main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A secret Ally Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] Fress and Anakin really need to stop 8-} [face_mischief] Fey'lya stays on my last nerve, so I can totally relate to Anakin's annoyance. :rolleyes:

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun update with Fress and Anakin. They should give the annoying Bothan a hair-make-over

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And then post it on the 'Net. [face_laugh]

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_thinking]

[face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I sat back and closed my eyes as I thought about my wife and best friend. I opened my eyes. “She was the Queen of Naboo at age fourteen and served as Senator for several years after that. She was one of the first to suspect that Palpatine was behind the war, she and a few others had begun to talk about the Rebellion just before Palpatine announced his Empire. She was a threat to Palpatine’s position and he knew it. Several people have tried to kill her. She could convince thousands of senators with just a few choice words.”

“What was she to you, General?” Fey’lya questioned as he watched me carefully.

“And what business is it of yours?” I questioned with a raised brow.

“Was she your wife?” Fey’lya questioned with certainty causing me to frown. “Did you kill her when she refused to share your narrow pointed views?” I gripped the arms of my chair attempting to keep my anger under control. He was trying to get to me and just about to succeed. I refuse to give into his baiting. “I see I hit a nerve, General.”

I never liked THAT guy. Now I like him even less. [face_frustrated]

Anyway, Leia and Fress are great! Ani has family around him that keep him on the right path.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I got an idea on where to take the next post from thinking over what Nyota and earlybird's posts :D

enjoy :D

I glanced up from my desk as Fress walked in with Han in tow. I smirked as he sat down on the chair as Fress closed the door behind her. He looked extremely nervous, it was late at night and I still have yet to tell Han why he was here. You’re probably wondering why I asked you here tonight?”

”The thought crossed my mind,” Han answered honestly.

“Fress, do you have everything ready to go?” I questioned as I continued to keep Han’s gaze. I sensed he was a little on edge as Fress nodded with a smirk. “And his location?”

“Fey’lya is still on planet at the Harlton hotel,” Fress answered as she lifted a bag onto my desk. “Shavers, dye, black dress, a pink bow, ID changers, gloves and over ride codes to his room.”

“Perfect, I knew you wouldn’t miss anything,” I grinned as Han raised a questioning eyebrow. “We’re initiating you in as a Skywalker tonight. We’re going to give Fey’lya a new hair due.”

Han perked up with an interested yet curious expression. “And would Leia approve?”

”Can we trust you or not?” I questioned with a stern expression. “Of course she doesn’t approve. That hasn’t stopped us in the past before.”

“What’s the alternative?” Han questioned with a curious expression.

“We give you the hair and dye job,” I answered with a smug grin.

“Off to the hotel we go,” Han shook his head sadly with a frown.

“If Leia gets angry and she most likely will, you can blame it on me, and say I twisted your arm into doing this.” I offered with a smug grin. “With my past, it won’t be hard to believe.”

“Thanks dad,” Han gave a smug grin causing me to frown. “And maybe one day, Leia and I can give you grand kids.”

“I know you will, just not now. But later, right?” I questioned with a serious expression.

”Later,” Han agreed easily as I breathed a sigh of relief. “Shall we get going?”

Both nodded as we headed out the door.
    ----------------
    Fress and I worked our way to the back of the hotel as Han walked into the front and registered a fake name, the ID changer would change his looks so no one would recognize him if they decided to check the security footage later. I gave Han permission to blame me if Leia got too angry over this. I signalled Fress to climb up to the room Han commed to us a minute later. Han planned to meet us in the room. To avoid any further suspicion Fress and I felt it was best to sneak in the back way avoiding all holo cams at all costs. According to the files I hacked earlier Fey’lya was in five o six and we got a room on the third floor.

We found the fire escape ladder and began to climb up to where Han was already waiting for us. I grinned this was going to be like old times. Fress and I finished our climb as we walked into the room and sorted through the bag we brought with us. Fress used the, I’m getting old and you have a younger body then me to get out of having to carry the bag. I rolled my eyes because she was ten years younger than me. I carried the bag anyways. I suspect its revenge for me making her carry the explosives during the Clone Wars.

I glanced at the chrono on the night table noting it was just past one in the morning local time. As long as Fey’lya was asleep, this should go smoothly. I glanced at Fress as she pulled out everything. “We should check to see if the target is asleep first,” I suggested with a small smile.

Han handed over the ID changer to me as I activated it and turned around. “How do I look?”

“Disturbing,” Fress answered with a smirk. “You’ve gotten ugly in your old age, Sky Guy.”

I rolled my eyes at the apparent teasing and walked out of the room and headed towards the turbo lift. As I stepped onto the fifth floor and worked my way down to the room. I glanced around to make sure no one was watching me. I leaned against the door and listened silently as I heard no noise except the soft purr of snoring. Perfect. I signalled Fress and Han that this would be the time to move as I began to silently work on the lock by using an over ride code.

Two minutes later Han and Fress joined me as I opened the door. We silently entered the room as I stretched out with the Force and induced Fey’lya into a deeper sleep. Fress and I set to work with the shavers and dye as Han fixed holo cams in the refresher to capture Fey’lya’s reaction.

