main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shining Light into Darkness: Silver Lining Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I watched as Anakin handed the codes he came up for the speeder we stole to the being who bought it. He turned his attention to me as he pocketed the pouch of credits. “It’s enough to get us off planet.”

“Any ideas on who to contact to get us out of here?” I questioned as Anakin fell into step beside me.

“One of my contacts for smuggling for me is planet side,” Anakin explained with a frown. When did he make a call? I wondered with a frown. “He’s agreed to meet us in one hour from now. Until then we have to continue to dodge the search party that’s looking for us.”

“Right,” I took a deep breath as Anakin placed a hand on my shoulder. “I may have made things worse for us by killing Palpatine.”

”Not really,” Anakin explained with a frown. “Dooku is easier to deal with then Palpatine is.”

”True,” I agreed with a frown as we entered a dingy looking restaurant bar. Anakin walked towards the back booth that would allow us to see who enters before the person has a chance to see us. I slid into the booth as Anakin watched me with concern.

“I sense something is troubling you,” Anakin pointed out with a frown.

“You’re the chosen one, Anakin,” I commented with a frown. “Just before I impaled Palpatine you yelled out no, it’s my job,” I looked up at the Anakin as he raised an eyebrow. “I feel like I stepped out of line.”

”Might I remind you, you were trained by the chosen one?” Anakin questioned with a frown. “You just made my job easier but if I hadn’t stopped Palpatine’s blade, you would’ve died as well.”

“Yeah true, but still, what does it mean?” I questioned with a frown. “It feels like the path has changed and isn’t as clear as it used to be.”

“It changed the day you prevented me from joining Palpatine,” Anakin reminded me with a frown. “The future isn’t set in stone. Besides, without Palpatine manipulating everyone we have a better chance of putting an end to this war. Don’t worry, Fress, it doesn’t matter who kills Palpatine. The main thing is he’s dead. Besides, he cloned your son and planned to use him against the Jedi. I bet he didn’t see you coming back with a vengeance.”

‘I suppose. I just never saw myself killing Palpatine,” I muttered under my breath. “So you’re not mad?”

”Not in the slightest,” Anakin answered with a soft smile. “Don’t worry about it.”

”Thanks,” I glanced up as Anakin’s contact slid into the booth with us.

”I take it the sooner we leave, the better?” The man questioned with a serious expression. “What did you two do? The whole planet is on high alert.”

“Long live the Emperor,” I commented with a small smirk causing the man to frown.

”You killed him?” The man asked as Anakin eyed him with a hard expression. “How much do you plan to pay me to get you off planet?”

”I have enough to double your fee to get us on an Alliance controlled world,” Anakin answered as he handed over half. “You’ll get the other half when we land safely.”

“Thank you, that is all I ask. Shall we go before they realize where you are?” The man questioned as he stood up.

“Best idea I’ve heard all day,” I slid out of the booth as we headed towards the rear exit. The sooner we got off planet the better chance we had of making a new plan to deal with Dooku next.
    ----------------------
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! Glad they had a ready contact and escape route! Happy about Anakin's assurances to Fress.

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Hopefully they won't fall into a trap.

Falcon and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Long live the Emperor,” I commented with a small smirk causing the man to frown.

His dry humour is priceless! :D

Falcon likes this.
  5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    You mean her dry humor ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry, got distracted by Easter preparations... [face_blush]

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That's okay :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    We dodged five more patrols on the way to where Darson was docked. With Palpatine dead, and knowing we did it. The planet was on high alert for both of us, we didn’t want to attract any more attention to us. We just wanted to get off planet, then once the heat has died down a little. We’ll come back for Dooku to finish the job.

“This way,” Darson said as he led us into a hangar bay where his ship was waiting for us. He led us up the ramp as another patrol entered the hangar bay. Anakin closed the ramp as the guards to our ship.

“Blast it, they must have the entire planet on lock down,” Anakin shouted as Darson took the engines off standby. “Hey Darson, do you have weapons on this heap?

“Does a Jawa steal?” Darson answered in an irritated tone. “I need Fress on the lower cannon, the shields are slightly better.”

