main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Series of Yoda drabbles this is...Completed 8/23/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: A Series of Yoda drabbles this is
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Yoda and various OC?s
    Timeframe: Will vary but most will be centered on Yoda as a youngling.
    A/N: This is my response to The Fourth UDC

Flash in the pan

Yoda closed his eyes and inhaled deeply as he immersed his entire being into the Force.

?You may begin.?

In an instant, his lightsaber ignited and he began a furious series of parries and attacks. Keeping his eyes closed, he allowed the Force to guide him until his opponent landed flat on his back.

He shut down his lightsaber and turned to an open-mouthed Master Knault.

?That..that?was?how old are you again??

?Twelve, I am,? Yoda answered, his voice twinged with worry. Had he done something wrong?

?Excellent,? Knault finished, quickly recovering his bearings.

Yoda smiled and helped his opponent up.

Out on a Limb

?Help!?

Yoda?s head snapped up as he jumped to his feet.

Four-year-old initiate Naren was standing under a tree, tears streaming down his cheeks.

?Hurt are you?? Yoda asked, his eyes carefully traveling over the Twi?lek?s body.

?No,? he cried pointing to a heavy limb above them where a tiny pitten sat, quietly watching the activity below.

?I can?t get him back down!? Naren cried.

?Relax, rescue your pet I will.?

Extracting his claws, Yoda quickly scaled the tree, tucked the pitten under an arm and slid back down.

?Safe he is,? he smiled, handing the purring pet to Naren.

Out of the Blue

Master Quix yawned, taking a moment to stretch before opening the massive doors to the Jedi Temple.

She hated the morning shift, standing guard against the curious citizens and occasional tourists who refused to respect the Jedi?s privacy.

?Why can?t everyone just leave us alone?? she thought, stepping outside and nearly tripping over the bundle at her feet.

Quix gasped with surprise as she gazed down at the tiny creature with pointed ears contently sleeping. She had never seen such an odd baby before.

She quickly glanced around and, not seeing anyone, gently picked up the creature and headed inside.

Wet Behind The Ears

?Repeat after me.?

?After me repeat.?

?No,? Master Quix sighed. In the four years since discovering Yoda outside the Temple, she?d grown quite fond of the unique creature and jumped at every opportunity to teach him.

His speech lessons, however, were proving to be taxing.

?Talk like me,? she tried again.

?Like me talk,?

Quix groaned. ?You must learn to talk properly.?

?Talk properly you must learn.?

Quix gapped at him for a moment before chuckling, ?you have your way of speaking and I have mine,? she paused. ?I?m sure you?ll keep the council on its toes through the years.?

Heat of the Moment

?What are you, anyway??

Yoda ignored the question, focusing on the tiny insects crawling through the grass by his feet.

?What?s the matter?? Thelcar taunted with a sneer, ?Don?t you know what kind of freak you are??

Yoda?s hands clenched into fists.

?If curious you are,? he began in a tight voice, ?available records are in the archives to search through.?

?I ain?t -,?

?Then shut up you should.?

?Make me!? Thelcar challenged, reaching for his lightsaber.

Yoda jumped to his feet, one clawed hand scratching Thelcar?s throat, scarring his vocal cords. ?Silent for a few weeks, you will be.?

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    YODA!!! Yoda, Yoda, Yoda!! No one's done Yoda drabbles--great idea! I LOL at Wet behind the ears!!! I never thought of a 12 year old Yoda being taught to 'talk' like everyone else. [face_laugh]

LOL Moment: ?Talk properly you must learn.? [face_laugh]

Well done! =D=

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

Enjoyed these very much. Out on a Limb and Wet Behind the Ears -- marvelous!! :) What a great load of material you can draw upon and/or invent... since Yoda is so longlived [face_laugh] I'll definitely keep up with these!! :D

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Talk properly you must learn.?

[face_laugh] =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, eager waiting for the next five I am=D==D==D=

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    The heat of the moment.=D=
    Yoda needs to meditate on his use of his claws.o_O

I love all the Yoda drabbles.=D=

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: I LOL at Wet behind the ears!!! I never thought of Yoda being taught to 'talk' like everyone else.

Well, the Order did try :p

Glad you enjoyed.

Jade_eyes: What a great load of material you can draw upon and/or invent... since Yoda is so longlived

Indeed and I look forward to seeing what the muse comes up with :D

VaderLVR64: ?Talk properly you must learn.?

