main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A secret Ally Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update!

Falcon and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dev gave a short nod in agreement as he reached forward. I turned my attention to the holo transmitter and swallowed hard. It was time to turn this around. I hoped they took the hint and left.

Good team work!

Falcon likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The boys are a great help. Love the action

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I hit the receive button as Dev stepped in beside me. I stared at Luke in surprise as he smiled with relief. I wondered how he managed to figure out which channel to transmit on. I started pressing the firing button until the first cruiser I targeted blew up. “Impressive son, how did you figure out this channel?”

Luke didn’t say a word as he stepped aside as Rex pushed Nereus into the holo field. “General, glad to see you’re still alive,” Rex commented with a serious expression. “What should we do with the scum bag?”

“The Imperial Garrison until I get back planet side,” I answered angrily. “When I get my hands on you Nereus, I am going to...”

Luke raised an eyebrow in my direction causing me to stop in mid sentence. “Father, I believe Captison has already decided on a trial…”

“Fine,” I crossed my arms glaring at Nereus causing the man to swallow hard. “If they decide on the death penalty I get to pull the trigger.”

“Are you that angry?” Luke questioned with a raised brow. “How did he hand you over?”

I raised my hand and rubbed the back of my head and winced as pain washed over me. For the most part the pain was bearable unless I touched the area where I was smacked. Rex raised an eyebrow with a surprised expression. “Sounds painful. Are you okay until the Falcon arrives to pick you up?”

“Yes, as long as I don’t touch the area where I was hit, I’m okay to think clearly enough,” I answered as Luke suddenly looked concerned. “Don’t worry, Luke. I’m fine. When will the Falcon arrive?”

“Shortly,” Rex answered as another beep sounded. “It’s best to lower the deflector shields in two minutes.”

“We have another on the line, hold on,” I switched channels as another Ssi-Ruuk looked at me in confusion then grew angry as he spotted Dev. “Dev, translate what I say word for word,” I turned my attention to the Ssi-Ruuk and raised an eyebrow. “I am Lord Vader of the Imperial Empire. I want you and your fleet to head back to your home planet or I will continue to take out your cruisers one by one until none of you are left.”

Dev looked at me in shock as I gesture for him to translate. Dev turned his attention to the Ssi-Ruuk and translated. The Ssi-Ruuk looked surprised as he stared at me and squeaked. “Admiral Ipkis just called me a traitor, he wants proof of who you are and demands the verbal password agreed upon between you, Palpatine and him.”

I nodded in agreement as I rattled off the password as Dev translated. Admiral Ipkis looked angry as I crossed my arms then lowered my right hand over the firing button and positioned the canon towards the next nearest cruiser and fired a warning shot. Ipkis squeaked in surprise as the line went dead.

“He has agreed to leave the system,” Dev translated as I watched the cruisers make their jumps into hyperspace.

“Palpatine was a fool making a deal with them,” I muttered under my breath as I lowered the shield to allow the Falcon to land. “Sounds like our ticket off this crate will be here shortly,” I glanced behind me as Brice stood still looking frozen causing me to curse under my breath. I didn’t want him to find out until I had a chance to sit him down and explain everything. Before a word could be spoken I heard someone yelling out for us.

“Ani?” Fress called out as she ran onto the bridge. She reached into her pack and produced pain reducers. “Luke quickly called the Falcon and told me you were in pain. I brought something for the pain.”

“Thanks Fress,” I accepted the pain meds and held the tablet under my tongue. I turned my attention to Brice and gestured him forward as I felt the pill dissolve under my tongue. “Fress, did you have a son say about twelve years ago?”

“How did you know that?” Fress questioned looking panicked as Brice stepped towards her. She turned her attention to the boy as a surprised expression crossed her features. “Brice, what are you doing here? What happened?”

“My home planet was attacked and they killed my parents,” Brice explained as Fress kneeled down in front of Brice as she checked him over. She ran her hands along his face. “You’re my mom, aren’t you? Darren and Karen were my adoptive parents.”

“I am your mother,” Fress answered as she hugged Brice closely to her. “I’m sorry baby. This isn’t what your father and I had in mind for you,” tears filled Fress’s eyes as she looked at me with a grateful smile. “Thank you for keeping my baby safe, Anakin.”

“You’re welcome,” I watched as mother and son reunite as I turned my attention to Dev. He was going to need someone to train him in the ways of the Force. Maybe Ahsoka and Rex were willing to take him? “Fress, take the boys back to the hangar bay and I will be along shortly.”