Fifteen minutes later it was all done, we picked up everything and wiped our fingerprints clean off of the doorknobs and left the room. We retraced our steps back to the room we rented and waited till morning came.
    ------------------------------------
    A shrill woke me up from a deep sleep. I opened my eyes and noted I had fallen asleep on the bed, Fress was on the other bed and Han had slept on the couch. I heard another angry scream causing me to smirk as I stood up and rushed to the holo recorder. Fey’lya looked like a prissy female in the black dress, with a pink bow that was mixed with a poodle like cut. Little orange colored ringlets of fur around the wrists and feet complimented the pink bow in his fur.

Fey’lya took the dress off and let out another shrill shriek of shock. His entire body was colored purple with the Naboo symbol in the middle of his chest was bright orange. “Fress, did you have to do the whole body?”

“It’s my finest piece yet,” Fress answered with a wide grin as Han walked over and let out a nervous chuckle. “We should leave and come back later when the heat’s died down a bit.”

We quickly packed up, cleaned up fingerprints and climbed down the fire escape while wearing gloves. The speeder was not too far away as we made a mad dash and jumped in. I quickly lifted the speeder off the ground and made a beeline back to the cottage as sirens could be heard off in the distance.
    ----------------------
    Two hours later Leia entered the cottage with her arms crossed over her chest, if looks could kill we all would be dead from where we stood. “Is something wrong, Leia?” I questioned in an innocent tone.

“Here I was under the impression Han was going to be your target and I told you to leave Fey’lya alone?” Leia questioned with venom dripping in her tone.

“We changed our minds,” I answered easily in my most honest tone. Leia didn’t look like she was buying it. “What happened to Fey’lya?”

Leia chewed on her lower lip with a serious expression. “You seriously don’t know?”

“Know what?” Han questioned as he walked out in his usual garb. “I talked Anakin and Fress out of coloring my hair. Had to beg and do tricks to get them to change their minds.”

“Here’s the holo recording,” I explained as I handed the recording over. Leia watched it as it showed Han down on his knees, hands up in the air and panting like a dog. He said I love Leia in a dog’s voice causing her to smile.

“Fey’lya has asked for Fress and you to lead the investigation,” Leia explained as she tried searching the rest of the holo. I knew she wasn’t completely convinced but there was nothing else on that holo cube except a few holo’s of Padme and me.

“Fress, shall we go?” I questioned as Jess walked in with a serious expression.

“We shall,” Fress agreed as she walked to Jess. Kissed him on the lips and ran out the door as I quickly followed her out. We may or may not get out of this where Leia was concerned. She was already suspicious that it was us. Time would only tell, either that or this was a trick so she could search the cottage for the proof. We already dealt with the evidence and the holo recording was locked up in Fress’s fighter.
    ----------------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] This update is hazardous to all who are drinking a beverage and reading at the same time. Thank goodness I wasn't at the moment - oh priceless priceless mental image [face_love]

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ha! Nice update!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    hilarious update[face_laugh] LOL a colored bothan

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I followed Fress into the hotel as Feyla looked up dressed in complete outfit to cover up the worst of the coloring. It took all of my will power not to start laughing. Instead I frowned as Fress walked beside me. I glanced at her. We agreed to clean up any missed evidence against us including the live feeds we left last night. Hopefully they haven’t found them yet. “Seems like old times, doesn’t it, Padawan?”

“It sure does, master,” Fress answered with a slight smirk. She forced herself to frown as we walked up to Fey’lya.

“Leia told me you wanted to see us?” I questioned in a calm tone.

“I’m under the impression from Mon Mothma you and your former padawan were one of the best teams during the Clone Wars,” Fey’lya commented with a frown. “I want you to lead the investigation to see who would color my body.”

“Do you have any enemies that may attempt this from a humorous point of view?” I questioned with a serious tone.

“No and I don’t recognize the symbol,” Fey’lya answered as showed me a holo of his chest. He was watching me with intense interest causing me to nod as I showed Fress.

“I see,” I glanced at her with a frown as she raised an eyebrow. “I haven’t seen that symbol since the Clone Wars. It’s the Naboo’s crest.”

“I see, isn’t that where your wife is from?” Fey’lya questioned with a suspicious frown.

“I’m not the pranking type, Senator, it’s not in my character,” I explained testily causing Fey’lya to back off from that line of questioning as Fress slipped away to retrieve the live feeds. I glanced to the side as a couple of Rebel personal walked up to me. “What are your names?”

“Wedge Antillies, in command of Rogue Squadron,” Wedge answered in an uneasy tone. “This is my second in command, Tycho. What are your orders, General?”

“Review the security footage and dust for finger prints,” I answered in a crisp tone as Luke walked up behind Wedge and Tycho. “Hello son. I missed you at breakfast.”

“Wedge, Tycho this is my father. Anakin Skywalker,” Luke introduced with a weary smile. “Also known as Darth Vader.”

Wedge’s jaw dropped in shock as he looked at Luke then back at me. “Wow, I didn’t see that one coming. Why do you look so young?”

“Clone body of my old one, transferred the memories,” I answered as I glanced at Luke who had a slightly guilty look on his face. “Luke transferred the memories even though I told him to leave me to die. I don’t regret him doing that now. It’s given me time to know the twins better.”

“Twins?” Wedge questioned as I cursed silently under my breath. “Luke, you have a sister?”

“It’s Leia,” Luke answered with a slight blush to his cheeks. I wondered if Luke bagged about getting kissed by the princess of Alderaan. Wedge didn’t disappoint as he started chuckling.

