main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shining Light into Darkness: Silver Lining Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Title: A Shining Light in Darkness, Silver Lining
    Author Falcon
    Diary Challenge 2015

Notes: This is a continuation from two diaries. Order 65 and A shining light in Darkness. I’m doing a short introduction just incase any new readers would like to follow along.

I’m starting a new diary, my adventures managed to fill up my first one. It’s amazing how many years have gone by since I left my home planet of Alderaan at age six. That’s after my parents were killed in front of me. Mace Windu rescued me from the unknown Sith Lord that night and brought me to the temple to train as a Jedi. In case my last diary gets lost a short introduction is in order. My name is Fress Colias, ex-Padawan learner to Anakin Skywalker and recently acknowledged as a Jedi Master of what’s left of the Jedi Order. Especially after Palpatine activated order 66 killing Jedi Masters on the front lines of war. We lost so many on that fateful day.

I warned the Jedi ahead of time what was coming and what Palpatine planned to do after stumbling across order 65 and order 66. I have a feeling it saved the order. They got everyone out ahead of time, and that was before the clone troopers stormed the Jedi Temple.

I gave birth to two children in the meantime, Mekaila and Brice Shern. The news Anakin just brought me has me seeing red. Palpatine is messing with a very angry mother. Palpatine cloned my son and plans to use him as the Heir to the Empire and hunt down the remaining Jedi order.

I suspect he was after Anakin to do his bidding. Anakin woke up to what Palpatine was planning, why do I have this funny feeling that he was meant to fall in order to stop Palpatine? Did I prevent my former master from falling? There’s a question that will go unanswered.

Anakin found Jess Shern’s younger brother when we finally caught up with the Jedi order. Not to mention he suggested to Yoda that Mike be assigned to me as my first padawan learner. His training is going well, Obi-Wan is helping Jess train our children while I focus on Mike.

Jess and Mike’s parents decided to spend the week with us. Jess is happy, so is Mike and the children. Anna even offered for me to call her mom. I smiled at the thought. She is a sweetheart. I feel it’s too soon and Padme Amidala holds that spot in my heart. Maybe one day I can make room for Anna.

One day I hope to return to Alderaan, maybe retire there. It was difficult the first time around but now I have a family that needs me. My children depend on me and so does my husband, friends, and family. I smiled again. The trip to Alderaan last time wasn’t painful anymore. I guess that means I’m finally moving on.
    -----------
    I took a step back and allowed Anakin and the others to enter causing me to wonder what the news was. I entered the living area and sat down beside Jess as Rex took the children to their rooms. That only caused my suspicion to rise. “What’s going on?”

Anna and Derrick looked up at the others causing me to frown. “Senator Amidala, is everything all right?” Derrick questioned with a frown as he stood up.

“Please call me Padme, Derrick,” Padme smiled gently then turned her expression serious. “There is news from Coruscant, the clone is….” She paused for a second as she opened her hand and flicked on a holo cube.

What Brice would look like at age fifteen appeared in front of me. I felt my heart sink as I glanced at Jess with a worried expression. The theory about removing the Force to accelerate growth was true. I imagine within six months or less we would be dealing with Brice’s clone.

”That’s not all, my spies came across these plans and it’s not good,” Anakin cut in causing me to look at him as he turned on a separate holo cube, a giant space station the size of the moon appeared. “According to my sources its laser beam can destroy a planet.”

“What is it called?” I questioned as I fell chills on my back. A weapon like that should never exist. To destroy an entire planet was unthinkable.

“Death Star,” Anakin answered with a frown. “I have my people working on trying to track the weapon down.”

”If we can track it down, then what? It’s massive, what’s the plan for destroying it before it gets used?” Ahsoka questioned.

“We have tech’s analyzing the design,” Padme explained with a frown. “Hopefully a weakness can be found, if we find it now we have a better chance of destroying it while it’s in the unfinished stage.”

That made sense, but the question was, is the beam operational or not. “In the mean time, would you all care to join us for dinner?”

”Are you sure it’s all right, Fress?” Padme questioned. “We wouldn’t want to impose.”

”We don’t mind, we have more then enough to go around, if not Jess can always make a run to town,” I answered with an inviting smile. Padme nodded with a smile as Rex and the children walked back into the living area. Brice and Mekaila ran to Anakin attaching themselves to his leg. I smiled as Anakin reached down and patted their heads in turn. I had a feeling everything was going to be okay, and maybe one day we can retake Coruscant.
    ----------------

Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great start as the Death Star is being built and the Jedi look for a way to combat it.

