main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Short Story Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Musical Jedi, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    SilentJediWriter, that was absolutely incredible. I have never felt great symapthy towards Xanatos, but you managed to dredge some up. Quite a bit, in fact. Many kudos to your writing.

Here is my own attempt.

~~~~~~~~
    Stoned-Faced Façade
    ~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan stood out on one of the balconies that overlooked Coruscant, taking refuge in the calm solace of being alone. Night had fallen with him unaware of it, but now he enjoyed looking at the lights that twinkled from the various scrapers that covered the planet?s surface, blocking out what lay beneath their cool, unyielding exteriors.

Not unlike my own Master, he couldn?t help but think.

The Padawan bit his lip, sucking in a deep breath in an attempt to prevent tears from spilling over onto his cheeks, but he failed miserably. The dampness came unbidden, and his skin glowed faintly with the reflection of light on tears. He let out the breath he had pulled in with a sigh, tasting saltiness on his lips. Feeling the bitter tang of rejection once again in his heart. How long would he be recompensing Xanatos? How long?

He thought he would have broken through his Master?s shields today. It had been the first time he had won an award at the tournaments held periodically in the Temple, the sparring matches that kept the Jedi?s reflexes honed. Obi-Wan had been undefeated in all of his matches, named champion for his weight class. And still Qui-Gon had looked on, almost looking through his Padawan instead of at him.

A lump settled itself in Obi-Wan?s throat as the memory continued to play itself. He was standing before Qui-Gon, searching his Master?s leonine features for some hint of pride in, some hint of love for his Padawan. It wasn?t there, though. The comfort, the uplifting the young man sought was not in his face, and if it were contained in his heart, he didn?t give voice to it.

Instead, the Master, the rebel who was at once revered and detested by the Council, merely shook his head and gave his padawan a slight smile. ?We need to work on your footwork, Padawan,? were the only words he uttered, words that seared and burned on the heart and memory of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

But it had always been this way. From the first reluctant acceptance of Obi-Wan as his Padawan, Qui-Gon had always been at arm?s length or farther, ever the mentor, the teacher, but never the comforter, the father that Obi-Wan craved in the truest sense of the word. Nothing was ever good enough, and Obi-Wan knew, somewhere within him where he could admit such things that he would never confess verbally, that it was only a matter of time before having Obi-Wan as a Padawan was no longer convenient, and Qui-Gon would move on, leaving him with untold damage.

Obi-Wan hung his head, the tears from his eyes dripping from his face to fall on the railing and beyond, lost until they hit deep into the bowels of Coruscant.

It was only a matter of time.

2. SilentJediWriter

SilentJediWriter Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    TheMusicalJedi- Wow, poor Obi. You did a wonderful job!!! BTW, thanks for reading my story. I was unsure to what anyone would think when I posted a Xanatos story. Thanks again! And Great story!!

Siri_Z- Thanks!!

3. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    I like these. Here's my attempt.

Dialogue taken from the first movie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He looked out at the stars, and the planet, knowing what he must do. He didn?t want to do it. He didn?t know how this had gone wrong. He was never supposed to have to use this. It was never even supposed to be built. It was just something to keep the Emperor happy. He sighed in frustration.

?We?ve entered the Alderaan system.? The captain told him. He nodded in acknowledgement

The doors hissed open behind him. He was out of time.

?Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader?s leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board.?
    Couldn?t she see he didn?t want to do this?

He brought his hand up to hold her chin, as always playing the role he had been forced into. ?Charming, to the last. You don?t know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your life.? That was nothing more then the brutal truth.

?I?m surprised you had courage to take the responsibility yourself.? So was he.

He walked slightly away. ?Princess Leia, before your execution, I would like you to be my guest at a ceremony that will make this battle station operational. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now.? He prayed that wasn?t true. Let something go wrong, our let the people completely revolt, but he knew what he was doing was wrong. But he was trapped and had no way out.

?The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.? He knew that. He prayed that the people would be brave enough to fight, even if he couldn?t.