“Did you brag about kissing Leia?” I questioned in a teasing tone causing Tycho to start chuckling as Luke’s face turned beet red.

“Thanks for spelling it out, dad.” Luke had sarcasm in his tone as Fress walked back out and quickly patted the side of her pocket to indicate she had the live feeds.

“Let’s get this investigation underway,” I said as we headed towards the room Fey’lya was in. We planned to do the whole nine yards, if we didn’t miss anything in cleaning up the evidence that would point back to us, it should go smoothly allowing us to get away with it.
    ------------------------------------
    Fey’lya gave a frustrated sigh as he glanced at Wedge who nodded in agreement to our fake assessment. “I agree Councilor Fey’lya, whoever it is, didn’t want to be caught,” Wedge explained.

“I see,” Fey’lya stared hard at Fress and I as suspicion clouded his eyes that we were behind it or he didn’t believe our report. Fress and I were pretty thorough. “Just a harmless prank? How do you know that for sure?”

“If it was anything but, they would’ve made it clear that it was a threat,” I explained in a serious tone. “There were plenty of attempts on my wife’s life by others who she stopped in her time. If it was a threat you wouldn’t be alive.”

“I’ll drop it for now,” Fey’lya stormed off as Fress and I exchanged a small smirk just as Mon Mothma walked in. She looked from me to Fress then shook her head. I looked at Padme’s old time friend as she made a gesture to one of the hotel offices.

I sat down in a chair as Fress settled in beside me as Mon closed the door then sat down on the other side of the desk. “I seem to recall you and Fress used to pull pranks during the Clone Wars,” she paused for a second as Fress gave a blank look and shook her head.

“I have no clue what you’re talking about,” Fress answered in a neutral tone.

“I heard rumors that you and Fress colored a bothan in a similar matter,” Mon Mothma pointed out. “You may be able to pull the wool over Fey’lya’s eyes but not mine.”

“They were rumors and nothing else,” I explained with a serious tone. “Why do you suspect it was us?” This part peaked my curiosity.

“Padme told me it was you two,” Mon Mothma answered in a gentle tone. “She said you two were so thorough in cleaning up any evidence that it was difficult to pin the prank on you. You used the Naboo crest on his chest. Not many beings know what the crest looks like these days. My question to you Anakin is what did Fey’lya say to deserve to be colored?”

I frowned and knew Mon Mothma was not buying the whole, have no clue who did it speech and had strong suspicions that Fress and I were behind the prank. I glanced at Fress as she nodded her head giving me permission. Mon Mothma was too smart to let this slip past her. “Fey’lya asked me what Padme was to me. He asked me if I killed my wife when she refused to share my narrow pointed views. When it was apparent he wouldn’t stop there I asked him to leave the cottage,” I explained with a sigh as Mon raised an eyebrow in disbelief. “I did horrible things to my family. I don’t need someone rubbing that fact in my face.”

“Why did you invite him over to the cottage?” Mon questioned with a frown as she watched me carefully. “He signed the petition after he visited your cottage.”

“It’s best left unsaid, the less people know the reason the better. The short version is some of his people were involved with a crime and I had a list of the individuals involved. The Bothan government will be dealing with these individuals.”

Mon Mothma became way too silent all of a sudden and I could just visualize her making the connections in her mind as she closed her eyes. “I see. I’m sure they will but if this backfires I want you to tell me everything. Start to finish.”

I nodded in agreement as Fress closed her eyes and let out a sigh of frustration. I had a feeling she made the connection as well. “So what happens now?”

“Nothing,” Mon answered with a small smile. “Madine rolled over laughing when he heard. We were not able to find any evidence. He’s been getting on everyone’s nerves as of late. I must warn you now. Don’t do it again.”

“Sure thing,” I agreed as Fress let out a big smirk. She did most of the work. I just helped keep the bugger in a deep sleep. Mon stood up and walked out of the room as Fress and I shared a triumph smile. We just got away with it. It was time to celebrate.
    --------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice with Fey'lya getting what he deserves. And loved the meeting with Wedge and Tycho

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! I enjoyed the innocent act as much as the original prank [face_mischief]

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the cottage as Kay rushed into my arms as I hugged her tightly to me allowing love to wash over me. This little girl needed me. I pulled back as Fress brushed past me as I sensed an irritated Leia in the living room making me wonder if she knew the truth by now. I headed further into the cottage as Leia raised an eyebrow in my direction. I had a gut feeling she knew.

“You lied to me,” Leia commented with a serious expression. “You reassured me you had nothing to do with coloring Fey’lya but Mon told me you confessed to the crime.”

Mon Mothma didn’t punish us, but I had a feeling Leia would not hesitate to do so. “Are you going to punish me?” I questioned with a raised brow. “Might I remind you that I am your father.”

“You’re unbelievable, Anakin,” Leia commented with a serious expression. “I’m not going to punish you. In fact I’m going to leave that up to Fey’lya to pick something suitable.”

“You told him?” I questioned as fear took hold. “He would rather see my death, Leia. I’m not even close ready to die a second time. Not after I finally got you and Luke back into my life,” I was beginning to feel slightly panicked as Leia smirked in my direction. Was she playing with my mind for my reactions?

