main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A shining light in Darkness Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet! with Tessa. Love Ahsoka's assurances. :) Family of the heart moments are lovely!!

Falcon likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Really beautiful and sweet are Ahsoka and Rex to Tessa.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Two years later

The children’s training was going well. Mekaila and Brice turned seven this year and Brice was now in the Ninth grade. He was the youngest to be in high school. Tessa turned nine this year and was turning into a great helper. Rex and Ahsoka had finished filling out the adoption papers last night. Tessa had a lot to over come. Rex and Ahsoka were doing an amazing job with her. She was turning out to be a great kid.

More on that later, the day starts out with me waking up with Jess still sleeping beside me. I glanced at him and smiled as I lovingly ran my fingers through his hair. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. When I pulled my hand away I noticed it had purple and green colouring on them? I stood up and walked to the other side of the bed and looked down. Half of his head was coloured. I placed a hand over my mouth and bit on my lip. I had a feeling this was Mekaila’s work, as of late she’s taken onto pulling pranks on everyone and I had a feeling it was my fault and Anakin’s influence from the pranks we pulled on each other.

I quickly grabbed the holo recorder and snapped a holo. I decided to let Jess sleep in as I walked out of bedroom to find Mekaila giggling like mad while sitting on the couch. I walked into the refresher and looked in the mirror. My hair hadn’t been touched causing me to frown. I walked back out and sat down beside her. “Mekaila, what did we talk about?”

“Not to colour grandpa’s hair,” Mekaila answered with an innocent smile.

Anakin thought it was me at first until I pointed out it was only half his head not his full head and Mekaila was laughing at the table and I was off planet until that morning. Anakin’s hair was pink and purple. “That includes your father and me.”

“Is daddy mad?” Mekaila questioned in a quiet voice.

“I let him sleep in,” I answered with a frown. “He doesn’t know yet.”

“You and grandpa pull pranks,” Mekaila pointed out with a small smile. “it’s fun.”

“I know,” I gave a tight smile and rubbed her back gently. “It is a lot of fun, just be careful on who you pull the prank on. If you pull it on the wrong person, you could make them really upset.”
    Mekaila nodded as she hugged me. “I’m sorry, mommy.”

I wrapped my arms around her knowing Mekaila was a small version of me running around. It made me wonder if the galaxy was ready or not. “I’m not the one you need to apologize too. You need to apologize to your father.”

“Okay,” Mekaila broke away, slid off the couch and ran to the kitchen as Brice walked out of his bedroom.

I patted the cushion beside me as Brice hopped up and I placed an arm around him. “Did you get your homework all done?”

“Yes mom,” Brice answered as he leaned into me. “I was asked to tutor someone.”

That caused me to pause for a second as I stared at Brice feeling a little shocked. It looks like Jess and I had a little genius on our hands. “You are? Who and what subject?”

“A boy in my class is struggling with math,” Brice answered with a frown. “He picks on me because I’m…”

“Because you’re seven and half his age? Because you’re smart?” I questioned with a worried expression. Maybe it was time to have a talk with the teacher. “What’s his name?”

“I can’t tell,” Brice answered with a frown. “He’ll beat me up if I told.”

“Brice, he’s bullying you because you’re different,” I explained in a gentle tone. “We should talk with the teacher to ask her to step in,” I rubbed his arms as he pulled away with a pain expression on face. I rolled up the sleeves and gasped in shock. He had several bruises on his arms. “Brice, how long has this been going on for?”

“Two months,” Brice answered looking worried as Jess walked out rubbing his head a little.

“Fress, next time you want to relay any of your glory pranks in the past to our impressionable daughter, please don’t,” Jess stopped talking as he looked at Brice then turned his attention to me. “What’s going on?”

“We have a problem, Jess. We should ask to see Ms. Brenton in private. There is a boy picking on Brice,” I answered as Jess walked over then bent down to Brice’s height. He looked at Brice’s arms.

“We’ll leave early and see if we can catch her before class,” Jess said as Brice rolled the sleeves back down. “Why didn’t you tell us sooner?”

“He said he would beat me so badly that I wouldn’t be able to sit for a week,” Brice answered in a quiet tone. “Please don’t tell my teacher.”

“We don’t have a choice, sweetheart. You could be severally hurt,” I explained gently. “We love you and don’t want to see anything happen to you.”

“Let’s eat and then head out, okay?” Jess suggested with a gentle tone.

“Okay,” Brice looked at Jess’s head and giggled. “Nice hair dad, what happened, did you do, lose a bet?”

“Funny, I forgot to laugh,” Jess retorted in a good-natured tone. He straightened up and headed to the kitchen to begin fixing breakfast.

Brice grinned as he slipped off the couch and ran to the kitchen. I shook my head as I stood up and headed to the kitchen where Jess was talking to Mekaila about the prank. My daughter was so much like me, I was so proud.
    -------------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

RX_Sith likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! on the prank from Mikaila. Happy about Tessa's family situation. But :eek: Brice!!! [face_worried] Looking forward to what happens with Ms. Brenton.