But he must play the role of an unredeemable Imperial officer. ?Not after we demonstrate the power of this station.? He paused, still surprised that he would have to do this. ?In a way, you have determined the choice of the planet that?ll be destroyed first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test this station?s destructive power on your home planet of Alderaan.? He turned away from her, unwilling to she her reaction.

?NO! Alderaan is peaceful, we have no weapons. You couldn?t possibly...?

?You would prefer another target, a military target. Then name the system.? He saw the trapped look in her eyes. *Don?t tell. * He wanted to say to her. ?I grow tired of asking this, so it?ll be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?? He was standing over her. He was amazed that no one could see his conflict. Though, perhaps Vader knew.

She looked over his shoulder at Alderaan. ?Dantooine.? She looked up at him, then down in grief. ?They?re on Dantooine.?

He wanted to cover her mouth. Why had she told? ?There. You see Lord Vader, she can be reasonable.? He turned to the station?s captain. ?Continue with the operation. You may fire when ready.? He wanted to kill himself, then and there.

?What?? He nearly winced at the princess?s response. Why did he have to do this?

?You?re far too trusting.? Why, why? ?Dantooine is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don?t worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough.?

He turned away, sickened by what he was doing.

?No.?

He watched as the superlaser powered up. *Please let something go wrong. * It fired.

*May the Force have mercy on my soul. *

Did that come out ok?

4. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    TheMusicalJedi- crow... dude thats great! Poor Obi indeed, wonderful portral!! Luved it.

5. Alida

Alida Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    In response to the challenge, I chose to do Count Dooku in the scene from Episode II. Hope everyone enjoys.

---
    He watched the weaker ones fall, trembling blades of grass crushed under the heavy boot of oppression and greed. Those beside him?the traders, the leaders, the bounty hunter?looked on gleefully, like children watching their favorite holo adventure. This was merely sport to them, a small amusement to hold them over till their next big deal.

Corruption?Dooku loathed it like he loathed this chaos in front of him. This filth that polluted the air around him, they were the scum of the galaxy. Weak, pathetic pieces of meat that all carried a price tag as visible and as obvious as their gluttony. He had bought their loyalty with promises of wealth, whispers of power. Their unearned, superior smirks of arrogance only made Dooku long more for the day that all of them would be expendable.

Below him, struggling desperately for victory in the name of freedom, were the few beings in the galaxy that held Dooku?s respect. The Jedi were unshakeable, unreachable, and?consequently?unpurchasable. Their morals elevated them in Dooku?s eyes, even as it damned them. Even as he damned them.

Their idealism, their blind belief that justice would prevail as long as they fought for it?This inability to see the Republic for what it was ?a festering breeding pool designed for and governed by vermin?would be their downfall.

Another Jedi fell under the unrelenting droid fire, his mental cry of pain dancing from Force-user to Force-user before fading to a dull echo. Dooku wanted to close his eyes, clench his fists?let out a frustrated scream. He would not, could not, but the temptation was there.

Why did the fools fight on? Their deaths were as imminent as the end of the Republic. How could the Jedi fail to see that he would appreciate them? That his way would give them the honor and justice they craved? Why?why did they fight?

The answer to that painful question...he knew it. The Jedi fought for the ghost of honor, for the golden memory of peace that remained forever elusive. Dooku used to fight for those same things, but now he knew better. The specters of the past were insubstantial; they were lessons to be learned, not virtues to be upheld.

A small Jedi collapsed on the rough ground of the arena; the Count could tell that this one was hardly even a Knight. A clinical voice in the back of his head dispassionately noted that the remaining Jedi would be dead within minutes. Dooku locked gazes with his oldest friend, Mace Windu.

Eyes burning for the first time in decades, he looked away. He recited calming mantras, reminded himself sternly of the necessity of destroying his former family. The Jedi had chosen their path when they had refused to heed his warnings.

