main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Second Death- (AU, a Siriwan vignette) (PART TWO UP 10/15)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aelan_Greenleaf, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelan_Greenleaf

Aelan_Greenleaf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Title: A Second Death
    Author: Aelan Greenleaf
    Category: AU, romance, angst
    Rating: PG
    Summary: A strange vignette. She thinks that he?s dead. He proves her wrong. On the balcony, everything changes. (Siriwan)
    Disclaimer: None of this is mine, no matter how many wishes I use.
    Author?s Note: This is a strange story, as stated in the summary. I don?t even think that I like it. But this is how it turned out. Interesting. And also, I know I haven't posted on here in forever, but school takes up most of my time. I miss it. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the pale moonlight of Coruscant's night sky, she waited. Concealed by both shadow and cloak, she hid in plain view, waiting on a long-abandoned balcony. Twin orbs glittered in the darkness, shedding silent tears. Who she was expecting, she didn't know, and she didn't really suspect that anyone would come.

Siri Tachi was most definitely not the crying type, but against all belief she was here, sobbing to herself, alone, in the cool evening. Silver tears for a dead man, a man who had died defending the Jedi Order. A man whom she had loved.

She pulled the heavy cloak tighter against herself, as the chilly breeze turned to a cold wind. This side of the Temple was almost completely deserted, seldom used since she had been a very young child. She chosen it specifically for that, not wanting to even chance being discovered by the wrong person, mourning and whimpering like an ill-tempered youngling.

The wind started to howl, drowning out the considerable sounds of the immense city-planet below her. Billions upon billions of so many different life forms, a mosaic of so many cultures and ways of life. So unaware that a hero had just been extinguished, a bright light in vast sea of darkness.

"Obi-Wan..." she spoke to the wind, not expecting an answer.

And yet, so strangely, she received one. "Siri."

Her cloak flew off of her as she struggled to her feet, shock numbing her senses as she stumbled on the quiet balcony. Her heart skipped and her stomach leaped into her throat. Before her stood a man, a man with rust colored tresses and blue eyes the color of a Parian life-dragon. A man who was supposed to have died.

She wanted to run and embrace him; she wanted to run and never look back. Her heart cried out to touch him, to kiss him, to take his body into her arms but her mind was screaming to back away. Her hands grabbed onto the metal handrail behind her, the sole barrier between her and the infinite depths of the urban jungle below.

"You... can't, no, not possible." she stuttered, as the north wind blew her words away.

He looked straight at her, and there was something different in those cerulean orbs. She shivered, not from the cold.

"I missed you," he began, and there was something so... wrong, something innately bizarre within those words, though they sounded so familiar in that clipped, Coruscanti tone. His Force-presence was strangely masked from her, and goosebumps trailed up her spine. Her nails dug into her own skin as her grip tightened.

"You died!" she exclaimed, her own indigo eyes opened wide in a mixture of wonderment and downright horror. The man who was her everything grinned oddly, and took a step towards her, lanky figure emerging into the dim moonlight. Siri fought the urge to cringe.

"That's what everyone thinks, Siri."

"Bu-but why?" Siri knew she was not acting like herself, that this timid creature that she had become was far from the brave soul she had always been, but grief and fear and confusion were clouding her mind, and she was so, so tired.

"So that we could be together, of course." he stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the whole world. An alien light appeared behind his eyes, gleaming unnaturally.

And in that moment, she understood. She understood why she couldn't touch his presence, why there was a strange light inside of him, and why everything seemed so

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Aaaaccck! Strange and SAD. :(

Her heart cried out to touch him, to kiss him, to take his body into her arms but her mind was screaming to back away. :_| Maybe you don't like it, but I do! :p

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :_| :_| :_|

I find nothing but sadness today! Argh! Lovely and well written, but I am in desperate need of FLUFF!

Bravo! =D=

4. Aelan_Greenleaf

May 20, 2005
    JadeSolo: Thank you! I guess I do kind of like it, but it is quite strange! :)

VaderLVR64: Thanks so much! Now, go and find some nice, sweet, tooth-decaying fluff to warm you! :)

5. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    I am deeply impressed!

=D=

Oh, Obi-Wan....:oops:

And Siri ... :_|

6. Aelan_Greenleaf

May 20, 2005
    corellian-jedi: Thank you very much! [:D]

7. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan, what were you thinking.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whoa - Obi turns and kills Siri :eek: :eek: :eek:

Very well done, but very sad

=D==D= =D= =D=

9. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Wow....
    so sad!:_| Obi-Wan, what were you thinking?!
    I still wish they could have been together.
    Stupid Jedi code *mumbles incoherently*:mad: .....
    but this was great! Wonderful job!=D=

10. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The person had once been Obi-Wan Kenobi, the man of her dreams and of her heart, came closer now, so close that she could finally feel the dark fire burning within him, the stench of pure dark power emanating from him. His arms grabbed hers, and somehow, he was colder than her, ice in the frozen night.

Ooo... *shivers* Creepy... [face_skull]

Not the usual ending you'd expect for these two! :p

Dark and deadly Obi-Wan...most interesting! ;)

11. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Oh wow... :D :D :D

It had such a wonderful twist! You did an incredible job with it.