Leia sat down on the couch as she watched me carefully. “I didn’t tell him. I just wanted to see what your reaction would be. I know he would’ve overreacted.”

I felt relief flood through me as I walked to the couch and sat down. I wrapped an arm around Leia as she leaned into me. “You had me going there for a minute.”

“Don’t do it again,” Leia requested gently. “I love you and I don’t want to see anything happen to you.”

“I love you, Leia,” I returned in a loving tone. “I promise,” I gently hugged Leia to me as Kay climbed up beside Leia and leaned against her. I closed my eyes knowing my life was perfect now. And nothing in this galaxy will ever change my mind.
    ---------------------
    I walked to the wall where Nereus was standing awaiting execution. Captison commed me two days ago to inform me that the verdict was in. They found Nereus guilty on all accounts and was to be executed this morning. I glanced at a guard who had a blaster on his hip as I glanced down at my lightsaber. A blaster would be more direct and humane then a lightsaber wound. I wasn't about to behead him like I did with Count Dooku. I glanced at the guard and gestured for him to hand me his blaster. The guard stepped forward and handed me his blaster. I turned my attention back to Nereus with a serious expression. I wasn't sure if I could even go through with this. I finally cooled down from the whole incident. “Any last words, Nereus?” I questioned with a serious expression. “Would you like a blind fold? Maybe I can Force choke you instead, just for fun.”

Nereus didn’t say a word as he stared me down as I lifted up the blaster. "Is this because I injured you? Looking for revenge? Will it make you sleep better at night?"

"No, but you do owe Kay an apology," I answered with a frown. "You're apart of my mess and I'm cleaning up. Not unless you're willing to help out the Alliance, then we don't have a choice. You're too dangerous to be left alive."

"I'll never join the Alliance and I don't regret killing her parents, they're Jedi scum," Nereus sneered.

"Turn around," I ordered in an irritated tone. He wasn't even sorry for what he did. "At least I can sleep at night," I raised the blaster as Nerues turned around. I aimed at the back of his head and pulled the trigger. Nereus's body hit the cement as two guards walked forward to take away the body.

I turned towards Leia and Mon as they stood nearby to watch. I handed the guard back his blaster and walked towards Leia. "I gave him a chance to jump ship. He wasn't even sorry for killing Kay's parents."

"I know," Leia agreed with a sorrowful frown. "It's all right, father. You gave him a chance and that's all Mon Mothma and I asked of you."

I gave a weary smile as Mon Mothma nodded in agreement as we turned towards the head office. Nereus was dead and no longer a threat. Kay didn't have anything to worry about anymore but studying and training to be a Jedi. Whether I was ready or not, I had a new padawan learner to train.
    --------------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Leia and Anakin together and how he handled Nereus

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ditto down the line [face_dancing] Happy feels behind this one. [:D] [:D]

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ani seems to be out of the "aggressive negotiation" modus and goes for thoughtful punishments. :D

Falcon likes this.
  17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    2 Months later

I walked down the ramp of the Falcon as Han and Leia agreed to stay inside the ship just in case things went wrong. What surprised me the most was Admiral Piett asked to talk with me personally about my recent choices, he wanted to know why I switched sides so readily. It was good to be back on the Executor once more even though I was no longer a feared individual. I had gained respect from others quickly in the Alliance. My skills as a General from the Old Republic were recognized as a valuable asset.

Admiral Piett was waiting not too far from the Falcon. I stepped in the direction of Piett as several body guards surrounded Piett. I smiled slightly knowing they still viewed me as a traitor. That was to be expected. I came to a stop as a couple of blasters were pointed at me. I didn’t react. If I did then they would’ve shot me down. “Put the blasters away, I won’t harm you. I come unarmed.”

Admiral Piett glanced at the side where my lightsaber was usually sitting on my belt. He nodded to the troopers who lowered their weapons. “Lord Vader…”

I put up a hand to stop him from speaking further. “It’s Master Skywalker. That is my true name. I no longer go by Vader.”

“Is Vader an alias?” Piett questioned with curiosity.

“No not quite,” I answered honestly. “When I gave myself to the dark side, it is custom for one to change their names as the old one no longer holds any meaning. It’s sort of like being reborn.”

“That is an interesting way to put it. Who is on the Falcon, might I ask?” Piett questioned with a serious expression.

“General Solo and my daughter, Leia Organa,” I answered with a serious expression. “My children are the reason why I left the Empire. And there is a whole list of crimes just from Palpatine alone.”

“General Solo is your son?” Piett questioned with a frown.

“No, he’s just the man who is threatening to take my baby girl away,” I answered in a slightly amused tone. “He does worship the ground she walks on. Luke Skywalker is my other child.”

“I see,” Piett let amusement show in his tone a bit. “The boyfriend then,” he paused for a second then nodded towards his office. “I would like to discuss this more in private, if you don’t mind. But I’m afraid your daughter and General Solo must stay onboard the Falcon.”

“As you wish,” I glanced behind me and waved to Han and Leia letting them know everything was fine for now. I followed Piett to his office. In half an hour I explained everything to him, Palpatine’s betrayal to the old Republic. How he manipulated both sides of the war pretending to pass along information from spies who turned out to be Count Dooku. How he manipulated Padme into calling a vote of no confidence and deliberately invading his home world to gain sympathy votes. This last part horrified Piett as he looked shocked from what I was telling him. I leaned back in my chair and diverted my eyes, I still felt guilty for how I treated my children and my wife in the end. Padme didn’t deserve what I had to done to her heart.