Falcon likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific continuation =D= Glad the Death Star building has been detected at this stage.

Falcon likes this.
  4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    After dinner and everything was cleaned up, Brice walked up to me with a concerned frown as he sat down beside me on the couch. I wrapped my arm around him praying that no one ever gave my son a hard time over what his clone might do. And the only way to prevent too much damage was to kill that clone. “Is something on your mind, baby?”

“Mom, I overheard you and the others talking this afternoon and...” Brice paused for a second and shook his little head. “Is it true about the clone? He’s just about grown?”

“It’s true,” I answered honestly. “And I fear you will have a rough time because of what this clone plans to do. The only good thing is the Jedi are aware that there are two of you running around. And they know that the one that will come to them is a clone and not you.”

”He’s not me, mom. I’m not the one causing damage,” Brice reminded me with a small smile. “I couldn’t hurt any of you.”

”I wish that was true, baby,” I explained gently. “When the dark side corrupts your soul, you end up hurting the ones you love most. Palpatine would’ve convinced you that we abandoned you on purpose, don’t love you and he would’ve turned you against us. That’s what’s he best at. He turns people against each other.”

”I’m glad you got me back,” Brice leaned against me and sighed. “I’m more happy these days and it’s because you gave me a choice and didn’t force me to do anything. I love you, mom.”

”I love you too, Brice,” I closed my eyes feeling at peace. I loved my children more then anything and would protect them at all costs including giving up my life for them. I’m thankful I have my son back and didn’t end up with a clone.

I heard a hissing noise in the background causing me to frown and turn towards the direction it was coming from. A man in black armor with a skull like helmet stood before me. It was life-sustaining armor. Who could this man in this armor possibly be? The hissing noise filled the room causing me to frown. He felt vaguely familiar. “Who are you?”

”Go on your feelings, my ex-padawan learner. Join me Fress, and we can rule the galaxy as Emperor and right hand.” The man answered.

“Anakin?” I questioned sounding shocked and was beginning to shake. “What happened to you?”

“That name has no meaning for me anymore,” Anakin answered in a deep harsh tone. “I will train you as a dark knight. I am Lord Vader and I demand to know if my child survived.”

I opened my eyes with a gasp as I stared at Anakin with fear in my eyes. “Take at easy, what’s going on? What did you see?”

“You in black life-sustaining armor and you demanded to know if Luke survived you,” I answered as I shook a bit. Anakin was meant to fall to the dark side. Preventing him falling changed the future to one where my son was going to pay the price. “I think you were meant to fall to the dark side. I’m pretty sure we hid the twins from you too. You demanded to know if your child survived you.”

Anakin looked shocked as he sat down on the couch to my other side. I just noticed Brice had fallen asleep on me. I didn’t mind, I got to hold my baby and that made me happy.

”Wow, what else happened?” Anakin questioned with a serious expression. “I would’ve believed anything Palpatine told me, if you didn’t help me.”

”You proposed to rule the galaxy as Emperor and right hand,” I answered with a frown. “Anakin, maybe I made a mess of things.”

”Don’t think that, Fress,” Anakin reassured me with a smile. “I would be missing everything if I fell to the dark side, Padme would’ve died and the twins would've been separated. If you didn’t wake me up to Palpatine’s plans, things would’ve turned out differently. You have Brice back. Even though we will have to deal with his clone. The real Brice will be trained in the light side and the Jedi council is aware of the situation Palpatine has put your son in. Eveything will turn out fine, the sooner we deal with the clone the less damage he can do. Thank you Fress. You prevented me from making a horrible mistake and I can never repay that back.”

Anakin hugged me as I returned the hug. “You can be pretty stubborn at times. You’re welcome,” Anakin was right. The sooner we dealt with this the better. Maybe Brice would allow us to give him a second name that would prevent confusion in the future for him. There was an idea I didn’t think of until now. Everything will be fine, just have to take this one-day at a time.
    ----------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet mom/son talk and chilling! vision of the possible present/future that Fress averted!!! Anakin is right. Her choices rescued a lot of persons individually and lessened the chances of potential catastrophes occurring. Yes, that is a great idea, give Brice a second name and have everyone call him by that. :D

Falcon likes this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great idea to have Brice take a different name that will hopefully make everything better.