And I must say, evil Obi is fantasic! [face_mischief]

Very haunting, I cannot compliment you enough! =D=

Ani-maniac

12. Aelan_Greenleaf

May 20, 2005
    ZaraValinor: An evil Obi's thoughts are hard to understand. :p

KELIA: Thank you very much! :)

Katieelessar: Thanks! I know, darn code. If only they had lived thirty years later... sigh.

Star_Drifter: Thanks! I've always wanted to write a Dark Obi story.

Ani-maniac: Thank you so much! [:D]

13. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    twas good, but when's the next update?
    and, (nobody strike me, please) where does everyone get this whole obi-siri relationship from? did something happen in the books or is it just the same idea?
    -confused

14. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    up.
    die Darth OPPM!!!!!!! grrr.

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was excellent! Remember strange is not always bad, in fact I think this proves it!!

16. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Aw, man! :_| Why would he go and do that?

Nice parallel to Anakin's own turning, though. Like Master, like Padawan? Great job.

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    :_| NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well, it was excellently written, padawan. Superb job. =D=

:_|

18. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    That was incredible. Certainly strange, but very well written and strange often means original, which is always good.

19. Aelan_Greenleaf

May 20, 2005
    ShadowofLures: Sadly, I don't think there will be an update. Unless I change my mind. You never know; this is how "Expiation" got started... :p

Healer_Leona: Thanks! In this case, strange is good, apparently. :)

DarthMousche: Thank you! I tried to get a similar parallel going there. :)

VadersMistress: Why, thank you Master! At least I didn't kill Obi. :p

Indra: Thank you! [:D]

20. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHAT????? NO UPDATES???? ITS JUST A PLOT BUNNY?????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

21. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    *pushes to top cuz shadow wants an answer to ^above^ question*

22. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Wow...that's about all I have to say. It wasn't what I was expecting but I really liked it because it took me by surprise. And evil Obi is always fun. Great job!

23. Aelan_Greenleaf

May 20, 2005
    Part Two: Sith

Author?s Note: Okay, this is it. I decided on one more part, and one more only. So here it is. Enjoy.

Within the dark and fetid tunnels of Coruscant's underbelly, he plotted his revenge. Revenge against all of those that had misled him, that had betrayed him, that had hated him. Those who had scoffed at him, who had laughed, who had not thought him worthy of being a Jedi Knight.

A strange grin crossed his features, barely visible in the flickering light, as he realized that he was now proving them right. No matter. They would get what they deserved.

His hands and feet dragged through the semi-liquid slime, and yet, seemed to emerge clean and unscathed. There was a strange aura around him, he who was once the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. If anyone had been nearby, if anyone had thought to look down instead of up, they would have simply sensed the coldness that now surrounded him. A coldness that was neither natural or normal.

However, as he planned his scheme of revenge and torture and evil, he thought first of something else. Something, rather, someone, who had been constantly in his thoughts and in his dreams. He reached out into the tangled web of the Force, and cut a path right through it, leaving a wake of darkness behind him as he reached out to Siri.

The Sith apprentice smiled to himself in the depths. She was here, in the Temple. And she was alone.

Moving as swiftly as a nightfox and as quietly as the spiders of Antari Prime, the young man moved out of his hiding place and up into the building he had once called home. It was filled with a light energy that most called the Force, and he could sense it subtly pushing against him as he climbed higher and higher up. Pushing against the power that had now taken over his heart.

As his muscles worked and his heart beat faster and faster, his mind was concentrating only on the Force, and the presence that seemed to call him to it. She was on the Takari level, a seldom used part of the Temple, long abandoned by the majority of the Knights and Initiates. There, he would meet her. Finally, and forever.

After all, he had done this all for her.

There was, however, something else. A nagging feeling, like something was fighting him from the inside. Obi-Wan frowned, his concentration slipping, and his right foot stepped forwards awkwardly, ligaments stretching and breaking as he tripped. Anger exploded inside of him as his appendage immediately ballooned outwards, swelling because of the injury. He cursed, but continued running. An ankle would not stop him, and nor would anything else.

A cool wind began to come through the corridor, and he could feel its' touch upon his face as he approached the balcony at the end of the hall. He could see the city-planet's lights in the midnight sky; he could hear the rumbling of the vast machinery below him.

He could feel her.

A voice came to him over the wind. Pleading, crying, full of sorrow. "Obi-Wan..."

He answered. "Siri."

The cloaked figure before him leaped to her feet, stumbling awkwardly upright, as her covering floated down to the ground and he could see the curvature of her body, and the reflection of the pale light off of her beautiful hair. He could see her eyes as shock overtook her and she gasped, almost forgetting to breathe.

In that moment, he wanted her. He wanted her with every single part of him; he wanted to envelop her in his arms and never, ever let her go. His heart seemed to burst with a strange, alien emotion, and for a split second, he was Obi-Wan again. The Jedi. The Padawan. The hero.

Something changed in her indigo eyes, and the moment was shattered, thrown to the wind. The Jedi was stomped, pushed, stabbed back into the depths, the darkness rising back up. The coldness returned.

"You... can't, no, not possible." Her voice was like liquid ecstasy, and he remembered with a passion why he had done all that he had done. His cerulean eyes met hers.

"I missed you." he whispered, but the words were strange in his mou

24. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Oh my goodness - I don't know which post was sadder. :_| Especially loved that moment when the light Obi-Wan came back - and disappeared. I'm very intrigued about exactly what it was he did (how he turned).

25. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    so what happens next? did Siri kill herself? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.