main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Series of Yoda drabbles this is...Completed 8/23/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Wow, a very creative set with the headlines! Nicely done! =D=

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fabulous use of the prompts. I love the contrasting of how the people in general view the hard work and sacrifices of the Jedi in general, Yoda in particular--with his own sense of what he was actually doing or trying to do. His compasion and resourcefulness apparently get lost in the black and white news coverage LOL I enjoyed the diversity of Yoda's missions--getting called into all kinds of situations ;)

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yoda is learning that the human race still have a lot to learn.

=D=

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Great response to these prompts, girl! :D You've presented so many facets of Yoda. He feels so much more complex than before I read your drabbles.

Well done! =D=

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Beautiful insights in Yoda's life. and Killer :_| How could those parents refuse that from Yoda.

For some, tradition is more powerful than it should be. :(

Alasse_Earfalas: a very creative set with the headlines!

Thank you! I wanted something to tie the set together and I?m glad they worked. :)

Jade_eyes: I love the contrasting of how the people in general view the hard work and sacrifices of the Jedi in general, Yoda in particular--with his own sense of what he was actually doing or trying to do

Thank you so much [:D]

I really wanted to balance the portrayal of the populace?s view of what was going on with the reality of what had happened.

Gkilkenny: Yoda is learning that the human race still have a lot to learn.

Indeed they do.

Jade_pilot: You've presented so many facets of Yoda. He feels so much more complex than before I read your drabbles.

Aw, thank you! [:D]

I?ve always seen Yoda as a more complex character and I?m really enjoying writing my version of that complexity.

6. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Hold Back the Darkness

Yoda paused by the trunk of one of the hundreds of trees that made up Zykor?s forest, his heart pounding. The mission to save a kidnapped Yaddle had gone downhill fast, starting with him getting separated from Master Qorbin because he was so determined to act instead of seeking guidance from the Force.

Now, anger threatened to overwhelm him. Anger for being impulsive, anger for not being able to find Yaddle and anger over what she may be going through.

Yoda?s claws dug into the bark, rage flowing through his veins. It would be so easy to just give in.

Take a Stand

A light rain began to fall as Yoda struggled with his inner demons. He knew giving in to his feelings could lead him to Yaddle, would give him the power to extract revenge against those who took her but at what cost?

Once he started down the path of darkness, forever would it rule his destiny.

Would it be worth it? Could he live the rest of his life in darkness?

Dropping to his knees, Yoda cried out to the Force, and in so doing, made his choice. He had and would forever reject the darkside.

He was a Jedi.

When you?re Lost

Rising to his feet, Yoda whispered a prayer of thanks and began to walk. He had no idea where he was or where he was going but for the first time all day, he felt the presence of the Force and he knew he would end up where he was meant to be.

In the meantime, he began to take notice of his surroundings and was startled to realize he could hear sounds that didn?t belong in a forest.

Pushing back the wave of excitement that washed over him, he continued to walk until he found what he was seeking.

No Solid Ground

Yoda stood several feet from the edge of the forest, his eyes widening with sock. He?d found the kidnappers and Yaddle but between him and the camp was a massive lake.

He quickly scanned the area around him, biting back bitter disappointment when he noted all the watercraft vessels were on the other side.

How was he supposed to get to the camp?

With a jolt, it came to him. Smiling, he bent down and retrieved a thick long near his feet, thankful for once for his diminutive size. The log would be perfect for him and Yaddle to escape.

There?s Only Us

Yoda softly made his way through the camp of sleeping Zykorians, grateful their arrogance kept them from posting any guards around the tent where Yaddle was being held.

He knew he could take the tribe if he had to, but he wanted to avoid any unnecessary violence.

Yaddle was awake when he slipped inside and freed her.

?Knew you would come, I did,? she whispered.

Their journey to freedom was quick and silent. ?Ned to find the rest of the Jedi, we do,? Yoda announced.

?Wait here,? Yaddle said, patting the ground next to her. ?And find us, they will.?

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting to see Yod having to wrestle with his own youthful impulsiveness. Glad he mde the right decision. :D Enjoyed Yaddle's confidence in her rescue. :)

8. Alasse_Earfalas

Mar 6, 2008
    Aww!! [face_love] So cute, Yoda rescuing Yaddle! :D

I like how you incorporated the Dark Side into it and Yoda's decision to not give in. Nicely done! =D=

9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Great character insight! I never thought of Yoda struggling against the dark side, but like all Jedi there would come a time to make that decision, huh?

Well done! =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely story.

To see Yoda reject the dark side and rescue Yaddle.

And the last one [:D]they have some time together.[face_dancing]

Perfect=D==D==D==D=

11. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Yoda almost fell to the dark side. Yaddle would robably be the only thing that would make him ever that mad.