“On it,” I answered as I rushed to the cannon and climbed in. I brought the cannons on line as Darson lifted the ship into the air.

“We have incoming,” Darson shouted over the comlink. “Mark twelve-hundred.”

“Got it,” I acknowledged as TIE fighters came into sight and started shooting at us. “Shoot first ask questions later,” I commented as I shot back.

“Dooku is with them,” Anakin shouted over the comlink as I heard him shoot at more TIEs.

“How can you tell?” I questioned as I sensed a dark presence make contact with my mind. “Never mind, I just sensed him,” I aimed at the next nearest TIE fighter and shot it down.

“Get ready to make the jump,” Darson called over the comlink. “Three, two, one,” I heard the engines scream to life as the dots turned into lines as I felt myself relax for the first time since we arrived on Coruscant. I unhooked the harness and climbed out of the cannon.

“First chance we get, we have to get into contact with Padme to let her know what’s happening and that we need another ship,” Anakin explained with a frown.

“I bet Mon is going to want to know that Palpatine is dead and Dooku is now in charge,” I agreed with a frown as Anakin nodded in agreement. “The clone is dead and hopefully Dooku doesn’t create another one.”

“What is the deal between you and Brice?” Darson questioned with a curious tone.

“Brice Shern is my son, Jess Shern is the father,” I answered honestly as Darson gave a short nod. “Which planet are we going too?”

”Naboo,” Anakin answered with a small smile. “They never aligned themselves with the Empire. As long as Padme and her family stays alive, they will never gain a foot hold.”

“Hopefully they never do,” I agreed with a frown. “I’m sure you would like to visit your in-laws and let them know how the kids and Padme are doing.”

“I do have a few holo recordings for them, it’s been a while since they saw the twins,” Anakin agreed as he sat down on the small chair. “As much as I want the twins and Padme to be with me so they can visit, these are not good circumstances.”

“We’ll find another time for them,” I suggested with a smile as Anakin nodded in agreement. “In the meantime, we need to take out Dooku, once he’s dead, we can make plans to retake Coruscant.”

“Sooner the better,” Anakin agreed as Darson walked in and walked to the prepping unit.

“Would either of you like something to eat? Since you paid me more then enough, it’s the least I can do.”

“Yes, thank you,” I answered with a smile as Anakin nodded in agreement. Darson made a wicket bean stew. I asked him for the recipe because I liked it that much.
    -------------
    Five hours later

Anakin and I walked down the ramp followed by Artoo and Saber as Darson stayed onboard just incase we missed our guess about the planet staying neutral. Jobal and Ruwee walked towards us with a welcoming smile as the queen accompanied them. I bowed to the queen as she smiled. “Mi Lady,” I greeted gently. “Thank you for meeting with us.”

“You and Master Skywalker will always be welcomed on Naboo, Master Colias,” The queen said with a smile as Darson fired up the engines. “I’m also under the impression that Palpatine is dead?”

”He is mi lady,” Anakin answered with a frown. “Fress killed him. He cloned her son and was planning to use the clone for his own means.”

“I see,” The queen answered with a frown as she turned towards Jobal and Ruewee. “Ruewee, Jobal, I’m sure you’re interested to know how your daughter is doing?”

Jobal walked forward with a nod as she looked at Anakin. “Hello Anakin. How is Padme and the children?”

”They’re fine Jobal,” Anakin answered as he held up a holo cube. “This was taken a week ago and Padme asked me to bring it along incase we stopped by here. We need to get into contact with Padme. They blew up our ship and we need a new one loaded with at least one cannon.”

Jobal took the holocube and turned it on and smiled. “They’re getting big and Leia looks a lot like Padme at that age,” she smiled appreciatively as she showed Ruwee as he nodded in agreement. “Thank you, Anakin.”

“I shall supply you a new ship,” the Queen spoke with a smile. “It’s the least I can do for you two taking on such a difficult task.”

“Thank you, your highness,” Anakin answered sounding a little surprised. I had this feeling we should scan it for a homing beacon. “I still would like to get into touch with my wife.”

