main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Scoundrel Trouble diary challenge Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 5, 2015.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun to see Ventress in the mix and helping them

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I tightened up the bolt and swiped a hand across my forehead to clear the beading sweat off. I slowly made my way out of the crawl space as Han walked up to me. I sensed we were running out of time and the Nightsisters were on the move. I could sense their dark presences getting closer as the time went by. We were running out of time to get the Falcon off planet. “That should do it, we can go ahead and add the coolant in.”

“Thanks for helping, Anakin,” Han said with a relieved smile. “I’m glad you and Luke are good at repairs.”

“You’re welcome,” I said as I wrapped an arm around Han’s shoulders. “Come on, let’s go find Luke and go rescue Leia,” I said as I heard Chewie roar an enquiry about the coolant situation. “Go ahead and pour it in, we’re good to go.”

I heard an acknowledgement as Ventress walked up to me. I can sense tension in her causing me to frown. “What’s wrong?”

“Luke was near the ramp, he gripped the back of his back and passed out,” Ventress answered causing shock to rush through me as I rushed to the ramp and ran down it.

Luke was awake and was gripping his head and back causing me to kneel in front of him. “Luke, what’s going on?”

“It’s Leia,” Luke answered as pain crossed his face. “She’s in pain. I think Zsinj has her.”

“You think or you know?” I questioned as concern washed over me. Luke and Leia shared a bond, and what she felt he would feel and vice versa. “Luke, concentrate on Leia. What do you sense? You might be able to pick up on her thoughts. Just block the pain that you’re feeling from her.”

I sensed Luke stretching out for Leia as Zsinj entered my mind. I felt Leia reach back out to both of us. A scene entered my mind. Leia was standing with a defiant stance in front of Zsinj as Zsinj asked Leia to call for me. She refused as Zsinj had someone grab Leia from behind. I stood beside the bed she was tied on as someone whipped her back. I broke contact not being able to watch anymore as I felt my anger surge. I opened my eyes to see Fress and Ahsoka watching me as I gripped my head. “Zsinj has Leia. And he’s tormenting her. We have to go.”

“Not without a plan first,” Ahsoka reminded me as she helped me to my feet. Fress was helping Luke to his feet.

“We get into contact with the Executer and the Rebel, we ask the squads to run enough interference around Zsinj’s destroyer allowing us to sneak the Falcon onto the Hand. Han, you and Chewie stay with the ship, Fress and Ahsoka you’re on the cannons. We’ll come back later for the X-wings. Ventress and I can handle getting Leia out. Make sure we take Artoo with us, he can bypass security locks if we need him too. There is hand wired hard codes in every destroyer that even Zsinj is unaware of. I can use that to lower the shields for us to slip through.”

“How does that work? If they are hand wired in?” Ventress questioned causing me to shake my head.

“They respond to a Force sensitive’s touch, these are special ones that no one knows about unless you’re Force sensitive. If there are others, I’m unaware of them,” I explained causing Ventress to nod in agreement. “Are you okay with helping me get Leia back?”

“Of course, you have my word, Skywalker,” Ventress answered as I looked at Luke.

“Don’t worry, dad, I’m okay with that decision. As long as we get Leia back, I trust your judgment,” Luke answered causing me to nod.

“Are you sure he’s your kid?” Ventress questioned causing me to smirk. “He’s not demanding, or cocky and pretty accepting.”

“I think there was a mix up. I would’ve demanded to go and defied that order, he’s lacking my temper too,” I joked causing Ventress to raise an eyebrow in disbelief. “He has my mother’s temperament.”

“Hard to believe,” Ventress teased causing me to roll my eyes. She didn’t know Shmi at all. “We should get going.”

“Yes we should,” I agreed as Han and Chewie walked up to me.

“Anakin, Chewie and I talked it over. He has agreed you can be co-pilot for me for this mission,” Han spoke with a slight smile.

“Thank you, Chewie,” I said with a grateful smile.

Chewie huffed and growled lightly. ~*If we need this plan to work, you need to up front not me. *~

Chewie did understand where I needed to be if we were to pull this off. I walked to the co-pilot chair as Han slid into the pilots seat and brought the engines off standby. I heard Fress and Ahsoka confirm they were ready in the cannons. Ventress and Luke sat down in the chairs sitting behind our seats. As Han pulled the Falon into the air, I noticed the Nightsisters beginning their attack causing guilt to rush through me. I wish I could help but I suspect Mother Augwynne had others fighting back. More sisters had heard about the coming confrontation and came to help from near by clans. Hold on Leia, we’re coming.

earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, Gemma, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper and intense! Things are really coming together!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    To the rescue. Love Ventress

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I looked at the readings from the planet below causing me to frown. The temperature had dropped 15 degrees since they lifted off the planet. That was odd, something wasn’t right. Didn’t Barukka say I was going to be the reason the planet got destroyed? It couldn’t be that simple, Zsinj did something. I was almost positive of it. “Temperature is dropping rapidly on the planet.”

“It’s never gotten that low before,” Ventress observed as she leaned over my shoulder to take a look.

I noticed something off to the side causing me to frown. “Solo, let me take over the Falcon. I think I know what Zsinj has in mind,” I said as Han slid out of the pilots seat as I sat down taking over the controls. I pushed the Falcon towards the shadow looking object I spotted earlier and unleashed a shot. There was a small explosion but the darkness over the planet has yet to lift. I continued to circle around as I sensed the next object and let lose more bolts. For the next five minutes I circled the planet until all of them were destroyed.