Falcon likes this.
  5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Poor Brice; being picked on is never fun and hopefully everything will turn out right against the perpetrator.

Falcon likes this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Jess and I followed Brice into the school and towards Ms Brenton’s class room. I sensed Brice’s nervousness over the Force bond. I sent him calming thoughts as I sensed him relax a little. Ms Brenton walked out of the class room and smiled as she saw Brice. She looked at us and frowned due to the expression on my features. “May we have a word?”

“Please follow me,” Ms Brenton answered as she walked towards an office and entered in. She gestured to a pair of chairs in front of the desk as she sat behind the desk. “Is there an issue you would like to discuss? Brice is doing well in all his subjects, he’s very bright for his age.”

“We’re pleased with Brice’s progress,” I reassured with a smile then frowned again. “A boy is picking on him due to his age.”

“I see, and who is this boy’s name?” Ms Brenton questioned in concern. “And what kind of abuse are we talking about?”

“He’s physically picking on Brice by punching his arms,” I answered with a serious expression. “Brice, show her your arms.”

Brice rolled up his sleeves and held them out for Ms Brenton to see as she looked shocked. “I must apologize, we didn’t know this was going on. Brice, why didn’t you say something sooner?”

“He threatened me, saying he would beat me to where I would not be able to stand,” Brice explained with a frown.

“What is his name?” Ms Brenton questioned in concern. “We should contact the parents and see if we can work something out.”

“Rakiet,” Brice answered with a worried expression. I gently hugged Brice as I felt my heart ache for my baby.

“We shall contact his parents and if you want to back out from tutoring Rakiet, I will understand,” Ms Brenton explained with a smile.

“I don’t mind,” Brice said with a frown. “He needs help. A Jedi forgives and forgets, isn’t that what you’re always telling me?”

”That’s right, Brice,” Jess agreed with a proud smile.

“I will make an arrangement with his parents and will com you with the time to meet us back here,” Ms Brenton said with a gentle smile. “In the mean time, I have a class to teach. Say goodbye to your parents, Brice.”

Brice hugged Jess and I then followed Ms Brenton out of the office as we stood up and stepped into the hallway. “You didn’t tell me he was going to tutor someone,” Jess commented with a small smile. “I’m proud of him, he’ll be a great Jedi one day.”

“He just told me this morning and I didn’t get a chance to tell you,” I answered as we walked out of the school. “He’s turning into a great kid.”

Jess nodded with a smile. “That he is,” I heard the proud tone in Jess’s voice matching my own. I couldn’t be prouder of Brice then I was now.
    --------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Poor Brice being beat up by the boy he is tutoring is definitely not good.

Falcon likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ms. Brenton seems a competent and sympathetic person. Probably has to deal with such things more than you'd realize :( Brice has a very conciliatory attitude and that speaks well for him :) Hope the talk turns out well and that this Rakiet dude doesn't find more subtle forms of bullying :eek:

Falcon likes this.
  9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Later in the afternoon Jess and I sat down at the front of Ms. Brenton’s desk as Brice and Rakiet entered behind us a few minutes later. I stood up and turned to face the teenager who was picking on my son. He was no more than thirteen years old and should know better by now. “Rakiet, you’re the one who Brice is going to tutor?”

“That’s right,” Rakiet answered with a serious frown. “What is this about?”

“You tell me,” I answered in a stern tone that I would use when Mekaila acted out inappropriately.

“He says he’s Brice Shern,” Rakiet explained in an angry tone. “He can’t be when Brice Shern is at the Imperial Palace.”

“Is that why you’re physically beating him?” I questioned not allowing any emotion to show. Rakiet nodded his head as I glanced at Jess as we shared a disbelief expression. This was the kind of burden my son would carry until the clone was destroyed. I turned my attention back to the teenager. “It’s complicated. Brice was kidnapped from me two hours after he was born. We just got him back two years ago, Palpatine cloned Brice. The Brice at the Palace is a clone. We did skin tests on Brice to make sure he wasn’t a clone. I can see how it can be confusing.”

“Oh, he told me he knows Anakin Skywalker,” Rakiet commented with a frown.

“Anakin was my former master during the Clone Wars,” I explained with a small smile. Anakin was very well known around Tatooine. “We still keep in contact. I told Anakin to see my children as his grandchildren.”

“Really?” Rakiet seemed less angry and more curious. I had a feeling this was all a misunderstanding on his part. “Anakin trained you? That means you’re a Jedi?”

“Yes,” I answered with a smile. “My life partner is trained, we trained at about the same time,” I explained patiently. “I have a question for you. Even if you felt Brice was lying to you, don’t you think beating him physically was really the answer?”

“Dad says it’s the only way,” Rakiet answered causing me to freeze. I glanced up at Ms. Benton who looked a little surprised by his answer.

“Does your dad hit your mom when she messes up?” I questioned gently realizing we may have just opened up a can of worms. Rakiet nodded with a worried expression as the door behind us swung wide open. I sensed pure anger emitting from the man.

