main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Secret Ally: Scoundrel Trouble diary challenge Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 5, 2015.

1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I liked Mr. Trenton. Good update. :)

Falcon and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Great story and I have a cat -- so the pittens are so adorable to me. Worried about Leia going to Hapes alone. Tag me in, please. Thanks.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Han is not going to be happy with Leia for shipping him off and then sneaking off to Hapes.

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    ”She really is Padme’s daughter, isn’t she? Mine too. I see a lot of me in her as well,” I answered with a grin. “She’s my girl. If she gets into trouble on Hapes, then someone will have to watch Kay here.”

Oh, if she is really daddy´s girl... the Queen mother can jump out of the window in terror. She should not make a contest of wills with Leia SKYWALKER. Her boots are made for walking...

*has old Nancy Sinatra song playing in her head

That is better than to have weird conservations with my inner goddess like in 50 shades... ;)

Falcon, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked in behind Kay as she entered the apartment. I closed the door as Skeeter ran out of the bedroom and jumped into Kay’s arms. “I think someone missed you.”

“I think so too,” Kay answered as she walked to the couch and sat down. “Can I put on a movie if I stretch out on the couch and rest here?” She questioned with a smile.

“That will be fine, I’ll go and get you a blanket and a pillow,” I offered as I put her bag down by the door. I’ll put her stuff back later. Kay laid down as I walked to the closet and pulled out a spare pillow and a blanket. I walked back and gave her the pillow. She placed it behind her head as I spread the blanket over her. “I’m glad to have you home. It’s been too quiet around here.”

“You missed me?” Kay questioned with a small grin.

“Yes I missed you,” I answered in agreement as I walked over to the holo net. “What did you want to watch?” On second thought, I levitated the remote to Kay. “Why don’t you find something to watch and I’m going to get started on the dinner I promised Greg and Melly.”

“It’s tonight?” Kay grinned. “Great, cause I’m starving for something with a good dose of meat in it.”

“Glad to see you’re feeling better,” I headed into the kitchen and pulled out the spices I planned to make with the ribs. Greg loved my spiced ribs and that’s what I planned to make tonight. I also planned a nice salad and dessert that melted in your mouth.
    -------------------
    Three hours later

I looked at the ribs and nodded in approval. The spice and sauce was just right, just needed to make the salad. I already had a platter of appetizers ready to go. Melly and Greg arrived fifteen minutes ago, which was perfect timing. As I picked up the tray, Melly popped her head into the kitchen. “Hi Melly.”

“Since Kay is not able to help, I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to help?” Melly questioned with a smile.

“Everything is just about done,” I answered with a small smile. “I appreciate the offer but the salad shouldn’t take too long to do and the dessert should be done by the time we finish eating,” I walked to her with the tray. “If you want to take this out and place it down on the caf table, I would appreciate it. Just sit back and relax for the most part.”

Melly took the tray with a small smile as she left the room and headed back out. I already set the table, just needed to chop vegetables. I went to work and began to chop the vegetables and placed them into the bowl as I went. Fifteen minutes later everything was ready to be consumed.

I took the salad bowl out to the dining area and placed it down on the table. I walked back into the kitchen and picked up the ribs and potatoes. Everything smelled good and I couldn’t wait to eat. “Dinner is ready, come and get it.”

Everyone walked in and settled down around the table as I served everyone.
    --------
    After dinner Kay went to bed to rest. She suddenly felt tired and rest was the best thing for her at the moment. Greg and Melly were cuddled up on the couch together as I finished cleaning up. I walked into the living area as I heard Melly sigh in contentment causing me to smile a little. I sat down in the chair across from the couch.

“Anakin, have you thought about dating again?” Melly questioned suddenly out of the blue causing me to lower my head. I missed Padme more now then ever and it was my entire fault.

“Melly, that’s a touchy subject for him,” Greg intervened quickly with a frown.