Piett looked mortified. I knew he was a father himself and to harm his own children like I had harmed mine was mind boggling. “Does the dark side change you that much? To the point where you hurt the ones you love the most?”

Piett’s questioned surprised me a bit as if he was beginning to understand why I was acting the way I was behaving. I gave a short nod as I sensed Leia make contact with me through the Force. I sent back reassurance I was fine, but I sensed she didn’t believe it. “It turns you into a twisted version of yourself and destroys all your beliefs and what you stand for. You think you’re doing what is right when in fact, you’re not.”

Piett gave a short nod as he sat back in his chair with a thoughtful expression on his face. “You’re betrayal to the Empire has been circulating among the crew of the Executor as of late. There was even talk about attempting to kill me and take the ship to the Alliance. I told them I would meet with you first and ask if we can join the Alliance.”

“Admiral, the Alliance could use a ship of this size and power,” I answered with a grin. “And my daughter will be pleased to hear it.”

“Excellent,” Piett hit the com on his desk. “Commander, let the crew chose to either join the Alliance or they can go home to their families.”

“Pleased to hear it, sir I’ll let them know.”

I glanced up as the door opened and Leia walked in with a concerned expression causing me to frown. “Leia, you were supposed to stay on the Falcon.”

“I know, but I sensed your distress a few minutes ago,” Leia answered as she moved to sit in the chair beside me and took my hand into hers and gave a light squeeze for reassurance. “I just wish you would let go of the guilt so we can move passed your past.”

“I know, but these things take time and I need to work out a lot and some of it I need to work out on my own, I can’t rush it,” I explained patiently. “I’ll be all right. Besides, Piett is offering the Executor and it’s crew to the Alliance. We have a lot of paper work to fill out.”

Leia looked at Piett with a bright smile. “On behalf of the Alliance, I welcome you, your ship and your crew.”

“Thank you, Princess,” Piett answered with a genuine smile. “After talking with your father, it appears that all the rumors of the Empire’s cruelty are true.”

I nodded in agreement as I wrapped an arm around my daughter. She leaned into me as I rested my head on top of hers. I gave a contented sigh as I felt some of the guilt ease a little. My children were giving me a chance to be in their lives and I didn’t plan to screw up that chance. One by one the crew entered the office pledging their services to the Alliance. It was turning into a good day.
    --
    Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A very good good day =D= Liked Piett's reasonableness, curiosity, and final decision. :)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Anakin's revelations to Piett. I like Piett joining the alliance

Falcon likes this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I walked down the ramp of the Falcon as Han and Leia agreed to stay inside the ship just in case things went wrong. What surprised me the most was Admiral Piett asked to talk with me personally about my recent choices, he wanted to know why I switched sides so readily. It was good to be back on the Executor once more even though I was no longer a feared individual. I had gained respect from others quickly in the Alliance. My skills as a General from the Old Republic were recognized as a valuable asset.

I knew already when I started reading this would be one of my favourite updates. Piett is such a gentleman and has true values. [face_love]

Falcon likes this.
  21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Six months later.
    Coruscant space
    I stood on the bridge as Admiral Ackbar gave out final instructions. It was time to take back Coruscant. Kay stood beside me as I listened to everyone checking in, including Luke, Jess, Fress, and Ahsoka who were on the ground and were going to attempt to track down Isard. If they got their hands on old Ice Heart they stood a much better chance at taking back the planet.

“General Skywalker, we’re ready to get underway,” communications officer Grey reported.

“Very good, Admiral all is accounted for and ready to go,” I reported to Ackbar as he nodded. “Rogue and Shadow Squadron, standby,” I glanced at the radar as flashes of Imperial ships entered the system and scores of TIES spewed out. “Squadron Leaders, we have incoming. The Imperials have finally woken up to what is going on.”

“Copy that, General,” Wedge answered as he ordered Rogue Squadron to take on the Ties.

“Shadow Squadron, split up half of your squad, I want half of you to stay back and protect the Executor, the other half get those TIEs off the Rogue’s back,” I smiled tightly to myself. I wasn’t expecting the Executor to jump ship and join the Alliance so readily. As soon as I talked to Piett and told him the Empire was in the wrong all this time. He didn’t hesitate to pledge himself to the Alliance. The rest of the crew was more loyal to me then to Palpatine. I had chosen my crew well as Vader.

“General, we have an incoming transmission from the planet,” Piett informed me with a frown. “It’s Isard, My Lord.”

I raised an eyebrow in Piett’s direction causing him to swallow. “What did we talk about, Admiral?”

“To call you Sky Guy,” Piett smirked causing me to frown. Ahsoka told Piett all about our little pet nick names. Ever since Piett could not resist himself on reminding me of that particular nick name.

“Try again, Admiral, I want you to trace this call to its source,” I smirked in his direction before turning my attention to the view screen and frowned deeply. “Director Isard, I order you to surrender the planet to me.”

“You’re a traitor, Lord Vader. I refuse to surrender Imperial Center to rebel scum,” Isard had an icy tone in her voice. “I don’t care who is in the wrong.”