“What did he do this time?” Rakiet’s father questioned in an angry tone as Rakiet began to shake and cower in fear.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave a slight smile. His mother was standing behind the father and she looked very worried. Something wasn’t right here. “My son is going to tutor, Rakiet,” I answered quickly covering the truth. It was time to get at the real root of the problem.

“I see,” Rakiet’s father’s shoulders relaxed a bit. “Which subject?”

“Math,” I answered as Brice nodded in agreement. “Rakiet, Brice, please wait outside,” I said in a gentle tone as both boys walked outside. I glanced at Jess knowing he could handle himself as Jess gave an understanding nod. Without speaking a word, I gently led his mother out in the hall and down into the girls fresher. I closed the door and locked it behind me. “Does your husband hit you and your son?”

“What’s this really about?” The mother questioned as I sensed nervousness roll off her in the Force.

“Part about Brice tutoring Rakiet is true, but he was also beating up Brice because he thought my son was lying about things,” I explained in a neutral tone. “I could sense just how angry your husband felt back there, that’s why I did not explain it right away. May I take a look at your back?” I questioned with a frown as the girl looked terrified. “We can help you. I’m a Jedi so is my husband, we can handle your husband if need be. We’ve faced against worst foes. What is your name?”

“Brenna,” Brenna answered as she turned around.

I lifted up her shirt and was horrified to see black, blue and green bruises. The situation didn’t look good. It was a shame the Empire had too much control, I still felt the need to get Brenna out of her predicament and if that meant transporting her to an Alliance controlled world. That’s what had to happen. “Brenna, don’t say a word to your husband. We’ll distract him giving you and your son enough time to pack up your clothes. I’ll contact Padme asking her to find immediate transport to an Alliance controlled world and we’ll send someone with you to keep you and your son safe. Are you willing to allow us to help you?”

Brenna didn’t say a word as a harsh knocking could be heard followed by a demanding voice to open up or else. I’ve dealt with far worse in my past and could protect Brenna if need be. Brenna walked to the door and unlocked it as I walked forward. She stumbled back in sheer terror and shock as I stepped in front of Brenna.

I sensed his intensions before he acted as Brenna stumbled over into the corner allowing me to maneuver better. I took a stepped back and intercepted the punch to my jaw. I twisted his arm and body around causing the man to cry out in shock and anger as I got a clear short at the back of his knee and hit him hard causing him to fall to the floor on one knee. Jess ran in with a pair of stun cuffs as I hit the other back of his knee not giving the man a chance to recuperate. “On second thought, let’s take this before Jabba.”

“Padme, Ahsoka, and Anakin are on their way here. Rex is staying with the children. I have a much better idea, let’s take him to an Alliance controlled world and bring him up on child and wife abuse charges, and add assault and battery for attacking an Alliance General.”

“Sounds like a plan to me, as long as the Hutts don’t catch wind of this in the next forty-eight hours,” I agreed as I pulled the man to his feet. “Let’s go.”
    ------------
    Half an hour later

I looked up as Anakin and Padme walked in standing side by side each other. Anakin looked angry from what he was told causing the man in my custody to gulp hard. “Hello Anakin, I have a prisoner.”

“I can see that, Fress,” Anakin agreed as he stared hard at the man. Anakin was not a man to be messed with. “Padme came across information that this man works for Jabba.”

“In order for me to process your request, General Colias. We will have to take this matter before Jabba the Hutt,” Padme spoke in a neutral tone.

“Fine by me, let’s go and get this over with,” I pushed the man from behind causing him to stumble a bit as Ahsoka walked in with a curious expression. “Ahsoka, can you take Brice, Rakiet, and Brenna back to my place. Rakiet and Brenna need a place to crash tonight. They can sleep in our guest room.”

“You got it, Fress,” Ahsoka nodded as she glanced at the man then headed towards where Brice and Rakiet were standing and watching from a safe distance. “Come on boys, let’s go.”

I continued to walk the man out and helped him into the speeder as his arms were tied up behind his back. I shut the door as Padme and Anakin climbed into the speeder. I stayed in the back beside the man, Anakin was piloting and Padme was in the passenger seat. It was time to talk with Jabba.
    -------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful teamwork in clearing up the situation/misunderstanding and getting Brenna and Rakiet to safety. Fress and Jess have true, quick-acting friends and allies. :)

Falcon likes this.
  11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad that Fress and Jess were able to take care of Brenna and Rakiet as their father deserves a very harsh sentence.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Actually Brenna is the mother.....

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I pushed Jake forward forcing him on his knees standing before Jabba the Hutt as Jabba looked at me and Jake with interest. I glanced at Padme as she stepped forward with Anakin standing beside her. I didn’t say a word as I waited for Padme to speak.

“Mighty Jabba, we come before you with a request,” Padme began to speak as Anakin waited to translate for her if he needed too. “This man has beat his wife and child. After this was discovered, Jake attacked General Colias of the Alliance. It is now an Alliance matter, we wish to take this man onto an Alliance controlled word to bring him up on charges.”