I raised my head a bit more and shook it. I had to admit, I was lonely but Padme was my true love. “I know Padme gave me permission to move on with someone else, I don’t think I can. She was the only one who ever truly understood me even if I refused to see what it was doing to me.”

“If she gave you permission, then that means she knows you’ll find someone else. Not to take her place, someone you can relate to. You deserve to be happy,” Melly soothed gently. “You just never know what the future will hold.”

“If it’s meant to happen, it’ll happen. I’m just happy being around my children,” I agreed with a slight smile. “I’m thankful that Luke and Leia have accepted me into their lives like they have. Owen and Beru did a wonderful job raising Luke. Bail raised Leia the way Padme would’ve. We couldn’t ask for better friends and family. I have Kay to raise and train. I’m old enough to be your father. I wouldn’t even know where to start.”

“Just be yourself, Anakin and be honest with who you are. The right girl will understand,” Melly offered with a smile.

That’ll take a miracle I thought with a frown. Who would want to date me knowing who I used to be and what role I played during the war? She would have to be something very special. I leaned my head back just wanting to be done with this conversation until I heard Padme whisper she’s a make good point. Maybe but for now, I just wanted to take it slow and enjoy my time with Luke and Leia, especially before Leia ties the knot.
    ---------------------
    EGKenobi, Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42, Gemma

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I want to see Anakin's Match.com profile! :p

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] Melly is sweet and encouraging and that dinner sounds yummy! Kay sounds like she's healing steadily. :)

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Kay healing.
    Greg and Melly are nice

9. PurpleWave

PurpleWave Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2005
    “If it’s meant to happen, it’ll happen. I’m just happy being around my children,”

Hmmm... that wasn't an absolute 'no.' Good. At least he's open-minded on the matter.

Falcon, Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That’ll take a miracle I thought with a frown. Who would want to date me knowing who I used to be and what role I played during the war? She would have to be something very special. I leaned my head back just wanting to be done with this conversation until I heard Padme whisper she’s a make good point. Maybe but for now, I just wanted to take it slow and enjoy my time with Luke and Leia, especially before Leia ties the knot.
    ---------------------

Like his self-reflection in this fic. It is not rotten by self-loathing and hatred. :D

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_thinking] That gives me the next scene to write :D thanks for the idea :D

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Matchprofile.com

I stared at my profile with a frown wondering why I was even considering this in the first place. I know Padme gave me permission but I felt guilty about looking at another woman. Padme was my soul mate. I have no doubt in my mind about that. I sighed as I looked at the fields and shook my head.

Name: Anakin Skywalker
    Home planet: Tatooine
    Current Location: Coruscant
    Occupation: Jedi Master and General in the New Republic Military
    Kids: Three
    Height: 6’3
    Eye color: Blue
    Hair color: blonde
    Sex: Male
    Bio: Born in slavery and freed by a Jedi Master. Obi-Wan Kenobi trained me as a Jedi. During the Clone Wars I earned the title rank of Jedi Knight and General in the army. I am the father to twins and adopted a third child into the family recently. I have been widowed since my wife passed away shortly after giving birth to the twins twenty-two years ago. I am currently a Jedi Master and a General in the New Republic army. There is a part of my life that is complicated but I prefer to explain it in person. I lead a very active life style. I can fly just about anything.

“You mean crash just about anything,” I heard Fress Colias’s teasing voice come from behind me causing me to turn around. She was looking over my shoulder causing me to frown.

“How long have you been standing there for? I questioned with a curious tone causing Fress to frown.

“Long enough, you seem preoccupied to the point where you didn’t sense me entering the apartment and here I thought Padme kissing you was the only way to keep you oblivious,” Fress chided lightly as she raised an eyebrow. “Anakin, have you been feeling lonely lately?”