I?ve always wondered if Yoda thought it was everyone else who wasn?t speaking right :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely, eager waiting for the next five I am

Thank you! [:D]

I hope you enjoy them.

Gkilkenny: The heat of the moment. Yoda needs to meditate on his use of his claws.

Yes he does. And he will in time.

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Impossible

Master Adras stopped short as he entered the crèche and found three year-old Yoda on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.

?What?s the matter, youngling?? he asked, patting Yoda?s back.

?Weach dah starsip I can?t,? Yoda cried.

Adras looked around, spotting the toy resting on the top of the two meter storage box.

Gently lifting Yoda?s head, he said, ?you may never be able to reach the top of the shelf,? he began. ?But with the Force as your ally, you can always get what you want.?

Yoda watched in amazement as Adras lifted his hand and brought the ship to them.?

Unlikely

Yoda sighed as he picked up the heavy volume of Jedi History. The relic known as a book hadn?t been used in over a thousand years, but were kept available in the archives.

They were also kept on the highetst shelves, much to his chagrin. Barely suppressing ayawn, he sent the book flying towards the proper case, not noticing Master Jo?qan crossing the room.

Whack!

?Okay are you?? Yoda gasped, rushing to his side.

Jo?qan rubbed his sore forehead. ?I?m fine,? he assured Yoda. ?But I hope you don?t? have any plans of becoming an archivist when you grow up.?

Reasonable

?I can?t believe you made lunch all by yourself.? Master Quix smiled at ten year-old Yoda as he set a steaming bowl in front of her.

?On the Temple grounds I found all the ingredients,? Yoda replied with pride.

?He must mean in the garden,? Quix thought, taking a bite.

She froze as a bitter, repulsive taste filled her mouth.

?Like it do you?? Yoda gazed at her hopefully.

Quix forced the vile food down her throat without gagging. ?Yoda, dear,? she began. ?Your palate is so?so?.unique, I think it?s best if you save your special meals only for you.?

Probable

Yoda leaned comfortably against the tree trunk casting his eyes on the bustling skies above. Closing his eyes, he immersed himself in the Force around him, opening his mind to whatever it wished to reveal to him today.

Hundreds of faces flashed before his eyes before he saw himself, looking the same as he did now, leading class after class of younglings in the basic Jedi teachings.

Yoda?s eyes opened as a wave of peace washed over him. ?A teacher I may be.?

The thought pleased him, though he knew with the future always being in motion, that could change.

Definite

Eight year-old Yoda paused by the door to Master Nadeau?s training room.

Someone was inside crying.

He cautiously entered, his eyes quickly adjusting to the darkness and soon found three year-old Leto Bardak sobbing in the corner.

Without a word, he crossed the room, settling beside the Ferroan and began rubbing his back.

?I?fwailed?,? Leto gasped.

?Shhhh,? Yoda whispered. ?No such thing as failure there is. Keep practicing and you will succeed.?

Master Nadeau stood just outside the room, pleased with Yoda?s response to the distraught boy. ?He has a special ability with younglings. Someday, he?ll make a great teacher.?

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great set. Reasonable had me chuckling. [face_laugh] The advent of Yoda's infamous stew ;) [face_mischief] Enjoyed Probable and Definite... Yoda's compassion and warmth is already showing. :D

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely. Yoda is no archivist and his stew[face_laugh] already makes victims. And a teacher.

Great set=D==D==D=

11. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    I forgot to ask last week to be added to your PM list!

LOL Moment: ?Yoda, dear,? she began. ?Your palate is so?so?.unique, I think it?s best if you save your special meals only for you.? [face_laugh]

I just happened to catch 'ESB' on SPIKE TV last night during the scene where Luke was tasting Yoda's stew! I could just see his teacher saying this in response to Yoda's culinary cuisine.

Well done! =D=

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    So,[face_thinking] I wonder where he found the ingredients for his famous
    stew.[face_sick]

Can't imagine Yoda as an eight year old. That was a long time ago. Nearly eight hundred years.:D

=D=

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    =D=

Good, very good, the above are to read. [face_laugh]

14. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    I like!

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Reasonable

?I can?t believe you made lunch all by yourself.? Master Quix smiled at ten year-old Yoda as he set a steaming bowl in front of her.

?On the Temple grounds I found all the ingredients,? Yoda replied with pride.

?He must mean in the garden,? Quix thought, taking a bite.