“Of course you would,” the Queen agreed as she led the way. “Mon Mothma was here earlier in the week and Naboo is aligning ourselves with the Alliance.”

Maybe this wasn’t some odd trick for the Empire to track us down. “I thought Naboo decided to stay neutral. What changed your mind, your highness?”

“I’m a mother myself, Fress,” the Queen answered. “I have heard of your story on how Palpatine raised your child, but I didn’t know about the cloning part until Master Skywalker mentioned it. That spoke volumes of Palpatine’s true colors to me. If he cared he would’ve never deliberately invaded his home world to gain office.”

This Queen was smart and put the pieces together of Palpatine’s true nature. That was a little surprising. “Welcome to the Alliance.”

“Thank you, General,” the Queen smiled again as we followed her to an office in the Palace. My life has always been an interesting one. In my line of work I have visited more palaces then I would’ve dreamed of.

”Anakin, would you and Fress care to stay a few days?” Jobal questioned with a smile. “We would love to hear about how the family is doing.”

“Sure Jobal, we would love too,” I spoke before Anakin had a chance to respond letting him know I was okay with that request. I was anxious to get back to my family but Padme and the children haven’t seen their family in a long time. He had a lot to tell Jobal and Ruewee on the children’s developments. Anakin smiled and nodded in agreement.
    -----------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith, AzureAngel2

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great strategy and plans. Like the Queen's compassion and good sense. :) Nope, now's not the time for a family reunion :p but hopefully it'll be soon.

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    At least Naboo is helping Anakin and Fress and hopefully it's not a trap.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I also pray that this is NOT a trap. [face_nail_biting]

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I sat cross legged in the small cottage that the Naberrie’s owned. I was sitting on the small white porch overlooking the lake and green hills were off in the distance and the sky was a clear blue this morning. I closed my eyes sinking myself into the Force hoping that it would give us direction on what to do next. How do we deal with Dooku? I sensed the Force instantly respond to my touch. I released myself from my body. The feeling made me feel weightless.

Images formed in my mind’s eye as I walked up to where Dooku was sitting on a throne. He was laughing like a maniac causing me to frown. The laugh didn’t sound like it belonged to Dooku. It sounded like Palpatine’s voice. How is that possible? I killed him.Not unless he does have another clone somewhere.I heard rumors you can transfer memories through the Force from one being to a Clone who wasn’t aware of his surroundings yet. Either the clone was hidden in plain site or we have yet to find the correct planet.

The images changed again. This time I am standing in front of a holo transmitter. The Death Star was hovering above Alderaan causing me to frown. A sick feeling suddenly came over me as I watched a giant beam hit the planet in the center causing the planet to blow up ten seconds later.

A disturbance in the Force hit me hard causing me to feel sick to my stomach as millions of voices cried out in terror with blinding pain followed by silence. I opened my eyes with a gasp as Anakin came rushing out to me. I looked up at him in silence as he helped me stand to my feet.

“Did you sense that?” Anakin questioned with a frown as I nodded in agreement.Tears ran down my cheeks as Anakin had a confused look on his face as I threw myself into his arms. “ Fress, do you know what just happened? What did you see?” I couldn’t speak a word. Alderaan was just blown away. My home planet and friends was dead.
    ---------------------------
    Word reached Naboo three hours later as they showed the footage I saw in my vision. The Empire destroyed Alderaan and the blame fell instantly onto my shoulders. I killed Palpatine and they took their revenge out on Alderaan. Anakin placed a hand on my shoulder as I glanced at him. I sensed anger and hatred towards the Empire from all those standing around as they showed the footage again. I turned away from the holo field as I felt my throat close up as I fought to breathe attempting to calm myself. No matter how hard I tried, the tears filled my eyes. “It’s my fault. I brought this onto Alderaan. I should’ve never gotten involved with the war again,” this is the first time I spoke in those three hours since I sensed Alderaan’s demise.

“Like hell you did,” Anakin growled out in anger. “He’s using it as an excuse to abuse power,” I sensed everyone else silently agree with Anakin. “Palpatine was too dangerous to be kept alive and now we still have Dooku to deal with. This isn’t your fault, Fress. Don’t blame yourself for this. You have nothing to feel guilty about.”

