main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Series of Yoda drabbles this is...Completed 8/23/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    Very nice! =D= I especially liked Controlled & Resolved. So THAT's where Yoda got his hover chair, lol ;)

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yoda had moments that he had to control his temper.o_O

I suppose when he was young he might have lost it occasionally.:p

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    YoDA! YoDA! Great update, Kelia. We are seeing so many dimensions of this character.

Well done! =D=

4. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    This one may be my Favorite yet!=D=

?Possible for Jedi to be unscrupulous as long as you are not breaking any laws it is,? Yoda replied.

[face_laugh]Loved it! Keep up the good work.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    kotORBF2Female_Revan: I would be angry, too, if someone told that to one of my friends/my lover

As would most people but Yoda was definitely right in holding back his anger, tough as it was for him.

Jade_eyes: Yoda learned some essential lessons in , Restrained, Defined and Unlimited

Thank you!

Always learning Yoda is :D

Alasse_Earfalas: I especially liked Controlled & Resolved. So THAT's where Yoda got his hover chair, lol

That?s one possible explanation, yes :p

Glad you enjoyed!

GKilkenny: I suppose when he was young he might have lost it occasionally.]

I expect he did from time to time. I think everyone has to learn to control their emotions.

Jade_Pilot: Great update, Kelia. We are seeing so many dimensions of this character.

Aw, thank you! [:D]

I?m really enjoying writing all the different sides to Yoda.

Raphire: This one may be my Favorite yet!

?Possible for Jedi to be unscrupulous as long as you are not breaking any laws it is,? Yoda replied.

Glad you enjoyed that. I wanted to show Yoda learning all kinds of lessons, even the unpleasant ones.

6. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    A/N: A big thank you to everyone who voted this Best Response to a Challenge and Best Series. I?m overwhelmed and very honored. [:D] [:D]

Bend over Backwards

Yoda followed Healer Draykon into his room silently.

?We?ve ordered a special smaller sized bed, pillow and blanket,? Draykon began, smiling reassuringly at his patient. ?And I?ve arranged for Forrolow berries and rootleaf tea to be waiting for you after your procedure this afternoon.?

Yoda scanned the room, nodding appreciatively. ?Thank you,? he whispered as he slowly sank onto the bed, lying on his side.

?We?ll also have the lower half of your bed cooled,? Draykon continued. ?It?ll provide you with extra comfort and help with the healing.?

Yoda looked away. ?Ready I will be,? he replied, his cheeks reddening.

Axe to Grind

Yoda lay on his stomach, his mind traveling to the events of the previous day.

What started out as a simple lightsaber duel turned into a battle of wills between him and Terek Tymon, an arrogant Drall.

He smiled as he recalled beating Tymon in record time. He?d hoped the youngling would take his defeat in stride, but the Drall?s anger burned as hot as his lightsaber, as Yoda had found out by turning his back on his opponent, his backside soon flaming as Tymon got his revenge.

Tymon would be the first matter dealt with when he was released.

Rise and Shine

Yoda groaned as he drifted back into consciousness. ?Done to me what have they?? His backside felt worse than it did when he arrived.

?About time you woke up,? a much too perky voice called out.

Yoda opened one eye to find Healer Tinto grinning down at him. ?How do you feel about jumping off that bed and taking a walk with me??

Yoda raised one clawed finger in response.

?Now, Yoda,? Tinto scolded. ?Don?t take your bad temper out on me. I?m not the one who put you here.?

Yoda sighed in resignation as she helped him sit up.

Tongue in Cheek

?Better are you feeling?? Yaddle asked in a worried tone.

Yoda nodded as he shifted into a comfortable position. Draykon was right, the cooled padding beneath him made his injury a lot less painful. ?Now that you are here, I am,? he smiled.

?Not sure if ready for company you would be,? she admitted. ?Bragging about your?how?your injury Tymon has.?

?Humph,? Yoda grunted. ?When released I am, hunt him down and make sure he never sits again I will.?

Yaddle gasped, her eyes widening.

Yoda winked before dissolving into laughter.

?Not funny that is,? she scolded, lightly punching his arm.

Without a Doubt

?Glad to have you back home,? Master Qorbin greeted.

?Good to be out of the torture ward it is,? Yoda replied.

?At least you only had to stay for a couple days,? Qorbin chuckled. ?Try being there a month.?

?Before you settle in,? Qorbin began, placing a hand on Yoda?s shoulder. ?I wanted you to know Tymon has been ordered to clean all the freshers in the Temple for a month. The Council feels that is adequate punishment for his behavior and I hope you agree?.and don?t seek the retaliation he deserves.?

Yoda nodded approvingly. ?Hope he learns I do.?