“Very well then, I was going to offer you a chance to jump ship but it appears you’ve made up your mind,” I raised an eyebrow challenging her as she crossed her arms allowing her features drop into an ice cold stare. “Commence pressure on the Imperial blockade, the sooner we break through the better,” I stared at Isard as she raised an eyebrow and smirked. Never a good combination considering this was Ice Heart we were talking about. What was she up too?

Piett gave a thumbs up indicating the trace was successful as I watched Isard carefully. “I have no interest in the planet anymore,” Isard commented coldly. “It’s all yours for a price.”

That did not sound promising, I thought to myself as I glanced at Piett who looked confused all together. I turned my attention back to the woman on the screen. I never did like her from the beginning. “What do you mean by that, Isard?”

Isard replied with a cold smile as I felt shivers rush up my back. “You’ll see.”

“General, we’re detecting cries for help over the air waves, reports from the ground suggest several buildings have collapsed,” Grey reported in a defeated tone.

“I’m picking up massive ship readings on the ground,” another reported with a serious expression. “It’s the size of the Executor, sir.”

“General, reports indicate that a super star destroyer was raised out of the ground and is now heading towards orbit,” Grey reported in a dead tone.

Isard built a destroyer underground? In a matter of eight months? He wasn’t expecting anyone to be so careless and cold hearted. We had to get to ground level and start rescue operations. Retaking Coruscant seemed more important now than ever. “Any word from the ground team?” I questioned with a frown.

“Master Tano just reported in, they were on their way to where we traced the call. They were half a mile away when the Destroyer lifted off the ground killing people with the jet burners. Knight Skywalker, Padawan Dev, Padawan Brice, and Master Colias are fine and were not caught in the aftermath,” Grey reported in a clipped tone.

That was some relief that my son and the others were safe, but not everyone was so lucky. I could feel pain and death in the Force. We were running out of time to do this.

“General, Imperial ships have been ordered to evacuate. The first two cruisers have just left the system.”

“Master Shern has just been successful in lowering Coruscant’s shield, we may land,” Grey continued to report as I nodded my thanks.

It appeared Isard just handed the planet over, but no clue as to why. There was something not right about this and I sensed a disturbance in the Force. I glanced at Kay with a frown as she watched the events unfold around her. She was still struggling with the idea of leaving Bakura behind. I kept the cottage and promised we would return. “Padawan, what do you say to a little field training?”

“Sounds interesting,” Kay answered with a frown as I looked at Piett.

“You have the bridge, Piett. I’m going planet side.”

“Yes sir,” Piett answered as I walked off the bridge with Kay following behind me. She was quiet but absorbing everything that was going on around her. I find her mind was quiet most of the time allowing her to learn the ways of the Jedi. She was a fairly quick learner. She was also young which leaned in her favor. At some point I had planned to get Kay acquainted with the dark side in hopes she would recognize for what it was and choose the correct path of the Jedi. Learning to sense the dark side was one of the many lessons they had to eventually learn. Her training was coming along well. I was happy to have Kay in my life. We needed each other.
    ---------------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super action and mysterious motives for Director Isard but I'm glad the Alliance Forces haven't suffered many casualties. =D= Glad Kay is proving to be a good and fast learner.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Big action with baddy Isard. And liked Piett

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stepped down the shuttle’s ramp as Kay followed close behind me as Fress and Brice greeted me at the bottom. By the look on Fress’s face the news wasn’t good. I already knew several people have died due to being caught in the aftermath of Isard raising the ship out of the ground. “How many dead so far?”

“Thirty,” Fress answered as she led the way to the speeder she had waiting. “So far eight have been rescued alive. We have crews already working to clear the debris but we need more people ground side to help reach any live ones.”

I took out my comlink and called the Executer. “Put me through to Piett.”

“Yes General,” there was a moment of silence before Piett’s voice was heard.

“Piett, we need a ground crew to help with rescue efforts, we also need more dumpster speeders to help take away debris. Give the codes for my personal ones at Vader’s castle,” I commanded as I heard Piett acknowledge.

“We’ll have a crew planet side within half an hour,” Piett answered with a frown. “It will take an extra few minutes to get the dump trucks.”

“Just do it, we’re running out of time down here if we want to rescue anyone who is still alive,” I explained in a patient tone.

“Yes general,” Piett broke the transmission.

I climbed into the speeder as Kay climbed in beside me. I glanced at Fress as she lifted the speeder and headed towards the buildings that have collapsed. “I get the feeling Isard did something else besides causing a bunch of buildings to fall over.”

“Why do you say that?” Fress questioned as she pushed the speeder to it’s limits.

“Something in her tone during our conversation earlier,” I explained in a serious tone. “She gave us the planet for a price, but wouldn’t explain as to what that price was.”

“Can’t worry about that now, I’m sure if she did something we’ll figure it out soon enough,” Fress answered as she slowed the speeder. I looked at the buildings and felt my heart sink. The debris reached for ten to thirty stories. It was going to take weeks to clear this debris. Which only meant there was going to be more dead beings than live ones.

I climbed out of the speeder as Brice and Kay walked to a spot and started to help clear some of the debris away. Dev and Ahsoka were not too far away as they cleared more rubble. I shook my head as I picked a spot and began to lift stuff with the Force and moving it into one of the dumpster trucks waiting to take away the debris. I sensed a couple of beings in this one spot which only caused me to work a little faster.