I looked at the readouts noting the temperature began to rise and the odd shadow was lifted. I steered the Falcon down and around towards the Hand as I contacted Wedge and Jess. “Shadow Leader and Rogue Leader, how about a little interference near the entrance of the destroyer?”

“You got it, Falcon,” Wedge answered quickly as I heard Fress and Ahsoka use the cannons on the Falcon. “You heard the General, boys, let’s get to it.”

I slowed the Falcon as I closed my eyes and reached out my hand. “Fress, Ahsoka, keep the TIES off us,” I heard acknowledgments as I sensed the hand wired controls in the Destroyer. I moved the wire to the left as the shields lowered. I opened my eyes and moved the Falcon in as the shields were raised behind me again. I landed the ship and stood up. “Ventress, you and I are going on a retrieval mission. Han, keep the engines on standby, as soon as we have Leia we will have a very slim window to get out of here.”

Han nodded in agreement as I moved to the back as Ventress followed behind me. Artoo rolled up behind me as I walked down the ramp. “Artoo, I need you to tap into the computer and find out where they’re holding Leia,” I heard Artoo beep in agreement as we walked up to an unguarded computer. I could be wrong, but I suspect Zsinj is expecting me to drop in unannounced. Artoo beeped excitedly causing me to look at the screen. “Good job Artoo. Stay here in case I need you to pick locks for me.”

Artoo beeped in agreement as I unhooked my lightsaber from my belt as Ventress unhooked hers. We ran for the turbo lift, Leia was five floors up in the interrogation room. I was going to kill Zsinj either while on the Hand or I lodged a torpedo into the hanger bay blowing up the ship. Whichever came first. As we entered the turbo lift as I looked at Ventress and shook my head. “Either he has no clue I’m here or this is a trap to get to me.”

“It does seem too easy, doesn’t it?” Ventress questioned with a frown. “You’re going to kill him, aren’t you?”

I didn’t say a word and gave a silent nod as the lift stopped on the fifth floor. “Either on the Destroyer or I drop a torpedo under the shields,” I explained as we rushed to the room Leia was in. I leaned against the door and heard Leia whimpering in pain on the other side. I felt my anger rise as I slowly opened the door and stepped through.

Zsinj turned in my direction as I saw the pain in Leia’s eyes. “You’re a dead man,” I growled angrily as Zsinj nodded to storm troopers who stepped towards me. I stretched out with my mind and pushed the troopers against the wall. I stepped towards Zsinj as I turned on my lightsaber.

“Dad, don’t” Leia said causing me to pause as Ventress rushed forward pushing her lightsaber through Zsinj’s chest.

“That saves me from having to do it,” I looked at Ventress as she hooked her lightsaber back onto her belt. “That was my job.”

“I’m sorry, was your name written on his uniform?” Ventress questioned as I stepped in beside the bed Leia was lying down on and gently turned her over onto her stomach. Ventress handed me some clean bandages as I wrapped them around her back.

“What did he do to you to make you want to kill him?” I questioned as I lifted Leia into my arms. Leia wrapped her arms around my neck as I held her close to me.

“I’m collecting on a bounty,” Ventress answered causing me to frown.

“That’s why you’re here,” I said as Leia moaned a little causing me to turn my attention to my daughter. My heart jumped into my throat knowing she was in a lot of pain and there wasn’t much I could do for her at the moment. “Did you want to be pushed into a healing trance, Leia?”

Leia didn’t answer right away as I noticed her watching Ventress with a frown. “Who are you?”

“This is Ventress, she was Dooku’s sith apprentice during the clone wars. Ventress and I have had our fair run ins with each other from opposite sides of the enemy line,” I explained with a frown. “She’s considered a friend these days.”

“You look like your mother,” Ventress observed causing Leia to smile slightly.

“I’ve heard that quite a bit from those who knew her during the clone wars,” Leia commented with a frown. “You’re helping, dad then? I can sense you want something.”

“We’ll talk about that later, Leia,” I said as we continued to make our way towards the turbo lift. “She does want something, a pardon for her war crimes.”

“I’ll write up the papers once we get back,” Leia promised causing me to smile. “That was a long time ago, Ventress. It doesn’t matter anymore.”

“Good to hear,” Ventress gave a smile as her comlink went off. She answered it as the captain for Zsinj’s Hand appeared causing me to frown. “All done, and Skywalker is with me.”

I stopped walking feeling cold settle on the inside as I watched her with a guarded expression. “What’s going on, Ventress?”

“That’s the other part of the surprise,” Ventress answered as she looked at me. “The Hand is being turned over to the New Republic. The captain was my contact. He’s getting revenge against Zsinj and Palpatine for killing his family. We should take Leia to the med ward here and….”

“I’ll be taking her to the Executer’s medward, thanks,” I said as Ventress shrugged her shoulders.

“Let me talk to him,” I heard the Captain’s voice say as Ventress lifted her wrist towards me. “General Skywalker, I know you don’t trust me. I’m sorry for the way your daughter got treated. As the Alliance trusted you after you defected, I’m asking for that same trust. The medics on board have been informed to expect you with Leia. It’s up to you if you want to stay or not. If you decide not to stay, you can leave freely.”

“And what about the rest of the Hand’s crew?” I questioned with a frown.

“They helped pitch in the credits to pay for Ventress’s fees,” the captain answered as I felt shock rush through me. The scary thing about this, I can sense the captain was telling the truth.

“I can sense he’s telling the truth, dad,” Leia spoke causing me to look at her.

“I can sense it too,” I agreed with a frown. “We should get word out to the rest of the fleet that Zsinj is dead and there’s a truce being called aboard the Hand. It’s up to you, Leia. Did you want to get on board the Executer or be treated here?” I questioned as Leia closed her eyes.