Jabba spoke in huttesse and I barely understood what he was saying as the translator droid stepped forward. “Mighty Jabba wishes for Jake to speak for himself.”

“Very well , Fress help the man to his feet,” Padme glanced at me as I forced Jake to his feet.

“I don’t see how this is any of your business,” Jake snapped angrily causing me to frown.

“You made it my business when you attacked me in the fresher, not to mention your kid took out his frustrations on my son’s arms,” I pointed out barely keeping my anger in check. “Mighty Jabba, as a father yourself, you must be aware there is a line between punishment and abuse.”

“Jabba, this is total bantha Poodo, I’m entitled to punish my kid as I see fit,” Jake argued causing me to frown as Jabba raised a spice pipe to his mouth. Great, we choose a bad time to come. He was most likely high.

Jabba spoke and laughed causing everyone else to laugh as Anakin turned his attention to Padme. He leaned over and spoke into her ear causing me to wonder what Jabba just said.

“Mighty Jabba says Jake makes a point. You have made an equal point. He wishes for Jake to agree or deny your claims about the way he punishes his son. Did you attack General Colias in the fresher?”

“Yes to both,” Jake answered in a defeated tone causing Jabba to speak again.

“The Mighty Jabba says to be gone with him. You have permission to take him off world and charge him as you see fit,” the droid translated causing me to give a tight smile.

“I thank you Mighty Jabba,” I turned Jake around as we headed out of the room as Anakin stepped in beside me. We planned to take the prisoner to Pandora where Chuchi has agreed to hold the prisoner for us.
    -------------------
    I sat down in a chair and strapped in as Anakin lifted the ship off the ground heading for space. I glanced at Jake who had his head lowered and refused to look at me since Jabba gave us permission to take him off planet. I wondered if this man was abused by his own father? Sometimes the root of the problem existed futher. "Why do you feel the only way to get your point across is by hitting?" I questioned in a curious tone. "There are none violent ways to get your point across."

"What's it to you, Jedi?" Jake questioned with a sneer on his face causing me to frown. "You're not allowed to have kids."

"It's not true anymore, and even then we still had children to deal with at the Temple. Hitting and violence was not permitted. It's wrong, I would never hit my child due to misbehaviour. I would talk to them about why it was wrong. Violence never solved anything. It's important to me that my children don't fear me. That would be the worst thing in the universe to happen that my children don't trust me. I want them to feel they can come to me about anything."

Jake just hardened his expression as I waited for a response from him. He sighed as he struggled at his cuffs a bit. "This isn't right. Children don't listen and continue to do it anyways."

"It's apart of the growing up expriance. They learn a lesson and move on, that's what growing up is all about. Learning from your mistakes. Sometimes children have to learn the hardway. It's just what they do, they think they know everything when they don't. As a parent we're here to guide them as best as we can so they make the right decisions in life and not the wrong ones."

"All they cry and whine and..." Jake pointed out in desparation.

"And do you listen as to why they're upset?" I questioned patiently causing the man to look a little taken back. "Or do you resort to hitting?"

"Resort to hitting," Jake answered honestly. "I just want the noise to stop."

"Well, listen to what they're saying. Sometimes what is perceived as misbehavor is a way they feel is the only way to communicate on how they're feeling," I paused for a second as Jake raised an eyebrow. "Brice and Mekaila very rarely scream and cry to get my attention. Normally the just tell me. They want to be treated like an adult. All you have to do is learn to listen. I'm willing to drop the charges if you take parenting and anger management classes. Give it some thought."

I stood up and headed to the cockpit as Anakin stepped through looking a little anxious. "What's going on?"

"Nothing too much," Anakin answered with a slight smile causing me to frown.

"All right, Ani spill it, what are you hiding?" I questioned with a serious expression.

"Master Yoda made contact yesterday, after we deal with Jake. We're going to catch up with the rest of the Jedi," Anakin explained calmly.

Finally, we knew where the rest of the Jedi have holed up. It was time to reconnect with our colleques. Somethings have changed in the past five years. Both Anakin, Ahsoka, Jess and I have broken some major rules. Not to mention we have kids to think about now. I just hoped everything goes smoothly. No wonder Anakin seemed a bit on edge. I patted his shoulder and gave a reassuring smile as we headed towards the kitchen. I'm sure it will be fine. I hoped.

Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jake is a piece of work all right and I'm now looking forward to the meeting with the other Jedi :cool:

Falcon likes this.
  15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad that Jake is being punished for his actions.

Falcon likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    After we dropped Jake off on Pantora, Senator Chuchi agreed to keep me updated on Jake’s progress in anger management and parenting classes. Something he sorely needed. I sat down in the co-pilots seat as Anakin brought the ship in for a landing on an uncharted planet the Jedi decided to call home for now. I felt a little edgy knowing that I had broken a couple of major rules. It was well worth it watching my children grow and learn about the galaxy around them. “Anakin, I don’t regret breaking those rules.”