I paused for a second as I reconsidered why I was doing this in the first place. Maybe Fress had a point. It has been twenty-two years since that fateful night where I broke Padme’s heart. She died because I tried to kill her and the twins. That would most likely scare off any girl I attempted to date. That part of my life will always haunt me no matter what. It was a miracle that Luke and Leia suffered no ill effects from what I did. They were as normal as you could get for this life anyways. Then again raising Kay on my own spoke that I have changed for the better. If a girl could not accept my past, then it wasn’t meant to be.

Why am I even thinking about doing this? Fress asked if I was lonely. I took a few deep breaths and searched my feelings. I was starting to feel lonely, no one to talk to at night, or hug and hold. Is this why I was even considering it? I was in a young body again and there was no telling how long I would live for this time around. It could be years since I grew this one slowly leaving it unaltered. I was aging normally and Greg had run tests saying everything came back normal. He felt I would live to a ripe old age. Maybe I was just looking for companionship at this point. “I’m starting to feel lonely. I’m to the point where I don’t know where to start.”

“Just be yourself, Ani and the right girl will understand and accept you for who you are, past and all. And if she doesn’t, she’s not worth your time,” Fress said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. “Just be open and honest about everything. Ahsoka told me you once flirted with the queen who was running the slave trade during the Clone Wars. Flirting is like riding a speeder bike.”

”Ahsoka told you that?” I questioned sounding surprised. How did she know what I was saying to the queen? Or maybe the queen’s reaction from what I whispered in her ear said it all. “I was just playing the part at the time and it did to gain the Queen’s trust.”

Fress shook her in as if she didn’t believe me. Okay so I said something a little dirty and the Queen’s response was that’s naughty out loud. It didn’t take long for Ahsoka to figure out I flirted with the Queen a little. I can see Ahsoka rolling her eyes too. How hard can it be?

I stared at the screen again and frowned. I typed in one last line. If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me and we’ll talk a little more openly. I took a deep breath and hit send. It was out now, it was time to see if anyone answered or not.

Fress walked away from the holo net and headed to the living area where Kay was laying down on the couch. She had come to check on Kay, which was sweet. I smiled as I walked back to the living area. I wondered how Leia was making out in Hapes. She called late last night to check in on how Kay was doing and to let me know she had arrived safely.
    -------------------------

Jedi_Lover, Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, Gemma, PurpleWave, AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] and =D= Fress gave some sound advice. :) Yup, now the Hapan adventure starts. [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Falcon like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love his making a profile

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It is an okay profile, although it reads like a resume. At least he didn't put down, "I like long walks on the beach and holding hands. I know how to treat a lady--will you be my Queen? Looking for a women, 18-35, fair to beautiful. Fat chicks need not apply." o_O

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I was tempted to write something along those lines but thought better of it :p I think the crazy chick dates will be more fun to write :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I look forward to the dates to read them that is. I truly hate dating - I would much prefer someone to match make for me.

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I remember my dad dating after my mom passed away. There was some good dates and some bad dates. One just right ;)

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Two weeks later

I adjusted the cuffs on my tux feeling a tad bit nervous. I just put myself back on the market causing fifteen girls to respond to my profile. I told Leia and she thought it was a great idea. Luke was all for it too as long as they weren’t crazy or trying to deliberately split the family apart. Kay was old enough to stay home by herself for a few hours now. That was a bit of a relief. It’ll do her some good. “Don’t burn the apartment down while I’m gone, Kay. If you need anything Luke said you can call him if it’s an emergency.”

“Ani, that ruins my plans for the night,” Kay responded with a mocking pout on her face. “I bought fuel and matches.”

I rolled my eyes knowing she went along with the joke. “Try to keep the damage to a minimum and you will be grounded until you turn eighteen.”

“Well that’s no fun,” Kay shook her head sadly as she walked up beside me and hugged me. “Just make sure she’s not crazy, I love you Anakin.”

