main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shattered Life (AU/Lightside Anakin/OC) Updated! 02/06!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-Wan21, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Timeline: The Clone War still rage on after eight years. AU.

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance

Disclaimer: Star Wars & all related characters belong to George Lucas. Grev and any other character that doesn't sound familiar was made by me.

The Story So Far- Anakin Skywalker has completed his training under Obi-Wan Kenobi a few years ago. Anakin, now thirty-one, has taken on Grev Strife as his Padawan Learner. Recently Dooku was killed by Obi-Wan Kenobi who has reached the rank of Jedi Master and now sits on the Council, replacing Mace who was struck down by a new Sith Lord called Darth Vader. Obi-Wan has married Padme, who has given birth to Luke and Leia Kenobi, two twins. Nothing has been revealed on Vader, except that he was suppose to be Obi-Wan?s padawan after Anakin, it?s unknown how accurate this is. Grev has basically lived a life in misery, he doesn?t trust the Jedi, and hates them very much. Anakin and Grev have a very tense relationship, arguing most of the time. Grev doesn?t understand why he was taken against his will to become a Jedi; this wasn?t the life he wanted. There?s too much pressure and the anger is swelling. The Jedi see that they might have made a wrong choice. With Darkness overtaking the galaxy, no hope seems left. And Anakin and Grev will soon face the greatest decision in their lives.

Next post is Chapter 1

2. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Chapter 1: The Calling

A young Jedi Padawan was thrown against a wall in one of the training rooms. He slowly lifted himself up, standing at 6?2?, his build was very thin, but he had muscle. The Jedi wore a black short sleeved tight shirt, with white at the collar, sleeves, and at the bottom of his shirt. The pants he wore were black also, and he had a spiked wristband on his left wrist. His hair was dark and spiked, he had blue eyes and his skin was white but not pale.

?I thought no Force powers?? he asked, rubbing his head.

?I changed my mind,? Anakin laughed.

?Master, now you?re gonna go down.?

The Padawan ignited his blue bladed Lightsaber and rushed at Anakin, he swung at his Master?s right shoulder, but it was quickly dodged.

?Too slow,? Anakin said.

The Padawan gritted his teeth and swung again, this time much more harder and smacked Anakin in his left leg. Anakin let out a small scream of pain and fell to the ground.

?I win,? he stated, smiling.

He grabbed Anakin?s arm and pulled him up.

?Good job Grev,? Anakin complimented.

?Thanks.?

?A little too much anger with your attack though,? Anakin warned. ?Remember not to let your emotions control your fighting. It?ll get the best of you."

Grev nodded slightly. ?I know.?

The Padawan hooked his hilt back to his belt.

?Let?s go,? Anakin motioned to the door.

As the two headed out Anakin?s comlink went off.

?Yes??

?Anakin, The Council needs to see you and your Padawan,? Obi-Wan told him.

?We?re on our way.?

Anakin and Grev quickly took a turbo-lift to the Council room and stood in front of the members. The room was sliver and covered in designs, Obi-Wan sat by Yoda on the Council, replacing Mace Windu, who had died.

?What?s wrong?? Anakin asked.

?More Jedi have been killed,? Obi-Wan started. He had not changed much, his hair was cut short and he had shaved his beard off.

?Behind this, Darth Vader must be,? Yoda added.

?Vader?? Grev questioned. ?Why is he doing this??

?I don?t know,? Obi-Wan shook his head, Vader had been Obi-Wan?s Padawan after Anakin?s training was done. Or, at least that?s what the Council told everyone.

?We haven?t been given much info on Vader,? Grev told them. ?If the Jedi knew more, maybe they wouldn?t all be killed so easily.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?That?s true, but we don?t even know what Vader has entirely become.?

?No Jedi has lived to tell us anything,? Plo Koon put in.

?What do you want us to do?? Anakin wondered.

?Vader has recently been seen on Dantooine,? Obi-Wan explained. ?Go there and see what you can find out.?

?That?s suicide!? Grev said.

?If true, the Prophecy is, confront him Anakin must,? Yoda reminded.

The two Jedi bowed and left the room, it was pointless to argue.

?What makes them so sure that you are the Chosen One?? Grev questioned his Master.

?Because I was born of the Force,? Anakin told him.