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    healers are trouble, even for Yoda

Good to be out of the torture ward it is[face_laugh] grumbling like all who have to visit it.

Great story and use of the prompts
    And congrats again.=D==D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Realistic reactions to all that unfolded. Tymon's punishment is perfect LOL and Quorbin's right--there's no need for personal retaliation. [face_thinking]

9. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    That was a VERY creative use of the prompts, girl! =D= What a great imagination you have!

Well done! =D=

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Yoda had found out by turning his back on his opponent, his backside soon flaming as Tymon got his revenge.

Tymon would be the first matter dealt with when he was released.

Oh! I wonder if Yoda will exact revenge on Tymon.
    I can't imagine Yoda and revenge in the same sentence[face_devil]

=D=

11. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Yoda raised one clawed finger in response.

*Shock* I'm appalled that you would stoop to such levels Master Yoda! But it was funny anyway.

Great job.

12. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: grumbling like all who have to visit it

Indeed ? even Yoda wasn?t immune to disliking the Healer?s ward. :p

Jade_eyes: Realistic reactions to all that unfolded. Tymon's punishment is perfect LOL and Quorbin's right--there's no need for personal retaliation.

Thank you! [:D]

I?m trying to keep it as real as I can.

Jade_Pilot: That was a VERY creative use of the prompts, girl!

Thank you! I?m glad you enjoyed them.

I am having fun each week! :D

Gkilkenny: Oh! I wonder if Yoda will exact revenge on Tymon

I?m sure there will be plenty of opportunities for revenge in the future but for now, Yoda is satisfied with the Council?s punishment.

Raphire: *Shock* I'm appalled that you would stoop to such levels Master Yoda! But it was funny anyway.

Yoda is capable of a great many?shocking responses while in the dreaded Healer?s ward :p

13. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Yearning

Yoda bit his lip in frustration as Mastro Qorbin thanked the Council. He bowed simultaneously with Qorbin before the two turned to leave and whispered a silent prayer to the gods they couldn?t sense his disappointment over not being chosen for an off world assignment. He was ready and so anxious to leave Coruscant and see the rest of the Galaxy.

So why hadn?t they been chosen?

?We?ll get to go when it?s our time,? Qorbin whispered softly.

Yoda gapped at him.

?No, I wasn?t reading your thoughts,? he gently assured him. ?I just had to look at your face.?

Jealousy

?You look very beautiful today, Yaddle.? Yoda glared at Dash Ilesar as he smiled at Yaddle.

?Thank you,? she replied with an even bigger smile.

Yoda knew the Drall was going to be trouble the minute he saw him but this was too much.

?Smitten with another she is,? he whispered as he reached Dash?s side.

?Maybe she?ll change her mind.? Dash?s eyes were filled with hope.

?Never,? Yoda insisted, pushing back his anger. ?Mate for life her kind does.?

?And how would -,? Dash froze as he caught a glimpse of Yoda?s tight expression.

?Oh, I see,? he sighed.

Possession

Yoda starred at the priceless work of art, his eyes filled with confusion. ?Understand it I do not,? he admitted as his Master came into the room.

?Art can be subjective,? Qorbin said in an amused tone.

?And ugly,? Yoda replied turning away. ?Why keep it must we??

?It was a gift,? Qorbin explained. ?And it would be rude to refuse.?

?Then hang it somewhere else we should,? Yoda countered. ?Give me nightmares it will.?

?And what would I tell the Prime Minister of Hrasskis??

Yoda thought quietly for a moment. ?Remind him that forbidden possessions are for an individual Jedi.?

Addiction

?Yoda, why do you insist on having the same thing for breakfast every morning? Qorbin asked, gazing at his padawan curiously.

?Delicious it is,? Yoda answered in between mouthfuls of food. ?Nothing better there is to have.?

Qorbin grunted.

?Taste it would you like to?? Yoda held up a spoonful of his prized maggot stew.

?NO!? Qorbin recoiled, noting Yoda?s obvious relief with interest. ?You know what I think? I think you are addicted.?

?Care I do not,? Yoda shrugged. ?Good food this is, and nothing wrong with being addicted to good food,? he added, licking his lips with relish.

Wanting

?Time to get up it is.? Yoda yanked the blankets from Qorbin?s still form, eliciting a groan.

?Hurry!? Yoda continued, shaking his arm. ?Late we cannot be. Already unhappy with us the Council is.?

?Five more minutes,? Qorbin moaned. ?And the Council isn?t that unhappy.?

?Told us next time we kept them waiting, assigned to kitchen duty for a month we would be,? Yoda countered. ?Sand to clean food I cannot.?

?I?m sure they were kidding.?

?Take that chance, I will not.? Yoda sighed, picking up the pitcher of cold water by Qorbin?s bed and dumping it over his face.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yearning -- very understandable eagerness on Yoda's part.