“What do you have in mind, my reckless former master,” Fress questioned with a raised brow as Brice clung to Fress.

“I plan to release all the souls trapped onboard this ship, nothing too reckless,” I answered as Fress gave a short nod of understanding. Fress took Dev and Brice with her as I searched the Force looking for trapped souls on the ship. I had a feeling a much more thorough search of the ship was in order. For now I planned to release as many as possible on the way to the hangar bay.
    ----------------------------
    As I released more souls as I made my way to the hangar bay, the more souls I discovered on board, the more I began to see the Ssi-Ruuk as barbaric. Who uses souls to power up technology? There were better ways to go about this. As I neared the Falcon I saw Leia standing at the bottom of the ramp waiting for me causing me to smile. I sensed more souls trapped to my right as I walked over and plowed my lightsaber through the console. I shut the blade off and walked over to the Falcon as Leia raised an eyebrow looking a little confused. I stopped in front of her and gave a weary smile. “The Ssi-Ruuk use souls to power their technology with and this ship is just teaming with souls. To release the soul I have to destroy the equipment.”

Leia gave an understanding smile. “I’m sure they’re grateful to finally be able to rest. We should get back to deal with Nereus. And I’m under the impression from Luke you were hurt before being handed over. You are going to see a medic and…”

“And I get to pull the trigger,” I commented as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Leia shook her head as we headed up the ramp. The ramp closed behind us as we walked to where the extra seats were. I strapped myself in as Han called over his shoulder about taking off.

“No father, you’re not pulling the trigger. Not right away anyways,” Leia gave a weary smile. “First they plan to give him a fair trial. Captison has already agreed if you want, you can be the executioner.”

“And you’re okay with me…” I raised an eyebrow feeling a little stunned that they would allow me to be the one without having to ask. “Why didn’t I have to ask?”

“Nereus explained to me that you were brutally smacked in the head,” Leia answered with concern in her tone. “We figure that would be enough for you to kill him as soon as you saw him the next time. First thing you need is a scan to make sure there was no serious damage done.”

That was the truth dead on. If I could kill Nereus while staring at him on the holo field, I would not have hesitated. I leaned my head back and grimaced at the tenderness. I felt something land in my lap. I reached down and noticed it was a cushion. I gave Leia a grateful smile as I fixed it behind my head. “Thanks Leia,” I closed my eyes.

“You’re welcome, father.”

“I just need a nap,” I felt myself quickly fall into a deep sleep.
    -------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper post. =D= Love the reunion and liberations. :cool: I like this redo of TAB. ;)

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great entry with the reunion of son and mother and love how he is handling this

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    As I released more souls as I made my way to the hangar bay, the more souls I discovered on board, the more I began to see the Ssi-Ruuk as barbaric. Who uses souls to power up technology? There were better ways to go about this. As I neared the Falcon I saw Leia standing at the bottom of the ramp waiting for me causing me to smile. I sensed more souls trapped to my right as I walked over and plowed my lightsaber through the console. I shut the blade off and walked over to the Falcon as Leia raised an eyebrow looking a little confused. I stopped in front of her and gave a weary smile. “The Ssi-Ruuk use souls to power their technology with and this ship is just teaming with souls. To release the soul I have to destroy the equipment.”

A once tormented soul frees other souls... @};-... wonderful.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I heard a soft beep beside my ear but it sounded far away. I worked my tongue back and forth noting it had the after taste of a bacta dunk. The beeping grew slightly louder and closer as my mind began to focus. It felt like someone was holding my hand. I moved my fingers as the person gently squeezed my hand. I opened an eye and noticed a very white sterile ceiling. As my mind and eyes began to focus better I turned my head to the side and saw Leia sitting beside the bed I was now aware I was laying on. I don’t remember anything from the time I was on the Falcon and now. “Medward?” I quietly questioned as Leia nodded. “Did I pass out and not wake up?” Again she nodded. “The head injury is more severe then I originally thought?”

“The medic said you will be fine, you just need to rest for the next couple of days,” Leia explained as I tried to sit up but a wave of dizziness prevented me from moving too quickly. “You had a hairline fracture in your skull.”

“What about Kay?” I questioned in a concerned tone.

“Greg has agreed to look after her until you’re out,” Leia answered softly.