Falcon likes this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat down at the table as Jess sat down on the other side of the table. I reached for his hands and smiled wearily. We agreed on Brice’s name together and I wasn’t sure how he was going to react about giving Brice a second name. “Jess we need to talk. I’ve been worried about Brice’s clone and what Palpatine plans to do with him. I’m worried this will put our son into a bad light.”

”I’ve been thinking about this as well,” Jess explained in an honest tone. He suddenly looked a little nervous then he looked calm as I sensed him stretching out over our bond. “How do you feel about giving him a second name?”

I sat there feeling stunned that Jess would bring it up before I did. Apparently we were on the same wavelength which made us a good couple to begin with. Jess and me were always on similar wavelengths and since our time as a couple, the bond has grown strongly between us. “This is going to be easier then I thought. I was about to ask you the same thing.”

“Let’s leave the decision up to Brice, but treating his first name as a middle name would be better. He can abbreviate the b,” Jess proposed with a smile causing me to smile.

“I agree with you, let’s ask him if he’s willing to allow us to give him a different first name for him. That way it will become less confusing and if Brice wants, he can choose it,” after all Brice is the one who is going to have to answer to it. I added this silently to myself.

“Good idea,” Jess agreed with a smile. “I think we should sit him down and tell him. He knows it’s not him that causes the damage, so it’s guilt he doesn’t have to live with. I can see how other people will become confused. The only problem is what if Palpatine found out?”

“He may think we’re being paranoid parents and does nothing with that information,” I said with a frown. I didn’t think about what would happen if Palpatine did find out. Brice might not even agree to this at all.

“We’ll leave it up to Brice,” Jess said with a frown. “I love Brice and I don’t want to see him get hurt because of some crazy clone.”

“Leave what up to me?” I heard Brice question from standing behind me. I stood up and turned around to him. I kneeled down in front of him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

“Your father and I have concerns about this clone running around. We’re not sure how you feel about this, how do you feel about taking on a second name?” I questioned with a frown. “I just don’t want people to mistake you for the clone.”

“Only if I get to choose it,” Brice answered with a small grin. “I’ve always liked the name Anakin.”

”How about you give it some thought and let us know,” I encouraged with a smile. Anakin, this boy looks up to you. I know he loved Brice as his grandson but wow, I didn’t see this one coming. I wondered how Anakin would feel about Brice wanting to take on his name? One way to find out was to bring it up in a conversation with Anakin. Brice nodded in agreement with a grin. At least Brice liked the idea. If Mekaila asked for a second name then we would have to allow her to choose one. It was only fair.
    -----------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great that the lead-up to the decision went so smoothly.

Falcon likes this.
  9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Anakin, meet my son, Anakin. Sounds good to me.

Falcon likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat down beside Anakin as he cuddled with Padme on the couch. Luke and Leia were playing on the floor with Brice, Mekaila and Tessa. Mike was outside with Jess working on his lightsaber skills. I knew Jess was enjoying working with his younger brother and taking on Mike as my padawan learner was definitely not as bad as I thought at first. I also wanted to see what Anakin thought about Brice changing his name to Anakin. A part of me felt it may make things a little confusing. On the other hand we could always make it Brice Anakin Shern. That caused me to smile a bit. “Anakin, Jess and I were talking to Brice about giving him a second name to help prevent people in the galaxy from getting confused between the two.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” Anakin agreed with a smile as Brice looked at him with a hopeful expression. I didn’t want Brice to be crushed. I also prepared Brice just in case Anakin said no. “That’s a good idea. What name does Brice have in mind or are you going to choose it?”

“We decided to allow Brice to choose the name,” I answered honestly as Anakin nodded in approval. “I told him to give it some thought first but he does have a name in mind. How do you feel about Brice Anakin Shern?”
    Anakin became silent as he glanced at Padme who was smiling as she leaned her head against his chest. “I have a feeling you made quite an impression on young Brice,” Padme commented.

“I’m honored,” Anakin looked at Brice who was grinning. “Yes, I’m fine with it. I’m curious as to why he choose my name? If you’re okay with explaining that to me, Brice?”

Brice stood up from the floor and walked over to the couch and climbed into Anakin’s lap. “You are mom’s former master, and she sees you as a father figure. Plus I just really like the name. You see me as your grandson and seem to enjoy it. You’re a good person…”

“All right, I think I got the holo,” Anakin said with a smile as he hugged Brice to him. “I love you Brice. I’m fine with you taking on my name. “

“Thanks Grandpa,” Brice closed his eyes as Anakin held him closely with a satisfied smile on his face.

“Thanks Ani,” I whispered to Anakin. “You’re a great guy.”