Jealousy -- hee! [face_mischief] ;)
    Possession -- now if that's not an RL issue LOL! An ugly gift... [face_laugh]

Wanting -- so Qorbin isn't a morning person ... [face_laugh]

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

?Then hang it somewhere else we should,? Yoda countered. ?Give me nightmares it will.?

?And what would I tell the Prime Minister of Hrasskis??

Yoda thought quietly for a moment. ?Remind him that forbidden possessions are for an individual Jedi.?

So that's where Yoda got that from.[face_laugh]

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great use of the prompts and Yoda and Yaddle can match;) same species.

His stew is famous:p

and wanting[face_laugh]

17. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    ?Art can be subjective,? Qorbin said in an amused tone.

LOL. Yoda apparently had the same taste in art as in food.

?NO!? Qorbin recoiled, noting Yoda?s obvious relief with interest. ?You know what I think? I think you are addicted.?

?Care I do not,? Yoda shrugged. ?Good food this is, and nothing wrong with being addicted to good food,? he added, licking his lips with relish.

I think Yoda's Master is just trying to imprint his own issues onto Yoda. LOL

?Take that chance, I will not.? Yoda sighed, picking up the pitcher of cold water by Qorbin?s bed and dumping it over his face.

There's the Yoda I know and love

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Yearning -- very understandable eagerness on Yoda's part.

Indeed ? I imagine he had the same impatience as everyone else his age.

Jealousy -- hee!

Even Yoda frowns upon someone else flirting with his girl :p

Possession -- now if that's not an RL issue LOL! An ugly gift...

Something most have to deal with at one time or another, that?s for sure!

Wanting -- so Qorbin isn't a morning person ...

That?s putting it mildly! :p

Gkilkenny: So that's where Yoda got that from.

And it?s probably the only time he was grateful for the rule :p

earlybird-obi-wan: Great use of the prompts and Yoda and Yaddle can match - same species

Thank you! I?m so glad you enjoyed them [:D]

And Yoda agrees! :D

Raphire: LOL. Yoda apparently had the same taste in art as in food.

He certainly had a unique taste?in everything!

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Red

Yoda gazed in wonderment at the brilliant red crystal nestled in a tiny niche in the back wall of Ilum?s crystal cave. He was mystified by the gem?s presence as he had been told only green and blue crystals were produced there. Tentatively, he ran one finger across it?s smooth surface.

A myriad of negative emotions suddenly swept over him ? anger, hate, resentment.

Yoda gasped, jerking backwards as if he?d been struck. ?Of the darkside this is,? he thought backing away. Pausing to inhale deeply, he allowed the Force to calm him and center his thoughts before continuing his journey.

Brown

?What shade of brown would you like, honey??

Yoda blinked at the merchant.

?It?s okay, sweetie, most males don?t have a clue,? she giggled. Grabbing a selection of small samples, she continued, ?there?s chocolate, beige, burnt sienna, russet and sepia. Which one do you like??

Yoda?s mouth dropped open.

?Think of the fashion statement you can make with the right shade.?

Yoda gapped the samples. ?Brown,? he whispered. ?Only want brown.?

?They are all brown.?

Yoda sighed pointing to the nearest sample. From now on, he would ask Yaddle to get the fabric he needed. This was much too confusing.

Black

Yoda held up the tiny, black boots and frowned. ?Why need these do I?? he asked.

?Because they are part of a Jedi?s uniform and the Council encourages all beings?who can to have footwear,? Qorbin answered.

?Need them I do not,? Yoda insisted, wrinkling his nose. ?Made to be uncovered my feet are.?

?Don?t you worry about getting injured??

?No,? Yoda scoffed. ?Never hurt have I been.?

?Well,? Qorbin began. ?The Council has only decreed that you must own footwear. The didn?t say anything about actually wearing them.?

?Then to the back of my closet they will go,? Yoda announced.

Yellow

Yoda tightly gripped the small brush as he painted spread the yellow paint on the grip of his lightsaber. ?What think do you?? he asked holding the piece up to show his Master.

?Looks good,? Qorbin replied. ?What shade of yellow is that exactly?? he gently teased.

Yoda made a sour face. ?Told you about that I should not have,? he sniffed, turning back to his work. ?Funny it was not.?

?I apologize,? Qorbin chuckled, leaning over his shoulder. ?Why did you choose that color??

?Symbolizes my commitment to the light side of the Force it does,? Yoda answered simply.

Blue

Yoda held up the dark blue undershorts, frowning.

?Like them do you?? Yaddle asked in a hopeful tone.

?Where find such a thing did you?? he asked shaking his head.

?All sorts of things you can find at the market place,? she answered, blushing slightly. ?Thought more comfortable those would be.?