“Tell him thanks for me,” I remained silent for a minute. I began to wonder if this bed was capable of bending upward. I felt around with my free hand for any controls as Leia picked up a box and the bed started bending into an upright position. I felt slightly nauseated as I nodded for her to stop. “That’s good, thanks Leia.”

“Mon Mothma and Ackbar arrive in a couple of hours from now,” Leia explained causing me to freeze at the thought. They’ll recognize me right away and I would have to explain everything to them. Not looking forward to this. “I have to meet with Captison soon. I really need to go. Just rest and I’ll check on you later.”

“I love you,” I said with a smile. “Just remember that.”

“I love you and I will fight on your behalf for a second chance,” Leia returned in kind as she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. “I have to go,” she straightened up and walked out the door as Fress, Brice, and Jess walked in with Dev.

“This setting seems familiar, doesn’t it, Anakin?” Fress teased as she walked up beside my bed. “Always in the med ward for some serious injury.”

I smiled at the teasing then frowned. “Jess, are you angry with me due to having to give up Brice? That’s the part I could not figure out.”

Jess nodded as he placed a hand onto Brice’s shoulder and glanced at Dev. He turned his attention back to me. “Yes it was one aspect. The other aspect is destroying the temple. My younger brother was in the council chambers and you killed him.”

I felt my heart attempt to stop beating as I felt shock wash through me. I killed Jess’s younger brother? I took a couple of deep breaths and slowly released them as Jess watched me with a serious expression. No wonder he was angry with me. I suddenly realized he was waiting for a response from me and I had become way too silent. “I’m sorry Jess. I didn’t realize…. I’m asking for your forgiveness but I’m not expecting it.”

Jess smiled for the first time since we reunited on Bakura. “You protected my son and brought him back to us. Thank you for keeping my son safe. In time I will be able to forgive you. Just not now.”

I nodded in understanding as Fress placed a hand on my shoulder. “We decided to adopt Dev. Brice and Dev seem close like brothers.”

“I’m happy to hear that,” I gave a genuine smile. “I’m happy for all of you.”

“Thanks Ani,” Fress leaned over the bed and hugged me as I returned the hug. “I plan to talk on your behalf and help Leia get a pardon for you.”

“Thank you,” I closed my eyes as Fress straightened up. I suddenly felt tired and in need of a nap.

“Get some rest, Anakin,” Fress whispered gently. “I’ll come back later to check on you.”

I closed my eyes allowing sleep to claim me once again. At least everything had calmed down and I could finally rest.
    -----------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    touching update with Jess. Anakin is getting more friends

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update. Anakin killed Jess' brother but helped save his son. That must be a conflict of emotions.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad about the adoption and Jess' reaction - very understandable. Looking forward to the various meetings and explanations to come. ;)

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I opened my eyes looking up at the ceiling again. I shook my head slightly as I felt a slight aching compared to the pain I felt earlier. That gave me some hope I wouldn’t be in here for more than a couple of days at most. I turned my head to the side of the bed and noticed I had two visitors who were watching me with intense interest. I felt panic grip me, which I wasn’t used to feeling. A few weeks ago I would’ve accepted the death penalty without question but I had my children back in my life and I wasn’t ready to die a second time.

“General Skywalker,” Mon Mothma questioned with a raised brow as if she had trouble believing it. “Everyone is under the impression you’re dead.”

“From a certain point of view I was,” I answered taking this from a point Obi-Wan like to take the point of view from. “Due to my choices my children carry a heavy burden.”

“Vader,” Mon said as her eyes widened in surprise. “Leia looks like Padme.”

“Padme and I married at the beginning of the Clone Wars,” I answered honestly. “And she lived long enough to deliver the twins,” I paused for a second and shook my head lightly as nausea washed over me again. And here I thought I was getting better. “I miss her so much. I look at Luke and Leia and see so much of Padme in them as well as myself. I missed so much because of my past choices.”

“Leia is very much her mother through and through,” Mon agreed with a subtitle smile. Mon and Padme were friends to an extent. She must’ve seen all of Padme’s quirks in Leia. “Are you ready to work with Admiral Ackbar to help bring an end to the war?”

I gave a short nod as I felt the panic subside at Mon’s words. “I’m ready to help clean up my mess,” I answered in a calm tone. “Please don’t take anything out on the twins, they didn’t know I was their father up until recently.”

“We could never do that, Anakin. That’s not what the Alliance is about,” Mon explained gently. “Luke and Leia have proven which side they are on and have never compromised us once. They didn’t choose their parents.”