“Fress, if there is anything I can do, please let me know,” the Queen spoke gently causing me to give a slight smile in turn. “This isn’t your fault. You did as they asked. They turned around and cloned your son to use for their means. It is clear that Dooku has to be stopped and the Empire commits nothing but crimes. They lie and deceive. Do not allow them to get to you. My condolences on the loss of your home planet.”

“Thank you your highness,” I whispered as I felt Anakin hug me from the side as one by one everyone offered their own condolences.“ We have to track down the Death Star and find a way to deal with it before more planets meet the same fate as Alderaan.”

Everyone nodded in agreement as I felt resolves begin to strengthen.It was clear on our next course of action. We had to find a weakness to use against it. That was going to be a trick in itself. The Empire has shown its hand, now it was time to show ours.
    ---------------------

TBC
    Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, RX_Sith

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fress' reaction is understandable. Like the sympathy and strong resolve from everyone.

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Unfortunately, the Death Star is around for the Empire to use on poor Alderaan again.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I was lying on the bed as I felt the mattress shift. I haven’t eaten much in the past two days. Anakin tried to entice me more than a few times, but I just couldn’t stomach food at the moment. I was too stressed to even think about food. I looked up as Jess lay down beside me wrapping his arms around my frame. “Where are the children?”

“I left them with Owen and Beru,” Jess answered softly. “As soon as I heard, I had to come. How are you holding up, sweetheart?” He questioned as he messaged my shoulders. “Anakin told me you’ve skipped meals since. He’s worried, we’re all worried. You have to eat.”

“I know,” I whispered back as I turned on my side to face Jess. “My people are dead, and they’re placing the blame on me…. I tried to eat but all I feel is sick after a few bites.”

“It’s not your fault. Don’t let them get to you. As soon as they cloned our son to use for their means, they broke the contract as far as I’m concerned,” Jess reassured as he gently kissed me. “You didn’t destroy Alderaan, they did. Have you slept much?”

“No,” I answered honestly as Jess watched me with concern.

“Why don’t you take a sedative, get some sleep, by morning you’ll be ready to eat? You haven’t given yourself time to reset,” Jess suggested with a smile. “I need you, Fress. The children need their mother.”

I smiled at the thought of my children. It could be worse. Knowing the children and Jess were safe did make things a little easier to take. Anakin burst through the door with concerned expression. “Fress, someone is on the holo wanting to talk with you. You have to see this.”

I slowly sat up in bed as Jess released me. I stood up and followed Anakin out of the room wondering what got him excited. As I neared the family room, Anakin and Mekaila rushed me hugging me from the legs. “I thought you said you left them on Tatooine?”

“I thought they will have a better time of cheering you up,” Jess answered as Luke and Leia attached themselves to me.

“Hey guys, did you behave for your father on the way here?” I questioned my set of twins as all four nodded with smiles. I glanced at Jess and Padme as both nodded. “Who wants to go out for ice cream?” All four cheered. “Did Ahsoka and Rex come with Tess?”

“Nope, Tess is here but they were sent on a mission,” Jess answered causing me to frown. “They’ve received word that a squad was sent to steal a copy of the Death Star blue prints. They went to assist.”

“Good, the sooner we take that weapon out, the better,” I felt my stomach growl with a vengeance as I glanced at Jess who had a plate of food in hand. I accepted the plate as all four let go of me and went to play with Tess. “We’ll go after I eat.”

“I hope you don’t mind, when I learned Padme and the children were coming I bought some ice cream with some fixings,” Jobal said with a kind smile. “It’s good to see you happier.”

Padme stepped forward and hugged me. “I’m sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need anything, even if just to talk.”

“Thank you,” I returned the hug as best as I could. “It feels unreal.”

“This isn’t right, and we will bring the culprits to justice,” Padme reassured me as she took a step back. “Just know we’re your family and it’s not your fault.”

“Thank you,” I whispered back feeling humbled by Padme’s kindness. I sat down at the table and picked up a fork as Anakin placed a cup of liquid beside me. “Thanks Anakin.”