?I?d figure Obi-Wan was,? Grev explained. ?Think: He killed Darth Maul, Count Dooku, and Sidious!?

Anakin nodded. ?He also married Padme.?

?Why does that bother you so much?? Grev asked. ?You bring them up every day!?

?I loved her,? he said. ?But now she?s with Obi-Wan.?

?They?re happy together. With two twins, Luke and Leia,? Grev replied. ?Those two share true love.?

?It doesn?t even go with the Code!? Anakin shot back.

?But it?d be okay for you?? Grev laughed. ?You?re sounding like a spoiled brat master.?

Anakin cocked an eyebrow. ?You shouldn?t talk to me that way.?

?Don?t start,? Grev warned. ?I don?t want to hear this.?

?I am your Master.?

?And just cause you have the title of Jedi Knight makes you better?? Grev asked dryly. ?I doubt it.?

?You?re only eighteen years old,? Anakin reminded. ?You don?t understand.?

?First of all, my age doesn?t matter,? Grev said angrily. ?And I do understand. This damn Order forbids love to us Padawan?s, I never asked for this!?

?You should have more respect for the Jedi.?

?What?!? Grev asked shocked. ?I am a

3. Turkey

Turkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    mmmm very nice! Do continue, i'd read...

4. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    I'm working on chapter 2, should be up sometimes tomarrow. Glad you're liking it!

5. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Chapter 2: Past Reflection

*Flashback

A young boy at the age of thirteen ran inside his house, his two parents waited inside for him.

?Grev, we need to talk,? his mother started.

?Why?? he asked agitated. ?Want to argue at me again??

?Someone?s here to see you,? his father told him.

A tall brown robed man stepped in.

?Grev, you need to come with me,? he said.

?Why?? Grev asked. ?What the hell is going on?!?

?You can?t stay with us,? his mother stated.

Grev gritted his teeth. ?I hate you.?

The Jedi grabbed his arm and slowly walked him out.

?What about my stuff?? Grev wondered.

?You won?t need them,? the robed man replied.

?Grev!? a girl called. ?What?s happening??

?I-I don?t know,? he answered, looking back. ?I gotta go.?

The brown robed man took Grev to a ship and the two blasted off in to space.

*End Flashback

The two Jedi Fighters moved through space, they had just exited out of hyperspace, now the Jedi would have to just fly there. There wasn?t much to see, it was basically black everywhere, with some light coming from the stars, and a few planets could be seen off in the distance.

?Grev,? Anakin said over the headset.

Anakin had broken through Grev?s thoughts of his last time on Dantooine. ?What??

?Something wrong??

?No,? Grev answered dryly.

Anakin sighed. ?You are dead set against coming here.?

?That?s right,? Grev said. ?I left without saying anything to her.?

?Her??

?It?s nothing,? Grev stated.

?Yes it is,? Anakin responded. ?Who?s the girl??

?We were in love,? Grev told him. ?And I was taken from her! It?s not fair!?

?It?s alright,? Anakin started. ?That was a long time ago, you shouldn?t still be worried about her.?

?We were meant to be together,? Grev replied angrily. ?The Jedi took me from the only person that ever cared about me!?

?You and her understood each other?? Anakin questioned.

?Yes,? Grev nodded. ?Me and her weren?t happy kids, being depressed a lot, we shared with each other our fears and problems, which grew in to love.?

?And you?ve been without that,? Anakin said, not meaning it as a question.

?Yes, I miss how she would hold me,? Grev explained. ?I would break down in front of her and she?d hold me. I felt safe, she was my protector, the only reason I had to live.?

Anakin was shocked; Grev had never opened up to him like this. ?I never knew you felt like that.?

?Grev?? Anakin asked, after a few minutes of silence.

?What??

?Do you wanna talk about anything??

?No,? Grev answered.

The two Jedi Starfighter?s slowly floated through space, heading to Dantooine; it wouldn?t be long before they arrived.

?So,? Anakin started. ?You like making advancements to your Starfighter??

?Yep,? Grev answered simply.

?Yours looks much better than mine though,? Anakin complimented. ?The design is more sleek. I go for power.?

?I just wanted a fast one,? Grev said. ?The more sleek and the changes in the wings gave me what I wanted.?

?Are you going to look up that girl when you get to Dantooine??

?Probably not,? Grev stated. ?It doesn?t seem right.?