I smiled at what Mon just said. She was right, Luke and Leia didn’t choose us as parents. We made them. “Thanks. Bail did a good job with Leia. He raised her the way Padme would’ve raised Leia and Owen and Beru did a wonderful job with Luke.”

Mon’s smile brightened at my words. “I’m sure Bail would appreciate hearing that,” she glanced at Ackbar as they both nodded in agreement about something then turned her attention back to me. “I also know you’re back to being Anakin Skywalker again with your answers. When you’re strong enough, I want you and Ackbar to work together immediately. You remember him don’t you?”

“Yes I do,” I looked at Ackbar with a slight smile. “Good to see you again, Captain.”

“Good to see you again, General,” Ackbar returned in kind.

“What’s going to happen to me?” I finally brought up the question that has been on my mind since Luke transferred my memories to the clone.

“Leia has requested a pardon on your behalf for information on the Empire,” Mon answered with a frown. “I’m wording it so no one can find loop holes to use it against you later. Everyone but senator Fey’lya has agreed to sign it. You will find salvation in Padme’s memory. This also means you will be held accountable for any new crimes. I have a feeling we can put your past behind us.”

“Yes,” I closed my eyes allowing what Mon Mothma just said sink in. She was allowing me a second chance in life and that I will be forever grateful to her. “Thank you.”

Before another word was spoken the doctor that has been attending me wondered in with a bright smile on his face. “Anakin, looks like the fracture is healing nicely. You’ll feel nauseated for the next couple of days but that will fade over the next week. How are you feeling?”

“A little nauseated but otherwise fine,” I answered honestly. “As long as I don’t move too fast. When do I get out of here?”

“We’re going to discharge you in the morning, but I want you on bed rest for the rest of the week. You can slowly begin to get back to normal in say five days from now. Until then no stress.”

“Greg is going to have a field day with this one,” I grumbled under my breath. Five days of bed rest is not something I planned to do. I still had the ship to search thoroughly to make sure all the souls onboard were released. I watched as Luke and Fress walked in with relieved smiles.

“Leia told me you finally woke up,” Luke commented with a worried expression as he walked to the other side of the bed. “Fress and I have talked it over, and with Jess and Ahsoka’s help we plan to go over the one war ship to make sure there are no souls left onboard. You don’t have to worry about doing anything right now.”

I glared at the doctor who was busy going over my chart. “You told my children before you told me?”

“They wanted to know,” the medic answered honestly. “You need rest and no stress, that was a pretty nasty bump to the head you took.”

“You were out cold for a day and a half, Anakin,” Fress explained softly. “And we’re all worried about you. You need to rest. We have everything covered.”

“Thanks Fress. How is Brice settling in?” I questioned with a curious expression.

“He’s still in shock, he’s slowly coming around. It’ll take him some time to heal from everything that’s happened to him,” Fress answered easily. “Thank you for keeping him safe.”

“Glad to hear it,” I glanced at the door as Greg walked in with a big grin on his face. “You’re going to strap me to the bed again, aren’t you?” I questioned as Greg shook his head as Kay walked in behind him and ran to the bed. She leaned over and hugged me. “Are you making as much trouble for Greg as possible?”

“I can do that?” Kay questioned with a small grin as Greg raised an eyebrow.

“She’s been a doll and has been helping out with the chores around the house,” Greg explained as the medic handed him my chart. He looked over the chart then looked at me with a frown. “How did this happen?”

”I was in Nereous’s office and he had someone walk up behind me and hit me right in the back of the head,” I answered with a frown.

“I’m going to follow Medic Carter’s advice and you will be resting for at least 18 hours a day. You can choose where to rest but I want you resting regardless. No stress and I will continue to look after Kay for you,” Greg explained in a professional tone. “I’ve already discussed this with Luke and Leia and they have agreed to keep you on bed rest.”

“They have, have they,” I glanced at Luke who couldn’t meet me in the eye and gave a short nod of confirmation. “Are you that worried about me?”

Luke nodded as he walked to my bedside and reached for my hand. “We all are, father. Just let us younger ones handle things until you’re better. We don’t want you to overexert yourself.”

“All right, you win and I lost,” I tugged Luke down into my arms and hugged him. “I love you, son. Good luck with the war ship.”

“Don’t worry, dad,” Luke muttered under his breath. “We got it covered. You just get your strength back. I know what to look for through the Force. “

“That’s my boy,” I whispered into his ear causing a wide grin to split his lips. Luke straightened up then he left with Fress. Kay sat down in the chair beside the bed as I reached for her hand. “How are you doing? Are you okay?”