“I love you too, sweetheart,” I returned the hug as I looked at myself in the mirror. I had booked a private table at one of my favorite restaurants. Kay’s adoption finalized just last week. I was relieved for that to be done and over with. Kay was now officially apart of the Skywalker family. I sensed something from Kay causing me to frown. “And no parties.”

Kay froze as I watched her reactions, she invited someone over? “I…” She paused for a second and I knew I caught her. “It’s no fun when the parent can sense when you’re up to something.”

“Who did you invite?” I questioned in curiosity. I wasn’t mad. This was typical behavior for girls her age.

“Dev and Brice,” Kay answered honestly. “We bought snacks and planned to watch a few movies tonight.”

“Oh,” It’s not as bad as I thought. If it was another child whose parent didn’t know me, I could see it being an issue. But I knew both Dev and Brice. Fress and Jess were long time friends. “That’s okay. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I thought you would be mad,” Kay answered with a frown.

“Only if the child’s parents don’t know me, it would be an issue. Does Fress and Jess know that they are coming over?” I questioned in curiosity. Kay shook her head no. “Why not?”

“They’re going out tonight too, so we thought it wouldn’t be an issue,” Kay answered honestly causing me to shake my head.

“It’s not but next time, a heads up next time would be better. Just be open and honest with me about things you want to do and we can work it out. Okay?” I questioned with a small smile.

“I promise,” Kay answered with a smile. “Thanks Ani.”

“You’re welcome,” I took a step back from Kay as the door opened and Brice and Dev walked in. “Have a good time and try not to burn the place down.”

“No promises,” Brice joked causing me to frown. “Just kidding. Have a good time, grandpa.”

I smiled knowing that Brice took after Fress quite a bit. Jess wasn’t quite as loose as Fress was with the joking. He does his best not to take everything serious. He’s come a long way from the serious teen I used to know. “My comlink is on just in case. I’ll see you later tonight.”
    -------------------
    I walked up to the restaurant feeling just a tad bit nervous. We had decided to meet at the restaurant instead of at her place or mine. You just never knew what you might be walking into. I knew I could handle any situation thrown my way, but I had Kay to think about so why tempt fate? A man dressed in a tux opened the door with a smile. I smiled back as I walked in and headed towards the host. “I have a reservation under Skywalker, private booth for two.”

“Ah yes, a private booth requested I believe, Miser Skywalker,” the man answered with a smile. “Would you like to wait for the lady here or at the table?” She hasn’t arrived yet?

I frowned and glanced at my wrist chrono noting I was five minutes early. “I’ll wait at the table,” I answered with a smile. “I’m a little early and a little anxious.”

“I see,” the man said as he picked up two menus and led the way to the back. “Is this your first date by any chance?”

“Something like that,” I answered honestly as he stopped at a corner booth with walls. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, your waiter will be here shortly to take your order,” the host answered with a smile as he placed the menus down. “Good luck.”

“Thank you,” I picked up the menu looking over the wine selections. I had no clue what she liked. I had a few in mind that were sweet and not too dry or bitter. The waiter placed down water glasses as he looked at me expectantly. She should be here any second. “I’m waiting on a date. Maybe we could start off with this?” I pointed to a spinach dip and bread.

“Excellent choice,” the waiter walked off causing me to smile a bit. If she didn’t like it, I can take it home and I knew Kay would eat it.

I looked up as the host walked up to my table with a lady behind him, she looked about the same age Padme would be now. I frowned noting she looked familiar. “Sola?”

Sola Naberrie nodded as I stood up suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. She was my first date? I pulled out the chair to allow her to sit. “Hello Anakin. It’s been a long time and forgive me for misleading you a bit. I have to know some things.”

“And that would be?” I questioned knowing what her questions might be.

“Luke and Leia,” Sola answered with a frown. “We were under the impression that Padme died with the child. Leia looks a lot like Padme.”

“The twins didn’t die with Padme,” I answered honestly. “It was an illusion to keep me from suspecting they survived. It was to protect them from me and from what I did.”