The surviving Jedi swung sabres defensively, slowly backing into a circle. Dooku?s eyes fell on the corpse of the bounty hunter, Jango Fett. Sparing only a moment to gaze at it, he moved on to take in the stoic, exhausted Jedi.

A sudden hope flared in the Count?s chest. Perhaps now that their defeat was obvious?perhaps?

He raised a hand. The droid army ceased fire. The Jedi still standing fixed him with hostile, challenging stares. Dooku?s heart fell; those relentless glares said what voices did not: the Jedi would never listen to him. An overwhelming weight settled on his shoulders. Dooku wanted to rail at the Jedi, to curse them for mulish stubbornness?for sheer stupidity! ?but he buried frustrated, hurt words. Calming himself, he spoke.

?Master Windu,? he said, focusing on the most familiar face, straining to keep his voice steady and free of emotion, ?you have fought gallantly. Worth of recognition in the Archives of the Jedi. Now, it is finished.?

Blood?smell of burning flesh?waves of pain?defiance dulled with acceptance?

Yes, it was finished. It was finished, but it was far from over.

Dooku met each and every angry glare levelly. ?Surrender, and your lives will be spared.?

?We will not become hostages for you to use as barter,

6. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Alida- Wow, that was absolutay awsome!

A totaly different side of Dukoo for sure! I loved the way you made him think the Jedi as his kin.

Wonderfully written!

7. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    In response to the challenge I did Luke, my favorite character, this is set shortly after the Bespin duel.
    Obi-wan lied to me! Anger boiled into Luke's brain. He felt he was experiencing the pain all over again. He remembered all too clearly. Red, Blue, Red, Blue, the clash had seemed to last forever. He clenched his remaining hand into a fist.

If Obi-Wan was here, he would pay! The young Jedi laughed devilishly as he contemplated the ways he would have punished the old man.

You were nothing but a liar Ben!
    Vader had known all too well the truth. The Dark Side was the only way. Why had he resisted?

He heard footsteps. His hazy vision barely discerned the figure standing in the doorway.

"Leia?" His choking gasp came out closer to garl

"It's okay Luke, you're safe, we're taking care of you." He felt her delicate hand against his face.

Everything is your fault Leia! His hand shot out and smacked Leia hard across the face. The painful shriek of the Princess brought a self-satisfied smile to his face.

Pain! Life is about pain! Struggling he reached his feet. His lightsaber! Where was it? He remembered, GONE.

Leia dashed out of the room, only to come back a moment later with the medical droid.

"Seditives, just knock him out." The medical droid nodded and walked towards the stumbling youth.

In it's metalic voice it goaded him, "Lie down, sir. Make things easy as they can be."

His anger drove him forward. The universe would feel his pain and share his agony.

Then in a second, everything exploded in light, and his legs deserted him. His anger faded to blackness.

8. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Oh, wow! Look at all the goodies! I have been brain-gorging, folks and I have to say that this is tasty stuff!

Cynical21, Jacinta_Kenobi, Siri_Z, SilentJediWriter, MJ, jedipati, Alida, Emperor_Billy_Bob, thank you for such great, thought-provoking stories! I enjoyed each and every one. :)

< thundering applause >

9. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow! There are so many great stories here!! Everyone did a great job. I'm a newbie, but I wanna try this out. I hope it's good.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Darkness Prevailing

I sensed it. Darkness?completely surrounding him. There was nothing?not one thing that anyone could do.

I stand here watching?waiting?knowing what will happen next. I wish him to listen?there are many, many pleads for mercy and yet he provides none. Everything is helpless. Every plead, every step, every sigh, every touch, every thought, every-?everything.

He?s there?directly in front of me, standing in the middle of the open hall, which went silent when his footsteps touched the polished floor. Behind him I can see the pouring rain, which looked like the teardrops of those who he mercilessly murdered. Lightning snaps again and again, cutting through the menacing dark sage green sky, matching the movements of his sizzling lightsaber when he ruthlessly cut his victims down. Thunder growled, as the wounded on their deathbed do, much like his prey did when he killed them slowly. Cold wind whipped through the hall, demanding his cloak and mine, but received it not. The wind reminded me much of his anger, which arose within him when his demand was not met.