“We’ll get him,” Anakin reassured me. “No matter what it takes.”

I smiled as I turned to my dish as my appetite returned. I ate the delicious meal feeling a little better about everything. Jess was right. I just need a reset for my mind to absorb everything that has taken place.

--------------
    Nyota's Heart, RX_Sith, AzureAngel2

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful heartwarming love from Jess and the kids. LOL Nothing like returning appetite to make things a bit better too!

17. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Fress is totally upset about Alderaan getting blown up due to her involvement, but really it was going to happen anyway sooner or later. The Empire is just using its destruction to feed anger towards Fress to turn to the dark side and I hope that she doesn't considering her family needs her.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Three days later

I walked into a room with Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, Mon Mothma, Ackbar, and Garm Bel Iblis. Ahsoka and Rex had returned from their mission with the Death Star plans. Ackbar had his crew working on finding a weak spot if one could be found. A station of that size, there had to be a weak spot. I didn’t see Bail or Breha. I was hoping that they weren’t on planet. There was a chance they were and that was not a reality I was not looking forward to facing. Ahsoka stood up and walked around the table and brought me into a hug.

“I’m sorry, Fress, if you need anything,” Ahsoka offered as she took a step back. “How are you holding up?

“Thank you,” I knew I was going to hear this for a while yet. “Doing okay, I guess. I was hoping Bail and Breha weren’t on planet…”

“They weren’t,” Ahsoka answered with a smile as she nodded to Anakin who opened the door. Bail and Breha along with a little girl walked in.

“Thank the Force,” I felt my hope renewed. We could always choose another planet for any survivors. Bail walked forward with a smile as we hugged. Breha took her turn as I felt my lip tremble. I needed a distraction. “I’m thankful you’re both safe and who is the little girl?”

“We adopted a daughter and were off planet celebrating when the Death Star made orbit above Alderaan,” Bail explained with a smile. “This is Princess Lillian Organa.”

“Nice to meet you Princess,” I smiled kindly as she smiled back. “I’m Fress Colias,” I turned my attention to Bail. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Bail questioned looking confused then as if making the connection turned to one of understanding. “Did you pull the trigger?” I shook my head no. “They’re using it as an excuse to abuse power and because you killed Palpatine. It does not make it right for them to blow up Alderaan.”

“It’s not your fault, Fress,” Breha reassured with a soft sad smile. “I miss home too. Bail and I are grateful we’re still alive but we’re grieving for the loss of our people. We can always rebuild and I’m sure there are other survivors.”

I nodded in agreement as Padme stepped in beside Bail and hugged him. “I’m thankful you’re both alive. Let me know if we can do anything.”

“Thank you, Padme,” Bail said as he stared at me. “Fress, how are you feeling about this?”

“Fress has taken the loss of Alderaan hard,” Anakin spoke up from the other side of the table. “It took three days before she could finally eat again.”

“We need you, Fress,” Bail spoke in a kind calm tone. “Alderaan still needs it warrior,” he held out a box to me as I took it from him. I opened the lid, a ring with the Alderaan symbol was on it. “When the time is right, you may pass this ring onto your daughter. I heard Brice is learning to become a politician?”

“Yes he is,” I answered as I closed the lid. “Thank you. I appreciate it. Mekaila is turning more into me. We will bring Dooku to justice.”

“I know you will,” Bail agreed. “That I have no doubt of. “

“General Colias, we have the blue prints decrypted,” a Lieutenant standing off to the side reported.

“Bring it up on screen,” I commanded as the Lieutenant nodded and the blue prints appeared on a 3d holo gram. I circled the blue prints as Anakin studied them himself causing me to frown. The Death Star was massive as I studied all the ports. I spotted a trench with a small exhaust port. “Two meters wide, this isn’t going to be easy.”

“It’s our best shot,” Anakin agreed as he nodded in agreement. “A small exhaust port, a proton torpedo will be able to penetrate the shield. A dead on shot should send one right into the power core.”

“We will mount a full scale attack right away,” Bail explained with a frown.

“The sooner the better,” I agreed with a nod. “We can use the attack to cover up our purpose.”