A few minutes later I heard someone calling for help as I moved a few more pieces off. “I have a couple of live ones over here,” I called over my shoulder as more people rushed over to help clear the rubble away. Another minute went by as I saw a hand wildly moving back and forth from behind a big piece of wood. I stepped forward and braced my arms against the wood and gently dislodged it from against the wall. I used the Force to keep any debris on top from toppling down. “Quickly go now,” I grunted as two ladies crawled out from the wooden stud I was sure now holding. As they cleared I stood back and made sure no one was underneath it. “Get this stud cleared.”

“What about the stuff that’s floating?” The one man questioned with a frown.

“I’m holding it with the Force,” I answered in a testy tone. “I won’t be able to hold it for much longer. I need everyone out of the way before I release my grip.”

The man nodded as two more stepped forward to help remove the stud. I sensed Ahsoka putting her Force grip on the rubble as I nodded my thanks to her. “Is everyone clear?” I questioned as she nodded. “Lower it to the ground,” Ahsoka and I lowered the rest of the building down.

“That makes twelve live ones, and forty dead,” Ahsoka reported as she helped me begin to move more of the rubble from the spot I was already working. The others went back to their spots as the two ladies were being looked over by the medics we had brought planet side.

I sighed in frustration knowing by the end of the day we would have removed more dead then live ones. I was not looking forward to the final number once everything was cleaned up down here.

“Anakin, you okay?” Ahsoka questioned in a concern as I glanced at her and shook my head.

“No,” I answered honestly. “For once this isn’t my mess, and I’m not looking forward to the final number of casualties,” I explained as I continued to lift stuff up.

A part of me wondered how I thought allowing others to commit crimes, squeeze more and more credits out of the poor when they had nothing left to give, turning a blind eye to the way Moffs treated their areas was right? Maybe I was smoking something I wasn’t aware of or just being a Sith made you not care about anything or anyone. Whatever the case was, all I knew I was back in my right mind.

Before I knew it someone gently tugged on my arm. I swiped sweat off my forehead and glanced at Ahsoka as she handed me a water bottle. “Here, you look like you could a small break.”

“Thanks,” I accepted the water bottle and took a good long drink from it. I glanced around and noticed I had made a fairly large dent in the pile I was working to clear. I wasn’t even aware on how much time had passed. I walked over to a clearing and sat down as Fress sat down beside me. Ahsoka had gone back to working. I suspected she took a break earlier and realized I hadn’t had one. “What’s the count so far?”

“Twenty live ones and seventy dead,” Fress answered in a somber tone. “I’m wondering how you’re feeling?”

I shook my head as she watched me intently. I noticed Jess was working beside Dev and I began to wonder when he finally joined the group. Had I been not paying attention to what I was doing or was I just absorbed in clearing the rubble out? “I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “I’ll let you know when we have the final count.”

“That’s not a good enough answer,” Fress pointed out in concern. “I can sense a lot of turmoil in you. Plus you worked right through lunch and dinner.”

“What time is it?” I questioned with a frown as she showed me her wrist chrono. Seven in the evening local time? No wonder she was asking. “I didn’t realize…”

“Leia said she’s been working on setting up rooms for everyone who is working on clearing the rubble, not unless you want to sleep in your old castle?” Fress questioned.

“If they let me keep the building, I have some plans I want to put into place,” I explained with a small smile. “Turn it into apartment living quarters.”

“Who would live there?” Fress questioned with a small smile.

“I would keep a floor or two for family members to live in,” I answered. “Anyone who could afford to pay rent and those who can’t afford to pay I would be willing to help get them back on their feet,” I explained causing Fress to grin.

“There’s the Anakin we all know and love,” Fress patted my hand gently. “I was wondering where you went.”

Small joke I noted as my stomach growled viciously I might add. “I think I want to go and get something to eat. I didn’t realize how much time had passed.”

“There’s a restaurant just down the road offering free meals to everyone working here,” Fress smiled as she handed me a card. “Just tell them I sent you.”

“Thanks Fress,” I finished the water in my bottle and stood up. I noticed something else, missing one padawan learner. “Where is Kay?”

“She’s helping Leia set up rooms,” Fress answered with a frown.

That was another reason why Fress was asking. I completely lost track of my padawan learner. At least someone knew where Kay was. Ten minutes later I walked into the restaurant Fress had indicated as the waiter took one look at me and pointed to a buffet table. I didn’t need to say anything as I glanced down at my filthy looking clothes. I guess it was obvious where I’ve been most of the day. I walked over to the buffet and quickly filled a plate feeling guilty. This owner was feeding a lot of people and not asking for anything in return. It didn’t feel right.

I sat down at a table as someone walked over with a small smile. “Hi, are you working with the crew down at the collapsed buildings?”

“Yes I am, Fress Colias gave me this,” I reached in my pocket and pulled out the card and handed to him.

“As yes, I gave her permission to tell anyone working down there to tell them that I’m feeding people for free today. I feel guilty for not being able to help and it’s the least I can do. No one has the time to cook today especially with lives hanging in the balance,” the man explained with a smile as he waved away the card. I put it back in my pocket as he eyed me with a frown. “You look awfully familiar. What’s your name?”

“Anakin Skywalker,” I answered with a frown wondering if he heard my name or not.

“You look awfully young,” the man said as he sat down in a chair across from.