“I know I am,” he boosted with a grin as Padme snuggled in closer to him and placed a hand on Brice. “I’m sorry that Palpatine is dragging Brice’s name through the mud like this. It’s not right.”

“I know,” I agreed with a sigh. What could we do, the damage was already done. “Nothing can be done about it now, the damage is going to be done soon enough.”

Anakin nodded in agreement as he tightened his grip around Brice. I loved my son, but what Palpatine was about to do to his name just burned me right up. He shouldn’t be allowed to get away with such horrible things. If I ever came across Palpatine, I wouldn’t bother calling his name, instead I’ll be plunging my light saber right through his back no questions asked.
    ----------------------

Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awww, sweet "family moments." :)

Falcon likes this.
  13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great family values all around.

Falcon likes this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I ran down the hallway as Anakin led the way. I had my lightsaber in my hand but it remained unlit at the moment. I still can’t figure out how Anakin talked me into breaking my promise with Palpatine. Anakin pointed out that Palpatine accelerated the growth of the clone not giving my chance to grow up to adult hood. He made a good point but I still had the safety of my home planet and people on my mind. I promised Bail I would stay out of the way to keep Alderaan safe from the Empire. I’m not one for breaking my vows. “Are you sure about this?” I asked in between breathes as Anakin nodded yes.

“Fress, he accelerated the clone’s growth. He’s about to drag Brice’s name through the mud by letting him loose on the Jedi. Do you really want your son to live with a burden that he is not old enough to handle?” Anakin questioned causing me to grit my teeth. No one got between my son and me. I just hoped that Palpatine didn’t retaliate on Alderaan. This worried me. Palpatine proved to be one not to tangle with directly. I had a feeling tackling him directly was the only solution to put a stop to this war. I didn’t say a word as we rushed into the throne room. Some joke I thought as I rolled my eyes. He turned the Chancellor’s office into a throne room? Someone has grown an ego over these last few years. “Next order of business, it is time to widen the doors to accommodate Palpatine’s oversized head,” which I heard Anakin chuckle lightly in agreement.

“Hello mother, I’ve been expecting you,” I heard a voice comment causing me to freeze. I turned towards the chair where the clone was standing beside Palpatine. He looked like Jess with my eyes, hair color, and chin. “Have you come to kill me as Master Palpatine has predicted?”

Anakin walked up beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder as I felt my anger rise inside me. “Don’t give into your anger, it will only make matters worse.”

“Or maybe come to reason, you are the clone of my son,” I pointed out with a hopeful smile. “This is no way to live, Palpatine is using you to do his dirty work for him. Come with me and I can show you a much better life,” he could learn to be his own person, who he really wanted to be and not be a puppet for Palpatine to use for his own means. This Brice was a clone, but all clones had their unique personalities no matter who the host was. They learned just like everyone else despite their training. The only question in my mind was, would this Brice take up my offer.

TBC

Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

I\m running out of time to get my post in, so it's a bit short. I'll try and aim for something longer within a week. Promise to not leave you hanging for too long...

RX_Sith likes this.
  15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Which path will Brice's clone choose; the good side or the dark side?

Falcon likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent stopping point, making us all eager to know what this "Brice" will decide. [face_thinking]

Falcon likes this.
  17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I stared at the clone as he hesitated for a second causing me to frown. He looked surprised when I referenced him as a clone of my son. I have a feeling Palpatine never told him that he was a copy. “Do you remember anything for the past seven years?”

”No, Master Palpatine told me I have amnesia, and that’s why I can’t remember anything,” Brice answered in a cold tone. “He told me you would try to convince me otherwise and looks he is correct.”

“Brice, my son is seven years old this year, not a full-grown teenager,” I explained with a serious expression. “Brice’s twin sister is seven years old this year as well. If you chose the dark side you will become a monster like him, lying and manipulative,” I explained with a serious expression. “He doesn’t care who he hurts, just as long as he gets what he wants. He uses everyone for his own means.”

“A twin sister?” Palpatine questioned causing me to curse under my breath. Sooner or later he would know about Mekaila but I was hoping for much later. “This was not in my plans.”

Brice’s clone looked at Palpatine with a confused expression on his face. “I have a twin sister? You never told me that?”

“She’s lying to you, Brice. She never loved you, she tossed you aside first chance she got,” Palpatine quickly countered the accusation. “Both her and your father.”

“You stay out of this, Sith,” Anakin snapped angrily. “You caused enough problems already.”