When a sudden lightning flashed, its swift light fell on the shadowy form of him, revealing only some of his identity. His once calm, young, and caring face now had a stern, stiff, and determined expression claiming it. His warm, playful eyes were now cold and distant. His shoulders, which were always pulled back with his graceful pace, were now slumped down, as if the weight of his dark cloak was pulling him down. His once fluid pace was now hard and quick. Everything about him was now ?changed.

He was my protector and I was his?what happened? What caused this darkness which claims him to eat his thoughts and to blind his actions? What happened to the man I once knew and love...what happened? That is something I will never understand, and fear to know.

I stand my ground, watching him, waiting to see his choice of movement. This was a surprise, really! This dark man, whom killed hundreds heartlessly, practically destroyed planets, cruelly set up wars against every planet in the galaxy, shattered lives of many, and,without looking back, continued on. This man!!! This beast!!! He is here, in the most incomprehensible place for him!!!! He knows he can die here, but still, blinded with darkness and anger, he walked directly into this building, into the center of his death. All this, he knew, but was determined to complete whatever he had on his hollow mind.

Wind called for my cloak, whipping it wildly in the air, and around me, but my eyes remained focused on the figure, which death trailed. My eyes fall to his right side, and I note his deadly lightsaber is not on his belt in its rightful place. Then I look more closely at his gloved hand and see that it is clenching the lethal weapon itself. I swallow hard, but force myself to mask my feelings. I know that if I am to die today at the hands of this killer creature, I cannot change the future, though many say it is always it motion. In motion, yes, that is what it is, but fate will not change. If I am to escape, I will live, but if I am to die, but escape, I will still die before this day is out.

Knowing my chances are slim, I decide to speak with this person whom the darkness had claimed. ?You?ve changed, Master.? I could not decide whether or not to call him ?Master?, but I let the Force guide my mouth and spoke.

Beneath the shadowed hood, which hid his haunting face, an empty and uncaring voice spoke this, ?I am not your master anymore.? No, that voice was not my master, but the voice of his soul is. If I could only find him?

?You are correct,? I pause, glancing back at his burning glare, ?I am not of the Dark Side.? I knew that was cold, but it was true. Also knowing I may have just signed my death warrant, I reached to my left side and grabbed my protector and life?my lightsaber.

Once my movement was made, and the

10. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    So much creativity has blossomed on this thread! Flowers for everyone, I am impressed!

11. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Hmm, rather intresting...

Excellent stories, so far, everyone! I have read through most, and thought them all amazing, thoughtful and a bit heart rending.

I know evil Luke has been done, but this would be before ESB. Oh, can we post two? I know I shouldn't, but I just have this little idea for another type. Oh, I have a bit of a feeling this won't make sense in the morning....
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    The Game

Dark Luke

The sound of footsteps echoed hollowly on the walls of the empty hall. It was night within the ship Redemption, and most beings were asleep, but one walked. That one was as dark as the shadows that surrounded him, though those who met him thought him nothing more then a gentle naïve young boy. If they only knew that that ?boy? was like death made flesh.

A cold smile slipped over his lips as he entered his quarters, the quarters that he shared with another, another that would not return this night, nor ever for that matter. It hadn?t been one of his more gratifying moments, but he had to silence the other, the one he once called a friend, though that one was more like a shield. Just another thing to make people think that the little farmboy from Tatioone was not a threat. But that other had found out his game, and had died for it.

No matter. They would find the body in the morning, and put it up as being electrocuted. No one would ever blame the hero. No, no one would blame Luke Skywalker for the murder of another Rebel.

The fools, he sneered as his hands worked to remove his slightly blood stained tunic. The man had put up a good fight. But he had known how to bring him down, and end it.