“I see,” Sola sat back with a frown. “Do you regret what you did to Padme and the family?”

I nodded as regret crossed my features. “I do. I lost the chance to raise the twins. I’m thankful they allowed me back into their life. I adopted an eleven-year-old girl by the name of Kay. I was meaning to contact you, but I’ve been ashamed of my actions.”

“I see,” Sola sat back with a thoughtful expression and nodded. “That’s all I needed to hear. Mom is back at the hotel, considering her age she asked me to come in her place.”

“Jobal is still alive?” I questioned feeling panicked. Padme’s mother must be reaching into her late eighties or early nineties by now. “Leia is on Hapes at the moment, Luke is on planet.”

“Relax Anakin. She wants to meet her grandchildren and she won’t shoot you,” Sola reassured with a small smile. “I am looking forward to meeting my niece and nephew.”

I smiled with a slight nod as the waiter placed down the dish in front of us. “I hope you like spinach dip and bread.”

Sola nodded with a smile as I ordered her favorite wine. I caught Sola up on the last twenty-two years. She looked horrified but not surprised. By now my past was out in the open. We ordered dinner and after I paid the bill we headed back to my place. I contacted Luke a head of time to have him meet us. It’s a shame Leia was off planet. We can always call her later. I’m just thankful Sola didn’t bite my head off because she was the type that could easily do so.
    ------------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, Jedi_Lover, AzureAngel2, Gemma, PurpleWave, earlybird-obi-wan, DaenaBenjen42

AzureAngel2, Gemma and AngelQueen like this.
  20. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Interesting date. Now the question is - did Sola just use the profile to locate Anakin or is she really interested?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating and that went better than Anakin might have expected, us readers too. :) Liked the teasing with Kay in the first scene. ;)

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    (You don't have to Tag PurpleWave... that was me. ;) )

And... love, love the talk Sola had with Anakin. Well done. :)

Gemma, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I paused for a second as I reconsidered why I was doing this in the first place. Maybe Fress had a point. It has been twenty-two years since that fateful night where I broke Padme’s heart. She died because I tried to kill her and the twins. That would most likely scare off any girl I attempted to date. That part of my life will always haunt me no matter what. It was a miracle that Luke and Leia suffered no ill effects from what I did. They were as normal as you could get for this life anyways. Then again raising Kay on my own spoke that I have changed for the better. If a girl could not accept my past, then it wasn’t meant to be.

Each time I read your fic, I am happy about his mature views. He regrets without hate or fear just pure honesty.

“Luke and Leia,” Sola answered with a frown. “We were under the impression that Padme died with the child. Leia looks a lot like Padme.”

“The twins didn’t die with Padme,” I answered honestly. “It was an illusion to keep me from suspecting they survived. It was to protect them from me and from what I did.”

“I see,” Sola sat back with a frown. “Do you regret what you did to Padme and the family?”

I nodded as regret crossed my features. “I do. I lost the chance to raise the twins. I’m thankful they allowed me back into their life. I adopted an eleven-year-old girl by the name of Kay. I was meaning to contact you, but I’ve been ashamed of my actions.”

I am interested how the other family talks and re-unions will go.

Gemma, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Anakin with Sola and meeting the Naberries[face_dancing]

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the apartment as Luke and Sola followed me in. Kay was still watching a movie with Brice and Dev sitting on the couch. Kay raised an eyebrow in my direction as to say, how did it go. I felt nervous and I knew it was going to skyrocket as soon as I saw Jobal. “Dev, Brice. You can finish watching your movie here, can you lock up before you two leave?” The boys nodded in agreement as Kay looked confused.

I turned to Luke and smiled slightly. “Luke, this is your mother’s sister, Sola Naberrie. She’s your aunt. She used my online profile to track me down. We’ll be heading over to the hotel they’re staying at so you and your grandmother can meet.”