I took out a holo of Brice and Mekaila and turned it on. “This was taken three days ago, this is Brice and Mekaila. My children. You grew up too fast, that is why you can’t remember anything. We can teach you to be your own person, to take on a different name. Clones with accelerated growth rate don’t live as long. You will be running into health problems in a couple of years from now. At least allow me to care for you. What do you say?”

Brice looked over at Palpatine who suddenly looked surprised. I had a feeling he didn’t know either, but I remember the last few batches of clones was rushed and they died on the battle field from massive heart attacks. The heart could not take it due to rapid growth rate and improper nutrients. “She’s lying to you, Brice. Don’t believe a word she says.”

“Listen to your instincts, you’re heart will never steer you wrong,” I explained with a small smile as I extended my free hand. “Come with me, son. I can get you out of here and into a much better environment where love and happiness fills the air and not this negativity.”

“What happened? How did I end up here?” Brice questioned as Palpatine growled.

“A couple of hours after giving birth, a desperate mother with a very sick baby switched hers with Brice. Palpatine found out and brought him here and started raising him as his own. He cloned Brice and allowed us to have the original back five years later.”

“And this child Brice was switched for, does he still live?” Brice questioned with a curious tone.

“No, the disease he had kills a child in five years or less, he died from an infection his body didn’t have the strength left to fight off. His name was Drake, Ahsoka and Rex raised him, they’re friends of ours. We don’t regret taking Drake in,” I explained with a hopeful smile.

“How can someone you proclaim to be evil take a very sick child in to care for?” Brice questioned in an irritated tone to Palpatine. He drew his lightsaber and turned on Palpatine.

”Give into your anger,” Palpatine taunted causing me to frown. “Strike me down and you will become more powerful then you can possibly imagine.”

”Don’t do it,” I said feeling on edge. “Giving into your anger will lead you to the dark side.”

“This is no way to solve a problem, besides killing Palpatine is my job,” Anakin said as he lit his lightsaber.

”I’ve been waiting for you, Skywalker,” Palpatine grinned sickly causing me to shiver. “Join me and fulfill your destiny as you were meant to be by my side as Lord Vader.”

“Never will I join you. My eyes have been open to your evil ways,” Anakin answered. “I will only hurt my family if I did.”

I knew his family is what was grounding him. I smiled knowing Anakin preferred to raise the twins with Padme. If he did fall Padme would hide them from him and I knew that would hurt Anakin. “You’re wasting your breath.”

“Am I now?” Palpatine questioned with a frown. “And yet here you are, breaking your promise to stay out of the war.”

“You broke the contract when you accelerated the growth rate of the clone,” I pointed out in a serious tone. “Not giving my son a chance to grow up.”

“That I did,” Palpatine agreed as Brice turned towards me drawing his lightsaber. Palpatine had a remote in hand causing me to remember the biological chip implanted in the clones brains. A chip that made them do his bidding without a choice. “Kill her, she doesn’t love you. Strike your mother down and you will become more powerful then you can possibly imagine.”

“Don’t do it,” I pleaded as Brice rushed me. I raised my lightsaber and blocked the blow with ease. This wasn’t the clone’s fault. Either surgery was performed to remove the chip or the clone had to be destroyed.

TBC
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Riveting contest of wills! And a great cliffie!

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Hopefully the clone will be knocked out so that way they can get him to surgery and remove the chip that Palpatine controls him with; as for Anakin killing Palpatine, I don't know if that would really be good since that would cause Anakin to turn to the darkside as well; or maybe not.

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I exchanged several blows with the clone, I caught a quick glance of Anakin circling Palpatine with his lightsaber lit. I hoped Anakin didn’t get himself killed or turned to the dark side. I didn’t think he would turn but you just never knew, the dark side could trick just about anyone. “Let go of your anger and hatred, it’s the only way to think clearly.”

“Never, I like the rush,” Brice’s clone answered in an angry voice. As he pulled back ready to strike again.

I used that chance to attack him pushing hi them back with several calculated swift strikes and managed to push clone up against the wall. I held my lightsaber blade at his neck causing the clone to pause. Palpatine hadn’t taught him everything and I was more adept at using a lightsaber. That gave me the advantage over him. “Let go, Brice. Come home with me and we can figure this out.”

“Kill me,” the clone pleaded causing me to hesitate. I couldn’t kill him. He was still flesh and blood regardless of how he came about. “Please. Something doesn’t feel right.”