The Alliance, as they liked to name it, didn?t know that its hero was a killer, a luster of power and pleasure. No, far from it. What they saw was a naïve boy just off a backwater world. They saw the angelic hero, with golden hair and eyes that were windows to his soul. But within that façade, there was something dark, beautiful and deadly hidden.

He disposed of the tunic into the garbage disposal. It would be gone by morning, when they left. The only evidence to link him to that murder would be flushed into space. And he hadn?t even planned it. But it didn?t matter, he was an experienced killer.

If they knew about his past, they would never had let him in. But they didn?t know. They didn?t know that he had first killed at fifteen, and had continued, changing methods as to never be caught, weaving a game into it, a game to gain power and for the pure pleasure of killing.

Not even old Kenobi had caught on. How foolish the old man had been, to believe that hero worship that Luke had bestowed on him was real, when in fact it was to distract him from the truth. Luke had known the power within him for years, but now he had a name for it. The Force. A most intriguing weapon.

But enough of that, on to other plans. He had quickly risen in rank, but he wanted more. He had the Princess or was it former Princess? Leia Organa at his mercy, and she was blind to it. Just an innocent smile, and begging blue eyes, and she would give in to almost anything. For the harder details, he had to be a bit firm, acting as naïve as he was suppose to be, and have a will to match hers, with a bit of logic slipped in. But she would someday stop playing the game, and when that time came, he would have to deal with her too.

Han Solo was not a threat, and his pet was a small danger, nothing more. Kenobi was dead, with a little intervention from him, as he had blocked the old man?s senses to some of Vader?s attacks, and eventually made sure that the old Jedi could not retain his form by breaking his concentration. Vader had sensed what he had done. They would make a good team, except Luke felt that Vader was also a barrier between him and power. He wanted someone to manipulate, to stand in the front and take it, good or bad, and he would be free to play with the fate of worlds without the blame. But Vader would not be a being to manipulate, but in time, even he would fall, and Luke would be one step closer

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Neon- Erk!!!! *runs away in fright* I never knew Luke could be so.... *runs from thread in fright*

Oh, and good job!

13. Odele

Odele Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Don't have much time, just wanted to drop a line saying how wonderful all the new stories are! Keep up the good work ppl!

14. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    Cant name all the ones I've missed so far, but they are all absolutaly wonderful!

So much creativity is swirling around here. always a good thing huh? ;)

Keep up the great work everyone!!

15. Jedi_Grace

Jedi_Grace Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Wow! I post my little short on Dark Padme and I've been keeping tabs on this thread ever since. Very, very impressive work, everybody! I'm blown away by the extraordinary work here! Some of it is very scary, particularly Dark Yoda. Thought never crossed my mind, and I've never seen any fics w/ dark yoda in them. Anyway, I just want everybdoy to keep up the good work, and congrats to MJ for starting up such an interesting thread!

16. jedifighter

jedifighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Okay, I'll try but don't expect it to be good. It's about a person I made up but Sith appear in this.

The Deadly Game

I sorry Leia I couldn't save you. Even though I tried, I couldn't. Your brother slaughter you and I saw it. I promise you to
    cover your back, and promise Han you'll be safe. But no, I was to caught up in fighting
    Vader that I couldn't save you. Your brother laughed in your face. I jumped on him and screamed in his his face, shooting his arm, leg, and his chest. I didn't care what Luke
    said. My world was destroyed, and crushed. You were my best friend, my only family left.
    I loved you like a sister, and now you are dead, gone, fovever, like my family. I barely
    escaped, but I should have died, not you. It's my fault you are dead, MINE! I should care about you, not me. I didn't do anything,
    thats why you died. I will not cry, or shout.
    I will get revenge on your death. I, Jane Starr, will make sure your brother will feel the same pain you and I felt. Even if it kills me.

End.

Like it? Hope you did. You guys can call me JF.

17. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    JF- Hey that was really good! Don't go putting your self down becuase it was slightly different from everyone elses. Thats what makes it better. It may not be with an origonal character, but it was still portrayed wonderfully. :)

Great Work.

18. jedifighter

jedifighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
  19. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Kudos to all the writers! The stories are all magnificent. :)

Write as many as you like, as long as you don't monopolize the thread. I have an idea for a second story as well... [face_devil]

20. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    A Darker Reflection

Chaos_Rose is my muse for this fic. If you?re out there in the crowd ? THIS ONE?S FOR YOU!! She gave me an extra challenge (which really turned into the biggest help of this story) and told me to put the earrings in.

This was hard for me. I love Obi. Poor Obi... ;)

I'm going to incite a riot with this.

[hr]

Onyx and citrine earrings. They were so? dainty, and ultimately ? HER. Vader grasped the two jeweled pieces in his leather bound hands and sighed ? though no one would ever here it through his breathing apparatus. No one would ever know that he still held emotion.

Emotions. The very thing that got him into this suit. This space station. This life. Emotions that were too strong for him to ignore, emotions that had taken hold of him and ripped him apart in a thousand directions ? all of them leading him ultimately to this place. It was funny how the very thing that got him here deserted him soon after almost completely.

But there were times?

The earrings rolled back and forth between his mechanical fingers, long since past the point of feeling touch or pain. They were hers, and he liked to think that when he held one of her last possessions that she had been wearing when she died, he was a little closer to her and the cold was just a little warmer.

Dear Padme ? she had been so frail when she had finally succumbed to death in her cell. He hadn?t wanted her to die ? but she had refused to be with him ? and that was her punishment. But he kept the earrings. Yes, he kept them? though his Master would never know, lest he be punished.

His new Master.

He thought, albeit not wanting to, of his old Master. He thought he was doing the right thing, joining Palpatine. He thought this new, more wise Master would be so much warmer to him.

Obi-Wan. Ultimately he liked to look at the man like the beginning of his end. As a child of nine, he felt like he was an object to be taken care of ? a parcel that Obi-Wan had to take care of for the time being until it could be passed to the next person.

Obi-Wan. The man who which all he had ever wanted from was to be looked upon like he was actually cared for. Like he was more than just a duty. Was it really so hard for the Master to look past the promises and the duties and the codes against emotion and just see him, just once?

But then again ? he wasn?t sure if he?d like what reflected in the Jedi?s eyes if he was ever to really see him. It wasn?t really a secret that the Master didn?t care for the boy all too much. Tolerated, yes. He heard the whispers in the dining hall and the seemingly unoccupied Library chambers.

Anakin, the compulsory Padawan, promised at death to an unwilling Jedi.

Anakin, that boy that got into too much trouble to be considered a normal Jedi Padawan.

There was ultimately a reason that he had stolen numerous Temple transports and flown around in Coruscant?s traffic lines and atmosphere for hours on end. He just wanted to get away from the cold. The empty deadness of his shared apartments with his ?Master?.

He never liked calling Obi-Wan ?Master?, just out of being a slave, but Obi-Wan had called him improper and given him meditations.

But it was always quiet in the apartments. No words spoken unless necessary and certainly no shared feelings or pats on the back of recognition of a job well done. Because ultimately his jobs were never well done ? they were never enough. They were never enough to illicit kind words from the distant man ? the perfect Jedi ? the perfect Jedi and even [i]he[/i] had a smug demeanor about him that Anakin had learned early. Even when he did his katas as perfectly as he could and Obi-Wan circled him as he froze during a particular move to inspect his form, he was never poised just enough to get a glimpse of a compliment from the man he thought of in the safety of his mind as ?father?.

Was this what real fathers were like? Perhaps it was better that he had only had his mother. His mother ? another soul lost in a war he never

21. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Wow... Very impressive short story, TheFallen. I think it was rather realistic. We all know Anakin was wounded, but how far?

Perhaps Obi-Wan was more like some portrayals of his Master than many would like to admit...

