main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Scoundrel Trouble diary challenge Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 5, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb conversations and banter. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That's nice both at the altar and great discussion with Fress

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked out of my recovery room as the medic told me to take at easy on what I ate for the next couple of days. Fress was right about the food choices even though she did feed me baby food trying to tell me something. He’ll have to find a way to get her back. Leia and Luke waited for me outside the room as I wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders. It was time to go visit with the rest of Padme’s family.
    -------------
    I stopped walking at the bottom of the ramp as the Queen approached the ship. I bowed to the Queen. “Your majesty.”

“Welcome back to Naboo, Master Skywalker. Senator Amidala’s family is expecting you I believe,” The Queen returned with a smile.

“Thank you, your majesty. May I present mine and Padme Amidala’s children, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa,” I introduced with a smile as the Queen looked a little surprised.

“I was under the impression she died with the child,” the Queen said with a frown as she looked towards her guards and advisor.

“It’s a long story, your highness,” I answered with a frown. “I was Vader and they made it look that way to protect them from me. I would like to introduce my children to their mother and I’m wondering if the holo recordings are still at the palace?”

“Yes, I believe they are,” the Queen answered as she nodded off to an advisor. “This is my advisor, Roland Nabear, he will recover the recordings for you.”

“Thank you, your highness,” I said with an appreciative smile. I would have to ask Sola to take me to where Padme was buried. I have yet to visit the grave since she passed away. “I appreciate your willingness to help.”

“Queen Amidala was an extraordinary individual and well respected among our people as you are, I can’t refuse this request since the children never got to know their mother,” The queen said with a smile.

Bail walked up to the group as the Queen turned towards Bail. “Prince Organa, my condolences on the loss of Alderaan and your people.”

“Thank you your majesty for your kind words,” Bail said as Leia turned in his direction. “Leia, come on. There’s a holo of your mother in the hall. Let’s go see her.”

“That’s a good idea,” I agreed as the queen led the way to the palace. “The queen is going to allow me to retrieve Padme’s recordings.”

“That’s wonderful news,” Bail said as they continued walking towards the palace. “Leia, you really would’ve liked your mother. She was kind, caring and had a generous spirit.”

Leia smiled appreciatively as she walked up to Bail and hugged him. “Thank you.”

Not another word was spoken until we walked into a hallway. There was holos of each queen lining the hallways. The queen stopped walking when she approached Padme’s holo. I stepped up to the holo of my wife and lowered my head in shame. I felt someone take my hand as I looked at Leia. “This is your mother when she was fourteen.”

“I really am like her, aren’t I?” Leia questioned with a frown as I nodded with a smile.

“You really are,” I answered in agreement as Luke looked at the holo. “You really would’ve liked her, Leia.”

“Master Skywalker, why don’t we go and get those recordings?” Nabear questioned after Luke and Leia finished looking at the portrait.

“That’s a good idea,’ I agreed with a smile. Leia was very much her mother and was just at good at making speeches as Padme was. “Come on, Leia you’ll see just how much you take after her.”

Leia leaned into me as we headed towards the vault in the library where the holos were stored. After I got the holos, I wanted to head towards where the rest of Padme’s family was waiting for us at the lake retreat.
    ----------------
    I walked up to the spot where Padme and I had wedded. The gown looked beautiful on her as she took my hands into hers and we kissed. I gripped the white railing as I looked out over the water. It was a beautiful day. I really liked it here, but it did bring up memories that were painful to think about. I sensed Sola walking up behind me as I closed my eyes again. “This is where Padme and I got married.”

“Anakin, did you…” Sola began to speak but stopped for a second. “You and Padme wedded here?”

Sola sounded shocked as I nodded my head in acknowledgement, “It was a beautiful sunrise,” I explained as if lost in my memories. Perhaps I was. “She wanted to give birth to the twins here, but you know how that turned out,” I paused for a second and glanced at Sola as she watched me with a frown. “I’m wondering if…” I paused for a second not sure if I had the right to ask to visit Padme’s grave or not. I haven’t visited her grave since she was buried.

“Anakin, I was about to ask if you wanted me to take you to where Padme was buried?” Sola questioned as I nodded.

“I want to make a stop at a flower shop first,” I requested as Sola nodded in agreement. I planned to pick up Padme’s favorite flowers. “Thank you, I appreciate you taking me there.”

“Mom had a feeling you would want to go and visit her,” Sola answered with a frown. “The twins are preoccupied with the holo recordings so this would be a good time to go.”
    I nodded in agreement as Sola led the way to a speeder waiting for them. She climbed into the drivers seat as I climbed into the passenger’s side. “I have a friend who owns a flower shop, and he carries Padme’s favorite flowers, if you don’t mind?”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” I agreed with a smile as Sola lifted the speeder off the docking area and headed towards Theed.
    ---------------
    I walked into the flower shop as a clerk stepped out of the backroom as Sola followed closely behind me. I looked at all the shelves and shook my head as the clerk approached me.

“Sola, darling it is so good to see you,” the owner said with a smile. “What can I do you for?”

“He’s here for flowers, Padme’s favorite flowers arrangement,” Sola explained with a frown.

“And you are?” The owner questioned with a frown as he studied me. “You look familiar… You’ve been in my shop before a long time ago…”

“He’s Padme’s husband and my brother-in-law,” Sola explained with a frown. “And the father to their children.”

“Explains why you always bought Padme’s favorite flowers,” the owner said with a slight smile.

I nodded as I walked into the back cold room where they kept the loose flowers and started picking up the flowers. The owner followed closely behind me and took them from me. “Allow me to make the arrangements, sir.”

“Thank you,” I turned my attention to Sola as she watched me with concern. “I appreciate your help.”

“It is my job after all,” the owner answered as he brought the flowers to the front and started to arrange them in a bouquet. He arranged them in the way I remember presenting to them Padme every time. I closed my eyes as I remembered her eyes lighting up each time.

I took care of the tab as the owner handed the bouquet over to me. I took them into my arms knowing all I could do was leave them by her grave. I turned around and stepped out of the flower shop as Sola climbed into the drivers side.

“You always bought her flowers from here?” Sola questioned with a frown as I nodded. “I’m curious as to…”

”Padme suggested the shop, but didn’t explain why. I just thought it was because she liked to buy her favorites from here,” I explained with a frown. “Didn’t realize the owner was a friend of yours. It does explain it for me.”

Sola nodded as she flew the speeder towards a graveyard where the Royalty and senators were buried. The doors opened at their approach as Sola pushed the speeder in and headed towards a spot with a small head stone and a holo of Padme above the grave. I swallowed hard as Sola pulled the speeder to a stop.

“I’ll wait here, I suspect you want to do this alone,” Sola said as I nodded in agreement as I climbed out of the speeder and approached Padme’s final resting spot.

There was a small vase sitting in front of the headstone as I dropped to my knees and lowered my head in shame. I was the reason Padme died. My heart raced as I placed my hand on top of the headstone. “I’m sorry I never got around to visiting. I love you so much that you didn’t deserve what I did to you,” I whispered as tears filled my eyes. “I brought the twins home to meet your family. I have missed you everyday.”

“Ani, I love you,” Padme’s voice echoed inside of my head as I swallowed hard just having the urge to hold her one more time in my arms. My heart ached at the thought of not being able to hold her again. “I’ll be with you, always.”

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a small water bottle and filled up the vase. I went to work and arranged the flowers in the vase. I felt a little better as I finished fussing with the flowers in a way that Padme loved them. “I’ll bring the twins back later after they have a chance to watch your recordings,” I promised as I raised a hand and traced the features on the holo gram. I missed having her around. I missed having someone to talk too late at night. “I’ll be back later tonight with the twins.”

I stood up and turned around as I noticed Luke and Leia were watching me with concern. Fress was in another speeder sitting beside Sola’s. I walked towards them and pushed them towards the grave. “This is where your mother was buried.”

“You have a beautiful home world, Padme,” Leia whispered with a smile. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Hi mom,” Luke said with a smile. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“What did you see in dad?” Leia questioned as Luke lightly elbowed her in the side of her arm.

‘He was far from a stuffed shirt, Leia. Don’t make any mistake, he was a wonderful husband,” Padme’s spirit answered as she appeared before us. “Anakin, I am pleased you brought the children home.”

“I knew you would want me too,” I answered with a slight smile as Padme nodded in agreement.

”I love you both, and I’m proud of you,” Padme said with a smile as she stepped in between Luke and Leia. “Your father can be a handful as you both are finding that out, but just being there for him is what makes a huge difference in his life. It will help keep him on the straight and narrow.”

“What else did he do to…” Leia questioned as Padme laughed.

”The stories I could tell you about your father, Leia,” Padme answered as I mockingly glared at her.

“I’m standing right here,” I reminded Padme as she gave a mischief smile. “I love you too, miss always ending up needing a rescue.”

“It was Palpatine’s doing,” Padme explained with a small grin.

“Sure it was, you bought into his manipulations as much as I have,” I pointed out causing Padme to shake her head sadly. “Not to mention ending up as a prisoner of war on more then one occasion. Oh, I wanted to do as the council said and whose idea was it to rescue Obi-Wan? It sure wasn’t mine, and we needed rescuing ourselves..”

“Rex is right, they did make quite the pair,” Luke spoke up causing me to feel heat touch my cheeks. Makes me wonder what Rex told the twins about Padme and I?

“I love you all,” Padme said as she wrapped a ghostly arm around each of the twins. “My babies. My beautiful babies, I will be with you, always. I love you. Just remember that. Anakin, I’ll be waiting for you.”

“I look forward to the day we can be together again,” I said with a smile as Padme smiled and nodded in agreement before she disappeared.

I hugged the twins as they leaned into me. Padme made an appearance before the twins. It was one way for them to meet their mother. Not another word was spoken as Luke and Leia placed some flowers in a vase at the base of the headstone beside the ones I brought with me.

“Dad, are you all right?” Leia questioned softly as she took my hand into hers.

“I will be,” I answered honestly. I did feel better. This was something that was long over due. We stayed there for a few minutes longer before heading back to the speeders. I climbed in beside Sola as I gave her an appreciative smile. I was thankful for her understanding. She smiled back as she brought the engines off standby.
    -------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Gemma, AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Touching family moments Falcon! Thanks for sharing. I love it when Luke and Leia find out about their mom. :cool:

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    They eventually did when Artoo short circuited and played one of Padme's recordings to Anakin. This is years later when they discovered that Anakin was one of the owners of Artoo. Artoo had some explaining to do that day :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Touching moments for Anakin to see his beloved Padmé in the Force

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Gah, needed 2 handkerchiefs, Falcon! @};- And they are utterly wet now!

Thanks for giving this unusual family re-union so much dignity. I appreciate that very much. ^:)^

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the lake retreat as Kay rushed into my arms. I hugged her tightly to me feeling my love for her. She really was another daughter to me. She hugged me back as I felt warmth wash over me.

“Bail told me he hit you,” Kay said as she took a step back with a concerned expression on her face. “Are you all right?”

“Nothing a dunk in bacta won’t heal,” I answered with a reassuring smile. “I’m fine, Kay,” I sensed the twins walking up behind me as I stepped further into the retreat. Bail was sitting down on the couch talking with Jobal and Rex, the boys and Jess.

I smelled something mouth watering in the air as Fress made a sudden mad dash for the refresher. No sooner then the door had closed then the sound of vomiting reached our ears. Jess stood up and walked to the door as I gave him a light hit on his shoulder. “Nice going, you old dog.”

“What are you talking about?” Jess questioned as he knocked on the door. “Fress, are you all right?”

Jess didn’t know yet? I thought with a frown. Fress told me first? Maybe she had something in mind on how to spring the news to Jess. “Well congrats.”

“Do you know something I don’t?” Jess questioned with a frown. “Fress, what is Anakin rambling on about out here?”

“I have something in mind, Anakin,” Fress yelled through the door as I heard the taps come on. “I’m fine, Jess.”

“Throwing up is not fine,” Jess yelled through the door as I sat down on the couch as Jobal and Bail gave me a curious expression. I smirked and grinned pretending to rock a baby in my arms.

“Really?” Bail questioned with a grin catching onto what I was getting at. He really was a smart man. “Jess, I’m sure she’s fine. A stomach flu bug is nothing to worry about.”

I raised an eyebrow as Bail winked at me and grinned. “I’m sure she’ll be fine in a few hours. I had a stomach flu bug just before we got here. I’m sure she got it from me,” I heard Fress chuckle behind the door as Bail shook his head sadly. Anyone on the Brawl knew I wasn’t really sick.

“Great, that means I’m next,” Jess groaned as Jobal shook her head sadly. Apparently she didn’t miss a beat of it either and somehow this completely went over Jess’s head.

”Sounds like Fress is pregn…” Rex started to speak up as I punched him in the shoulder and shook my head warningly. “That means the rest of are next, nice going, Anakin.”

“Share the love, share the germs,” I grinned causing Dev and Brice to moan in unison. “It’s the truth, isn’t it?”

“Mom’s pregnant, isn’t she?” Brice whispered in my ear causing me to nod my head. “Anakin, I hate being sick,” he smirked as he glanced at me. “I do love the idea of a baby sister or brother.”

Kay leaned against me as Jess raised an eyebrow in our direction. “You’re next lover boy,” I smirked as the door opened and Fress walked out with a frown as she took a hold of Jess’s hand in hers and walked to the kitchen. I couldn’t help but notice she had a bag in her other hand. I stood up and followed them to the kitchen but kept my distance.

Fress sat Jess down at the table and then rooted through the bag, she took out the bib and tied it around Jess’s neck. Next she took out a small jar, bowl and spoon. She was going to feed Jess baby food? I think she should just come right out and tell him but apparently Fress had other things in mind. She took the lid off and poured the mush into the bowl and dipped the spoon in.

“Open up here comes the X-wing,” Fress smirked as she proceeded to push the spoon towards Jess’s mouth. I wonder if Jess had figured it out yet as he raised a hand and stopped Fress from pushing the spoon into his mouth.

Jess’s jaw dropped in shock as he put the theme together in his mind. He looked at Fress with a grin. “How far along are you?”

“Two months,” Fress answered with a grimace causing Jess’s face to freeze. “I had to come clean with Anakin about…”

“Was he mad?” Jess questioned in a quiet voice causing Fress to shake her head. “That’s a relief,” he looked into Fress’s eyes lovingly as he removed the bib from his neck. “I love you more now then ever.”

“I love you too, Jess,”

Jess kissed Fress on the forehead. “Ever heard of privacy, Anakin?”

“I don’t know, have you?” I questioned with a raised brow. “Last I heard you and Fress did it on my ship in a not so private setting.”

“Truce grandpa,” Jess answered with a smirk causing me to frown. “One day that clone body of yours will start feeling it’s age…”

“You and Fress having another causes me to feel my age,” I said with a frown causing Jess to grin. “Congrats to the both of you. Do me a favor, stay in your room next time.”

“Fine,” Fress answered as she rolled her eyes. “That does take the thrill and fun out of it,” I glared at her causing her to swallow hard. “Or we could stay in our room,” she paused for a second and grinned. “As I recall, you bragged about conceiving the twins at the Lake Retreat on the beach,” Fress pointed out with a grin causing Luke to groan as he walked into the kitchen.

“I did not need to hear that,” Luke spoke causing my cheeks to turn red.

“Yeah we decided to make it interesting,” I smirked causing Luke to make a sour face. He hugged Jess and Fress congratulating them then walked right back out without saying another word. “You managed to horrify Luke on me. That means I get to horrify Brice.”

“Fress, what did you tell Anakin?” Jess questioned as he turned his attention to her with a frown.

“When you’re in the med ward with nothing better to do, you sort of talk,” Fress answered as I walked out of the room and sat down beside Brice.

I wrapped an arm around Brice as he looked at me with a curious expression. “Your dad knows about your sibling now. They managed to horrify Luke so I’m returning the favor.”

“I’m almost afraid to ask,” Brice said as Bail raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

I turned my attention to Leia with a grin. “Leia, your mother and I conceived you and your brother on the beach on a small island not too far from here.”

“I did not need to hear that,” Leia placed her head into her hands as I smirked.

“Had to keep it interesting, right? Just like Fress and Jess keeping it interesting by conceiving their second child on my flag ship in the communications room,” I explained causing Leia to look up with a horrified expression. “I already chewed them out, just like they conceived Brice on Lothal in the communications room. The next couple that gets caught on the Executer not in their room gets a pie in the face.”

“You hear that, Leia?” Han said with a smirk as he walked into the room. “We get pie for giving Anakin grandchildren on his flag ship.”

“In the face, Han,” I said with a frown as Han raised an eyebrow. “Fress and Jess beat you to it.”

“Fress is pregnant?” Han questioned with a frown as Leia smacked Han on the shoulder. “What?”

“We’re not doing it in the communications room on my dad’s flag ship, like a normal couple in our room,” Leia spoke causing Han to grin. “If we got caught, the last thing we need are rumors about it.”

“Talk about keeping things spicy,” Han smirked causing me to glare at him. “What?”

“You’re forbidden to do it on my flagship, Han,” I hardened my stare causing Han to gulp. “It’s bad enough those two did it. And the last thing I need are rumors among my crew that you two were caught in the act.”

“Fress is pregnant?” Bail questioned with a grin. “This is a cause for celebration.”

“What ever doesn’t make her sick,” I agreed with a small smile as Fress walked into the living room. “Well, feel like celebrating?”

“Sure, you’re not too mad are you?” Fress questioned with a frown.

“Not really,” I answered with a mischief smile. “I feel better after I told Brice on where you conceived him.”

“Thanks a lot, Anakin,” Fress rolled her eyes as I grinned. Tonight we celebrate the prospect of a new life starting. This made me happy for them.

---------------------
    I walked out onto the patio as I heard Ahsoka and Fress approach me from behind. I sensed amusement come from Ahsoka, but I couldn’t figure out why. I looked at the sunrise as the sky turned from dark blue to a golden color. It reminded me of the sunrise at our wedding.

“Sky Guy, look it’s stubby,” Ahsoka said with a gleeful tone causing me to turn on my heel and ignit my lightsaber. I stopped and glared at Ahsoka as she giggled.

“Not funny, Snips,” I said with a disapproval frown as Luke and Leia stepped out of the retreat. I deactivated my lightsaber blade. “The plan is to go camping, we’ll leave in two hours from now. Ahsoka, don’t do that again.”

“See, I told you he wasn’t over the betrayal of the spy droid to Grievous,” Ahsoka pointed out causing me to shake my head sadly.

“Ahsoka, not now,” I said with a frown as Kay walked out causing me to smile. “Let’s finish packing so we can go.”

“You seem agitated, Anakin,” Fress pointed out with a smirk. “Is anything wrong?”

“I was having a good morning until Ahsoka mentioned about that spy droid who shall remain nameless. He nearly got me killed more then a few times, deliberately might I add?” I answered with a frown as Fress smirked. I should’ve known that Fress would be behind that little joke from Ahsoka. Why do I have this feeling they did this to get a reaction out of me?

“Dad, tell us about Goldie,” Luke spoke with a small grin causing me to roll my eyes and glare at him.

“Not now,” I said with a frown as I entered the retreat.

“You’re right, Ahsoka, dad does seem agitated by the name alone,” Leia pointed out causing me to stop walking and turn around to face her. “That’s for horrifying me on where you and Padme conceived Luke and I.’

It was Leia’s idea? I didn’t see that one coming. Maybe Leia hung around the others for too long and they started to rub off on her. “Come on, let’s go finish packing.”
    ---------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, AzureAngel2, Gemma, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Loved that, the teasing and the warmth. [face_mischief]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    fun update

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...had a family thing happen, didn't read fic for a while here. Wandered into thread, ended up getting a much needed laugh!

“You hear that, Leia?” Han said with a smirk as he walked into the room. “We get pie for giving Anakin grandchildren on his flag ship.”

Hee!!!

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I also love the warmth & kindness in your stories. [face_love]

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm so sorry for not reviewing earlier. I have been so busy and right now I am supposed to be doing something but I am finding different ways to procrastinate. Nice updates with sweet family moments. I hope to have more time in the future to read.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat on a log as Leia and Luke sat down on both sides of me. I wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders as Kay roasted a sausage over the campfire. I smiled as I watched Kay. She looked really content being with us on the camping trip. “Thanks for letting Kay come,” I whispered to the twins who nodded in agreement. “If we get up early enough, we can watch the sunrise together over the water. Then maybe we can go on a hike.”

“That sounds like a good time, dad,” Leia agreed as she leaned into me. She had a shawl on and the hood was over her head. I asked Bail if he wanted to come but he declined stating I should have this time with Leia and Luke. He already had done stuff like this with her when she was younger. He felt he was intruding on some quiet time I could have with my children for once. Maybe he was right. Should enjoy the quiet while it lasts. As a Jedi, quiet never lasted long.

“Kay, how is the sausage coming?” I questioned with a small grin as she placed the sausage in a bun.

“It’s done and very delicious,” Kay answered around a mouth full of food. She swallowed and grinned before taking another bit.

The sky was clear and you could see the stars off in the distance as I heard crickets off in the distance. It was a peaceful night and I was thankful to have this time alone with the twins before everything changed.
    --------------------
    I woke up just before sunrise. Luke and Leia were waiting outside my tent. Kay was still sleeping which was typical for her age. “Just the three of us, then?” I questioned in a soft voice as the twins nodded in agreement. “Maybe I can take Kay out tomorrow morning,” I said as I quickly wrote a note. Kay, we went to watch the sunrise and you were still sleeping. We’ll be back in an hour or two. My comlink is on. Love Anakin. I placed the note beside Kay in a small pouch. We agreed this pouch would be used for leaving notes if we left the campsite so at least we would know where others went.

As we paddled the boat out to the middle of the lake the sun had yet to rise. The sky was navy with small spikes of pink near the equator. When we came to a stop, I threw the anchor overboard as Leia and Luke made them-selves comfortable on the small back bench beside me. I wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders as they leaned into me. The sky slowly turned from pink to a golden color. Soon everything will change and Leia will be married to Han soon and Han will be a part of the family.
    --------------
    As we headed back to camp Kay was up making breakfast and it looked like for everyone due to the amount of food on the campfire. “Did you need any help?” I questioned with a small smile as she shook her head.

“I’m good,” Kay answered with a small smile. “Ani, next time, wake me up.”

“You looked so peaceful this morning,” I pointed out with a small smile. “We can go tomorrow morning and I promise to wake you this time. Just you and me if you want?”

“All three of us,” Kay requested as she piled bacon onto a plate and pulled the toast off the fire.

“All three of us,” I promised as Luke wrapped an arm around Kay.

“Sorry sis. You did look peaceful this morning,” Luke said with a gentile smile. “We still have that trail to do this morning.”

Kay grinned at the reminder. “I know that’s why I’m making everyone breakfast. I can’t wait to explore the trail. And maybe a boat ride later this afternoon?”

“Sounds like a plan to me. How about some fishing?” I questioned as Leia made a sour face. “I guess that means you’re out, Leia. Luke did you want to go fishing?”

“Sounds like fun,” Luke agreed as Kay nodded with a grin.

“We have something to do this afternoon,” I said with a grin as Leia gave a mischievous smirk. I knew that look. She was up to something. But what I had no clue. Like any sneaky politician, she had her own agenda.
    ----------------------
    As we walked down the trail I couldn’t help but notice that it reminded me of Mimban a bit. I came close to killing the twins on that planet as well. There was a cave not too far up the trail from here. Kay pulled on my arm as she led me into the cave as I turned my attention to Luke and Leia was they watched me. “Remind you two of anything?” I questioned with a nervous tone.

“Yes, it reminds me of Mimban,” Luke answered with a frown. “The Kalibar crystal allowed me to heal me and Leia.”

That’s how Luke did it. I was beginning to wonder but that would make sense. The Kalibar crystal enhanced your powers through the Force. I knew Obi-Wan was watching over Luke even in death. I looked around the cave, as I felt uneasy. It was one aspect that the twins and I have yet to go over. “Remind me to thank Obi-Wan for watching over you and Leia like he was able to.”

“You’re welcome, Anakin,” I heard Obi-Wan’s voice enter mine causing me to smile a bit. “I am proud of how well you’ve come along in the last year and a half.”

Even now Obi-Wan was watching over his family. That made him happy to know that. Obi-Wan was a true friend and like an older brother. Obi-Wan was the closest thing he had to a father. “Obi-Wan was right about one thing. In the end, I really was the death of him,” I heard some light chuckling in the back of my mind as I reminded him of the line he told me so long ago before we entered a bar on Coruscant. “I’m sorry for the way…”

“It’s in the past,” Leia reminded me as she raised a hand interrupting me as she stepped forward and hugged me. “You weren’t in your right mind when you did those things.”

I returned the hug as Leia continued to cling to me as Luke stepped forward placing his arms around us. “I love you both and I can’t ever see myself hurting you two like that ever again,” I felt a third weight being added and noted Kay was hugging us too.

“Come on, let’s explore the rest of this trail,” they all let go as we left the cave and painful memories behind us. I was no longer that person who hurt Luke and Leia. They both saw that and it was time that I saw that as well.
    ----------------
    As I finished packing all the things we needed for fishing Leia took off running in one direction. I frowned as I noticed Han not too far away causing me to shake my head. That would explain why she didn’t want to go fishing. She made plans with her fiancé. “Luke, Kay, are you ready to go?”

“Sure am,” Kay answered with a grin as Luke nodded in agreement as his eyes wondered back to where Han and Leia were kissing.

“That explains why she didn’t want to come,” Luke muttered under his breath. “Bail did tell me she wasn’t too fond of fishing to begin with.”

“Well, at least she won’t be bored,” which made me gag at the thought. Those two were not married yet and they sure acted like it more times than not. You would think they were married the way they had their arguments. I raised my hand sensing for Han’s signature through the Force and gave him a wedgie causing Han to yelp out loud and in shock.

Leia turned her attention to me with a glare as I quickly diverted my attention elsewhere fighting back a smirk. Han had to put up with me until they were wedded. I warned Leia I wasn’t done with Han for kidnapping her and taking her to a world that I would avoid like the plaque.

“Leave Han alone, Anakin,” Leia yelled out causing me to grin. Yeah like that was going to happen. Luke and Kay looked up with a frown as I quickly gave a neutral expression.

“I have no clue on what she’s talking about,” I explained as Luke shook his head sadly.

“Dad, we all sensed what you did through the Force,” Luke pointed out causing me to smirk again. “And that smirk confirms it.”

“I’m not going to find someone who will be able to put up with Anakin,” Kay muttered under her breath. “If he’s like this with Han, I shudder to think…”

“You will Kay, anyone who can’t put up with me isn’t worth your time,” I pointed out causing Kay to do a face palm.

“Let’s get going,” Kay said as she picked up her rod and tackle box. She walked to Han and gave him a hug before continuing towards the dock.

I quickly followed her and smirked at Han as he glared back at me then shook his head sadly with a small smile. He must’ve figured out I’m just being protective and reminding him no child making until after they married. I’ll leave him alone mostly after that.
    --------------
    Kay pulled back on her line as I went to her side. The drag was going crazy making me wonder how big the fish on the other end was if it put that much fight. I quickly tightened the drag a bit so she had a chance to fight back. “You must have a big one hooked.”

“Yup,” Kay grinned as she continued to pull back on her line. “It’s heavy.”

“Did you want some help?” I questioned wondering if this fish was big enough to drag Kay out of the boat and into the lake. Luke had already pulled in a couple of five-pound fish and I had pulled in six pound fish myself.

“Not yet,” Kay answered as she glanced at the net. “I have a feeling we’ll need to use the net for this.”

I picked up the net and waited patiently as Kay continued her struggle as splashes were seen two feet from the boat. “You almost have it,” I encouraged with a grin as I saw the fish struggling closer to the boat. I dipped the net into the water and scooped the fish in, it felt like a good ten pounds. It was huge. “Kay, this is a great catch.”

“I know, it’s huge,” Kay grinned proudly as I lowered the fish to the bottom of the boat and I quickly took the hook out. “We’re going to have a feast tonight, that’s for sure.”

“I think we have more then enough, we should head inland,” this had turned into a great afternoon for the three of us.
    ---------------
    Kay had caught three fish, I caught a couple and Luke caught three as well. We’ll be eating well tonight I thought with a grin as I pushed the boat back into the docking bay. I pushed the cooler up on the deck with a grin. “We’ll be eating well tonight.”

“It’s a fish fry feast,” Kay agreed with a grin. “I hope we have tonight.”

“Don’t worry, Kay. We have plenty even without the fish, it’ll be good. Besides that monster one you caught is ten pounds, that’s more than enough for four people,” I reminded her with a grin. Ten pounds can easily feed seven people. We have way more than ten pounds worth of fish. Han could stay for dinner if he wanted too. We had plenty to eat.

Kay nodded with a grin as we made our way back to the campsite. “Maybe Han can stay for dinner.”

“My thoughts exactly,” I agreed with a smile. Han and Leia were not too far away as they turned in our direction. “Han, we have more than enough to eat, want to stay for dinner?”

“Sure why not,” Han answered as Leia leaned into Han. “We did baby making while you were away.”

I raised an eyebrow as if to say oh really. “What would you like on your tombstone to read?”

“I deliberately angered Vader, not the wisest thing to do,” Han answered causing me to slap my head with my palm. “And that’s for the Force wedgie you gave me.”

“Leia, are you sure you won’t reconsider?” I questioned as we walked the last few feet back to camp causing her to smirk.

“The trick is to find someone who irritates the father not the other way around,” Leia answered with a smug grin.

“Force help me,” I said causing Leia to smirk in turn. “Well let’s go clean these fish and make dinner. I for one am starving.”

“Here, this should help,” Leia handed me half a sandwich as I accepted with a grin.

“Thanks sweetheart,” I quickly ate the sandwich, which had a crunchy texture to it like eating bugs causing me to pause. It reminded me of the mission I went on with Obi-Wan. I told him I found a way to connect with the living Force before scarfing down bugs. It was dinner and I was sick of government rations at that point.

“He didn’t even flinch,” Han sounded astounded as I raised an eyebrow in his direction.

“I tried to tell you he’s eaten bugs before,” Leia explained with a sad shake of her head. “He’s a soldier.”

“I don’t want to know,” I said as I walked to the table and proceeded to clean the fish. “Han, I’ve eaten bugs before. I called it dinner and getting into contact with the living Force. Obi-Wan on the other hand disagreed and told me that’s not what he meant. “

“Now he’s spinning his war stories,” Han groaned causing me to grin. One way another we found ways to get underneath each other’s skins. I spun a few more of my war stories as Han suddenly listened intently. He looked impressed from half of the stuff I had to go through with my time with the Jedi.
    ---------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2, Gemma

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Falcon - such a marvelous! blend of funny and sweet! Thanks for this terrific diary. [face_dancing] Such a great bunch of family feels with the warmth and teasing & great food besides, sans the bugs! [face_mischief]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see the entire family together with even Obi-Wan in the mix
    and the bugs[face_laugh]

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Eating bugs! Yuck! Halloween is clearly in the air! [face_pumpkin]

Falcon likes this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked up to Mon Mothma as I handed over a copy of the execution order on Leia and Han. She accepted it with a subtle glare. I came close to rolling my eyes but held myself from doing so. She looked over the information and nodded as Leia and Han walked up behind us. “I have nothing more to say to this.”

“Fine,” Mon Mothma answered in a clipped tone as she turned her attention to Leia. “I suppose you made your choice. Despite this incident Isolder and Teneniel are making an alliance with the New Republic and have requested Leia and Han Solo’s presence after your wedding to sign the treaty. Anakin, you have been requested to attend command of the Queen.”

I nearly choked on my spit as I raised an eyebrow. In which lifetime does she see me agreeing to this request willingly? “No. She’ll have my head if I step foot on Hapes.”

“Would it help if I told you it was by the command of Prince Isolder and Queen Teneniel?” Mon Mothma questioned with a frown. “I understand your concern with his mother. Your safety is assured.”

I took a deep breath and slowly released it. “I will need to find someone to look after Kay while I’m there.”

“We’ll look after her, Anakin,” Ahsoka spoke up as she joined the group with Rex hanging on her arm. “You’ll be fine. You know how to take care of yourself.”

“Fine, I’ll go,” I agreed as Mon Mothma looked delighted. It was the least I could do after encasing the old bat into carbonite. “Are we done here? We have to go pick up Skeeter from the kennel.”

“Yes we’re done here, oh and Danrea asked me to give this to you,” Mon Mothma handed over a holo cube causing me to frown. I had a feeling I knew what it was about. Padme barely handled with me being away for long periods of time but she had her work to keep her preoccupied.

I planned to view it after I got home. I glanced at Kay and smiled with a worried expression as she hugged me. “Come on, let’s go get Skeeter.”