Kay nodded with a frown. “I miss my parents, Anakin,” tears welled up in her eyes. “And I’m scared I’m going to lose you too.”

“You won’t lose me,” I reassured with a smile and realized that staying in bed would ease her fears. “I’ll stay in bed and do what the doctors tell me, will that help ease your fear?” I questioned gently as she nodded. “Good, just watch you don’t fear too much. It will lead to the dark side and trust me, you don’t want to go there,” Kay nodded as I pushed a button allowing me to be in a sitting position. I patted the bedside allowing Kay to lie down beside me. She laid her head down against my chest as I wrapped an arm around her small frame. She instantly fell asleep on me. I glanced at Greg with a raised brow. “Did she sleep well at all in the last couple of days?”

Greg shook his head no. “She hasn’t slept well since the news reached us that you were taken aboard the enemy cruiser.”

Poor kid had been through so much in the past few weeks. I glanced at her then at the cast her arm was in. I guess there are certain chores she could do that didn’t require two hands. Dish washing wasn’t one of them though. I closed my eyes feeling peace wash over me for the first time in a long time. I glanced at the resident medic. “Would you mind if she slept here tonight? Find a cot she can rest on?”

“I’ll see what I can do,” Carter answered as he walked out of the room.

I turned my attention to Mon Mothma as she watched in silence then she smiled at the sight. “Kay was on the run before Fress and Ahsoka found her. We had Greg attend her injuries. She’s been through so much in the past couple of weeks. Nereus killed her family making it difficult to go somewhere safe. It’s because she is Force sensitive. I’ve asked her to be my padawan learner. Fress and Jess will help train Dev and Brice. And we’ll all pitch in with different aspects of training.”

“How do Luke and Leia feel about you taking on Kay?” Mon questioned in curiosity.

“They both agreed it would do me some good,” I answered with a small smile. “Leia is still a little angry with me but we’re working on it. It’s going to take time for everything to heal,” I was silent for a minute as a question rushed through my mind. In the end, I was still the one to kill Palpatine. What would’ve happened if I killed him all those years ago that would’ve avoided this war? I was better off not asking. I had a feeling I would’ve been executed for treason. It was best not to dwell on the past too much. “I made up some disks ahead of time. They are back at the cottage. Why don’t you stop by sometime in the afternoon and I can get them to you?”

“That would be acceptable,” Ackbar agreed as his eyes swivelled to focus on me. “The sooner the better. When Greg says its okay, we’ll begin to work together on ending this war.”

“It’s a deal, Admiral,” I noticed my eyes were beginning to feel heavy and I suspect it was from the meds. I fought to keep from dozing off on them but sometimes the body will win out when it wants to. Kay was fast asleep against me and I was getting ready to join her.

“You look tired, we’ll leave and come back when you’re more up to discussing things,” Mon said with a slight smile as I nodded with a grateful smile. Mon Mothma and Ackbar walked out of the room as I lost the battle to stay awake and fell asleep.
    ----------------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Mon and Ackbar are great, forgiving him and giving a second chance.
    Like the discucssion about the bedrest.
    He is still impatient;)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL an impatient inpatient [face_laugh]

Sweet with Kay and Luke.

Mothma and Ackbar are definitely being conciliatory. :)

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    * is quickly online

Wonderful that you mentioned the friendship of Padmé and Mon. I also love your Anakin being very insightful & reflective without too much regret & bitterness.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I slowly sat up from the bed as Kay watched me with concern. I gave her an I’m fine smile but she didn’t look like she was buying it by the look of disbelief on her features. I felt a little dizzy but not quite as bad as yesterday. I hope that meant I was finally on the mend a little. I stood up and slid into the hover chair the nurse had brought in. I was getting discharged this morning only because I had a personal medic. Otherwise I had a feeling I would’ve been in here for the next five days. Greg was finalizing my release and was discussing things over with the medic who had taken on my case. It made me wonder what kind of damage had been done if they were forcing me to rest.

“Are you okay?” Kay questioned in a concerned quiet tone as the nurse began to push my chair out of the room.

“I’m feeling better then yesterday,” I answered truthfully. Kay gave a slight smile. “How did you sleep last night?”

“Good,” Kay answered as she walked beside the chair as I noticed Luke and Leia were waiting just outside the medward with a speeder. Kay climbed into the speeder as I stood up from the hover chair and walked to the speeder and climbed in after her.

