main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A series without Force-user main characters?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, May 8, 2013.

?

?

1. I'd love to see a series like that

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. OK, I'd watch it but I have no special like / dislike either way

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No. Force-users are the bread and butter of Star Wars. SW without Force-using main chars just isn't.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What would you think of the idea of a SW series/show (either animated or live action) where none of the main characters were Force users?

No Jedi, Sith, Nightsisters, Grey Knights, Force-Adepts, none of that.

Not that Force users couldn't pop up now and again - or even be recurring characters, in story arcs or recurring across different eps and stories - but not as part of the central, regular cast. Have the main people all be "normal" non Force-sensitive or non Force-using folks.

Either Imperial Navy, or underworld / bounty hunter / smuggler types, or Mercs or some other military group or whatever.

Would you watch it?

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That'd be great. I would like to see either a series based on bounty hunters or smugglers or both. Perhaps the occasional force user turns up but they are kept rare.

3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    How about... non-Force users battling Force-users.

Thoughts?

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    If there's no Jedi, I don't think I'll be interested..

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't mind seeing them relegated to background characters but I think I'd still want Force-users to appear.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If the non-force user was a bounty hunter, then I reckon it'd be awesome.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't mind, it'd definitely be a nice change of pace.

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I certainly won't mind such a series. I mentioned in the new animated series thread that a Dark Times series could potentially focus on a young Han Solo as a protagonist, so having the main characters be smugglers, bounty hunters, or other shady types is definitely not out of the question, particularly as most of the Jedi are either dead or in hiding. Of course, you'll need to have at least a few Force-users as regularly occurring characters, or else it won't truly feel like Star Wars... Force users are to me the best part of the SW universe.

Yes, bring in Mandalorians vs. Jedi*! Really digging that possibility after seeing Pre Vizsla battle Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Maul. Or at least a bounty hunter or two like Boba Fett or Cad Bane who could stand toe-to-toe with Jedi thanks to the technology incorporated into their person...

*Another point to check off for a potential Dark Times series; resolve the New Mandalorian issue completely and bring in the Mandalorian Protectors, so we can perhaps see some Mandos vs. Jedi battles.

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Yes, please. For me, Force users are just some kind of background noise, anyway. I don't mind them much, but I wouldn't miss them, either.

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Would be very interesting, but there is little chance of that happening. Jedi are one of the few exclusively Star Wars elements. They are a big draw.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Star Wars is mainly about Force-users but a show with 'normals' in the focus would be a nice change of pace (and it could probably make the lead characters easier to relate to, at least for some watchers).

A show without Force-users in the lead has been done before (Droids & Ewoks) so it's not like it couldn't work, perhaps especially in today's world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.