main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Separation of Fates (KoTOR Era)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by yodaizmyhomie, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaizmyhomie

yodaizmyhomie Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    Title: A Separation of Fates
    Author(s): Charlie P. (Aka yodaizmyhomie)
    Timeframe: KoTOR Era
    Genre: Suspense/Drama/Action
    Characters: Aiden Sken, Mion Macin, and that's all you need to know for now (lol).

Author's Note: It has been a long year in college for me, and now I'm finally off for the summer. I started writing this Star Wars novel about a month ago and was thinking of picking up where I left off. Just wanted to get an opinion of what some people think so far. Like I said, if people find it interesting enough, I will continue writing. Also, I apoligize if there are any grammatical errors (I got a couple of people to look at it). ENJOY!

PS: I had trouble transfering the text over from Microsoft Word so I apologize if the spacing or anything of that nature is distracting.

Chapter 1:

Two Jedi starfighters, triangle shaped and metallic coated, jolted out of hyperspace into nothingness. A cluster of stars were hard to come by in this part of the Outer Rim, making the spacecrafts appear to be at a standstill due to no sense of relative motion. Steady to their destination, the pair simultaneously made a hard right turn in formation to reveal the dark frigid world of Kessel. A plethora of asteroids of all shapes and sizes surrounded the planet, while a gaseous-like substance continually stirred across the equator, exposing the orbital landscape of the planet. From space, no source of water was apparent; just grey overtones that covered the sphere feeding into its emptiness.

Aiden Sken punched a few buttons in his cockpit to set up a com-link to the adjacent starfighter.

A screeching buzz resonated through Mion's cockpit initiating him to flip a switch on his control panel. "What is it?"

"I'll be willing to bet a Naboo fortune we'll be in and out of here in no time," Aiden replied.

Mion's brows burrowed in disgust. "Careful, Padawan. I wish the same as you, but Kessel can be a very dangerous place. Be very cautious of your surroundings."

"Yes, master."

Mion, muddled, began to update the asteroid charts into the navi-computer while Aiden started his descent into Kessel's upper atmosphere. Once past the blinding haze and abbreviated stint of turbulence, the sky opened up to a clear resolution.

Aiden became entranced by the view.

Millions upon millions of factories stretched as far as the eye could see, each one being unique in its architecture, leading one to believe that each performed its own distinctive function. Thousands of laborers could be seen operating devices corresponding with the harmonious flow of assembly lines administered by droids. Tiny flashes of white light pulsated through the glass panes of the workshops constantly badgering peripherals of any viewer. Many of these factories sported large near-eroded towers that emitted translucent fumes, similar to the substance that was viewed from space.

Aiden longed for an answer before he could ask the question. "What are all those towers for, master?"

Mion, who just broke through the pressure of the upper-atmosphere himself, was quick to respond. "They release a chemical which allows us to breath. Kessel's skies are so thin, that without these factories, all of its energy and matter would simply bleed away."

Mion gave the short answer before giving his lecture, as he heard this story many times before.

"... Beneath the factories are the spice mines; very valuable ones at that. You could fly clear across the galaxy and not find a mineral more valuable to the Republic. Though I'd like to say we are the only ones benefiting from it, the criminal underworld is very involved as well. They secretly convert the spice into a hallucinogen and then sell it to the highest bidder."

"Why wouldn't the Republic put a stop to it?"

"They've tried to, but were left unsuccessful. They eventually figured it'd be too costly to clean up for what was 'actually occurring'. Yet, some cases are still exceptions."

"I see

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Welcome to the boards yodaizmyhomie .

Good start on your novel. I'd like to see it continued.

"I'll be willing to bet a Naboo fortune we'll be in and out of here in no time," Aiden replied.

It's never a good thing to be so very confident about a situation. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.