“”Be treated here,” Leia answered as I nodded. “Captain, on behalf of the New Republic, I welcome your ship and your crew. They will be given a choice if they want to sign up with the Republic or go home. It’ll be up to each individual.”

“Thank you, Princess, I’ll inform the crew of their choice.”

“We’ll be down in the med ward shortly,” I told the captain. If he wanted the trust, I guess it couldn’t hurt to let him have that trust.

“Thank you, General. I appreciate this,” the captain said with a frown.

“I’ll be up on the bridge shortly to let the New Republic forces know what’s going on,” I said with a frown as we stepped into the turbo lift.

“I’ll be expecting you,” the captain said before breaking contact.

“That explains the ease of this whole mission. You couldn’t warn me sooner?” I questioned as we stepped off the turbo lift and headed towards the med bay level.

“He asked me not too, and I don’t break a clients trust,” Ventress explained with a frown. “You have my word, this is not a trick. I’m looking for a pardon Skywalker and tricking you will only…”

“I get it,” I said with a small smile. “Tricking me would ruin your chance,” I finished for her as we walked into the med ward as a medic pushed a hoverbed towards me. I laid Leia down as she grimaced as I leaned over and gently kissed her forehead. “I’ll be back later to check on you.”

“I know,” Leia smiled as she reached for hand. “I love you, dad.”

“I love you too, sweetheart,” I released Leia’s hand as the medics rushed her into the bacta tank room. I watched her go as Ventress walked towards the exit. I turned around and stepped in beside Ventress as we headed towards the bridge. It was time to let everyone know what had taken place.
    ----------------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Gemma, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 and Jedi_Lover like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool turn of events! =D= A nice way to forge a truce and prove trustworthiness.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great action and nice to see Leia saved

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I missed a lot of excitement while I hung around at the German North Sea coast, watching sheep, sand dunes and the waves.

It is cool that you brought back a sassy Ventress who might even get a pardon here! Yeah to that!

Come to the light side for we have true friendship, dedication & a lot of funny banter.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stepped onto the bridge as Captain Brenton turned towards me with a smile. I gave a tight smile back as Ahsoka and Fress walked up behind me. Han and Chewie decided to stay in the med ward until Leia came out of the bacta dunk. “Captain, may I present my company, Jedi Master Fress Colias and Jedi Master Ahsoka Tano.”

“Welcome aboard the Brawl,” Brenton said with a slight smile. “Thank you for placing your trust in me. The crew and I appreciate it.”

Ventress was standing beside Brenton with a neutral expression on her face as I glanced at Ahsoka. “We should get into touch with the New Republic and let Mon Mothma know what’s going on.”

“Did you want to make the call or did you want to do it? Or are you still trying to avoid her?” Ahsoka questioned causing me to raise an eyebrow.

“Still trying to avoid her,” I answered honestly causing Ahsoka to smirk. “Shove it Snips before I hurt you.”

“Is that anyway to treat an old friend, Sky Guy?” Ahsoka questioned with a smug grin. “I’ll place the call but you owe me.”

“Fine,” I agreed with a tight smile as Ahsoka moved off to the communications area.

Fress walked up behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Don’t worry, Anakin, I have a feeling things will turn out well in the end. Now that Isolder seems to be not interested in Leia anymore.”

“Right, but Mon doesn’t know that yet,” I explained with a frown as Ahsoka walked back with a grin on her face. “Ahsoka, what’s with the grin?”

“Relax Sky Guy,” Ahsoka said with a small smile. “Mon is pleased to hear we captured the Brawl and is now in the New Republic’s possession.”

“What did you tell her?” I questioned causing Ahsoka to frown. “That’s not even how it happened. Is she still mad?”

“Relax Anakin,” Ahsoka said with a toothy grin. “I told her how it happened. And she’s okay with this, besides, I’m not the one she’s mad at, at the moment.”

I shook my head sadly as I glanced at Brenton who was listening to the exchange with interest. I could sense something was wrong, but I didn’t think it had to do with the current situation or what I did to the Queen. Maybe Danrea changed her mind.

“Ani?” Fress questioned as I felt a hand on my shoulder. “You’re spacing out, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know yet,” I answered honestly. Fress didn’t look like she believed me but seemed to drop it for now as my comlink went off. I answered it as I heard Han’s voice.

“Leia is out of the bacta tank and will make a full recovery,” Han said causing me to give a slight smile. “She should wake up within the hour.”

“I’ll be down there shortly, thanks Han,” I answered with a small smile as Fress glanced at Ahsoka and nodded. “I want to head to the med ward shortly….” I paused for a second as I noticed both were now watching me closely. “What?”

“Anakin, the last time you said you didn’t know, was just before you ended up bombing the Jedi Temple,” Fress reminded me with a stern expression causing me to curse under my breath. “I can sense some turmoil in you through the Force. What’s wrong?”

“Besides worrying about Leia?” I questioned hoping that both will drop it.

“I don’t think that’s it,” Fress said as she glanced at Ahsoka. “What do you think, Ahsoka?”

“I don’t believe that,” Ahsoka answered with a raised brow. “I think we need to tie him to the chair until we get the truth from him. Or did you forget, Anakin, that you can’t lie to a Force sensitive?”

“Must’ve slipped my mind,” I answered with a raised brow as Fress stepped forward causing me to take a step back. “Now wait a minute, girls, I thought you were going to drop…”

”Nope,” Fress cut me off and shook her head sadly causing me to raise an eyebrow. “I want the truth this time, Anakin. You’re worried about something, what is it?”