Luke smiled as he turned to Sola and hugged her as she returned the hug. “It’s nice to meet you, Aunt Sola.”

”The feeling’s mutual, Luke,” Sola retuned as she stood a step back looked Luke up and down. “You remind me of your mother.”

”That’s what dad tells me, something about lacking his temperament,’ Luke joked causing me to shake my head.

”Kay, go and get your coat. You’ll be coming with us too,” I said with a small smile as Kay slid off the couch and headed into her bedroom. She reappeared a minute later zipping up the jacket.

“You must be Kay,” Sola said with a gentle smile as Kay nodded. “How did you and Anakin meet?”

“It’s a long story,” Kay answered with a frown. “Maybe I can tell the story to you and Jobal?”

”That sounds like a good idea,” Sola agreed as Kay walked to the door and opened it and walked out into the hallway.

I watched as Luke and Sola stepped out as I followed closely behind and shut the door. I suspected that Fress and Jess have yet to return from their night out. Next stop was the hotel Jobal and Sola were staying at. I was really nervous, we kept a lot from her family during the Clone Wars including the marriage. I haven’t seen them since I escorted Padme all those years ago at the beginning of the Clone Wars.
    ---------------
    I took a deep breath and slowly released it as we entered the hotel. To be honest I was on edge and ready to jump out of my skin at a moment’s notice. I felt a hand land on my shoulder causing me to jump visibly as I glanced at Luke.

“Relax dad, I sense you’re on edge,” Luke attempted to sooth causing me to frown. “I’m sure everything will be all right.”

“Your mother’s family never knew we married. I got her pregnant with you and Leia. I attempted to kill Padme when she was still carrying you and your sister. I suspect Padme died to protect you and your sister from me. I acted as a tyrant for the next twenty-one years, so yes I’m a bit on edge. I haven’t seen Jobal since I escorted Padme to Naboo when I was nineteen acting as her body guard,” I felt my heart pick up speed a bit as we entered the turbo lift. I was beginning to question myself wondering if I could go through with this or not. I feared of facing Jobal after how everything turned out. I felt someone take my hand as I looked down and noticed Kay was watching me with concern. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. I forced my mind to focus on releasing my anxiety to the Force. I felt slightly calmer but I highly doubt it would help much until after I talked with Jobal to see which way the conversation headed.

I opened my eyes as the turbo lift stopped and Sola stepped off. This must be the floor they’re on I thought to myself as we followed her down the hall. I felt a little calmer as I sensed Luke touch my mind with his. I smiled gratefully as Sola came to a stop and dug through her pouch and pulled out a card. She swiped it through the lock and opened the door.

Sola stood aside and gestured for me to enter. “Mom wants to talk with you alone for a few minutes. When you two are finished, we’ll come in.”

“I don’t know if I can do this anymore,” I muttered under my breath as Luke gave me a reassuring smile. Easy for Luke to say, he has nothing to fear from the Naberrie family. Me on the other hand, I did. I entered through the door before my nerve gave out on me completely. Jobal had aged quite a bit since I last saw her. She was sitting in a rocking chair watching me with a neutral expression. The silence between us was awkward. I didn’t say a word as I waited for her to say something. Or maybe she was waiting for an explanation from me. At the moment she was just watching me in silence.

“Have a seat, Anakin,” Jobal said as she gestured to a chair close to her, facing her.
    I walked over and sat down and clasped my hands together. She glanced down at my hands then looked at me with a knowing expression. “I see you’re on edge. I am waiting on an explanation as to why you and Padme felt the necessity to keep the relationship a secret from the family. I also would like to know everything, from beginning to now. I also know that you were Vader and suspect due to your dark side personality, is the reason Padme is no longer among us.”

