main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Scoundrel Trouble diary challenge Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Title: A Secret Ally: Scoundrel Trouble
    Author Falcon

Notes; This is a continuation of a diary where Anakin Skywalker lives, A Secret Ally is part one and explains how he lives and backs up the Rebellion during ATAB.

Luke Skywalker is directed to where Anakin was growing a clone of himself, Obi-Wan directs Luke in how to transfer his memories from Anakin's old body to his new body.

Here's the continuation of the Story.

I trudged into the apartment as I sensed Fress enter in behind me and I sensed her concern through the Force. I glanced over at Kay with a worried expression. “Fress has offered to take you to school this morning. Don’t drink the water, we don’t know if this virus can jump the species barrier yet nor do we want to find out. It was a long night and I just want to get cleaned up. Have a good day at school, Kay and I love you.”

“I love you too, Ani,” Kay blew me a kiss as I caught it and put in my pocket. I blew one back as she ran out the door.

Skeeter ran out but I used the Force to prevent him from rubbing up against me, the last thing we needed to find out was that I accidentally transferred this virus to him. “Sorry Skeeter, I’ll play with you later. Go lay down,” Skeeter mewed in greeting then jumped on the couch and curled up in a ball purring out loud causing me to smile.

I walked into the bathroom, picked up a bag and prepared to pile my clothing into it. Even though I cleaned up at the med ward earlier this morning, I still didn’t want to take any chances. What I saw happen to those Gamorreans was enough to make even my stomach turn at the thought.
    ----------------
    I woke up to something soft and furry on my chest. I grinned as I petted Skeeter causing the pitton to purr in greeting. “I’m guessing it’s not three yet,” I sat up as he moved off me and sat down beside me on the bed. I glanced at the chrono noting Kay wasn’t due back for another hour. I wondered how she was making out at school. I hoped the kids didn’t give her a rough time. She was a social butterfly and made friends easily.

I patted the little animal on the head before standing up as my stomach growled. “Want something to eat?” Skeeter’s ears perked up as he jumped off the bed and headed out of the bedroom and bolted to the kitchen. I take that as a yes. I walked out of the bedroom and headed into the kitchen as Skeeter hovered around his food bowl. “I get it, you’re hungry. So am I.”

I partially filled Skeeter’s bowl with his afternoon snack as the pitton greedily ate the meal as I started to make myself some eggs and bacon. The door rang causing me to pause as I scanned the Force and sensed Leia on the other side. //The door is open, come on in.//

I heard the door open as Leia walked into the kitchen with a worried expression. “Can I talk to you about something, dad?”

”Sure Leia,” I answered with a small smile as I piled the eggs on a plate and put the bacon on. “If you don’t mind me eating in front of you?”

”Did you just get up?” Leia questioned with a frown as I nodded. “I’m sorry, I’ll come back…”

”None sense,” I gestured to the chair at the table. “Have a seat and tell me what’s on your mind. Would you like some tea?”

Leia nodded as I put a kettle on the stove. I flipped the bacon as she I sensed her fidgeting through the Force. Something was definitely on her mind. “Talk to me, what’s on your mind?”

“I just talked with the Queen from Hapes, she’s offering to help us stop the war,” Leia explained with a worried expression. “She wants me to come and tour her worlds…”

”What does she want in turn?” I questioned with a serious expression. Leading as a Hapes Queen was no walk in the park. I quickly piled the bacon on the plate and turned off the stove. All that was left was the tea kettle to boil.

Leia had a surprised look on her face and shook her head. “I don’t know, she didn’t say.”

”I would be cautious, Leia. The Hapes Queen is not to be trifled with and if she asks for something in return, I would really think it through,” I explained with a serious tone. I heard she has a son about the same age as Leia, if that was the case things could get messy where Han’s feelings for Leia would be a concern. “I do believe she has a son about the same age as you.”