“Right here on the bridge?” I questioned with a raised brow challenging both with a frown. “In front of everyone?”

“I suppose we could go tell Leia that something is bothering you, and you won’t talk to us. Maybe she can get you to open up instead,” Fress challenged with a raised brow. “It’s that or here, your choice.”

I sighed in frustration as Ahsoka pushed a chair up behind me as I sat down and crossed my arms. “Leia just came out of a bacta dunk, I’m not about to lie this on her.”

“Talk to me, Anakin,” Fress encouraged as she placed a hand onto my shoulder again. “I can sense it. Something is wrong. I don’t want to have to deal with Vader again.”

“I don’t know exactly what yet,” I answered honestly as I looked at Fress with a frown. “I sense something in the Force, and I just feel that maybe Danrea may break it off with me.”

“Can you see yourself with her in five years from now?” Fress questioned in a soft tone.

“I don’t know, I haven’t had time to give it much thought,” I answered as Fress nodded in understanding. At first I had convinced myself it wasn’t going to work out. I’m not too sure about where we stood at the moment. She could decide to break it off with me at any given time. I realized Fress was waiting for me to say something further. I sighed in frustration and shook my head. “I’ll have to give it some thought and meditate on it. I do promise you one thing. You will never have to deal with Vader never again. I accept he will always be a part of me, that I will never be completely rid of him.”

“Just take your time with this and accept whatever happens. She may not even be the one Padme was talking about,” Fress gently spoke. “Relationships take time. We’ll be here if things don’t work out.”

“I know,” I looked up at Fress before standing up to my full height. “I want to go check on Leia. I’m sure you and Ahsoka are more than capable of handling things for a bit.”

Fress nodded as I walked off the bridge and headed towards the med ward. I could sense Leia slowly becoming aware of her surroundings making me want to run. I wanted to be there when she woke up.
    ---------------
    I sat down beside Leia’s bedside taking up her hand into mine as her head turned in my direction. I gently squeezed her hand as her eyes opened and focused on me. I gently smiled as she smiled back. “How are you feeling?”

“A little sore, but okay,” Leia answered as I gently laid my free hand on her forehead. “It’s not your fault. I decided this on my own. I didn’t mean to make you worry.”

“I’m a parent, Leia. Of course I’m going to worry,” I said with a smile. “I’m thankful you’re going to be okay.”

Leia smiled as I leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. “I love you, sweetheart. Never doubt that.”

Han walked in as I looked up with a frown as he stepped in beside the bed. I reached for Han’s hand and placed it into Leia’s hand. “Take care of her and treat her the way she deserves to be treated.”

“I promise, Anakin,” Han said with a relieved smile as Leia turned her attention to Han with a loving smile. “Leia deserves to be treated like a queen.”

“Dad, will you give me away?” Leia questioned as I nodded with a smile.

“I would be honored too,” I answered with a proud. “But first I want to spend time with you and Luke before everything changes. Your grandmother wants to meet you. We have to make a trip to Naboo.”

“I still have a grandmother?” Leia questioned with an excited smile as I nodded. “Sounds good. Still trying to avoid, Mon?”

“Let’s go to Naboo first,” I suggested causing Leia to shake her head sadly. “We can use your current condition as an excuse for you to recover properly.”

“All right,” Leia agreed causing me to smile proudly as she reached her free hand for mine. “Dad, don’t worry about Mon and what you did to the Queen. I’ll take care of it.”

“I still owe her an apology but I want an apology for her taking out that contract on your and Han,” I spoke with small smile as Leia shook her head.

“I can’t make any promises on that, but you apologizing would help ease things,” Isolder spoke up from the door of the room.

“How did it go on the planet?” I questioned in curiosity as Isolder walked in followed by Teneniel Ka. They seemed to be joined at the hip. “Did you make up your mind on who you want to court?”

”I have and we won,” Isolder answered as he took Teneniel’s hand into his. “Leia’s heart belongs to the smuggler, and it is unfair of me to intervene as I have. My apologies to everyone, I stepped out of bounds. Teneniel has accepted my proposal and agreed to be my queen.”

“Congratulations to you both,” I said with a grin. “Now how do I approach your mother?”

Isolder stopped and shook his head with a frown. “Let me handle her. We plan to join the New Republic regardless of who has done what. She was out of line hiring the assassin to take Leia and Han out with.”

“I am pleased to hear that, Prince Isolder,” Leia gave a welcoming smile. “Welcome to the New Republic.”

“Thank you, Princess Leia,” Isolder accepted with the smile. “I’ll fix up the misunderstanding between your father and my mother.”

Maybe Isolder wasn’t that bad after all. At least he had good sense as to what was right and wrong despite his mother raising him. Maybe he took after his father more? “I appreciate your assistance, Prince Isolder.”

“Thank you for putting my mother in her place, it’s well over due,” Isolder said with a small grin as I heard a loud angry how dare you come from the hallway causing everyone to look at the doorway. The Queen of Hapes was standing there heaving in anger. Whether I like it or not, I couldn’t avoid this forever.I wondered if I forgot to tell Brenton to keep the queen off the Brawl.

TBC

Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, Gemma, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan

@

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful stuff with the poltical and personal situations.

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice conversation. I don't know which is the worse nickname: Ani or Sky Guy? [face_thinking]

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “I’ll have to give it some thought and meditate on it. I do promise you one thing. You will never have to deal with Vader never again. I accept he will always be a part of me, that I will never be completely rid of him.”