?Who was the Jedi that came to get you?? Anakin asked quizzically.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi,? he said in almost a whisper.

?It was for the best.?

?My life was stolen from me,? Grev said darkly. ?That?s not for the best.?

?But take it from our point of view,? Anakin started.

?Your point of view?! I was taken just to add to your pathetic ranks! That?s all!? Grev yelled. ?Another guy with a Lightsaber! We sit inside of our order, acting like we?re better!?

?Calm down,? Anakin told him over the headset. ?The Council knows what should be done. Their decisions are never wrong.

?You need to be careful about putting all your hope in them,? Grev warned. ?Just because those twelve are better at certain things doesn?t prove anything.?

Anakin let out a sigh of defeat; there was nothing he could do. And what made him mad the most, was that the kid actually might have a point. ?Fine.

6. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Chapter 3: Finding Her

Anakin had placed on a bark brown Jedi robe, while Grev had put on a long black leather jacket that met the top of his shoes, he had it zipped up and the hood was up also.

?We?ll split up,? Grev suggested.

Anakin nodded. ?Alright, meet back in the hangar in one hour.?

Grev walked off and started to look around the city. It was freezing cold, probably below zero; it had also begun to snow slightly.

?Hasn?t changed any,? Grev said to himself.

As he walked he noticed a girl that looked very familiar; she made her way inside of a shop where he followed.

?That?s not fair!? he heard the girl say as he walked in.

?Listen, you?re gonna pay for it!? the shop owner stated.

?It already was paid for!? she shot back. ?I don?t have that kind of money to pay more damn it!?

?She doesn?t need to pay for it,? Grev said, using a Jedi mind trick.

?You don?t need to pay for it,? the owner followed.

?She deserves to get what she wanted free, and you?ll give the girl her money back,? Grev waved his hand again.

?You deserve to get what you came for free, and I?ll even give you back the money that was paid,? he said mindlessly.

Reaching in to the cash register, the owner pulled out three hundred credits and placed them in her hand. He slowly turned and walked off.

The girl was stunned as she put the money up and grabbed what she came for.

?How did you?? she asked. ?You?re a Jedi!?

Grev smiled and nodded, he was keeping the upper half of his face hidden, for now. ?Yeah I am.?

?Well thanks,? she said, turning to walk out.

Grev slowly walked out too, he was seeing where she was going, but he didn?t want her to notice as he followed behind.

-------------------------

Vadison Central Sector:

Anakin made his way through the crowds; Dantooine wasn?t really what he expected. Of course there were mining and harvesting being done, but Vadison was a city that showed none of this. It was mainly full of humans with few other species seen.

As Anakin continued on, he noticed Durge, a Bounty Hunter that he and Obi-Wan met a few times.

?What?s he doing here?? Anakin asked himself.

Durge turned and walked passed Anakin; the Jedi turned slowly and decided to follow his ?friend?. The Hunter walked through a dark alley where Anakin thought best to watch from a distance. Durge was meeting a black robed figure; he handed the Bounty Hunter a small case, unfortunately Anakin couldn?t hear everything they were saying. All he made out was: ?Star, Dantooine, Jedi, The Padawan, and Weapon.?

?Damn it,? Anakin cursed under his breath. ?What?s going on??

Durge bowed to him and activated his jetpack, flying off in to the air. The black robed figure made it?s way out of the alley; acting quickly Anakin jumped behind a cart and watched as the figure stopped. It mouthed a word, but Anakin couldn?t make it out. It turned again and headed off to the north of the city.

?What the hell was that about?? he wondered. ?This is only getting worse to solve.?

The Jedi stood and made his way to check out the city more.

--------------------------

Vadison Northern Sector:

Grev noticed that the girl wouldn?t stop eyeing him as he looked through some shops.

?Now it?s time I make my move,? Grev told himself, grinning.

He walked up to her and said: ?I didn?t get your name.?

?I didn?t give it,? she said sarcastically. ?Besides, Jedi shouldn?t be interested in that, should they??

?I?m not your normal Jedi,? he told her.

?I can tell.?

The two continued walking through the city, she eyed him most of the time.

?There?s something so familiar about him,? she told herself.

?What?s your name?? she asked.

?I asked you first,? he shot back. ?If you tell me yours, I?ll tell you mine.?