Leia’s jaw dropped open causing me to pause in biting into my piece of bacon. Did I just take her off guard? “You don’t think she’ll want me to marry…”

”It’s possible, it’s how they arrange their royal marriages,” I answered after I finished chewing. “It wouldn’t hurt to check it out, be cautious. There is always someone waiting to kill the Queen of Hapes and to be honest I prefer to see you with Han. Whatever decision you decide to make, I will stand behind you. There is a possibility she maybe wanting you to marry her son.”
    ----------------------

TBC

Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, EGKenobi, earlybird-obi-wan

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update. Why would anybody want the job of Queen of Hapes? There is not much job security. ;)

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, fun starts! ;)

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see this again. Leia should stay with Han

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The teakettle whistled causing me to stand up and grab two cups from the cupboard. I poured water into each cup. Grabbed some tea bags and sugar and walked back to the table and set it down in front of Leia. She picked up a bag and dropped it into her cup. “It may not even be the case, but it might be. If you did chose Prince Isolder, I can’t see Han sticking around anymore.”

“I don’t know if that’s the case,” Leia sighed in frustration as she glanced at me. “I love Han. I can’t hurt him.”

I was silent wondering if this was a topic to bring up. If Isolder knew Leia was already engaged, he may not bother asking. Before another word could be spoken the door opened causing Skeeter to rush to the door. I heard Kay greet Skeeter. Has it been an hour already? I glanced behind me as Kay walked into the kitchen. “How was your first day?”

“It was good,” Kay answered with a weary smile causing me to frown. “I’m tired and want to get a nap in.”

Which to me was bizarre, the kid had an appetite the size of a Wookiee. “Sure, when you get up, do your homework then if you feel up to it we can work on your levitation skills.”

“Sounds good,” Kay quickly kissed me on the cheek then headed to her bedroom causing me to frown.

“That’s strange. Kay is usually hungry around this time of day. I hope she’s feeling all right,” I chewed on my lower lip as Leia watched me with a concerned expression.

“I’m sure she’s fine, being the new kid on the first day can be over whelming,” Leia reassured me with a smile. “Sometimes it takes a week or two to fit in.”

“I hope so,” but my instinct was telling me otherwise. I stirred in a small teaspoon of sugar into my tea as Leia did so with hers. “When will you leave for Hapes?”

“In two days from now,” Leia answered. “I wish you could go with me, but she requested I come alone.”

“Han won’t like that one bit,” I said with a serious expression. That put me on edge as well. My baby girl, in Hapes by herself? I did not like this request at all.

“I’m not going to tell him. I asked Han to help hunt Isard down and that should keep him busy for the time being,” Leia explained causing me raise an eyebrow. “He ships out tomorrow.”

“That is an abuse of power,” I gave her a stern expression causing her to shrug her shoulders. “Leia, I didn’t think you had that in you. No wait, you’re my daughter after all.”

“That’s not funny,” Leia gave me a stern mocking expression. “Dad, I don’t want Han to know. If he did he would demand to go with me.”

“If to at least keep Isolder off you,” I raised my eyebrow and matched her mocking expression. “On the other hand if you want, I could scare him off to the fifth degree.”

“You’re not encasing him into carbonite,” Leia shook her head causing me to smirk.

“We’ll see, I bet he won’t stick around after that,” I grinned teasingly as Leia shook her head sadly. She knew I was kidding but on the other hand, it was tempting. Isolder may have good manners considering who his mother was. On the other hand, I worried about how Han would react. I hoped they didn’t ask Leia to marry Isolder. It would quickly turn into a messy situation.
    ---------------------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, EGKenobi

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yikes, I hope Kay does not have that virus! [face_nail_biting] Loved the continued discussion about Hapes and secrets. ;) And freezing in carbonite -put Ta'A Chume in the hard-freeze more like) [face_laugh]

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Put that scheming mother in carbonite. And nice to see him concerned about Kay and Leia

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The plot bunny bit just reading about Ta'A Chume and carbonite. Thanks Nyota :D :p

Anakin loves his family :) and hmmmmm

Just had a scene play out in my head between Ta'A Chume and Anakin. Might get him into trouble [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Han would definitely want to go with Leia...or else he would want to kidnap her and bring her somewhere romantic...like a planet full of Rancors. Nice update.

Gemma, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I wonder how different this story will be with Anakin defending Han... :D

The queen will be crossed, Han might not be able to kidnap Leia and the Witches of Dathomir... woah, do not tell me Ventress is still alive... [face_nail_biting]

Gemma and Falcon like this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ventress took up the life of a bounty hunter and isn't too bad anymore ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Leia agreed to stay for dinner tonight and we invited Han over. Kay still has yet to emerge from her bedroom and that was beginning to cause me concern. Maybe it’s time to check on her. I glanced at Leia with a worried expression. Kay had come home two hours ago and was asleep the entire time, that wasn’t like her at all. Skeeter has yet to emerge either and that really made me wonder. “I’m going to check to make sure Kay’s okay. This isn’t like her.”