He matured a lot. Parenthood does that to a person. :)

Falcon likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the discussions and the tender moments between Anakin and Leia

AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ta'Chume vs Anakin Skywalker round two [​IMG]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    “Thank you for putting my mother in her place, it’s well over due,” Isolder said with a small grin.

“How dare you, Isolder,” the Queen snapped causing everyone to look towards the door as she stood there, her shoulders were heaving in anger.

It appears I forgot to tell Brenten to not allow the Queen on the Brawl. I turned my attention to Isolder as he raised an eyebrow. I wonder how well he could stand up to his mother at this point? Now I was just plain curious.

“I dare mother,” Isolder answered with a firm tone. “General Skywalker has informed me of his actions and why he did it. You owe him and his family an apology. You never intended for Leia to take the crown, did you?”

“I don’t have to apologize to anyone,” the Queen snapped angrily. “He owes me an apology for encasing me in carbonite.”

“I would rather swallow my own tongue then apologize to you. I know about the assassin contract you took out on my daughter,” I snapped angrily. Apology or no apology, I was more into making her an enemy at this point.

“I’m sure something can be arranged,” the Queen purred causing me to raise an eyebrow.

“Remember, I killed Xizor while he was still on his sky hook, you better watch your….” I began causing Leia to moan and grab my arm and yanked on it, cutting me off in midsentence. She shook her head warningly.

“Dad, I don’t want to have to deal with Vader,” Leia warned me as I felt my anger drain a bit.

“You won’t,” I promised as I kept eye contact with the Queen. “She’s not worth my time, effort, or attention.”

The tension was so thick in the air you could cut through it with a lightsaber. The Queen looked at Isolder and straightened her spine. “I refuse to allow you to marry into this family. I forbid it.”

“You don’t have to worry about that,” Isolder answered as I felt satisfaction come from the queen. Wait until he drops the bombshell about Teneniel. “I have asked Teneniel to be my bride and she has accepted.”

“Not this savage,” the Queen said with shock as she turned a pleading expression to me.

“Too late on that, Han and Leia are getting married as originally planned,” I said with a satisfied grin.

“I am going to marry her, mother and we’re joining the New Republic,” Isolder said with finality causing me to smirk. Perhaps he would’ve made a good suitor for Leia after all. Han always forced Leia to take at easy and that’s what she really needed someone to do for her.

“She looks weak and not fit to wear the crown,” the Queen pointed out with a huff. “Your choice in woman is…”

Before the queen had a chance to finish her sentence Teneniel used the Force to crush a plastic water pitcher sitting on Leia’s stand table to pieces. “I will stop those who go against me. I promise you this, I’m not as weak as I look.”

“Very well, maybe we can find her something suitable to wear,” the queen said as she left the room with a huff. The bomb made her forget she was mad at me.

I stepped in beside Isolder and extended my hand. Isolder accepted with a small smile. “Good luck to the both of you, I wish you the best future possible and welcome to the New Republic.”

“Thank you, General. I appreciate your stunt,” Isolder said with an appreciative smile.

“Don’t encourage Anakin, Isolder,” Leia spoke up from her bed causing me to blush. “I appreciate your help in defusing the situation between our parents.

“You’re quite welcome, Leia,” Isolder said with a polite bow before he and Teneniel took their leave.

“And good riddance,” I muttered under my breath with a sigh of relief causing Leia to glare at me. “What? Everything worked out, didn’t it?”

“Anakin, they’re signing a treaty and it won’t be the last time we will see of them. Please keep your comments to yourself,” Leia explained with a frown.

“I promise,” I agreed with a reluctant sigh. “I’m just glad this whole mess is over with,” I sat down beside Leia’s bed as her head hit the pillow and her eyes rolled back causing me to pause. They didn’t pump her with some weird drug did they? Before I summoned the medic to her room, he walked in with a serious expression on his face and motioned for me to follow him. I stood up and followed the medic out of the room and into the hallway as dread filled me. “What did they do to her? Is she going to be all right?”

“In time she will be,” the medic answered reassuringly. “They pumped her with CO5. She was given the antidote, it will take a couple of days before she wakes up again.”

I felt my heart stop pumping. Leia was awake just long enough to… CO5 was a slow acting poison developed by scientists employed by me to develop it when I was still Vader. She may not wake up at all. I felt sick to my stomach as I grabbed the wall for support. The question was, was she given the antidote in time? I closed my eyes. This was my fault for having developed it in the first place. It may cost my daughter her life.

TBC
    Nyota's Heart, Gemma, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great stuff with Ta'A Chume but a cliffie indeed with the CO5. [face_nail_biting] =D=

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A cliffie. Will Leia be alright?

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat beside Leia’s bedside through the night not wanting to leave her side. I was holding her hand against my forehead feeling terrified of losing her. I needed her to wake up so I knew she would be all right. Fress and Ahsoka had offered to stay with her allowing me to get some rest but I couldn’t rest. This was my fault, if I never had the poison developed in the first place, then Leia’s life wouldn’t hang in the balance now.

“Dad, this isn’t your fault,” Luke spoke up as he entered the room and walked up beside Leia’s bed. Han was standing behind him with a worried expression on his face. “Please, we’ll stay with her so you can go rest.”

“No,” was my only answer as I kissed Leia’s hand. I felt guilty, even though Leia said not to feel guilty. I just couldn’t help it.

“You’re not at fault,” Luke spoke up causing me to glance up at him. “You didn’t inject her with the poison.”

“I funded the project to have it developed,” I explained causing Han to suck in a sharp breath as if just catching onto why I felt guilty. “In a way, it is my fault.”