She froze as a bitter, repulsive taste filled her mouth.

?Like it do you?? Yoda gazed at her hopefully.

Quix forced the vile food down her throat without gagging. ?Yoda, dear,? she began. ?Your palate is so?so?.unique, I think it?s best if you save your special meals only for you.?

Loved them all, but this was my favorite! =D=

16. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    ?Make me!? Thelcar challenged, reaching for his lightsaber.

Yoda jumped to his feet, one clawed hand scratching Thelcar?s throat, scarring his vocal cords. ?Silent for a few weeks, you will be.?

Before this I would never of thought Yoda would do something like that! I am pleasantly suprised. Can't wait for you to open my eyes more to the world of Yoda-amazingness.

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Reasonable had me chuckling. [face_laugh] The advent of Yoda's infamous stew

Thank you! That one was my favorite to write and I can imagine it took Yoda awhile to realize he was really the only one who liked his?unique stew :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely. Yoda is no archivist and his stew [face_laugh] already makes victims.

I?m glad you enjoyed the more?mischievous side of Yoda. :D

Jade_Pilot: I could just see his teacher saying this in response to Yoda's culinary cuisine.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] His stew does seem to have the same negative effect on people.

GKilkenny: I wonder where he found the ingredients for his famous
    stew

Me too! It also makes me wonder just what all is growing on Jedi grounds? [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

Valairy_Scot: Good, very good, the above are to read.

Glad you enjoyed them I am :)

JediKaren: I like!

Thank you! [:D]

VaderLVR64: Loved them all, but this was my favorite!

I?m glad you liked ?em. Reasonable was the most fun to write :D

Raphire: I would never of thought Yoda would do something like that! I am pleasantly surprised

A lot to learn, young Yoda has. Thanks for checking out the drabs!

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Truth

?There will be a test after the video,? Master Anquoe announced as he dimmed the lights.

Gasps of surprise filled the room as the latest episode of ?Mewiki, the Ewok Explorer? began to play.

Light filled the room as the holocam was abruptly stopped.

?All right, younglings,? Anquoe said with a hint of amusement, ?who switched the video??

The room was silent.

?Unless the culprit comes forward,? Anquoe paused, his eyes traveling over each one of his students, ?all of you will be punished.

Yoda gulped. Taking a deep breath, he rose to his feet. ?Guilty I am,? he admitted.

Trust

Yoda bit back a giggle as he slipped away from his class touring through Coruscant. He enjoyed the sights Master Bintaghr took them to, but he was eager to explore the city on his own.

Yoda frowned as he turned a corner and found himself in a strange area. With a start, he realized he was lost.

His heart began to pound with fear as turned around.

Suddenly, he was knocked to the ground.

?Watch it, Force freak!?

Yoda froze. How could he have forgotten? With a tentative smile, he reached for his always present ally and was lead home.

Honor

Yoda smoothed the wrinkles from his tunic before putting on his freshly washed homespun robe. Tonight was a very special occasion and he wanted to make sure he looked his best.

The entire Order was silent as they made their way to the massive dinning hall, already prepared with somber decorations.

Yoda took a moment to study each of the small bronze busts carefully placed throughout the room before sliding onto his bench.

Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Maydla Teff, stood, calling for silence. ?Tonight, we gather to honor fallen brethren.?

Tears filled Yoda?s eyes as the ceremony continued.

Loyalty

Yoda yawned as he entered the Galactic Politics class. There was nothing he hated more than the pointless debating that seemed to dominate the political scene but he was required to take the class since the Jedi dealt frequently with politicians.

?A Jedi?s loyalty should be to the Order above all else,? Master Sangha announced, kicking off the class. ?Yoda, do you agree or disagree??

Yoda thought for a moment. ?Disagree, I do.?

?Because??

?Keepers of the peace the Jedi are,? Yoda replied. ?To fulfill our duty, required democracy and freedom are.

Loyal to the Republic, the Jedi should be.?

Love

Yoda leaned back against his favorite tree in the Temple garden, his eyes grazing over all the magnificent plants and flowers. Never had he seen anything so beautiful. Sighing, he closed his eyes and began to doze.

?Hello,? a soft voice interrupted.

Yoda opened his eyes?and froze as he found himself starring at the most stunning female he?d ever seen.

?Ah..uh?,?

?Yaddle, I am,? she announced with a shy smile.