22. Siri_Z

Jun 16, 2002
    I totaly agree MJ!

TheFallen that was very good! I'd rant on, but it's kinda late and I got work...

can't wait to see more!

23. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Wow! [face_blush] Thanks you two so much! I kind of wrote it on a whim, I wasn't even really thinking I was going to do this challenge but there I was - writing. :D

I'm glad I did, now. Thanks for the nice compliments. You're the best! :)

24. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Nice everyone. Some really good fics. Dark, but good.

So I said I'd try a dark Obi one and I did only I dragged Qui in too. [face_devil] And you know what? I thought this all up last night while driving home from work. Enjoy.

Obi-Wan smiled grimly as he pulled his glowing blade out of the dieing man?s chest, the man?s eyes wide with fear and surprise. He let the Force move through him, feeling the fear and coldness, as he his victim took his last breath, savoring the emotions that swirled then slowly faded. At last he looked up then flicked his lightsaber off when he saw they had finished the job. It had been too easy, but then they really hadn?t expected their own protection to turn on them. He waited a bit impatiently as his Master finished his own kill.

Cold, hard blue eyes met his own and despite the twinge of fear of the man, Obi-Wan felt a small thrill also as the Force flowed through him. His Master was not someone you wanted to cross. At least, not if you wanted to live to see the next day.

?Do you think the Council will every figure out why so many wars and battles are started when we are sent on missions, Master?? Obi-Wan asked the tall man as he stepped over the bodies and blood lying scattered on the ground and walked toward him.

Qui-Gon snorted in amusement. ?Obi-Wan, the Council is a bunch of fools. They don?t even believe that the Sith could, or would return without their knowing. Why would they suspect one of the their top Jedi Teams is against them?? He asked with scorn.

The young boy obediently took his place behind and to the right of his Master as they started on their journey back to the capital of the current planet they were on.

?Besides, we do get the treats sighed and that is what they want.? The man smiled wickedly. ?It?s only unfortunate that so many had to die for it to happen in the first place.? Obi-Wan joined in his Master?s smile and once again felt the excitement of holding another?s life in his hand and crushing it ruthlessly. The so-called ?Dark Side? of the Force gave him such a rush that was never possible with the Light. The thrill, the power, the ability to strike fear in your enemy?s eyes just before you cut them down, all of it was breathtaking and Obi-Wan could never get enough.

The older man glanced down at him coolly, feeling the swell of the Force in his apprentice.

?Careful boy, you don?t want to give us away, now would you??

Obi-Wan quickly released the power and shook his head. ?No, Master. Never.?

?Good.? The man suddenly stopped, turned and grabbing his student by the front of his tunic, pulled him in the air to his eye level. The boy?s feet dangled helpless in midair. ?Good.? He repeated softly, almost growling. ?I hate to have to go back and explain why I don?t have a Padawan anymore. Losing one was enough. I don?t need the Council of Fools to be breathing down my neck once again. I?m not going through that act once more about feeling sorry for myself just so they don?t sit down and question everything. Understood?? Fury burned hot in the man?s eyes, yet making them seem so much colder at the same time.

?Y-yes M-master.? Obi-Wan forced out through his shaking teeth. His body was trembling in fear as he stared into the man?s merciless eyes and hoped that he wouldn?t be killed for his lack of control. His heart pumping rapidly, but even in this he felt the power. Felt it and welcomed it. Qui-Gon nodded curtly once then dropped the boy. Landing only on one knee, he was used to be talked to like that, Obi-Wan quickly stood and hurried after his retreating Master.

His Master?s last apprentice had been Xanatos, a skilled young man that Qui-Gon had hoped to be able to turn. But he had made the mistake of hiding his true self from the boy through most of his training and it wasn?t until the mission to Telos that Xanatos found out the truth about his ?beloved? Master. They had fought and Qui-Gon had had to kill Xanatos to keep him from telling the Council about what his Mast

25. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Hmm, I wonder how many AUs will spring up from this thread... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.