Sorry it took me so long to comment

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    It's nice to think that Yoda has been tempted by the darkside. It makes him
    human in an alien way.[face_alien_1]

=D=

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Interesting to see Yoda having to wrestle with his own youthful impulsiveness.

I imagine Yoda had to learn to deal with the same youthful impulsiveness, frustration ect as everyone else does.

Alasse_Earfalas: like how you incorporated the Dark Side into it and Yoda's decision to not give in. Nicely done!

Thank you! I know there comes a time when all Jedi must make that choice, maybe several times, and Yoda was no exception.

Jade_Pilot: Great character insight! I never thought of Yoda struggling against the dark side, but like all Jedi there would come a time to make that decision, huh?

Absolutely! One of the things I wanted to accomplish with these drabbles is showcasing Yoda struggling with the same issues other Jedi had to deal with.

earlybird-obi-wan: To see Yoda reject the dark side and rescue Yaddle.

That was my favorite part?next to them spending some alone time together, that is :D

Raphire: Yoda almost fell to the dark side. Yaddle would robably be the only thing that would make him ever that mad.

Probably so.

Gkilkenny: It's nice to think that Yoda has been tempted by the darkside. It makes him human in an alien way.

I agree and I?m certain he faced that temptation a time or two in his lifetime.

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whispering

?Careful you should be.?

Yaddle?s words whispered through the gentle breeze of the Coruscant night. Yoda paused at the entrance to the alley behind Dex?s Diner, his eyes darting across the darkened area. He was taking a big chance coming to this part of town so late.

?Yoda!? Dex?s shout had him running to the back door. ?I got what you asked for.? Dex handed him a steaming plate of grain maggots covered in grothberry sauce. ?Hope your lady likes it.?

?Thank you.? Yoda smiled as he pictured Yaddle?s reaction when he presented her the dish of her favorite foods.

Haunting

Yoda sank down on his meditating mat, his heart heavy. He?d been in a melancholy mood for days now, ever since he?d started having the same dream over and over.

A dream of him and Yaddle with seven children.

Yoda wouldn?t mind the dream if it possibly could come true. But it couldn?t and he didn?t know how to deal with its reoccurrence.

?Meditate,? Master Qorbin instructed. ?And it will soon become clear.?

It had been a waste f time so far, but Yoda continued to do as he was told. IT may take time, but he trusted the Force.

Lingering

Yoda held Yaddle?s robe up to his nose, inhaling her lingering scent.

He missed her so!

She?d only been gone three days and was due back in another two but that didn?t stop him from wishing she were here right now.

He knew he shouldn?t have such strong feelings for her but he did and he was tired of fighting them. He didn?t understand why love was forbidden and silently vowed to urge the Council to reconsider the rule.

Even if it took him the rest of his life to succeed, Yaddle and the love they shared was worth it.

Echoing

?Love you I do.?

Yoda tried not to smile as Yaddle?s words echoed in his mind. Her declaration had filled him with euphoria but Master Targin?s political science class was not the place to show it.

It amazed him how often those four simple words came to him throughout the day. It didn?t matter where he was or what he was doing, he could always hear them and they would always lift his spirits or encourage him to work harder.

From what he could see, their feelings were a good thing and he couldn?t understand why love was ever forbidden.

Murmuring

?Care about breaking the rules I do not,? Yaddle murmured, resting her head on Yoda?s chest.

He smiled as he kissed her forehead. ?Still think we can change the council?s mind,? he replied in a hopeful tone.

?Take years that may,? Yaddle sighed. ?Wait that long I can not.?

?Wish to sneak around I do not,? Yoda said. ?Consider marrying me would you??

?Pleased to hear that the Council would not be.?

?Care about that I thought you did not,? he teased.

?I don?t,? she assured him. ?And yes, my answer is.?

He beamed as they quietly made their plans.

15. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Great drabbles! For some reason I actually find it hard to imagine Yoda and Yaddle in some of those love scenes, haha.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yoda and Yaddle and that's the way it should have been, all Jedi forming attachments.

Become a Corellian Jedi Yoda;)

Lovely set =D==D==D=

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh delicious use of the prompts. :D I like these drabbles more and more each week. :) :)

18. Alasse_Earfalas

Mar 6, 2008
    YYYAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!! They're getting married!!!! [face_dancing] :* [face_love] [face_dancing]

My recent craving for Yoda/Yaddle mush has been satisfied!! :p

19. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    I loved them!!!!!! I can definitely see Yoda breaking rules. That's one of the things that make him so fun! Can't wait for the next post.

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh my, Yoda marrying Yaddle and having seven kids..

What a worry... seven little Yoda's around:p

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Murmuring

?Care about breaking the rules I do not,? Yaddle murmured, resting her head on Yoda?s chest.

He smiled as he kissed her forehead. ?Still think we can change the council?s mind,? he replied in a hopeful tone.