Luke lifted the speeder off the black top and headed back to the cottage. “Where’s Greg?”

“He had a few things to finish up there and took a separate speeder. He’ll meet us back at the cottage,” Luke explained patiently as I leaned my head back.

“Sounds good to me,” I was silent for a minute. “What kind of damage had been done? Everyone is hovering over me like I’m a china doll…”

“They’re confused on something,” Luke answered with a serious expression. “They say the skull looked like there was a bit of a partial split.”

Shab, I cursed under my breath. “I was in a healing trance repairing the worst of the damage.”

“That explains it,” Luke said with a sad shake of his head. “If you hadn’t done that, you wouldn’t have survived. The brain was slightly swollen that’s why you passed out for a few days. They don’t seem to think your memory should’ve been affected too much.”

“Let’s hope not, if I’m to help end this war,” I muttered under my breath as I felt the speeder come to a stop. I opened my eyes and noticed we were at the cottage. A few speeders were on the lawn. I slid out of the speeder and stood up and headed to the front door. I didn’t sense any warning. Fress walked out onto the porch and smiled and waved.

“Mon and Ackbar came early,” Fress explained as she met me at the top of the stairs.

“It’s fine,” I gave a smile as Fress and I hugged. I pulled back and headed into the cottage and noticed the chair was free. I sat down as Skeeter jumped into my lap, he bumped my chin then curled up on my lap. “It’s good to see you too, Skeeter,” I petted the Pitton causing him to start purring. “Fress.”

“Yes Ani?” Fress questioned as she stopped walking.

“There are two disks in my bedroom, on the nightstand second drawer there is a safe. Can you bring that to me?” I questioned as my head began to swarm a little. Must not over do it.

“Sure,” Fress disappeared into the bedroom then returned with the small safe a minute later. “Is this it?”

”Yes, thank you,” I placed my thumb on the lock. The door swung open as I reached in and took out the disks. I levitated them to Ackbar’s outstretched fin. “There is a lot of information on these two disks, but it should be enough to end this war in two years.”

”Thank you, Anakin, it is a good start,” Mon Mothma said with a genuine smile.

“I don’t know how much you know how serious my head injury was….” I paused for a second and shook my head as nausea swept over me.

”They’re treating you with caution,” Mon observed with a frown. “I’m under the impression they’re not sure if you’re memory has been affected yet and you’re unsure if you can remember everything. Remember to the best of your ability, it’s all we can ask of you.”

I leaned my head back taking a few deep breaths and slowly released them. I gripped the chair’s arms as it continued to get worse. I didn’t know how much more of this I could take and I was close to asking Greg to sedate me so I could sleep through the worst of it.

“Someone get Greg, quick,” I heard Mon call out as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Relax father and slowly take deep breaths,” Leia’s voice instructed me in a gentle tone. “The nausea will slowly pass. When you’re ready to move, we should get you into bed.”

“I just want Greg to sedate me, so I can sleep through this,” I explained as the nausea slowly subsided. I opened my eyes and looked up at Leia who was hovering over me with concern in her eyes.

Greg ran into the room and stepped towards me with a serious expression. “Anakin, you should go and lay down and if you want I can give you something to help you rest?”

I nodded as Luke and Han stood on either side of me as I stood up and Skeeter jumped off and looked up at me. I suddenly felt light headed and a little dizzy. How hard did that lizard hit me? I feel like someone attempted to run me over with a speeder. I gave an apologetic smile to Mon Mothma and Ackbar. “I think it’s best if I laid down for a while. Make yourselves at home if you want.”

Mon nodded with an understanding smile as I headed to the bedroom with Han and Luke hovering close by. I couldn’t wait until they stopped treating me like a china doll. I wasn’t sure how much more hovering I could take but decided to put up with it for now.
    --------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the disks are safely handed over with useful info. Hopefully the recovery can proceed uneventfully. :D

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope he will be alright . That was a very serious injury.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I also hope that he will recover soon! [face_nail_biting]

Falcon likes this.
  21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I opened my eyes and glanced at the chrono noting it was past midnight local time. I sighed as I sat up slowly but didn’t feel quite as bad as I did a few days ago. I was slowly recuperating but was still feeling a little woozy. I walked out of the bedroom and headed towards the kitchen. Leia was fast asleep on top of the table as I walked to her side and gently nudged her until she woke up with a start. “Leia, is something wrong?”