“It’s a long story,” I answered with a frown as Luke walked in and spotted me. He walked over and sat down in the chair beside the man. “Clone body with my memories transferred, that’s the short version,” I studied Luke with a frown wondering if something was wrong or not. “Is something wrong, Luke?”

“I’m okay, dad,” Luke answered with a frown. “Leia sent me to ask you where you wanted to sleep tonight? If you don’t have anything particular in mind, she already has a room setup for you and Kay.”

“I’m sure what your sister has setup is fine,” I answered with a frown. “I plan to work through the night anyway.”

That only caused Luke to cross his arms over his chest and stare me down. Wrong answer I realized with a start. He didn’t plan to allow me to work through the night. “Leia has four crews to work around the clock. You worked through two shifts already. We want you to sleep.”

“When did I give my kids permission telling me what I can and cannot do?” I challenged with a glower. “It’s bad enough on what Isard did and somehow I feel partially responsible…”

“Dad, you’re not responsible for this and you know it,” Luke pointed out as he stopped me from speaking further. “Don’t beat yourself up for something that was beyond your control for once. Why don’t you eat up and I’ll take you to where Kay and Leia are waiting.”

“You’re not giving me a choice in this are you?” I questioned after swallowing a mouthful of food.

“No I’m not,” Luke answered honestly. “Fress told us how you react to stress and it’s concerning, if you say no Han and Chewie are waiting in the speeder to force you to come.”

I raised an eyebrow as Luke smirked. “Fine, no need to call in the Calvary, I’ll come quietly.” Now that I was sitting down for a small length of time, I felt myself feeling a little tired. The day was beginning to catch up with me. With no sleep I could accidentally make the rescue efforts worse. I continued to eat as Luke and the owner talked causing me to wonder how the two knew each other.

“How do the two of you know each other?” I questioned after finishing off the last bite.

“We grew up together,” Luke answered with a small frown. “He was with the Rebellion for a while but decided to open a restaurant here instead. It’s a bit risky but it’s working out well for Tank.”

“I see,” I smiled slightly as I realized how Tank thought I looked familiar. Luke and I shared similar bone structures. “It’s nice to meet one of your friends.”

“Is it true on what Luke told me? Tank questioned with a frown. “You were the one wearing black armor?”

That was the polite version of asking if I was Vader or not as I nodded with a frown. “I regret that decision. I missed Luke and Leia growing up. I owe being alive to Luke. He transferred my memories from my old body to the clone I was growing.”

“Don’t break the kids heart,” Tank cautioned with a frown. “He’s always wanted to meet his father.”

“I don’t plan too,” I agreed with a smile. “I’m happy to have my children in my life. Are you sure I can’t help you pay for feeding everyone today?”

“I’m sure,” Tank answered with a smile. “Leia and Mon Mothma are going to allow me to write it off on my taxes which means I get to give my employees bonuses this year. Considering they work hard without complaint, they deserve it.”

I smiled knowing Tank had the whole thing figured out already. “Thank you for the meal. I appreciate it,” I glanced up as Han and Chewie walked in. “I’ll come quietly.”

“That means we don’t have to force you?” Han questioned looking disappointed.

“No,” I glared at Han causing him to swallow hard. I can still make the man sweat, good. “It’s fun making you squirm.”

Han shook his head sadly as he glanced at Chewie who was chuckling. “Shove it fuzz ball.”

Chewie woofed and growled softly, it caused me to smile as I caught the gist of what he said. “Chewie’s right, Han. You’re dating my daughter, I get to make you squirm all I want.”

”Some help you are,” Han muttered under his breath. “Don’t you owe me a life debt?”

Chewie answered with a few more woofs and gruffs and chuckled again causing me to grin. “Not when it comes to dating my daughter, it doesn’t it,” I translated causing Han to groan. “Just don’t break Leia’s heart and we’ll have no issues.”

”That’s reassuring,” Han glanced at Tank as Tank stood up and walked back to the checkout saying he had to get back to work, then turned his attention back to me. “Did I miss something here?”

”Luke’s friend’s with the owner, that’s all,” I answered as I stood up. “I am feeling tired and would like to get some sleep.”

”I see,” Han glanced at Luke who wore a smirk. “Keep a better handle on your father, kid.”

”It’s not like he wears a leash and muzzle,” Luke retorted causing me to shake my head sadly. “He has a mind of his own.”

I stood up and followed the other three out the door and climbed into the speeder. I closed my eyes knowing Tank was a good friend to Luke. Otherwise Tank wouldn’t have warned me about breaking Luke’s heart. That’s the last thing I would do to my son at this point. I couldn’t bare the thought of not having my children in my life.

Before I knew it someone was gently shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and noticed they were bleary and I was ready for sleep. I glanced over and noticed Leia was watching me with concern as I cracked a small smile. “I concede. I will sleep now.”

Leia nodded as I climbed out of the speeder and followed her to the room she had set up for Kay and me. I gave Kay a hug before I trudged off to the fresher to get cleaned up, then I planned to climb into bed.

”Good night, dad,” Leia called behind me. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

”Good night, Leia,” I answered as I watched her walk out of the apartment and shut the door behind her. I shook my head and went to the refresher. I needed a quick shower then off to bed I go. I was exhausted.
    -----------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad there are as many survivors as there have been. LOve the banter and filial concern. :)