The girl laughed. ?Why should I??

?I asked nicely,? he said with an innocent smile.

?I haven?t seen someone smile like you since?? she trailed off.

?Who?? he wondered.

?It doesn?t matter.?

?Tell me,? he pushed.

She s

7. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Note: The Stormtroopers look like the Clones from EPIII. Stuff in / means, like in all my fics, Jedi/Sith talking through their connections in the Force

Chapter 4: One Step Closer

Anakin and Grev both flew slowly to planet of Muunilist, they would be there in a matter of minutes. Through most of the trip, Grev hadn?t said a word. He was thinking about all what took place.

?I don?t believe it,? he said to himself. ?She?s still the same, beautiful and the ability to yell.? Grev smiled at the thought.

*Flashback

?Grev!? Steph yelled. ?Grev Strife, you dumbass!?

?What did I do?? he asked innocently.

The two were standing inside her house; Steph?s parents had left for the weekend, so Grev decided to come over.

Steph sighed and rubbed her head. ?You wrote on my guitar ?hot stuff?.?

?I liked it,? Grev told her. ?It fits you.?

?It?s insane!? She shot back. ?Hot stuff?!?

Grev wrapped his arms around her waist. ?I?m sorry.?

?Don?t even try to get out of this,? Steph stated, putting her hand on his lips.

?So what, am I in trouble?? he asked, a mischievous tone in his voice.

?You wish.? She laughed.

?Well, we got an entire weekend here,? Grev started. ?What do you want to do??

?No,? she told him.

?What?!? he asked surprised.

?To what you?re thinking,? she stated. ?No.?

Grev busted out laughing. ?You don?t know what I was thinking.?

?Yeah I do,? Steph responded, a small smile on her face.

Grev picked Steph up and walked her to the couch.

?What the hell are you doing?!? she shouted, a laughter tone in her voice.

?Nothing,? he answered sitting down with her in his lap.

?Oh my god! You?re crazy!?

?And?? Grev asked, moving closer towards her.

?You?re gonna get yourself killed one day,? she warned.

?I love you,? was all Grev said as he moved in to kiss her.

?I know,? Steph answered grinning.

The two slowly began to kiss as they moved down on the couch.

End Flashback*

?That was the last time we were together,? he said to himself. ?And we could?ve been together today! But this stupid life as a Jedi ruined it!?

?Grev,? Anakin started. ?Something wrong??

?No,? he lied. ?Why??

?I?m sensing a lot of hatred coming from you,? Anakin told him. ?We may night have a bond, but I can still sense changes in your attitude.?

?There?s the Starcruiser,? Grev stated, wanting to change the subject.

Anakin sighed and said nothing more. The two Fighters landed and they quickly jumped out, heading to the meeting room. The Starcruiser was filled with Clones, either working at control panels or getting ready for the battle below. Inside the meeting room, Saesee Tiin and Alpha stood, looking to a hologram of the planet.

?Finally,? Alpha said agitated. ?You Jedi are too slow.?

?And you Clones could loose your heads very easily,? Grev shot back.

?Grev,? Anakin warned. ?If you?re going to argue like a child then step out.?

Grev sighed, saying nothing. He removed his leather jacket and placed it in a chair, Anakin did the same with his robe; they wouldn?t need them. Finally the four stood around the hologram of the planet.

?It?s good to see you two again,? Saesee said.

?And you Master Tiin,? Anakin replied.

?So Grev, are you ready to lead?? Saesee asked, looking to him.

Grev looked up from the hologram, a look of shock in his face. ?What?!?

Anakin looked equally surprised as well.

Saesee looked at them quizzically. ?The Council informed me that Grev would be put in charge of his own special team. You two didn?t know??

?No,? they answered in unison. ?But if it?s the will of the Council,? Anakin added.

Grev grinned. ?What type of team??

?A total of six members,? Saesee explained. ?Each equipped with new armor, and weapons. They?re the new standard Clones that we?ll be using. This is the armor?s first field test.?

?Sweet!? Grev said, smiling.

?Is he ready to lead?? Anakin wondered.

?We believe so.? Saesee nodded.

