed and Luke sat up in his chair slackjawed as he stared at the projected image. There, floating above the projector, was a grainy holo of him and Mara lying in his bed within the isolation unit. They were clothed, but in an ardent embrace and kissing passionately.

“Kriff! That’s holovid footage from the cameras monitoring this room!” Mara gasped and turned to Luke. “I thought the staff had signed nondisclosure agreements and had a legal duty to maintain patient confidentiality?”

“They do.” Luke’s jaw tightened as he gritted his teeth seething.

“As you can see the Jedi Master has obviously thrown his non-attachment vows out the window and is very much romantically involved with the woman who accompanied him on the mission to Darten Six.”

Luke stood and identified all the monitoring holocams in the room. He reached his arms out and with the Force crushed all four cameras simultaneously. He then turned to the side room where the medical droid was located. “Two-One Bee! Get your metal ass out here, NOW!”

The droid shuffled out of the side room “Yes Master Skywalker. Is there a problem?”

Luke pointed to the holoprojector that continued to show security holovideo of Luke and Mara. “Yes there is a problem! Somebody in this facility leaked out security vids of Mara and me! I want to speak to Doctor Minsk right now!”

The droid backed up a step. “Doctor Minsk’s shift ended an hour ago. I will contact the intern on duty.”

Luke was fuming. “You will call Doctor Minsk right now or I will shatter those transparisteel windows and walk out of here.”

The droid looked to the windows and back to Luke. “Those windows can withstand twenty-nine thousand kilograms per centimeter. I highly doubt you can…”

The shaking of the window cut off the droid. Luke probably could shatter the window with little effort, but he wanted to make a point, not cause tens of thousands of credits worth of damage. He glared at the droid. “I assure you, I can do what I claim.”

The droid turned and ran into the side room. “I will inform Doctor Minsk immediately, Master Skywalker!”

Luke turned to Mara, his hands balled into fists. “We’re getting out of here. Either they discharge us outright or rig up an isolation room in the temple infirmary.”

Mara moved to Luke and gave him a hug. “I’m sorry. This has to be upsetting for you as a Grand Master…I never wanted to cause you embarrassment.”

Luke stepped back and looked at her perplexed. “That’s not the reason I’m upset. This is a total invasion of our privacy, but I’m not embarrassed to be seen kissing you.” A slow smirk crossed his face. “I hope to be doing it publicly and privately in the future.”

She smiled and raised an eyebrow. “It’s a good thing our romantic encounters never got out of hand.”

Luke chuckled. “I’ll say. I don’t want to star in an amateur skinholo.”

Mara looked up at the destroyed security holocams. “I guess it’s safe to kiss now.” She moved closer to him and ran a hand down the front of his tunic.

He was still upset, but Mara had a calming effect on him. He lifted her palm to his lips. “I can’t wait until we are out of here and have some real privacy.” He stepped closer and pressed his lips to the sensitive curve between her neck and shoulder.

Mara shuddered in his arms. “Oh really, what are we going to do when we have privacy?” Her voice was low and husky with desire.

Luke pulled back and grinned. “Anything you want My Love. Anything at all.”