“My thoughts exactly,” Obi-Wan agreed as he walked into the room. “My condolences on the loss of Alderaan.”

I gave an appreciative sad smile as Obi-Wan studied the diagram. “This is our only shot.”

“We’ll have to make sure it counts,” I commented as Anakin nodded in agreement.

“Admiral Ackbar, sensors indicate a large object coming out of hyperspace,” someone ran in looking terrified. “It’s the Death Star, it has made orbit on the outskirts of our system.”

I looked at Bail as he didn’t look shocked causing me to frown. Did he already make arrangements? If anyone wanted to take out that Death Star more than me, it would be him.

Tbc
    RX_Sith, AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific about Breha, Bail, and Lillian. :) :eek: Plans for taking out the battle station need to be hastily implemented looks like! =D=

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Better hurry and destroy the Death Star before more destruction occurs.

Falcon, AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, RL kept me so busy that I missed 3 updates. :(

The more happy I am that all three of them carry the story forward to a hopeful happy ending. Which is deserved after all the darkness and tragedy the sith AND the Death Star brought upon so many.

Nyota's Heart and Falcon like this.
  22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    We followed Bail into a room where several people were gathered causing me to frown as I gave Bail a curious expression. Where did all of these beings come from? That’s until I caught sight of some beings that I hand chose for cell leaders. “Bail?”

“General Colias, I called in all the cells in order to deal with this threat,” Bail explained causing me to give a short nod in agreement. “I’m sorry for not warning you or General Skywalker ahead of time. Would you please debrief everyone on the plan?”

“Of course, Prince Bail,” I answered in a formal tone as Anakin and I approached the front of the group. I turned on the holo projector as the Death Star appeared. “As you may or may not know, the Death Star has made orbit ten minutes ago. If there is any chance of taking it out, this will be it or Naboo will be next on the list the Empire destroys and we can’t let that happen. We have one shot of destroying that monster. We need everyone to help keep the TIES off of our backs as General Skywalker and myself will be attempting to shoot a proton torpedo into this exhaust port. A direct hit should send the torpedo right into the power core. The target is only two meters wide. We need everyone’s help to keep the diversion going so they do not detect our plan.”

“Two meters wide?” A Lieutenant questioned with a raised brow. “That’s insane, how can you possibly make that shot at those speeds and be able to pull out in time?”

“A Jedi loves a challenge, and when it’s challenging that is when we’re at our best,” I answered with a smirk causing Anakin to grin and nod in agreement. “It won’t be easy, but it’s doable. We will be splitting up the squads. We will be taking three from each squad to set up runs into this trench. There are guns guarding the trench but their targeting systems are meant for the larger ships. Smaller fighters should be able to slip through with ease. We have one good shot at this, let’s make it count.”

“This is a crazy plan,” another spoke up with a frown.

“His middle name is insane and mine’s crazy,” I smirked causing Anakin to shake his head sadly. “Are there any questions?” No one spoke up as I glanced at Anakin who nodded. I turned my attention back to all those who are gathered. “Get to your fighters and good luck to everyone, May the Force be with us all.”

I watched as everyone stood up and exited out of the room as I turned my attention to Anakin who gave me an encouraging smile. I wish I could feel as confident as I sounded. Anakin stepped forward giving me a hug. “Good luck Master.”

“You too, Padawan,” Anakin took a step back after I released him. This was it. It was either do or die. Jess and Padme evacuated the planet with the children getting them along with Breha, Tess, and Lillian out of here. Bail planned to direct the battle from down here.

“We should get to our fighters,” I commented as Anakin nodded in agreement as we left the room and headed down to the hangar bay. As we closed in on the hangar bay I could hear the engines of the brand new X-wings fire up. To be honest I was a little nervous, this was a long shot. Anakin and I could die in this battle. We would be watching over our families from beyond death. That thought scared me more than anything else.

TBC
    RX_Sith, Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, great ramping up to the crucial moment! =D=

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Here come the Rebels to the battle of the Death Star.