Yoda ran a clawed finger over the silky material ?Scandalous this is,? he muttered.

?Our little secret it will be,? Yaddle assured him, patting his free hand.

?Humph.?

?Matching color I will be wearing,? she whispered, lowering her eyes.

Yoda smiled. ?If make you happy, wear these I will.?

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, from serious in Red to hilarious in brown ,black, yellow and very naughty in Blue

A great set=D=

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update. Brown -- :D [face_mischief] Blue -- well! well! [face_laugh] Naughty! [face_laugh]

22. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Yoda gapped the samples. ?Brown,? he whispered. ?Only want brown.?

?They are all brown.?

Yoda sighed pointing to the nearest sample. From now on, he would ask Yaddle to get the fabric he needed. This was much too confusing.

Poor poor Yoda. Glad you got such a great Idea in the end though. But that decision might come back and bite you.

"Oh but Yoda! Yellow Suspenders are all the rage and just think how cute you'd look wearing them!" Yaddle begged "No Absolutly not!" Yaddle leaned over the table and stared at him with her big eyes. "Please?" She said. "No! I wouldn't be caught dead in them!!!!" Yaddle blinked once. Twice. Then her eyes began to fill. Small tears trickled down her face as she turned and slowly walked from the room.

Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Shock* Blue was Interesting In a certain Wow kind of way.

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Lovely, from serious in Red to hilarious in brown, black, yellow and very naughty in blue

Thank you! [:D]

I had a lot of fun writing this set :D

Jade_eyes: Great updated. Brown :D [face_mischief], Blue ? well! Well!

What can I say? Everybody?s got a little naughty in them :D

Raphire: Poor poor Yoda. Glad you got such a great Idea in the end though. But that decision might come back and bite you.

Brown was my favorite to write this week. I figured most guys don?t have a clue about shades and why should Yoda be any different? :p

Blue was Interesting In a certain Wow kind of way.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That reaction is unanimous! But it was fun.

24. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Forever

Yoda awoke with a start, a thin layer of sweat covering his body. The nightmare had been so vivid and real, his heart was pounding with fear. Pushing the blankets away, he began to run through the calming exercises he?d learn.

?Are you okay?? Master Qorbin asked, kneeling next to him.

?Saw the Temple in flames,? Yoda gasped. ?Saw?myself laughing?holding a torch..,?

Qorbin gathered Yoda into a hug. ?That was the Force showing you what would happen if you embrace the darkside. The dream is to show you the choice between embracing the light or the dark will exist forever.?

Always

Yoda stood beside Yaddle, his heart filled with love and pride as they exchanged wedding vows.

?Love you always I will,? he promised, squeezing her hands.

He beamed as Yaddle repeated her vows and they were pronounced husband and wife.

?Hard to believe married we are,? Yaddle whispered as Yoda lowered his lips to hers.

?Regrets you have?? he teased a moment later.

?No,? she laughed. ?Proud I am to be your wife.?

??Openly express our feelings we cannot,? Yoda began solemnly, ?but a secret bond between us our love will always be.?

Yaddle smiled as he kissed her again.

Never

Yoda gazed at the map of the known Galaxy, his eyes automatically traveling to the uncharted area known as the Outer Rim.

?There my home planet is,? he thought as a wave of longing washed over him. It didn?t matter that he had no memory of his family or the trip to Coruscant, inside him remained a longing to travel there.

He traced one finger to the center of the black space. ?Right there,? he thought. He didn?t know how but he was certain that was the exact location of the planet.

?Never see it I will,? he sadly realized.

Maybe

?Are you ready to go?? Qorbin asked, sticking his head in Yoda?s room.

?Go for my check-ups I cannot,? Yoda replied, rushing past him. ?Too busy I am today. Reschedule -,?

?Hold it.? Qorbin grabbed the collar of his tunic, holding him in place. ?Yoda,? he began, ignoring the groan escaping from his padawan?s lips. ?You should look forward to visiting the healers every year.?

?Humph.?

?Don?t you want to get this over with first thing and have the rest of the day to yourself??

Yoda was silent. He hated it when his Master was right.

?Maybe,? he reluctantly sighed.

Eternity

Yoda smiled at Luke as he exhaled the last breath from his body and stepped into Eternity.

?About time you got here,? Yaddle gently chided as she raced to into his arms.

Yoda held his beloved, savoring the feel of her tiny form against him. ?Missed you I have,? he whispered.

?Watched over you I did,? Yaddle admitted, lifting her head to gaze into his eyes. ?Wished I could have been there with you I do.?

Yoda smiled. ?You were,? he assured her before kissing her softly. ?Carried you in my heart I did.?

?Now forever together we will be.?

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Magnificent update. These prompts were tailor made for mush [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.