Kay was coming to an age where she was going to start to notice some changes. In another year or so, her hormones will change. I had a feeling that wasn’t it, I wonder if Leia would give Kay the talk and I can avoid that all together? Boys and girls were different at that age and I was a guy and Kay wasn’t. I opened the door and noticed Kay was still lying down. “Kay, dinner is almost ready.”

“Not hungry,” Kay answered causing me to frown.

“Are you feeling all right?” I questioned as my concern grew. I walked to her bed and laid my hand down on her forehead and pulled it back in shock. Her skin was on fire. “You’re burning up, I’ll be right back,” I hurried out of the room as I heard Kay moan in pain causing my heart to stop. I grabbed a thermometer, a bowl for water and a cloth. I filled the bowl with cold water and hurried back to her room. “Stick this under your tongue,” I told her as she opened her mouth.

I took the cloth and wrung it out and applied it to her forehead. The thermometer beeped rapidly as I took it from her mouth. Hundred and three and a half? That was an extremely high fever. “Do you feel any pain?”

“My side hurts,” Kay answered honestly as she rolled over taking the cloth from me and put it back in the bowl.

“I’m going to see if Greg is available to come over, if not we’ll have to rush you to the med ward. You have a high fever,” I explained as I left the bowl on her nightstand. “I’ll be right back.”

I walked out of the room as Leia and Han looked at me with concern. “What’s going on?” Han questioned.

“Kay’s running a temperature,” I answered feeling frustration well up in me. I would rather be sick then her. “She’s complaining about pain in her side,” I answered honestly as I reached for my comlink and punched in Greg’s number.

“Greg here,” Greg answered.

“Greg, it’s Anakin. Kay is running a high fever and is complaining about pain in her side, are you free to come over and take a look? If not I’ll have to run her into the med ward,” I explained with concern in my tone.

“I’ll be right over, Anakin,” Greg answered as he killed the transmission.

“I have a feeling I’m going to be taking her to the med ward before the night is out, depending on what Greg says,” I explained as I walked back to her room. Leia and Han followed closely behind me as I entered in. Skeeter was curled up beside Kay and didn’t seem to want to leave her side. “Greg is on his way over to take a look at you, okay?”

“Ani, don’t leave me,” Kay said as I reached for her hand. “Please don’t go anywhere.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” I answered reassuringly. “I’m right here, whatever you need, okay?” I noticed the cloth still in the bowl as I reached for it and wrung it out. I placed it back on Kay’s forehead.

Han walked to the bed and sat down on the edge and placed his hand on her shoulder. “Hey kiddo, I hear you’re not feeling well. You want to hear something funny?”

“What?” Kay questioned as her interest peeked a little causing me to raise an eyebrow.

“On the Hoth base, Leia kissed her own brother because she was ticked off with me,” Han answered causing Leia to growl and look embarrassed at the same time.

I heard Kay chuckle as I glanced at Leia with a small smile. “That is kind of gross. Was there tongue involved?” Kay questioned in curiosity causing Han to chuckle. “Ewwwwwwwwwww, Leia.”

“In my defense, I didn’t know Luke was my brother at the time,” Leia defended her actions as her cheeks flushed.

“Not your fault,” Kay agreed as a knock sounded at the door. “It’s just funny.”

“Solo, be a good boy and go let Greg in,” I said with a half smug grin causing Han to roll his eyes. He left the room and returned a minute later with Greg in tow.

“How high is the fever?” Greg questioned as I moved aside. Han and Leia left the room as I stood up and backed up giving Greg room to work.

“One hundred and three and a half,” I answered with a worried tone as Greg asked Kay to lay down on her back.

“Where does it hurt, sweetheart?” Greg questioned as Kay placed her hand to lower right abdomen, causing me to curse under my breath. He was going to take her to the med ward for sure at this point. Greg felt around where Kay indicated as he looked at me with urgency in his eyes. “It’s most likely her appendix or she has an infection. I want to take her into the med ward to run tests.”

“I had a feeling you might,” I agreed with a frown as Kay slowly sat up and grimaced. I moved to the bed and picked her up in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I held her and walked to the door. I had a feeling everything was going to be okay, it was the waiting part that usually gets to you.
    -----------------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, EGKenobi, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Leia will never hear the end of that kiss! :p Nice update!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup, definitely the waiting's the hardest part. I'd almost rather it were the appendix than that infection going around.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hope Kay will be alright and loved that about the kiss

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Hi. :)
    The first post... So the Queen of Hapes invited Leia to the Hapes Cluster for a tour... all well and good, unless she wants to marry her son off like in the canon. Ack.

Second post... Seeing as Han kidnapped her in canon rather than losing her entirely, Anakin isn't that far off. Hee! Kay... very funny about her appetite! She's a teenager!

“He ships out tomorrow.”

“That is an abuse of power,” I gave her a stern expression causing her to shrug her shoulders. “Leia, I didn’t think you had that in you. No wait, you’re my daughter after all.”

So, so funny, this exchange. Though... which man was she saying he couldn't put in carbonite? Isolder or Han?

Third post... Kay being ill... ack! And Han, trying to cheer her up with the "let's make the man jealous" kiss! (No one will ever be able to tell me that that wasn't what it was.)

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Poor Leia! The sins of her youth haunting her like that.

Otherwise it was an update with much sweetness! :)

Gemma, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I paced back and forth inside the waiting room to hear how Kay’s surgery was progressing. I was a bit on edge but Greg knew what he was doing and Kay couldn’t be in more capable hands. Leia and Han ate first then met up with me at the med ward. They packed a bag for Kay and brought me dinner. I couldn’t eat, I was sick to my stomach with worry. “What’s taking so long?”

“I’m sure everything is fine,” Leia reassured with a gentle smile. “Why don’t you stop pacing and eat something? You skipped dinner today and you woke up late this afternoon.”

“Not until I know how the surgery for Kay went,” truth be told if something did happen to her. I would know about it before being told. I would sense it through the Force. That didn’t stop me from worrying out of my mind. “I know she’s okay, but I can’t help but worry about her.”

Leia stood up and gently tugged on my arm and led me to sit down beside her. “Take at easy, dad. She’s all right, I can sense that much.”

I wrapped an arm around Leia as she leaned her head onto my chest. “Was my pacing driving you a little nutty?”

“It was driving Han nutty,” Leia answered causing me to smirk. Han glared at me as I had this urge to double my pace on purpose but on the other hand, Leia was leaning against me. I suspect she knew I liked to hold her and was using that to prevent me from pacing in front of Han on purpose.

“Anakin Skywalker?” A familiar voice called out causing me to look up at Greg.

Leia straightened allowing me to stand up and walk to Greg. “How is she?” I questioned feeling a little on edge.

“Kay is in the recovery room, the surgery went well and she is expected to make a full recovery. I want her resting for the rest of the week. It’ll take a couple of days for the drugs to clear her system, once they do we’ll release her. She can return to school the beginning of next week. I’ll call them to let them know what happened and why she’s not there if you want?”

“No it’s okay, I can do that, thanks Greg,” I smiled feeling relief flood me as my stomach growled. Greg raised an eyebrow as if to say not again. “Leia did bring me something to eat, so maybe this is a good time to eat. When can I see Kay?”

“After you eat first,” Greg answered with a serious expression causing me to smile sheepishly. “She won’t wake for another hour, you might as well eat now then you can be there when she wakes up.”

“That sounds like a plan to me,” I agreed as Leia walked to me and handed the container over. “Thanks Leia,” I accepted the container with a smile. “Time to go and heat this up,” I paused for a second and smiled gratefully at Greg. “I really appreciate you taking care of Kay during this emergency. I’m very amazed by your kindness.”

“You’re welcome, Anakin,” Greg smiled back. “When you called, I thought she had that virus that was detected in the drinking water. So far it hasn’t jumped the species barrier and they are in the process of disinfecting the water supply. I’m glad this was something that already has a solution.”

“If you’re not busy this weekend, why don’t you come over and bring your girlfriend with you. I’ll cook you a meal as a thank you,” I offered with a smile.

“Your famous ribs?” Greg questioned with a hopeful smile.

“Sure, whatever you want and I’ll cook it,” I agreed with a smile as Greg grinned.