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I lifted the X-wing off the hanger bay floor and followed Anakin out to space. I felt my heart beat loudly in my chest knowing for the first time ever in battle, I was nervous. This time I had two children to live for and going into battle meant I might not come home. The fighting was intense as I sensed those from the alliance as well as Imperials die in battle. We would have to make a head count and inform families. I blocked a part of my mind so I couldn’t sense the deaths. They were distracting as I sensed presences slip into the Force. “Shadow five and six form up on me. We’ll set up for the next attack run if Gold Lead fails.”

I heard clicks of acknowledgement as I led the two fighters away from the fighting area. I kept a view of where I could keep an eye on Anakin. I sensed him through the Force and I would know if he died in battle. I would feel it through the Force. He better make it out alive. “Blue Five, take blue six and seven. Set up for an attack run in case I fail,” I heard clicks through the comlink acknowledging my orders.

“Targeting range ten minutes,” a voice announced over my comm causing me to frown. I looked down and watched as Anakin’s fighter took a hit on the wing. “Gold Lead to Shadow Lead, are you all right?”

“I can hold her,” Anakin insisted as I watched the X-wing tilt to the side.

“No you can’t, the wing looks bad from here. Pull out now, and that’s an order General,” I snapped out as I heard Anakin curse under his breath.

“Set up for your attack run,” Anakin ordered as I pushed the X-wing towards the trench. “Good luck, Shadow lead.”

It’s a good thing I got practice with a Z-95 headhunter earlier in the week. This allowed me to readjust to the X-wing’s shape since they were similarly built. I took the targeting computer offline knowing this would cause me to miss. I had to trust myself in the Force on this one. “Shadow Lead, what’s wrong? Your targeting computer is offline,” a technician monitoring the X-wings below stated causing me to bite my lower lip.

“It’s fine, control. Leave her be,” Anakin commented causing me to smirk. “Trust your instincts, Padawan.”

I smiled tightly as I let go of my feelings allowing the Force to flow through me. I easily made my way through the blasts as if time had slowed down from the cannons in the trench as I continued to push my speed to the limits. I was approaching the exhaust port at faster speeds then I warned my two wings I had planned to do.

“Shadow Lead, this is too fast. This is insane, we should slow down.”

I ignored my wingman as I manually adjusted the torpedoes. “Get ready to pull up when I give the word,” I commented as they took out more cannons as we approached the target.

“Death Star is now in targeting range, the laser is powering up.”

I felt calm as I took a deep breath and released one torpedo then the other. They slipped into the exhaust port with ease. “Pull up now and get clear of the Death Star, it’s going to blow. It’s a direct hit,” I ordered as I pulled up the X-wing as the two behind me pulled up with me.

I pushed my X-wing away from the Death Star as blames burst from the exhaust port followed by a big explosion. “That was for my people and my home planet,” I muttered under my breath not realizing my comm had transmitted. I closed my eyes as tears formed in my eyes. They could no longer use the weapon on other planets.

“Shadow Lead, Gold Lead was caught in the blast. He couldn’t clear the Death Star in time,” Gold three reported causing me to curse under my breath.

“Get the Medical transport out here,” I ordered as I sensed Anakin’s presence. “He’s still alive but will need immediate medical attention.”

“Are you sure?” Gold three questioned causing me to frown.

“I can sense his presence, but he’s weak,” I answered as I pulled the X-wing in the direction I sensed Anakin. Come on, Ani. I’m not telling Padme you died during battle. I searched the debris as Saber beeped causing me to look down. “You found Artoo? Where is he?”

Saber beeped again as I caught sight of a blue and white dome. “Right,” Anakin’s head had hit the side of his X-wing and there was blood seeping through his helmet. He was alive but unconscious. I attached the towing cable hooking it onto his X-wing and started moving towards Naboo. You better live through this Sky Guy for your kid’s sake. On the other hand, Anakin was stubborn so I hoped that meant he would hold on. I watched as the squads mopped up the rest of the TIE fighters as a medical frigrate met me half way back to Naboo. The weapon could no longer terrorize the galaxy. That still didn't shake the feeling of killing innocents aboard the Death Star and that will be with me till the day I died.
    ----------------------------
    RX_Sith, AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart