main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Sequel Trilogy Forum?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Storm5, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    Well, I think we need one. It's not clear where we should post topics about rumors and reports regarding episode 7-8-9. One should think they belong in the 'Star Wars Saga' forum but the mods over there say that they should be posted in the 'Star Wars Community' forum... Which doesn't seem right either. :)

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    There's no point in a ST forum when there will never be a ST, rumors or not.

3. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Lucas has said that there will not be a ST. Until he confirms otherwise there probably shouldn't be a froum for it. All we have now is rumor and conjecture.

4. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    True. But those rumors will come back. Again and again. :)

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Since there are no sequels there isn't much to talk about. Perhaps the SW Community is the place to talk about them.

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I think what's needed is a clear opinion from the mods as to where such discussion should be located, rather than an entire forum for what is currently a very limited field of discussion.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Threads about possible sequels have popped up in CT from time to time, possibly because the sequel trilogy supposedly would have followed up shortly after the end of RotJ. What about there?

8. Mr_Redundant

Mr_Redundant Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2004
    This is a good idea and I strongly encourage a place of discussion for a possible ST.

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well, since LucasFilm have more or less confirmed a TV series (as posted on TFN), then why not have a board for that at the very least (or at least in the not too distant future).

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
  11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    .......... I knew that .......... :p

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I've always directed sequel trilogy (Ep 7-9) threads to Saga.

13. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Threads reguarding the discussion of Episodes 7,8, and 9 should be taken to the Community forum. Even though the Saga forum has been around for some time now, people still seem to have confusion as to it's true purpose. It's for the discussion of the existing saga and as stated in the forum header, 'What If' and other speculation threads are distinctly prohibited.

I really see no point in dedicating a forum to something that isn't even confirmed and will most likely never happen.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Based on what you said, then Community's probably right. But there's definitely not going to be a new forum created for that.

15. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    SW Community is the correct forum for this. Actually there is already an official 7, 8 and 9 thread. Check the forum index thread.

16. NathanAlan

NathanAlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    Lucas said there aren't going to be anymore films. We have threads in both Saga and SW Community. There isn't much to discuss seeing as how they're films that will likely never be made. If you do have something small to talk discuss, why not do so in one of the existing threads? There certainly isn't enough discussion to open a new forum.

-NathanAlan

17. DarthMatter

DarthMatter Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2004
    I saw GL in an hour long interview with Charlie Rose, in which he was as clear and well-spoken as I've seen or heard. He clearly stated he's done with Star Wars. The movies are over, and he has finally made the changes to the CT he wanted to make. He could change his mind, but he was very clear.

18. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I think that if all the 7,8,9 discussion is directed to SW Community, if there ever is enough discussion to support a whole forum, it will become glaringly obvious.

But we're not at that point at the moment, and 1 thread seems to be satifsactory.

19. Terpmaniac09

Terpmaniac09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Since there will be no sequel trilogy, what would be the point of a new forum for it? Sorry to put down your idea though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.