“I’ll have to check with Melly, but it’s a yes from me,” Greg agreed with a smile. “I better go check on Kay, to see how she’s doing.”

I nodded in agreement as Greg disappeared between the two blue doors as I headed towards the café hoping to find a heating unit there. There should be a place to heat food up around here somewhere. At least I knew Kay was all right. It’s a shame it had to happen on her first day of school, there was nothing that could be done about it. Things happen.
    -----------------------------
    I held onto Kay’s hand as she continued to sleep off the anesthetic. Greg had reassured me she should be waking up anytime now, she needed her rest so it maybe a while. I was the only one Greg allowed back here. As soon as Kay was more aware of her surroundings, then Greg planned to move her into a room that would allow her more visitors. I gently laid my free hand on her forehead and noted she felt far cooler now then she did earlier this afternoon. I felt relief flood me knowing that her fever was on the verge of breaking.

A slight moan brought me out of my thoughts as I focused on Kay as she turned her head towards me and blinked a few times. “Ani?”

“How are you feeling?” I questioned with a concerned expression as Kay smiled slightly. A good sign I thought to myself.

“The pain isn’t as bad anymore, I'm just sore” Kay answered honestly as her eyes closed halfway. “Greg explained to me why the surgery was necessary.”

“You’ll be on bed rest for the rest of the week and can go back to school next week,” I explained with a frown. “I’ll have to call the school and let them know what happened. Appendicitis is something that can happen quickly on someone. It’s nothing new to the medics here. You should rest.”

“I will,” Kay promised as she yawned then smiled. “I love you, Ani.”

“I love you, Kay,” I returned in a loving tone. “I’m relieved you’ll be fine,” I stood up and leaned over the bed and kissed Kay on the forehead. “Get some rest, I’m going to let Greg know you’re awake. All right? I won’t be far.”

“I know,” Kay closed her eyes and fell back asleep causing me to smile. I had a feeling when she begged me not to go anywhere she was just scared and didn’t want to be alone. Her answer reassured me that she wasn’t quite as scared now.

I walked out of the room as Greg looked up from filling out flimsy plasts. “She was awake for a few minutes and seemed aware of her surroundings.”

“Good, as soon as I talk with her I’ll consider moving her into another room,” Greg said with a relieved smile. “I told Melly what happened and she’ll let the principal know what happened. You should call them in the morning, but at least Melly is aware and can tell the principal first thing in the morning. That should give you time to sleep. She loves the idea of coming over this weekend for dinner.”

“Thanks Greg, I appreciate that. Glad to hear she’ll be joining us,” I smiled as Greg stood up and walked into the room Kay was in. I turned on my comlink and dialed in Leia’s comlink. “Leia, it’s Anakin. Kay is awake and is going to be fine.”

“That’s good to hear, Dad. I’ll let Han know,” Leia answered. “I fed Skeeter so you don’t have to worry about him. I’ll call in the morning. Night dad.”

“Night Leia. I love you,” I said before Leia killed the transmission. I felt my eyes begin to close and I knew I was on the verge of passing out. I needed sleep. I turned back towards the door as Greg pushed the bed out with Kay on it. She seemed even more awake now then she did a few minutes ago. I smiled as Kay looked at me with a frown.

“You look tired, Anakin,” Kay commented as Greg looked at me and nodded in agreement. “Go home and get some sleep. I’m okay.”

Kay was going to be just fine, I thought with a small grin. She just gave me permission to go home and crash. That was a really good sign on her part. I was tired enough to flag a landspeeder taxi. “I’ll be back in the morning to check on you. Leia fed Skeeter so I don’t have to worry about him.”

“Kiss him for me?” Kay questioned as she batted her eyelids in a teasing manner causing me to smile again.

“I’ll pet him for you,” I answered as Kay grinned and lay back down. “Night Kay.”

“Night Ani.”

I walked out the med ward feeling down right beat and exhausted. I flagged down a land speeder taxi and hoped in and gave him the address. I leaned my head back as my eyes closed. Everything was going to be okay.
    ---------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, EGKenobi, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Yay for Kay not having the virus!!!! (Did she have appendicitis?)