Anakin nodded with a slight grin as he set the ship down. Master Windu and Master Fisto were waiting to greet us. “Me neither, Fress. I love my children and my wife. Padme and I decided that if the Jedi decided to kick me out, we still planned to back the Rebellion.”

I grinned and nodded in agreement. “That’s pretty much the plan for Jess and I. Another two years and I can rejoin the war effort.”

“Counting down the days are you?” Anakin questioned as he put the engines on standby as I stood up and stretched.

“You bet,” I answered easily as I walked to the back of the ship and hit the button to lower the ramp. I checked to make sure my lightsaber was on my belt as Anakin joined my side. “Ready to admit about breaking the fifth amendment?”

“Not really,” Anakin shook his head as we headed down the ramp. “On the other hand, the truth is way over due.”

So far Obi-Wan had accepted the fact that Anakin was married and was to consider Luke and Leia his grandchildren. That made Obi-Wan a very happy man. We walked towards Mace Windu and Kit Fisto as they bowed to us and we bowed back in respect. “Master Windu and Master Fisto, it’s good to see you again,” I greeted with a smile.

“It’s good to see you again, Master Colias,” Fisto returned in kind. “Master Skywalker it’s good to see you as well. I sense we have much to discuss.”

“Indeed we do,” I answered feeling a tad bit nervous. Not another word was spoken as we entered a small office not too far away from the landing field. Anakin sat down in a chair as I sat down beside him. Fisto stood beside a chair Mace settled into.

“There are rumors about a Brice Shern at the palace, he looks like Jess at that age,” Mace commented with a frown as he watched me carefully. “Or is this Shern unrelated?”

I took a deep breath and shook my head no. “Jess and I have been interment with each other and I had twins about seven years ago. Mekaila and Brice Shern. The Brice at the Palace is a clone of my son. He was kidnapped from me and I only just got Brice back two years ago. Palpatine plans to train my son’s clone in the ways of the dark side. He robbed Brice’s innocence on him.”

“How so?” Mace questioned as he watched me with deep concern.

“We ran Brice through a generalize test to see which reading level he was at age five. He was at a seventh grade reading level and Palpatine taught Brice about the birds and the bees,” I explained as I made my hands into fists then relaxed them again.

“How does that make you feel?” Kit asked as he watched me carefully.

“Angry,” I answered honestly. “If i got the chance to kill Palpatine, I wouldn’t hesitate. He stole my child’s innocence. He should be playing in the sandbox at that age and not learning about sex. He’s very mature for his age and grew up too fast. It made it difficult to consider putting him into a class more his age.”

“You and Jess know that attachments are forbidden?” Mace questioned with a serious expression.

“She’s not the only one, Master,” Anakin spoke up from beside me. “Padme and I married at the beginning of the Clone Wars and we have two children of our own. If we are kicked out of the Jedi, so be it. We plan to back up the Alliance in an attempt to end this war. I’m sick of hiding my relationship with Padme. It’s a strain on both of us and it did take its toll.”

Mace looked stunned as I smiled slightly. “Rex and Ahsoka are together and they just finished adopting a nine year old girl.”

“Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex?” Mace questioned after a moment of uncomfortable silence.

“Looks like the four of you have been busy over the past few years,” Fisto commented with a frown. “Do you plan to train the children in the ways of the Force? The child Rex and Ahsoka adopted, is she Force sensitive?”

“Yes and we do plan to train them,” I answered with a small smile. “They’re all strong in the Force. They need training.”

“Have any of you talked to Obi-Wan about this?” Mace questioned.

"Yes, he was excited to see Luke and Leia as his grandchildren," Anakin smirked causing Mace to frown. "He's on the same planet we're residing on. He's also been helping the Rebellion setting up camps."

"I see," Mace sat back in his chair as he eyed me and Anakin with a neutral expression.

I wondered what was going through the Master's mind. Jess and I planned to leave the Jedi if they attempted to force us apart. I knew Anakin and Ahsoka felt the same way. We needed each other and to tear us apart now would be a bad idea. Mace looked at Fisto who had a thoughtful look on his face. "We have come prepared to leave the Jedi if need be. But considering the circumstances, we need each other in this war," I pointed out with a frown. "To tear any of us apart now is not a good idea and we will leave the Jedi and we will backup the Rebellion."

"I feel we should discuss this with the remaining council members," Fisto commented with a small smile. "Maybe the attachment rule is overrated."

"Perhaps," Mace stood up and gestured to the door. "In the mean time, you must be tired from your trip. We will allow you to rest as we begin to discuss on what the next step should be. We would like to get into contact with Ahsoka, Jess, and Obi-Wan to get their point of views on the subject."

The decision wasn't going to be immediate and it sounded somewhat promising, and I hoped they didn't force us out. We had our children to train in the ways of the Force. To loose this many masters in one go was not a good situation. I hoped they decided we can continue our roles with the Jedi.
    -----------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent discussion =D= ... The Masters seem fair-minded. [face_thinking] Like they're at least open to new things for the greater long-term benefit/advantage.

