main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A short comedy sketch - The Used Falcon

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NoSaveFilms, Sep 8, 2013.

1. NoSaveFilms

NoSaveFilms Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2013
    New to these boards. Please check out our latest comedy sketch if you have a free moment!

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I don't know if it's your actors or the microphone, but audio clarity is a bit of a problem in the first scene.

I would have liked an insert of the Falcon in the outdoor scene, however fake it might have looked Photoshopped in—in fact, the fakeness could have been funny. When the actors point and gesture at it, our eyes expect a cut to what they're looking at. I'm guessing you were trying to hold back the effects until the flying reveal toward the end, but… eh.

The effects look good though. You did a good job lighting the actors and graphics to match.

I'd have tightened up the edit between "we're gonna crash" and the graphics scene outside.

I liked the matter-of-fact tone of the comedy. And the sly reappropriation of the credits music when we think it's over.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. NoSaveFilms

NoSaveFilms Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2013
    Adam, thanks for the constructive criticism and the kind words. Thanks for taking the time to view our page!