“No, I’m fine,” Leia answered honestly as she glanced at me with a frown. “Why are you up?”

“Too much rest and not enough movement,” I answered as I sat down in the chair beside her. “Why are you sleeping on the table?”

“It’s my turn for the shift in case you needed something,” Leia answered with a slight grimace. “I guess I fell asleep.”

“Why don’t you go and lay down on the couch? It’ll be more comfortable then the table. I’m fine enough to do things on my own again,” I explained with patience in my tone. “Would you like a warm cup of tea?”

“I would love one,” Leia gave a genuine smile.

I stood up and filled the kettle and placed it on the heating unit. I grabbed two cups and placed them on the table. I grabbed the sugar and milk and the tea bags and placed them on the table. I sat down as I waited for the water to boil. “In a few days Greg has agreed to allow me to work with Ackbar.”

“That’s good to hear,” Leia stood up as the kettle whistled. “The sooner we end the war the better. Ackbar has people working on the information you gave and he says it should be enough to end the war.”

“That’s good to hear,” I placed the tea bag in the cup as Leia poured water. “Leia, I told this to Han but I’m not sure if I told this to you or not. Han’s the one sweetheart, the bond between you and Han in the Force is unmistakable. Fress informed me it’s been there the day you two crossed paths.”

Leia put her teacup down and gave a slight smile. “Han told me you and him talked about things. You approve? I thought you wouldn’t.”

“I’m not about to chase away a man who worships the ground you walk on, sweetheart,” I grinned at her then relaxed my facial features. “He helped you and Luke quite a bit over the past three years. He’s a good man. He is definitely worth hanging onto.”

“If you approve then that makes Han boring?” Leia teased as she sipped her tea.

“Somehow I doubt that,” I sipped my tea as Leia smirked. “Han is cute, maybe he will be willing to swing the other way?”

Leia made a sour face nearly choking on her tea. “Please, the day Han turns gay is the day Hoth warms over.”

I frowned pretending to look disappointed. “Maybe he would consider hitting on you then start dating me. You know a father daughter trio?”

“How did Padme ever put up with you is a mystery in itself,” Leia commented with a smirk.

“You are her daughter after all, the same way you put up with Han,” I retorted with a teasing grin.

Leia choked on her tea as she gave me a disbelief expression. “Really?”

“Really. I did get jealous and jerked a ship around when she was pretending to light an old flame with her ex, forced him to strap in,” I explained with a slight smirk. To this day I don’t regret stopping the low life from kissing my wife. “He was close to kissing her while I was flying. I rigged the back with a holo recorder to keep an eye on him and before lift off I deliberately broke a harness on one of the seats. Your mother knew I did it on purpose, I ignored the glare she shot me.”

Leia shook her head sadly. “Han does get jealous. I know he’ll be a handful…”

“All joking aside, if you decide to marry Han, I would gladly call him my son-in-law,” I said with a smile as Leia smiled back. “He is a good man.”

“We’ll see,” Leia continued to sip her tea. “It is nice to know you like him. It does make it easier when we decide to start having family dinners.”

I smiled as I continued to drink the rest of the tea. I looked forward to sitting down with my children for a dinner where it was just the three of us. I finished drinking my cup of tea and poured another cup of water. There was silence, but it was a comfortable silence. I was happy to just spend time with Leia.
    ---------------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon -- thanks loads and loads for this wonderful glimpse into the healing and drawing closer process. [face_love] And the teasing [face_rofl] Nice to have that in the mix too. [:D]

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the teasing between father and daughter in this post

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Somehow I doubt that,” I sipped my tea as Leia smirked. “Han is cute, maybe he will be willing to swing the other way?”

[face_hypnotized] 8-} [face_rofl]

HE really said THAT! Wow! Your Ani is very sarcastic.

@};-

Falcon likes this.
  25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat at a computer terminal logging into my files on Coruscant. I suspected I knew why Fey’lya refused to sign. He would rather see my execution through to prevent the Bothan’s dark secret from coming to light. The last thing this galaxy needed was another civil war in the middle of a civil war. It would bring the galaxy’s fists down the Bothan’s throats. I shook my head sadly as I made a copy of the list and destroyed the original on my old computer. I trusted Fey’lya would help take care of this quickly and quietly.

I wasn’t doing this to get his signature. I was doing this because it was the right thing to do. The Caasami was a peaceful species and what the Empire did only helped the Rebellion strengthen it’s cause. I placed the disk on my desk and leaned my head back in the chair and closed my eyes. I asked Fey’lya to stop by if he wasn’t too busy as we had something important to discuss.