Falcon likes this.
  18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, please do discuss the attachment rule.

Falcon likes this.
  19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the chambers the council members were using to hold meetings in. I noticed Obi-Wan, Jess, and Ahsoka were attending by holovid. I glanced at the image of Jess and gave a loving expression as Jess perked up with a soft smile. “How are Rakiet and his mother settling in?” I questioned with a soft curious smile.

“Very well,” Jess answered easily. “Brice and Rakiet have become close friends and Brice told me he’s doing far better with his math studies since Brice began tutoring him. How did you make out with Jake?”

“I told him I would be willing to drop the charges if he agreed to take parenting and anger management classes,” I answered with a serious expression. “Senator Chuchi has offered to keep me updated on Jake’s progress. It’s either that or prison for how he treated his family, not to mention the assault and battery charges towards me.”

Anakin entered the chambers and came to a stop beside me as Obi-Wan perked up a bit. Padme walked in beside Obi-Wan and Rex walked up beside Ahsoka as I glanced at Ahsoka. “Ahsoka, how are the children?”

“They’re well, Fress. But they miss you and Anakin,” Ahsoka answered with a small smile.

“I miss them too,” I agreed with a saddened smile. It was too quiet on the ship without the children running around the house. “It’s too quiet on the ship.”

“Enjoy the quiet, Fress,” Padme spoke with a smile. “I bought something for our little return meeting, Ani,” she smirked slightly causing Anakin to blush a beet red.

“Oh?” Anakin questioned in curiosity as Padme smiled slyly, “did you give it some thought about my suggestion to spice things up a bit?”

“Can you two have this conversation another time?” I questioned with a smirk. “I don’t want to even know what you two do behind closed doors,” which only caused both to look embarrassed. Anakin glared at me as I gave an innocent smile.

“You’re far from innocent, my former padawan learner,” Anakin smirked causing me to frown. What was he thinking about now? “Would you and Jess mind the twins for me and Padme?” He sounded excited from whatever Padme just hinted at.

Definitely sex related and Anakin seemed excited all of a sudden causing me to blanch a bit. “Sure we can watch them,” I glanced at Jess as he gave a sly smile. “What did you do, Jess?”

“You’ll see when you get back. Padme and I went shopping together earlier today,” Jess explained with a small smile. “What she bought gave me an idea.”

“I see what’s going on, it’s not okay to hear it when Padme and I discuss it but it’s okay for you Jess,” Anakin teased causing me to roll my eyes.

“Shove it Sky Guy, before I hurt you,” I threatened in a teasing tone.

“Very Jedi like,” Anakin retorted in a non-serious tone. “I thought I taught you better than that.”

“Bring this meeting to order,” Yoda spoke as he sat down in his chair causing everyone to focus on him. “Master Kenobi, good to see you again, it is.”

“It’s good to see you again, my old friend,” Obi-Wan agreed with a smile. “Master Yoda and council members, the forbidden attachment rule only forces couples in the order to hide their relationship which puts a strain on the marriage. It’s more dangerous for a Jedi to hide a marriage then it is for them not to hide it.”

“Feel strongly, do you Master Kenobi?” Yoda questioned with a frown.

“I do master,” Obi-Wan answered with sincerity. “I fell in love with the Duchess Satine. If she had told me to leave the Jedi, I would’ve left,” he paused for a second as if hesitating about something causing Jess to smirk. I raised an eyebrow in Jess’s direction as if to say, what’s up? “I’ve fallen in love with someone six months ago and the relationship is getting serious. I will leave the Jedi this time if I am forced to do so. I missed an opportunity with Satine, I refuse to lose another.”

“To lose this many masters at once,” Mace shook his head as I glanced at Obi-Wan with a smirk. So that’s why he has been so busy in the last few months. I should’ve known a girl was involved. “Especially at a time like this.”

“Obi-Wan, when we get back you’ll have to bring the girl over so we can meet her,” I suggested with a smile as Anakin nodded eagerly in agreement. I can already tell Anakin was gearing up to tease Obi-Wan relentlessly with a mischief glean in his eye.

“Agree do I,” Yoda spoke as he glanced around the room. “To lose this many at once would be terrible, need training several young ones do, few masters left there are.”

I lowered my head. I knew not everyone survived once order 66 was issued. “Master, this would be a good trial run,” I suggested with a small smile. “They had relationships a thousand years ago and not everyone was young when they started their training. Each Jedi choose their own path whether or not they were in a relationship. It didn’t seem to make much of a difference.”

“I agree,” Mace gave a short nod. “Did they look just at marriages and singles or based on marriages alone, Master Yoda?”

“On marriages, just as many singles fell,” Yoda answered with a sigh.

“Shall we put it to a vote?” Kit Fisto questioned with a frown. “They may remain in their relationships and continue their roles as Masters?”

“All in favor?” Mace questioned as everyone raised their hands. “All opposed?” No one raised their hand as I breathed a sigh of relief. They couldn’t afford to lose five masters all at once. Nor were they prepared to do so. “We have our answer.”

“Continue to train the children, you will,” Yoda spoke with a frown. “Ready when they are, further their training here they will.”

“Thank you, Master Yoda, I appreciate it,” I smiled as I looked at Anakin as he grinned. “Leave Obi-Wan alone,” I hissed in warning causing Anakin to give me an innocent blank look. I shook my head sadly. You’re not that innocent, Anakin. I know you by now. Yoda dismissed us as we walked towards the landing bay. Anakin and I agreed to stay here for a few days before heading back to Tatooine. We’ve been away too long as it was.
    --------------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Glad that the Council voted to allow those that are married or in relationships to still be Jedi. The marriage rule has always been one that is hard to explain as to its purpose.

Falcon likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] Loved the meeting and final outcome and the teasing! Like sibs or best buds they are. :) Woot, looking forward to the couple time(s). [face_mischief] Totally agree with not having to hide and choose, as well. :)

Falcon likes this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat down into a meditative posture and stretched out with the Force. I slowly breathed in and out as I sensed all the Jedi on this planet all around me. It was an exhilarating feeling each time I tapped into the Force. I sensed someone standing at my door, and he felt like a padawan learner. I sensed his hesitation causing me to frown. “Enter.”

The door opened as I opened my eyes and looked at a familiar face causing me to smile. He looked like Jess at that age. Jess’s younger brother Mike if I had to guess. “I’m sorry for intruding, Master Colias. I’ve been told by Yoda I’m being assigned to you as your padawan learner.”

Oh no, Yoda just didn’t. He knows I’m raising two young children and I don’t have time for a padawan learner. I frowned as I sensed Yoda hobbling in causing me to turn my attention to him. Well played, Master Yoda. I suspect you know I can’t turn down Jess’s younger brother even if I wanted too. “Master Yoda, I have two young children I’m raising, I don’t have time…”

“Two more years of time you have, not being in the war,” Yoda reminded me with a light chuckle. “Jess’s younger brother, an education and training he needs. Handle the younger ones Jess can, train your first padawan time it is. Chores he can do for you.”

I glanced at Mike with a frown. Jess, Anakin and Ahsoka can help with other aspects but I would be the main teacher to him. Where the twins were concerned, we were all pitching in to help train both in the Force with basic training. Mike’s would have to be advanced training. “Master, we have five children we’re training now. What makes you think we can take on another?”

“Agreed Master Kenobi has, to help train the younglings,” Yoda answered causing me to frown. He really thought this one through. “More time to focus on your padawan learner, it does.”

You think you’re so smart don’t you Master Yoda? I held my tongue in check. I suspect he wouldn’t appreciate the retort, not to mention he would hit me with his stick again. How do you go up against a being who is well over eight hundred years old? “You really thought this one through, didn’t you?”

“Know your situation I do,” Yoda answered. “Ready for the responsibility, you are. If not ready, I would not have assigned him to you. If too much to handle, reassign him we can.”

“If it becomes too much, you’ll reassign him? To who?” I questioned with a curious tone.

“Master Kenobi, agreed he has. Take over Mike’s training if too much for you to handle,” Yoda answered causing me to frown.

“Well kid, you want to meet your niece and nephew?” I questioned with a defeated sigh causing Mike to nod with a smile. “I know your dad is going to be happy to know you made it out alive. Your parents are coming at the end of the month to visit.”

Mike grinned from ear to ear causing me to smile. Yes, Jess and Mike would get to see their parents again and it felt right to take him with me. If it was too much, I can always unload him onto Obi-Wan. “You found out who my mom and dad are?”

“We did, he’s a senator in the senate, Brice wants to be a senator. Force forbid we have a politician in the family,” I answered with a small smile. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all. I would pass on all that I have learned and Mike and Jess get to be together for a while. Brice and Leia was doing really well with Padme tutoring them and I knew Brice would make an excellent senator. I walked forward and hugged Mike. It was good to know he made it out alive, and I knew Jess would be relieved as well.

--
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific for all concerned. ;)

Falcon likes this.
  24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yoda as usual is dramatic in placing a padawan learner on those who don't necessarily want one.

Falcon likes this.
  25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I walked into the main living space as Anakin entered in from behind me. Mike was still strapped into his seat causing me to smile. “It’s okay to take the straps off now, Mike.”

Mike smiled as he unstrapped himself and stood up stretching his arms. “How long will the jump take?”

“Six hours, we need to figure out what to do to kill the time,” I answered with a small smile. “I was thinking we can start on some of your lessons, first I need to do an assessment to see what you know and what you don’t know yet or if there is something you want to work on, and we’ll go from there.”

“Sounds good to me, Master,” Mike agreed as I caught Anakin smirking at me. I knew why Anakin was smirking. I was dumped on Anakin like Mike was dumped on me.

“Or maybe there is something you can teach him, Anakin that me being a girl is unaware of,” I grinned as Anakin’s smirk fell.

“Jess can handle it,” Anakin answered as he watched me with a frown. “Besides Fress, you should be happy. This is your first padawan learner. Kind of reminds me of how you were dumped on me behind my back.”