“Oh,” was Luke’s only reply as he pulled up a chair and sat down beside me. He must’ve realized I was really giving myself the once over by now. “You may have funded the project but you still didn’t give it to her. She wouldn’t want you to feel guilty over….”

“Please Luke. I’m not ready to hear it,” I pleaded with Luke to drop it for now. “Don’t you have a squadron to check into or something?” I normally don’t mind Luke’s company, but I just wasn’t ready to hear how it wasn’t my fault that Leia was in this condition. I knew it wasn’t but if I didn’t have the poison developed. Leia would’ve never been injected with it in the first place.

“Something that was beyond your control,” Fress finished Luke’s sentence as she entered the room. “No change?” I shook my head as Fress walked up behind me hugging me from behind. “Get some sleep, we’ll stay with her and will wake you as soon as there’s a change.”

“And if I refuse?” I questioned wearily as Fress took a step back.

“I already talked it over with a medic and he’s agreed to have you sedated if you refuse. This is not a request. You’ve been going non-stop since we went to Baruuka’s place. It’s not healthy.”

“I refuse,” I challenged in a tone Fress would recognize as me wanting her to back down.

“Your choice,” Fress said as I felt a small pick in my arm. I had to give her credit. She was prepared. I gave her a betrayal glare just before everything swirled and went black.
    -------------------------
    Wait until I get my hands on that former padawan of mine, was the first thoughts that entered my mind as I slowly became aware again. I moved my fingers around a little as my eyes slowly opened. I felt a bit groggy, which was an after effect from the drug itself. I turned my head to the side noting they had placed me in Leia’s room. At least they had the foresight to keep me with her. I slowly sat up and looked towards Leia’s bed where she was still asleep. I stood up and walked over to the bed and sat down. I picked up her hand into mine as Fress stepped into the room and looked at me with a frown.

“Are you mad?” Fress questioned softly as if she regretted her decision.

I shook my head knowing she did it because she was concerned about my health. If nothing else this would give me the stamina to stay up until Leia woke up. “No. I know you’re concerned and did it for my health. How long have I been out for?”

“Fourteen hours which is longer than we expected for you stay asleep for,” Fress answered honestly. “The medic seems to think Leia will wake up in the next hour or so. All her vitals are strong and the poison damage has reversed.”

That was some good news, I thought to myself as I sensed Leia’s subconscious slowly becoming aware of her surroundings. She was slowly starting to come too causing me to feel relief wash over me. We were headed to Naboo. We planned to stay there for a couple of days for rest and recovery. Rex was bringing the boys and Kay with him and will meet them there.

“Anakin, you should go and eat,” Fress suggested gently as I shook my head. Leia was beginning to wake up and I needed to get this off my chest with her. “You’ll feel better.”

“Leia’s starting to wake up,” I explained with a frown. “I need this time alone with her. I’ll eat after, I promise,” I heard a frustrated sigh escape from Fress as I heard her push the others out of the room. She did understand I needed this time alone with Leia. I was terrified out of my mind when I learned she was poisoned with something I financed to develop.

“Dad?” Leia whispered as her eyes opened and her head turned in my direction as I gently laid my hand on her forehead. “You should go eat,” she watched me with concern as I closed my eyes as relief washed over me. She was going to be fine. I felt tears fill the corners of my eyes. For the first time since I turned back to the lightside, I cried in front of someone. I was terrified I was going to lose Leia that the relief I felt now was overwhelming. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m so sorry,” I choked out between breaths. “It’s my fault.”

“About what?” Leia questioned sounding confused. “How is this your fault? You’re not the one who poisoned me.”

“When I was Vader, I financed CO5 to be developed,” I explained as I heard Leia suck in a sharp breath. “If I hadn’t developed….”

“How do you know he wouldn’t have poisoned me with something else?” Leia questioned as she reached for my hand. “It’s not your fault. Don’t feel over guilty over something that you had no control over. You may have had it developed, but you didn’t inject me with it.”

I opened my eyes as Leia sat up and moved over on the bed and patted the space beside her. I stood up and sat down beside her and wrapped my baby girl in my arms. “I’m relieved you’re going to be fine.”

Leia didn’t say a word as she leaned into me. I rested my head against hers as my emotions slowly calmed down. “Feel any better? I really don’t want you to feel guilty or bad. I’m the one who decided to give myself in knowing full well what could happen.”

I felt myself calm down as I continued to hold her. I felt her heart beat against mine knowing she was still alive and was going to be fine. It was calming me right down. “I am. Thanks,” I loved her so much that it terrified me at the thought of losing her.

“What do you mean you won’t let me in to see her?” A familiar voice questioned causing me to freeze. I knew that voice.

“I’m sorry, but Anakin needs time alone with Leia, he’s getting something off his chest with her and they need the privacy,” I heard Fress explain causing me to frown.

“Fress, I want to see my daughter. She has no idea that…” The familiar voice argued causing me to freeze.

“Father died on Alderaan,” Leia muttered causing me to frown as I looked down at her. “Or I thought he was on Alderaan.”

“I’ll check it out,” I offered as she nodded in agreement. I gently hugged her before standing up to my full height and exited out of the room. Bail and Fress were standing toe to toe with each other as Fress turned her attention in my direction.

Fress walked to my side with concern on her face. “Are you feeling any better?”

“I am now,” I answered honestly as I sensed relief wash off her followed by worry as Bail watched me with an angry expression.

“You,” Bail spoke with an angry tone as he walked up to me. “You’re the reason Padme died. She loved you, Anakin. How could you do that to her?” I didn’t say a word as I sensed his anger as brightly through the Force as a sun getting ready to go super nova. I was now terrified he was going to tell me to stay out of Leia’s life. That is not something I could take. “You were a danger to your children, that is why we hid them from you,” Bail continued pointing out the obvious. He walked over to me and pulled back his fist. I closed my eyes waiting for the hit to come. “And yet you blew up my home and my people.”