I heard the doorbell ring as I heard Leia shout out she was getting it. I straightened up in the chair and placed my hand on the disk. I had a copy on my current data pad and planned to destroy it as soon as I knew the individuals had been brought to justice. I heard a knock on the door.

“Senator Fey’lya is here to see you,” Leia called through the door.

“Show him in, Leia,” I answered as the door opened. The Bothan walked in as I gestured to a chair in front of my desk. “Thank you, Leia. We need some privacy,” Leia gave a short nod as she walked out of the room and shut the door behind her as I turned my attention to Fey’lya and handed him the disk. “I believe you know what to do with this. It’s a list of names of all the individuals involved.”

“You didn’t tell anyone?” Fey’lya questioned as he slipped the disk into a data pad he brought with him and scanned over the names and nodded. “I had a feeling this is what you asked me to come see you about.”

“I trust you will make sure this gets into the right hands?” I questioned with a raised brow.

“I will make sure the Bothan government knows about this list and we will bring the individuals to justice,” Fey’lya answered as his fur bristled. “I suppose you expect me to sign the petition?”

“Not at all,” I answered knowing this very question crossed his mind. “It’s the right thing to do. I made a promise to help set things right. And I will abide by that promise. It’s what Padme would’ve wanted.”

“I’ve heard the name before,” Fey’lya commented with a serious expression. “Mothma refused to tell me how she played a role in the past. She told me you would explain her role.”

I sat back and closed my eyes as I thought about my wife and best friend. I opened my eyes. “She was the Queen of Naboo at age fourteen and served as Senator for several years after that. She was one of the first to suspect that Palpatine was behind the war, she and a few others had begun to talk about the Rebellion just before Palpatine announced his Empire. She was a threat to Palpatine’s position and he knew it. Several people have tried to kill her. She could convince thousands of senators with just a few choice words.”

“What was she to you, General?” Fey’lya questioned as he watched me carefully.

“And what business is it of yours?” I questioned with a raised brow.

“Was she your wife?” Fey’lya questioned with certainty causing me to frown. “Did you kill her when she refused to share your narrow pointed views?” I gripped the arms of my chair attempting to keep my anger under control. He was trying to get to me and just about to succeed. I refuse to give into his baiting. “I see I hit a nerve, General.”

“You have the information, please leave,” I grunted as the door swung open and Fress walked in and eyed me with concern. “Fress, escort the senator out.”

Fress didn’t say a word as Fey’lya stood up and turned to leave but paused in midst ride. “I’ll sign the petition, my people owe you a small debt of gratitude, it’s the least we can do to thank you.”

Fress shook her head sadly as she showed Fey’lya out as Leia entered. She scrunched up her face as I attempted to relax my features, I still felt pretty angry and it was evident on my face. “What did he say to you to make you this angry?”

“Started stomping on my nerves,” I answered honestly as I sat down in the chair and leaned my head back closing my eyes as I breathed in and out. “He asked me if I killed my wife when she refused to share my narrow pointed views. He better watch himself or he will end up with a new hair cut and dye job.”

“You wouldn’t, would you?” Leia questioned and she sounded unsure of what my answer would be. “Father, just let him be.”

“Fress and I used to pull pranks like that all the time, Leia,” I answered with a smug grin. “It would be like old times.”

“I’ll get the shaver and dyes,” Fress announced as she re-entered the room. “I’m almost afraid to ask what he said to you, Ani, you were like a hot super nova in the Force with anger.”

“You will do no such thing,” Leia finalized in a tone that left no room for argument.

“Well you’re no fun,” I teased as Fress sat down in the other chair beside Leia. “All work and no play make Anakin a dull boy.”

“You can have fun, just leave him alone. If you want, you can give Han a makeover,” Leia suggested with a small smile.

I turned my attention to Fress as she showed me purple and orange hair colors in her hand causing me to smirk. “Nice choice, Fress. Don’t forget the pink bow and black dress.”

“Not a bad idea,” Fress said with a slight smirk as Leia raised an eyebrow looking from Fress to me then back to Fress again.

“I suddenly have a bad feeling about this,” Leia muttered under her breath as if she were regretting her suggestion.

“You have nothing to worry about, Leia,” I reassured with a small smile. I glanced at Fress as she gave off a smug grin. It was so on tonight. Time to invite Han over for a sleep over.
    ----------------------
    Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.