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_relieved] Yay for a successful surgery and a fixable solution. Nice family moments full of warmth and teasing. You really are toppers at the mix. :D

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, the surgery went well.
    Now Anakin can rest

Falcon likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I like his concern & empathy for others a lot. He seems to be full of light & love.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stared at the chrono as I felt something lying on top of me, it was most likely Skeeter. If Kay wasn’t around then the little Pitton seemed to curl up on me. I moved my arms up and gently pushed the animal to the side so I could sit up. It was just past eleven in the morning. Skeeter sat up and watched me with interest. “Come on, I bet you’re hungry. Kay will be home in a couple of days,” I said as I petted the animal causing him to purr. Skeeter jumped off the bed and walked out the door. I stood up and followed the animal out to the kitchen. I filled his water and food bowl then headed to the holo field. I glanced down and noticed I had a couple of messages waiting for me.

I hit the play button as the principal from Kay’s school appeared on the holo. “Good morning, Anakin. I suspect you maybe still sleeping. Nurse Melly gave me a briefing on what happened last night. We will look forward to Kay returning to school when she’s healed. Tell Kay we wish her a speedy recovery and to get well soon. No need to call me back until she’s ready to return. Have a wonderful day.”

That was nice of her, I thought to myself with a small smile. At least I didn’t have to worry about calling the school this morning. The second message played as Mr Trenton, the social worker who was keeping tabs on Kay’s developments during the adoption process frowned. “Mr Skywalker, I’m under the impression from Ms Benton that Kay failed to show up to school this morning. Give us a call back when you get this message.”

I frowned wondering if they talked to Ms Benton before she talked to Melly. They seemed to be keeping tight tabs on Kay. I quickly dialed in the number as Trenton looked up with a frown. “Kay had emergency surgery last night. Her appendix was inflamed. When my medic clears Kay she will be back to school. When did you call the school this morning?”

“Eight this morning,” Mr. Trenton answered with a frown. I glanced down at the time Ms. Benton called and noted it was eight thirty when she called. She must’ve talked to Melly shortly after Trenton called the school. “I’m sorry to hear Kay’s sick. It sounds like you did what was best for her last night. How is she doing?”

“She was a little more awake when I left last night and seemed to be a little better, and I haven’t had a chance to check on her this morning. I just got up actually, I went to bed late last night,” I answered honestly. “My medic told me it will be a couple of days before they will release her from the med ward.”

“We will be checking with the med ward to get the report of her surgery, this will help speed up the adoption process. Everything will be said and done by late next week. Expect someone to show up at your place by early next week with the final papers to sign. Kay is your daughter now. Congratulations. Send along my wishes that she gets well soon and has a speedy recovery.”

“Thank you,” I stood there feeling stunned that this would help speed up the process. “I will pass that along to Kay,” Trenton killed the transmission, as I felt exhilarated at the news. Everything will be said and done by late next week? I was expecting this to be done in two months from now. I turned back to the kitchen intent to eat, change and leave for the med ward.
    ------------------------------------
    I walked into Kay’s room as I heard Ahsoka talking to her. Rex glanced at me with a slight smile. “Morning Kay, Rex, Ahsoka.”

“Morning Ani,” Ahsoka returned with a smile. “It sounds like you had some excitement last night.”

“Excitement isn’t the word I would use. I was sick out of mind,” I answered honestly as Kay looked up from the lunch she was scarfing down. “I’m just glad she’s going to be all right, I was beginning to wonder what happened to my hungry pre-teen last night.”

Kay smirked as she glanced at Ahsoka then back to me again. “Took a vacation I think.”

“I’m relieved to see you in better spirits this afternoon, Ms. Benton and Mr. Trenton send along their wishes to get well soon and for a speedy recovery,” I smiled gently as Kay grinned then continue to scarf down her lunch.

“Luke and Leia were here earlier,” Kay said with a grin. “So were Jess, Fress, and Han. They came to see how I was doing, and Fress brought me chocolate.”

Why do I have this feeling Kay’s already eaten it. “And how did the chocolate taste?” I questioned with a raised brow.

“Don’t know,” Kay answered as she pointed to the box. “I was waiting for you to come before eating some of it. I wanted to share it with you.”

“That’s sweet of you, Kay,” I walked over and picked up the box and handed it to her. “Did you want to find out now?”

Kay grinned as she tore the wrapper off and lifted the lid up. It looked like a mixture of different kinds. You just never knew what you would get when biting into one. Kay took one and bit into it and grinned. “They’re the caramel ones, they’re my favorite.”