?Take years that may,? Yaddle sighed. ?Wait that long I can not.?

?Wish to sneak around I do not,? Yoda said. ?Consider marrying me would you??

?Pleased to hear that the Council would not be.?

?Care about that I thought you did not,? he teased.

?I don?t,? she assured him. ?And yes, my answer is.?

He beamed as they quietly made their plans.

Yoda, the secret Rebel! Loved them all. =D=

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    KotORBF2Female_Revan: For some reason I actually find it hard to imagine Yoda and Yaddle in some of those love scenes

Me too! But I wanted to give him and Yaddle a little mush fest and I would imagine they would be just like any other couple in love.

earlybird-obi-wan: Yoda and Yaddle and that's the way it should have been, all Jedi forming attachments.

Become a Corellian Jedi Yoda

Oohh, now there?s an idea! But don?t go putting any plot bunnies on my heels [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

:p

Jade_eyes: Oh delicious use of the prompts.

Thank you! [:D]

I?m glad you enjoyed them :D

Alasse_Earfalas: They're getting married!!! My recent craving for Yoda/Yaddle mush has been satisfied!!

Glad you enjoyed!

Raphire: I can definitely see Yoda breaking rules. That's one of the things that make him so fun!

I?m sure he broke quite a few rules in his time :p

Gkilkenny: Oh my, Yoda marrying Yaddle and having seven kids..

What a worry... seven little Yoda's around

Hehehe

Imagine trying to follow their conversations! :p

VaderLVR64: Yoda, the secret Rebel! Loved them all.

Who knew? :p

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Restrained

Yoda walked along side Master Qorbin through Ehjenla?s crowded market place. It was his first trip to the Outer Rim and he was wide eyed with curiosity.

A shout from docks near the river got his attention and he headed that way.

?Wonder what is happening,? Yoda breathed, straining to see. His blood ran cold as he recognized the setting for a slave auction.

?Stop this we should,? he hissed.

?No.? Qorbin pulled him away. ?I know you?re upset, Yoda. But we have no authority and no right to interfere with the custom no matter how abhorrent the practice is.?

Controlled

?A good time are you having?? Yoda smiled as Yaddle nodded.

?Pretty this is,? she breathed, running one clawed finger over a pink silk sash.

?Beautiful it will look on you,? Yoda waved the merchant over. ?Know your Master never has to,? he winked, handing over the coins.

?AAAGGHH!?

Yoda whirled around to find Yaddle on the ground.

?Sorry, didn?t see ya, an annoyed humanoid huffed. ?Why don?t you grow up before coming out in public again.?

Rage filled him but he knew better than to retaliate.

?Okay I am,? Yaddle assured him as he helped her to her feet.

Defined

?Jedi are defined by the traditions and rules of the Order we have pledged to live by,? Master Qorbin began, ?but individually, we are defined by our choices. Make sense??

Yoda blinked at him. ?No,? he admitted.

Qorbin chuckled. ?When the Council gives me an Order to negotiate a treaty, I must be objective, open minded and knowledgeable of local laws.

But individually, I could use mind manipulation, twist the facts or allow lies to be presented as truth.?

?Possible for Jedi to be unscrupulous as long as you are not breaking any laws it is,? Yoda replied.

Qorbin nodded.

Resolved

Master Qorbin watched Yoda struggle to keep up with his class with a heavy heart. It didn?t surprise him Master Ekwash didn?t give his padawan any special privileges but it wasn?t right that the boy be penalized for his size.

Yoda sighed with weariness as he entered his quarters. The day had been long and he was looking forward to a quick dinner before bed. He froze as he spotted his Master standing next to an odd-looking chair, a grin on his face.

?It?s a hover chair,? Qorbin happily explained. ?It will help you keep up with?anyone you wish to.?

Unlimited

Yoda reached into the Force, allowing it?s comforting presence to fill his entire being.

?Good,? Qorbin whispered. ?Now allow the Force to guide you.?

Yoda reached for his lightsaber but pulled his hand away. Instead, he found both his hands rising to his midsection, bolts of electricity suddenly flowing from his fingers.

Qorbin gasped as Yoda jerked himself from his trance, stunned.

Qorbin gazed at him. ?I?I?I?ve never seen?you must be very careful with this power, young one,? he said, his voice shaking. ?With it, you have unlimited power and the danger that comes with it.?

Yoda nodded his understanding.

24. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    ?Sorry, didn?t see ya, an annoyed humanoid huffed. ?Why don?t you grow up before coming out in public again.?

Rage filled him but he knew better than to retaliate.

I would be angry, too, if someone told that to one of my friends/my lover. Good thing Yoda was able to keep himself from attacking that guy.
    Great drabbles, and congrats on winning some awards!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great set. =D= Yoda learned some essential lessons in , Restrained, Defined and Unlimited. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.