?General Grev,? Saesee began. ?Your team is wait

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I've read all chapters but 3, last night. I like this story. I like how you have Obi and Padme married and him on the council. I also like the relationship between anakin and his padawan and how his padawan talks about how anakin is in love with padme etc. Lots of tension. I like the mystery of who dv is. I also like how you tie the story to the clone wars. I will be watching this story. Due to tax season I don't get to reply to a lot of stories as quickly as I usually do, but I will be reading.

9. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Glad you're enjoying it crystal! Thanx for the review. Yeah, I thought since I was going to have Mace dead putting Obi on the council would rock, and him being married to Padme means Anakin would hold a grudge. I have plans to play off the tension between Anakin and Grev more, it's gonna be fun.

10. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Chapter 5: Things To Come

Grev came up on a Jin?Ha warrior, he quickly grabbed him and broke his neck. Picking up the body, he moved back and laid him down in front of the Stormtroopers.

?A Jin?Ha warrior,? Grev stated.

?And?? one of the clones asked.

?What the hell are they doing here?? Grev wondered.

?The Jin?Ha must?ve allied themselves with the Separatists,? the commander replied.

?Where did you learn to break necks?? a clone asked. ?I thought Jedi didn?t fight like that.?

?Jedi don?t,? Grev told him. ?But I do. And I taught myself.?

?How??

Grev grinned. ?I wasn?t always a Jedi.?

The troops glanced at each other, smiling under their helmets; they?d enjoy working with this Jedi.

?So what now General??

?We?re getting closer to the base,? Grev started. ?It?s gonna be well guarded, you two scan for any droids.? He pointed to two clones that had special electro-binoculars on.

Each one moved to one side and began scanning.

?What do we do when we make it??

?Three will come with me,? Grev answered. ?The other three will stay behind and watch our backs.?

As he finished, the two clones returned.

?To the east on a balcony, there?s two sniper droids,? one of them answered.

Grev motioned to the sniper clone. ?Shoot em down.?

He nodded and slowly made way to an area that he could get a clear shot in. He finally focused in and shot the two droids heads off; they both flew back and flopped around a little until collapsing.

?Done.?

?Let?s move,? Grev said, walking.

The team moved out again and headed through the city. The city of Muunilist was very Greek in appearance. Large banks stood everywhere; you couldn?t look anywhere and not see a building. Some of the planet was in ruins, and that was because of past battles. Since Muunilist was a Banking planet, it was needed for many building units and the money that was brought in could be a large help to either side. But why were the Separatists so interested in it now?

-------------------------------

Muunilist Jungle Outskirts:

Anakin, Saesee, and hundreds of clones rushed through the tree filled land, droid tanks and walkers blasted at the Jedi, trying to kill them.

?This won?t be easy,? Anakin stated, force pushing a droid against a tree.

?I know,? Saesee nodded. ?But we have to try our best.?

The two Jedi sprinted through the laser fire, striking down droids as they did so. Anakin flipped on to a spider-droid and quickly stabbed his Lightsaber through the dome-headed droid; Anakin jumped off of it as the spider blew up.

Saesee swung at a super battle droid, it was easily sliced in half Saesee then flipped to a destroyer droid slashing down, and it was also gone in no time.

--------------------------

Muunilist City Outskirts:

Grev and the Stormtroopers finally came up to the Separatist base. They stood behind a large column to stay out of sight.

?What now?? the commander asked.

?I?m gonna contact Master Tiin,? Grev told him.

Grev pulled out a comlink and turned it on.

?Master Tiin??

?What is it?? Saesee asked, stepping up on to a hill to oversee the battle.

?I?m at the Separatist base.?

?Then go in,? Saesee answered.

?And Vader?? Grev wondered.

?Kill him.?

?But only the One can,? Grev reminded.

?I know.?

?But that would mean-?

?Grev,? Saesee cut off. ?Just go.?

Grev sighed and turned off the comlink.

?I?m going in alone.?

?What?!? the clones asked shocked.

?I?ll handle this,? Grev stated. ?The rest of you create a diversion.?

The Stormtroopers nodded and let Grev go on. The troops rolled out and began firing at the base. Suddenly Durge and Boba flew out and fought back with a squad of battle droids.

?There?s my diversion,? Grev thought.

He sprinted inside the building and quietly made his way to the command room, it wasn?t very hard for a Jedi trained in stealth. Inside the base was full of statues, the floor was crystal, with large maroon rugs over it. Pictures were h

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  12. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Is that a good response or a bad one? LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.