We walked towards where the speeder was sitting and climbed in as Bail walked up beside Leia and hugged Mon Mothma. I smiled as it crossed my mind that those two might make a good couple.

-------------------
    Skeeter happily trotted between Kay and me as we entered the building. Skeeter was like a little dog and wasn’t skittish either so it made it easier trusting him off the leash. As I entered the turbo lift I felt the dread build from when Mon handed me the holo cube, which was either a sign she was about to dump me or she left the planet to take care of business. I felt the first one was true. “Kay, how did you like the camping trip?”

“It was a lot of fun,” Kay answered with a grin. “Can we do it again sometime?”

“If we get the time,” I answered honestly. At times there was no time to do stuff like that and Bail was right. I should enjoy the quiet while it lasts with the twins and Kay. You just never know when your actual time up was in the galaxy. The lift stopped on our floor and we stepped off and headed towards the apartment.

As I opened the door, Kay and Skeeter rushed in and headed towards her room as I sat down on the couch. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worst. I ran my thumb over the on switch as Danrea appeared with a saddened look. I knew this wasn’t working for her.

“Anakin, Starla’s father discovered I was dating you,” Danrea started causing me to frown. He hoped she had the guts to stand up to the man who abandoned his daughter. But something told him that she might have agreed to allow him a second chance to be there. “He’s asked to come back into our lives because he didn’t like the thought of you dating me or becoming her step father one day,” I closed my eyes knowing what she was about to say. To me it seemed like the wrong reason to allow the man back into their lives. Because of me? “I know it seems like the wrong reason to allow him back in. I also want Starla to know her father. He wants to be there for both of us. Like you were given a second chance, I want to give him a second chance to be there. I’m sorry, Anakin. If you want to talk later, my com is on and I hope we can stay friends. This isn’t working between us. I don’t know if I can handle you being away for weeks at a time while you’re off saving the galaxy.”

The cube stopped playing as I held onto it and swallowed hard. Kay walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch beside me. “Ani, what’s wrong?”

“I’ll be on the roof, my comlink is on if you need something,” I answered as I stood up and placed the holo cube down on the caf table. I walked out of the apartment and stepped onto the turbo lift as a tear slowly slid down my cheek. I knew it was coming, but it still hurt.
    -------------------------
    I placed my hands on the edge of the roof as I looked up at the sky. I couldn’t see the stars from here due to the lights of the city. It didn’t matter. I’ve been to quite a few of them in my life time. I lowered my head and closed my eyes. Padme seemed certain of me finding someone, but it wasn’t something you could rush. One day I would be so sure of a relationship I wouldn’t hesitate proposing. I felt someone take my arm as I glanced to my side.

“Dad, are you all right?” Leia questioned in concern as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Kay called me. She was concerned when you didn’t answer her question.”

“Danrea broke up with me,” I answered honestly as Leia wrapped her arms around me in a hug. I returned the hug as I leaned my head on her shoulder. “She felt she couldn’t handle with me being away for weeks at a time.”

Leia held me as the tears came. “It’s okay, dad. Just let it out,” she encouraged in a gentle tone.

“The father of her child wants back in when he discovered we were dating and didn’t like the thought of me being around them,” I choked over my tears. It was a couple of minutes before I could speak again as I felt myself calm down a bit. “I don’t think it would’ve worked anyways.”

“I was planning on inviting her to the wedding, but we don’t have too if you don’t want to,” Leia explained in a honest. “You’ll be fine and we’ll be here for you.”

“I know, thanks Leia,” I took a step back from her as she gave me an encouraging smile. “I love you, sweetheart.”

“I love you too, dad,” Leia answered in a loving tone. “Are you going to be okay?”

“I will be in time,” I answered honestly as I thought about it. Would Danrea agree to come if I did ask her? It would be nice not to have to go to Leia’s wedding alone. I wanted someone to kiss and she was now off limits. I would really have to give it some thought. I planned to give myself a couple of days before talking to Danrea. I suspect we both needed a little space.
    ---------------
    AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover,Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, Gemma, earlybird-obi-wan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I wouldn't go to Hapes if I were him. I am fairly sure the Queen Mother is really pissed. Oh no! Anakin got friend-zoned. :(

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hapes and a pissed queen should be a no. And poor him

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Not a good day, being invited if that's the word by Ta'A Chume :p and friend-zoned by Danrea. Like that expression - :cool: if her daughter's father is really a jerkface though she should let him back in on a conditional basis - like if you screw up again that's it. :rolleyes: Love the support Ani is getting from family. :)

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Friend-zoned [face_thinking] I have an idea on how to play this out, my muse isn't being too co-operative at the moment....

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I tightened up a bolt on my X-wing as I heard Vader beep and twitter attempting to get my attention. I swiped a hand across my forehead as I turned my attention to the droid who was sitting in his socket. “Did it work, Vader?” The droid tweeted and beeped in an excited tone causing me to look at the translator. “Shields increased by fourteen percent and engine speed increased by twenty percent? Perfect, the only thing I need to do now is take her out for a test.”

The upgrade did what it was supposed to do. I couldn’t wait to take the X-wing for a test flight. I closed up the engine compartment and put the tools back into the box I carried with me these days. I kept the box in a small compartment located below the wing. I glanced at my wrist chrono noting it was just past eleven in the morning. There was plenty of time to take the X-wing out before Kay got back from her classes. If I boosted the engines and shields anymore, this X-wing would be considered illegal. Not that I minded. The more shielding the better, I sighed as I looked at the half black and half silver shiny exterior. It reflected the stars making it more difficult to spot the fighter in a dog fight and it made it easier to sneak on and off a planet with.