“Actually that was Tarkin,” I heard Leia speak up from her recovery room as I felt Bail’s fist connect with my jaw. The punch was hard enough that I gnashed my teeth painfully together. I heard a slight crack followed by stabbing pain in my lower jaw. “Father, what do you think you’re doing?”

“I’ll get some ice,” Fress offered as she left the scene at a run.

“It’s all right, Leia. I most likely had it coming,” I reassured Leia as I rubbed my jaw. “I didn’t think you were capable of hitting someone like that,” the stabbing pain felt worse when I talked.

“Dad, are you okay?” I heard Luke question as he walked to my side as I noticed Han standing behind Luke looking terrified.

“I’ll live,” I answered honestly as Fress handed me an ice pack. I held it up to my jaw that was now throbbing with pain.

“We should get your jaw looked at,” Fress said with a worried expression as Bail stood there rubbing his hand. “How hard did you hit him? Your hand needs a scan too, doesn’t it?”

“I don’t care if you had it coming or not,” Leia stared down Bail angrily. “He shouldn’t sink himself down to your level,” I grimaced as she glared angrily at Bail for the first time instead of me. Leia walked to my side and took my hand into hers. She lightly squeezed it as the anger drained from Bail’s face. She removed the ice pack from my hand and started pressing along the edge of my jaw. I jerked my head to the side as she touched the spot that was painful to the touch. “You should get your jaw checked out, I feel a slight crack.”

“Leia, I don’t want you near him,” Bail said as Leia glared at him. “I forbid it. Stay out of her life, Anakin.”

I felt my heart sink at his words, as Leia shook her head no. I gently hugged her and kissed her forehead. “I’m going to get a scan done. I’ll see you later, Leia.”

Leia glared at Bail as I walked away from the scene. My heart felt like it was going to break. I knew Leia well enough to know she would do what Bail asked of her.

“Fix it, Leia. I can sense dad’s heart is breaking,” I heard Luke say causing me to shake my head sadly. I held the ice pack up to my jaw as I walked to the nurse’s station as she led me into an examination room. I sat down on the table as the medic walked in looking a little surprised. Bail was angry and needed time to cool off.

----------
    authors note: explanations as to how Bail survived or ended up on this destroyer in the first place will be explained in the next post.

Nyota's Heart, Gemma, AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, I am so glad Leia recovered [face_relieved] But wow, what a plot twist that is!!!!!!!! =D= Never in a million years would guess Bail would show up. :cool:

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Bail alive and kicking WOW

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Bail has to hate Anakin. I don't know how those two are going to tolerate each other. Nice twist.

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, to updates in a row! With loaded family issues. First a son-mother relationship and now two fathers & their daughter. Brilliantly written. And indeed very heart breaking & almost yaw breaking!

Falcon likes this.
  24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I slowly moved my jaw back and forth as it felt sore like it was starting to heal again. I gripped the sheets as my mind began to focus more. I felt my heart ache as I remembered what Bail told Leia. I just hoped she didn’t take him too serious because he was pretty angry when he said it. I opened my eyes and moved my head towards the side of the bed where Bail was watching me with regret on his face. “Did Leia chew you out?”

“She did,” Bail answered with a frustrated sigh. “I just didn’t realize the type of bond you two had developed since Bakura. I’m sorry, Anakin. I acted irrationally and out of anger.”

“I know,” I agreed with a frown as I felt around for the remote. I found it and pushed the bed into an upright sitting position. “I don’t plan to come between you two. You raised her, I didn’t. I want you there and I know Leia wants you there too. I want Leia in my life. I can’t bear the thought of her not being there. I love her Bail. She’s my baby girl.”

“I’m sorry, Anakin. I shouldn’t have hit you,” Bail apologized with a tight smile. “I want her in my life,” he paused for a second and shook his head sadly. “She hasn’t talked to me since she chewed me out three hours ago.”

“I see she’s taken on Padme’s temper,” I said with a small smirk. Leia really was her mother. “I know she has mine too,” I paused for a second and smiled gently. “Thank you for raising Leia into the wonderful woman she is now. You raised her the way Padme would’ve. You’re a good friend, Bail.”

Bail smiled appreciatively. “I’m relieved to hear that. Tell me about Han,” he requested with a frown.

“Han is a good man, Bail or I wouldn’t allow him to marry her,” I explained with a frown. “The boy worships the ground she walks on. Han is what Leia needs in her life, someone to tell her to relax and enjoy life. He’s looked after the twins since they reunited on the Death Star. He’s a good match for her and there’s a special Force bond between them. One that can only be broken by death.”

“Eyes for only her, huh?” Bail questioned as he sat back. “Normally his type isn’t what a Princess should be marrying, if you’re sure…”

“Bail, when I was still Vader. I encased Han into carbonite and he stuck around after Leia told him the truth about me. He’s worth hanging onto,” I explained causing Bail to give a satisfied smile. “She asked me to give her away at the alter. You should be the one…”

“No, Leia’s asked you,” Bail refused cutting me off with a frown. “I love her but if she’s asked you already, I can’t go against her wishes. She will be the Queen of Alderaan soon.”

“You raised her, Bail. It should be you not me,” I offered to step aside because I knew how much this meant to Bail. Fress had asked me to give her away and they planned their wedding two months after Leia and Han. “Fress asked me to give her away at hers. Jess and Fress will be tying the knot shortly after Leia and Han.”