“Padme and I married at the beginning of the Clone Wars. Due to our positions in the Republic, we had to hide the fact we were in a physical relationship. If the council found out I was in a relationship with a senator I would be expelled from the Jedi order and Padme would’ve lost respect from her peers and her position in the Senate. That’s the reason why we didn’t tell anyone,” I paused for a second as Jobal absorbed what I had said so far and nodded for me to go on. I took a deep breath as I related everything to Jobal about those few years Padme and I were married. I looked away in shame as I related how I fell to the dark side, attempted to kill Padme thinking she betrayed me, how that one act most likely caused her wanting to die to protect Luke and Leia from me, got into a lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan. I explained the rest as I clenched my hands tighter as my heart speeded up. Jobal deserved to know the truth about everything. When I finished I couldn’t bear to look Jobal in the eye.

I felt a hand on mine causing me to look up as she watched me in silence. “I’m asking for your forgiveness, but I’m not expecting it.”

“I forgive you, Anakin,” Jobal said with a kind smile. “Padme would’ve wanted it this way. When do I get to meet my grandson? And did you bring the girl as I requested?”

“I did,” I answered honestly as I felt my anxiety level begin to lower. I stretched out with the Force touching Luke’s mind with mine letting him know that he may enter now which caused excitement for Luke. He walked in as I heard Sola tell Luke to not enter yet.

“It’s all right, Sola,” Jobal said in a gentle tone. “Anakin and I are done talking,” she walked up to Luke and looked him over and gave a nod of approval. “You’re very handsome like your father, but I also see a lot of Padme in you as well,” she brought Luke into a hug as Luke returned the hug. “I would love to know everything about you and where is your sister?”

”The Queen from Hapes asked Leia to come,” I explained with a frown. “I’m not too fond of this request either. She wouldn’t let me go with her. She’s hoping to have a treaty signed between Hapes and the New Republic.”

Jobal nodded in agreement picking up Padme’s trait in Leia. “A politician and raised by Organa.”

“Bail did raise Leia the way Padme would’ve, that I have no doubt,” I pointed out with a small grimace. “She didn’t want to insult the Queen, she went a lone.”

“I see,” Jobal shook her head sadly. “And if she runs into trouble?”

”Ahsoka and Rex have offered to watch Kay so I can go and rescue her,” I answered honestly causing Jobal to smile.

“You are back to your old self,” Jobal observed with a satisfied smile. “That’s the Anakin Skywalker I remember.”

Kay walked over to me and took my hand into hers. “Jobal, this is my adopted daughter Kay Shran. Kay this is Luke and Leia’s grandmother, Jobal Naberrie.”

“Nice to meet you,” Kay said with a smile as Jobal walked over to Kay.

“How did you and Anakin meet?” Jobal questioned with a gentle smile.

Kay relayed the whole story to Jobal, including the part where Nereus killed her family in front of her, then killed remaining family members on planet making it difficult for her to stay in one place for too long. She came to the part where two men brutally beat her up, how Ahsoka and Fress found her in a back ally and brought her to my cottage knowing I would protect her from Nereus.

I smiled knowing we both slowly bonded over that period of time and I decided to adopt her into the family. “Anakin’s been a great teacher and friend. I’m beginning to view him like a father figure.”

“We enjoy having her as a little sister,” Luke commented with a genuine smile. “And Kay’s done dad some good.”

Jobal smiled nodding in approval as she gestured Kay forward. Kay walked forward as Jobal hugged her. “I want you to consider the Naberrie family as your own.”

“Thank you,” Kay answered as she returned the hug. “Can we go to Naboo?”

”We’ll talk about it after Leia gets back safely,” I answered with a frown.

”I think that’s a good idea,” Jobal agreed readily. “As soon as Leia gets back, we’ll make the arrangements for you to come out and visit.”

That sounded like a plan to me. What I didn’t realize when I agreed to the trip back to Naboo was the kind of trouble a scoundrel could make. Especially a love struck threatened one. I also wanted to visit Padme’s grave since I never did from when she was buried.
    -------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42, Gemma, AzureAngel2,

AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.