?Yad?Yad?Yaddle,? Yoda repeated, feeling his cheeks burn.

?Name do you have??

Yoda?s mind went blank. ?Yes,? he answered, continuing to stare.

?Come to you someday perhaps it will,? Yaddle chuckled.

19. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    I had never considered that a ceremony was involved for the fallen Jedi. Great insight on your part. I think that's why that set was my favorite.

Well done! =D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Truth -- so Yoda's a prankster [face_mischief]

Loyalty and love =D= :D I knew there was more between Yaddle and Yoda than friendship [face_laugh] :)

21. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Ha-Ha go Yaddle! Liked this one a lot. As well as the first but in my opinion Yoda is not in any way a freak!!!!!!!!!!!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely insights in Yoda's early life in the temple. Quite independent and with Yaddle[face_love]

23. Luminous-Being

Luminous-Being Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2009
    LOL, Wet Behind the Ears was pure hilarity, awesome job.

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: I had never considered that a ceremony was involved for the fallen Jedi. Great insight on your part. I think that's why that set was my favorite.

Thank you so much [:D] I?d like to think the Jedi had some way of honoring those who died.

Jade_eyes: Truth -- so Yoda's a prankster

Yes, the secret is out now ? he is very mischievous :p

I knew there was more between Yaddle and Yoda than friendship

I?ve always thought so ;)

Raphire: Ha-Ha go Yaddle!

She does have a way with Yoda, doesn?t she :D

earlybird-obi-wan: ovely insights in Yoda's early life in the temple. Quite independent and with Yaddle

Thanks. I personally enjoy seeing Yoda a bit tongue tied.

Luminous-Being: LOL, Wet Behind the Ears was pure hilarity, awesome job.

Thank you! I?m so glad you enjoyed them. :)

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Gaze

Yoda took a deep breath, urging his pounding heart to return to a normal beat. He was supposed to be instructing a class of three year-olds on basic levitation techniques, something he?d done countless times without any problems but this time, she was here.

Only a few meters away, Master Yaddle was practicing her katas, completely oblivious to his presence.

How was he supposed to concentrate with her right there? He stole a glance at her as his students began to arrive and froze.

Yaddle was gazing unabashedly at him.

His heart skipped a beat as he hastily looked away.

Wink

Yoda shuffled into the dinning room, his head hanging in shame. How could he have been so stupid? He?d practiced his experiment hundreds of time with no problems, yet when he was in front of the entire Order, he?d done something wrong and the whole thing blew up in his face.

He could he ever recover from the humiliation?

?Yoda.?

Yoda cringed. Just when he thought his day couldn?t get any worse, Yaddle was there.

?Heard defective the equipment for your experiment was.?

As Yoda glanced up at her, Yaddle winked.

Relief filled him and he suddenly felt much better.

Distance

Yoda stormed into his quarters, tossing his lightsaber across the room. Stomping into the kitchen, he began rummaging through is cupboards for something appealing to make for dinner.

He was furious with Master Fahion. Just because he was a bit moody today was no reason for the crotchety old nerfherder to excuse him from class.
    Granted he?d been a bit irritated for?Yoda paused as he realized his anger had been building ever since Yaddle left for a mission tow months ago.

He frowned. He couldn?t allow his emotions to be effected by her absence. Meditate on the matter he would.

Cold As Ice

Yoda slowly made his way through the Room of a Thousand Fountains, his shoulders slumped in defeat as the argument with Yaddle playing over and over in his mind. It was such a stupid fight and he had hoped allowing her a couple days to calm down would make her receptive to the apology he knew she was entitled to.

But it hadn?t.

She was colder than Hoth in a deep freeze towards him.

He sighed wearily as he sank down beside his favorite pond, silently praying she wouldn?t stay angry forever. He couldn?t bear loosing her friendship.

Eternal Flame

?Sorry I am for my behavior.?

Yoda?s eyes snapped open at the sound of the sweetest voice he had missed hearing for the last few weeks.

?Entitled you were,? he breathed, rising to his feet. ?Unacceptable my actions were.?

?True, but accept your apology I should have.? Yaddle smiled shyly.

?Over now it is,? Yoda shrugged. ?Happy I am you are talking to me again.?

?Make it up to you I should,? she whispered.

?How -,?

Before he could finish, Yaddle leaned forward and kissed him softly. ?Forgiven am I??

?Ye..ye?yes,? Yoda stammered, his lips still tingling from hers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.