I put the box into the compartment as I heard someone call out my name. I didn’t recognize the male voice as I picked up the rag and wiped my hands clean. I walked around the X-wing as a man watched me with a frown. “Can I help you with something?” I questioned in a cautious tone.

“Stay away from Danrea and my daughter,” the man answered angrily as I raised an eyebrow in his direction. “I don’t want the likes of you around them.”

I paused for a second as I placed the cloth on my belt. “Last I checked, Danrea had a mind of her own. Does she even know you’re here?”

“No, she doesn’t,” he answered honestly. He was acting on his own free will. “If I find you’ve contacted her…”

“You can dispense with the threats,” I cut him off with a low growl. “I haven’t even had a chance to talk to her since I got back on planet in the past two days. I felt we needed some space. I do plan to say a proper good bye.”

The man pulled a blaster and pointed it at me. “I’ll kill you here and now,” he threatened as I watched him with a frown. Is this guy for real and did he see me such a threat. I lost count on the amount of blasters that have been pointed at me over the years.

I waited to see if he would pull the trigger as I raised my hand as if to deflect the bolt. This time my hands were not bionic. I stretched out with the Force and yanked the blaster from his hand as a shot rang out. I dropped to one knee as I smelled burnt ozone and a brush of air pass over my head. That was a close one I thought as I felt the blaster land solidly into my hand.

The man was ready and pulled a second blaster as I set the blaster in my hand for stun and shot him with a stun bolt. He hit the ground with a solid thud as I walked up to the man who was now stunned. I pulled a pair of cuffs off my belt. I quickly cuffed him as he slowly came around. “The last ex who attempted this with me ended up needing stitches. You should count yourself lucky. You’re under arrest for assaulting a military officer with a weapon,” I pulled the man to his feet as I heard someone running towards me. I turned my attention to Wedge as he raised an eyebrow. “Lock him up, Commander.”

“On what charges, General?” Wedge questioned with a frown.

“Assault with a weapon,” I answered as I commed Leia asking her to meet me at the detention center.

“Yes sir,” Wedge agreed as he pushed the man away. “Let’s go.”

--------------------------
    I stood outside the double sided mirror and watched as Darick paced the room and occasionally threw a glare at the mirror. He refused to speak until his lawyer was present which was fine with me. This just turned from a personal dispute into a serious offence. I prefer to have a lawyer present myself if I was in his position. I sensed Leia walking up behind me as I turned in her direction.

“We found a lawyer willing to take his case,” Leia spoke with a frown as I nodded. “Danrea is on her way. She didn’t sound too happy when I told her what happened.”

“This did start as a personal matter until he pulled a blaster on me turning this into a serious offence,” I pointed out with a frown as Leia nodded in agreement. “I stunned him with his own blaster in self defense.”

“You stunned him instead of hurting him, that’ll lean in your favor,” I heard Mon Mothma speak up from standing behind me. “At least you didn’t beat him up like you did with Clovis.”

“I’m never going to be able to live that down,” I muttered under my breath as Leia walked up to a man in a tux suit, he had a brief case in his hand. Must be the lawyer for Darick. I turned my attention to the hallway as Danrea rounded the corner looking anxious. That caused me to pause as she looked at me with an apologetic expression. “Hi.”

“Hello Anakin, I’m so sorry. I asked Darick not to do this and he promised me he wouldn’t,” Danrea explained with a frown as she rubbed her arm. Her sleeve moved up as I caught sight of bruising on her arm? “Once he gets something in his head…”

I moved towards Danrea and pulled up her sleeves and drew in a sharp breath, she was black and blue as I felt my anger rise. “Leia, take Danrea to the medic and have her examined thoroughly.”

“Dad, I’m ordering you not to enter that room,” Leia commanded causing me to raise an eyebrow. “For your own good, this situation is bad enough without you getting emotionally wound up. I fear you’ll end up doing something you’ll regret. I know what you’re capable of, he doesn’t.”

“I agree with Leia,” Mon Mothma agreed with a serious expression. “Anakin, you’ve come too far to mess this up now. Why don’t you escort Danrea to the med ward and this will give you two a chance to talk without interference from Darick.”

“I’m going to kill you, Skywalker! I challenge you to hand to hand combat!” Darick yelled as the lawyer walked in causing me to spin on my heel. I stalked towards the room ready to answer that challenge as a Lieutentant stepped in front of me.

“Councilor Organa has ordered for you to stay out of this room, General,” the Lieutenant reminded me with a serious expression.

“Anakin, don’t. You have an advantage over him. There’s a difference between physical abuse and knowing how to fight. He doesn’t realize he’ll end up dead if he attempts to attack you,” Leia pleaded as she grabbed my arm. “I’m serious, take Danrea to the med ward and let us handle Darick. Mon’s right, this will give you two a chance to discuss things.”

“I want to take up Darick on his challenge…” I paused for a second as I looked at Danrea as her eyes pleaded with me not too. “Fine, I’ll take Danrea to the med ward.”

Leia gave me a hug as I sensed relief flood off her. She really didn’t want me in that room because she feared of me allowing Vader to take over. I returned the hug and kissed her on the cheek. “Keep me updated.”

“I will,” Leia agreed as I turned to Danrea and nodded towards the exit. She followed me out of the room as I realized something.. Danrea was a nice girl but she was messed up from everything that’s happened to her and I’m attempting to straighten out my own doings. Maybe I am the wrong guy for her.
    ----------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, AzureAngel2, Gemma, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover,

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb turn of events! Danrea realizes what a jerkface her ex is and how decent Anakin is. Hmmm. Maybe they're not right for one another at this moment, but eventually [face_thinking] After she goes through counseling etc. and can handle a healthy caring relationship.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm what a nasty ex