“You didn’t have anything to do with this, did you?” I questioned with a serious expression causing Anakin to look innocent. Why do I have the feeling this was more Anakin’s idea and not Yoda’s? You’re not that innocent Anakin. “Mike, tell me what you know or show me your skills.”

Mike grinned as he levitated Anakin into the air causing me to smirk. Nice one. Anakin rolled his eyes causing me to smirk. “Put Anakin down, padawan,” I said as Anakin was lowered to the ground. “You have good control with the Force, how is your concentration when levitating for longer periods of time?”

“A minute to two minutes,” Mike answered honestly.

“Maybe that’s what we can work on during our trip back,” I gave a gentle smile as I looked around for Artoo. “Oh Artoo.”

“You’re not using Artoo,” Anakin was quick to object.

“I know it was your idea to assign me a padawan, we left Saber on Tatooine, Artoo will be fine,” I explained causing Anakin to glare as I smiled sweetly.

“What gave me away?” Anakin questioned with a curious expression.

“The innocent expression,” I answered with a grin causing Anakin to groan. Artoo rolled into the room as I turned my attention to Mike. “Let’s up the difficultly, do a hand stand and levitate Artoo into the air and let’s see if we can get your concentration up to four minutes.”

Mike nodded as he did a hand stand balancing him-self on one hand. A minute later he levitated Artoo into the air as I glanced down at my wrist chrono timing it. Five minutes passed by and Mike was still levitating. I decided to up the difficultly and added in a few lighter things to levitate. I sensed Anakin monitoring Mike through the Force. If Artoo fell, it could damage him.

It was going on eight minutes before Mike began to falter a bit as he lowered Artoo to the ground and the rest of the stuff. I glanced at Anakin as he looked impressed. Mike jumped to his feet looking disappointed as I smiled. “That was eight minutes, that’s not bad.”

“It felt like two minutes,” Mike said with a frown. “I thought I was levitating for a short time not a long time.”

“I timed it,” I explained with a smile. “It was eight minutes, you did well.”

“Thank you Master,” Mike said with a brighter smile.

“Wait until he tries meditating,” Anakin whispered to me. “It can go on for hours without you realizing it.”

“All in due time, Ani,” I whispered back with a smile. “It would help pass the time in hyperspace pretty quickly.”

“I don’t plan to meditate, but if you want to take Mike through the procedure, I can handle the ship on my own,” Anakin offered with a small smile.

“What are you up to, Ani?” I questioned with a suspicious frown. “Or do I want to know?”

Anakin gave a mischief smile. “You don’t want to know,” he answered with a grin causing me to raise an eyebrow.

Anakin was up to something but what. It’s not like he was going to do something to risk our lives, but knowing him he either had a prank planned or Padme sent him a naughty holo which only caused me to think it was the latter. I did not want to know. Mike and I made ourselves comfortable on the floor. “Stretch out with your mind and touch the Force. Let it surround you, guide you to a journey into your soul,” I sensed Mike settle his mind causing me to smile. He was a lot like Jess, a very quick learner. I closed my eyes sinking myself in as well. I saw images begin to form causing me to smile. “Allow the images to flow and follow where the Force takes you.”

As images began to focus, I saw what looked like an older Brice wearing the Empire seal on his clothing causing me to frown. Was this the clone that Palpatine replaced my son with? Anakin ignited his saber as the older Brice charged him causing me to gasp in shock. I lost my concentration and opened my eyes. Jess and Anakin were leaning over me with Mike hovering nearby. Jess held out his hand as I reached up and grasped it.

“What did you see?” Anakin questioned with a concerned expression. “Mike came out of his trance easily but you were pretty deep in it.”

I allowed Jess to pull me to my feet as I glanced at Anakin and swallowed hard. When did we land? I wondered to myself as I shook my head. “A possible future, you and an older Brice began to fight.”

“Was it possibly the clone?” Anakin questioned as I nodded. Brice was back with us so that was the only thing I could think off. Either that or Palpatine really was more crafty then we gave him credit for.

“Most likely, the future is always in motion. It’s not set in stone. It can change, I’ll have to meditate more on it,” I explained to Mike who was now paying attention to me. “So, did I miss you two hugging?”

“I’m relieved to see Mike,” Jess commented with a smile as he wrapped an arm around his younger brother’s shoulders. “Dad is going to be here at the end of the month with mom. I’m happy Mike will be here too.”

“I’m sure your parents will be relieved to see you both alive and they get to meet their grandchildren,” I said with a gentle smile as Jess released Mike. “He was assigned as my padawan learner.”

Jess grinned as he kissed me on the mouth. “That’s great, just try and not scare or corrupt him too badly.”

I gave Jess a mischief smirk, one that would cause him to think a little as Jess rolled his eyes. He knew I would train his brother well and wasn’t falling for my teasing. Before I knew it we were swamped with the children as they rushed into my arms.
    ---
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

RX_Sith and Nyota's Heart like this.