“She asked you, Anakin,” Bail refused but I could see and sense how much this was hurting him.

“How about you both give me away?” Leia questioned as she walked into my room and stepped in beside my bed. She reached down and took my hand into hers. “How are you feeling, dad?”

“Better,” I answered honestly. “How are you feeling?”

“Better, we’ll be at Naboo shortly,” Leia answered as she leaned over and kissed my forehead. “I can’t wait to meet Padme’s family.”

“You’ll like them, Leia,” I reassured with a smile. “Your mother came from an amazing family. I also would like you to meet her, even though it won’t be in person,” I felt guilt rush through me that Leia will never meet Padme. “I haven’t been to the grave since…”

“Maybe there’s a better way to introduce the twins to their mother,” Bail said with a smile. “Padme had many of her sessions recorded, and she kept them at the Palace in Theed.”

“That’s a good idea, if they’re still there,” I agreed with a small smile as Leia relaxed.
    “They should be open to Leia,” I said with a frown as Bail raised an eyebrow. “And me too, hopefully,” it would be nice to get my hands on the recordings, if nothing else for the twins so they can see what their mother was like. “It is a good idea.”

“I’m glad you think so,” Bail said as Leia smiled warmly.

“Bail, everyone thought you died on Alderaan. And yet you’re here? How did you survive?” I questioned in curiosity. I’m sure Leia was wondering this herself.

“I left the planet shortly before the Death Star made orbit. I thought Leia was dead so I wanted to get away for a bit,” Bail answered honestly. “Palpatine found out and had me locked up on this Destroyer for the past five years.”

“Leia, sweetheart, go spend some time with Bail. I’m sure you two have a lot of catching up to do,” I said as I gently squeezed her hand. “I’m all right.”

“Thanks dad,” Leia leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. I pulled her down further to hug her. She returned the hug before she straightened as she turned her attention to Bail with a frown. “On one condition that you never tell me to stay out of Anakin’s life again. I want him there as much as I want you there.”

“I’m okay with that,” Bail agreed as he looked at me then back at Leia. “So much has changed since…”

Leia nodded as she stepped towards Bail and threw herself into Bail’s arms. “I missed you so much, father.”

“I missed you too, Leia, I love you, sweetheart,” Bail whispered as he took a step back. “Come on, let’s go get caught up.”

Fress walked in as Bail and Leia exited as she turned her attention to me with a frown. She had a tray with food on it causing me to smile. “I thought Leia was going to shoot Bail where he stood when she chewed him out. I brought you something to eat. How did it go?”

“Good, Bail and I talked,” I answered honestly as Fress pushed the table in front of me. She placed the tray down in front of me causing me to frown. “This is the best they have?”

“Sorry Anakin, they wouldn’t let me bring you anything else,” Fress apologized as I picked up the fork. Goop? They’re forcing me to eat gunk? I want real food. “Said something about jaw injuries and this is what you should be eating until it completely heals.”

I stuck my tongue out as Fress took a spoon, dipped it in the gunk and forced it into my mouth. I swallowed the blend tasting spoonful as I glared daggers at her as I took the spoon out of her hand. “I’m capable of feeding myself, thanks.”

“Don’t stick your tongue out at me,” Fress smirked causing me to shake my head sadly. “I need the practice.”

“And why is that?” I questioned as Fress took my hand and placed it onto her abdomen. “Are you serious? You and Jess, and which base?”

Fress smacked my arm. “That’s not funny, Ani,” she smirked as I waited to hear where she did it. “It was the communications room on the Executer.”

My face paled as I stared at Fress disbelievingly. It was bad enough she and Jess conceived on a base in the communications room on Lothal, but to do it a second time around again? “You and Jess sure know how to keep things interesting. So does that mean I get to pretend to refuse to eat and give you a hard time? I want real food.”

“Sorry Anakin, doctors orders,” Fress answered as she shoved another spoonful into my mouth.

“I get to tell your kids that they have fun parents, they conceived each of you in the communications room, once on Lothal and the other on my flag ship, the Executer,” I smirked causing Fress to look horrified. “Just saying, how did you pull it off on the Executer anyways? Without getting caught?”

“We bribed Piett to keep quiet,” Fress answered as I felt the blood drain from my face.

“You did, did you?” Wait until I get my hands on Piett, he allowed these two to do it in the communications room. “I’m going to have a talk with my bribed captain. How much did you pay him to keep quiet?”

“Five hundred credits,” Fress answered with a smirk. “He wanted to buy something nice for his wife since it’s their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. We agreed to the amount since it was a special occasion.”

“That explains the diamond necklace he bought her,” I said with a smile. “Congrats on the little Jedi.”

“Thanks Anakin,” Fress said as she continued to shove the goop in my mouth.

“I hate this stuff, get me some real food and I’ll be willing to negotiate,” I gave a smirk as Fress held up a baby food jar causing me to moan. “Fress Colias, I am going to find a way to get you back. You did that on purpose, didn’t you?”

“I was hoping you would pick up on the details but you’re still slow on the uptake,” Fress teased as she picked up the tray. “I’ll go get you some real food.”

I waited a few minutes as she walked back in with what smelled like real food. She placed the tray down in front of me. It looked like meat, potatoes and greens. “Thank you.”

‘You’re welcome,” Fress answered as I picked up the knife and fork and dug in. We should be at Naboo in a few hours and hopefully the medic will let me leave the med ward by then.
    -------------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart, Gemma, DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    They are both going to give Leia away at the altar. That is sweet. Anakin is right, Han is a keeper. :D