I smiled as I took one and ate it. The chocolate melted in my mouth and I knew Fress spent a pretty credit on these. “These are really good,” I agreed as Kay ate two more then put the lid back on.

“Anakin, what’s this I hear about Leia going to the Hapes system?” Rex questioned with a frown causing me to frown.

“She got invited out there by the Queen,” I answered honestly. “I honestly don’t like this request. She deliberately shipped Han out this morning so he wouldn’t find out.”

“Really?” Ahsoka questioned with a raised brow. “That’s pretty sneaky. Even for her.”

“She’s a politician, Ahsoka,” I pointed out with a frown. “Obi-Wan have always said politicians are not to be trusted. I just didn’t think she had that in her.”

Rex smirked as he clipped me on the shoulder. “Remember what Leia used to do in the Imperial Senate before you caught her. She was sending information to the Alliance since the day she got elected.”

”She really is Padme’s daughter, isn’t she? Mine too. I see a lot of me in her as well,” I answered with a grin. “She’s my girl. If she gets into trouble on Hapes, then someone will have to watch Kay here.”

”No worries, Ani,” Ahsoka said with reassurance in her tone. “We can look after Kay if it came down to it.”

“Thanks Ahsoka,” I turned my attention to Kay with a smile. “I invited Greg and Melly over for the weekend to say thank you. I’m going to cook them a nice dinner.”

”That’s a good idea, since you interrupted his date with her,” Kay explained with a frown.

”I know,” I felt guilt rush through me at the thought. Greg was a great friend and I panicked when I called him. He seemed to put Kay first as he does with all his patients. “He’s a great friend, and it’s the least I can do for interrupting them.”

“You have to also remember that Greg was on call that day, he was taking his chance with the date,” Rex pointed out with a frown. “He knew he could get pulled away at the last minute and he’s dating someone who understands that as well. She always puts the kids first at the school and understands that Greg’s patients lives depend on him. They’re perfect for each other.”

“That’s true,” I agreed with a small smile. Greg was hired into this med ward a couple of days ago and being my personal medic for years got him put on call duty right away. “I have some other news. Trenton told me to expect someone at my apartment early next week with the final papers to sign for Kay’s adoption. He told me that Kay is officially my daughter as of the end of next week.”

“Congrats Ani, that’s wonderful news,” Ahsoka said as she stepped forward and gave me a hug.

”That’s great news, Anakin,” Rex said with a smile. “I’m happy for you and Kay.”

”Really Anakin?” Kay questioned with a grin. “I thought it was two months from now?”

”That’s what I thought, but he said this proved to them that I have your health and best interests at heart. It’s going to speed up the process,” I answered with a smile. “He called this morning wondering why you weren’t at school, but I suspect he talked to Ms. Benton before she even knew what took place last night.”

“That would make sense,” Kay smiled as I stepped forward and hugged her.

”I love you, Kay. I’m relieved you’re going to be fine. I was worried sick out of my mind last night,” I whispered to her.

”I love you too, Ani,” Kay whispered back as I heard someone clear his throat. I stood up and turned towards the door and saw Trenton standing there.

”Kay, how are you feeling?” Mr. Trenton questioned as he walked into the room.

“Better now, thanks. My fever broke halfway through the night,” Kay answered with a smile.

“That’s good to hear, I came down to get the papers from the medward. Anakin, they told me that you would be able to release them to me,” Mr. Trenton spoke with a slight smile. “Privacy matters.”

”Yes, I will make the arrangements,” I agreed with a small smile. I turned my attention to Kay. “I’ll be back in a few minutes, this shouldn’t take too long.”

Kay smiled with a nod as she leaned back against the bed. “I know, Ani.”

I stepped out of the room and followed Trenton down towards Greg’s office. I smiled knowing Greg was just following protocol and I had a feeling I would have to sign something to release the records. I was prepared to do anything to make sure this adoption went off without a hitch.
    -----------------------------
    AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, EGKenobi, DaenaBenjen42,

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic news on the adoption front. =D= Great chat about Leia, etc. And caramel chocolates are also my faves, that and toffee. :)

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, I fully agree with Nyota's Heart. Kay and Ani are great together

Falcon and AzureAngel2 like this.