That caused me to pause as the clone suddenly collapsed to the floor grasping his head as I caught him in my arms. “Brice?” I questioned as the clone’s face turned blue. I placed his head gently down on the floor and leaned over him. He had stopped breathing. I closed my eyes and stretched out with the Force and sensed his heart had stopped, just like the other clones who were accelerated too quickly. I started CPR on the clone. Hoping to get his heart going again. I felt his presence slip into the Force. I closed my eyes as I heard Anakin and Palpatine exchanging blows. I held the clone in my arms. “I’m sorry this happened to you. Just know I love my son.”

I felt my heart hardened at the thought of what Palpatine did to him. I looked up as Anakin and Palpatine continued to exchange strikes. I picked up my lightsaber and stood up igniting it. “You son of a Sith!!” I yelled out loud causing Palpatine to pause as I rushed him with my lightsaber raised.

“Fress no!” Anakin yelled out my lightsaber connected with Palpatine’s stomach, the lightsaber sliced right through

Palpatine coughed up blood as he looked at me in shock. Anakin had caught Palpatine’s blade preventing Palpatine from striking me down. I used the Force to slam Palpatine up against the wall and kept him there. “Die and don’t come back and if you have a clone somewhere, we will find it and destroy it. You will mark my words.”

I retracted my lightsaber blade and let Palpatine drop to the floor. “We shall see,” was Palpatine’s last words as he blew up. Dark side energy rushed towards me as Anakin covered me, he blocked the worst of the blast with the Force creating a shield around us.

”Fress, what has gotten into you? That was my job,” Anakin said as he stood up and looked at me with concern searching my eyes. “At least your eyes are still blue.”

“I don’t feel any different,” I closed my eyes and walked back to where I left the clone’s body. His body had disappeared causing me to frown as I looked up. Brice’s spirit watched me with a grateful smile. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m not, you freed me. Thank you,” Brice answered with a frown. “Please take care of Brice. He will still need you. I will watch over all of you.”

I watched as he disappeared causing me to turn to Anakin. “I don’t know what came over me.”

“Palpatine was foolish to stand between a mother and her cub, I knew this was going to happen,” I heard Dooku’s voice causing me to freeze. I knew we were forgetting something. “Now the Empire is mine for the taking.”

My eyes widened in shock as I turned towards Dooku. I felt Anakin yank on my arm as we ran. Getting out of the palace was going to be a trick now. Or maybe Dooku will let us go? I highly doubted it.

TBC
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intense battle and :eek: the clone of Brice didn't survive and then the extra twist of Dooku still being a threat! =D=

Falcon likes this.
  22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Dooku being in charge definitely changes things.

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I looked at Anakin breathing hard. We just finished taking out a whole squad of storm troopers or clones I suspect. They all had the same mind activity I learned to associate with them. I readied my lightsaber as I eyed our get away ship. We are so close to getting out of here. I could almost taste instant freedom.

Anakin gestured for me to take the left and he was going to take the right side. I nodded in understanding as I hit my wrist chrono-letting Saber know to take the engines off of standby. Anakin gestured again as he counted down with his fingers. Three, two, one, we ran along the sides of the wall towards the ship as the engines flared to life. Good old Saber, I could always count on my astromech.

As I approached the ship both Artoo and Saber fled down the ramp as the ship turned into a fire ball. “Blast it!” I yelled out as Anakin pointed towards the exit. It was our only way out. We’ll have to find another way off planet. Both Saber and Artoo joined us at the exit as we ran out onto a platform. There was a land speeder near by.

We ran to it as Artoo and Saber used their jet packs to fly into the back seats. Anakin jumped into the driver’s side and quickly yanked out wires and hot-wired the speeder. The engines flared to life as he lifted the speeder off the hanger floor as shots rang out from behind us as more clone troopers flooded the platform. The shots barely missed us by inches as I smelled burnt ozone.

“That was a close one,” I commented as Anakin nodded in agreement.

“We’ll have to ditch this speeder and find a new one to use,” Anakin explained with a frown. “Then we’ll have to find a way off this rock, even if that means we pretend to be refugees. We’ll go to an alliance controlled world and get into contact with Padme for funds to buy a new ship.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” I agreed as Anakin took the speeder into the lower levels of Coruscant. What better way to quickly sell a hot speeder and use the money to buy passage off this planet. Our lives are not an easy path to follow, it came with the territory of training to be a Jedi.
    -------------------

Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, intense action & a tight spot there. [face_nail_biting] Hope they can get safely away.

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Another escape, but to where?