main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Short Story Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Musical Jedi, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Oh, my, Yoda prideful? That was good, def a twist on his character!

2. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Hmmmm, an interesting challenge. I?m going to have to accept it and give it a try. After all, there is nothing more fun than seeing the real side of Obi-wan. I always knew he was evil *Caslia ducks as Swede throws her computer at her* Kidding!

Okay, I?ll give this a go?but it?s a really hard choice. I dislike Palpatine, he can be so wrinkly and evil! But I despise Yoda to the depths of my soul. Which was really great when I got to read evil Yoda! I was like ?Aha! I knew it?! Well, any way, let me see what I can do?

Regrets in Darkness
    By Caslia

There were times, in the darkness, when he was alone, when the spirits fled and the shadows receded, times when the hate and anger and fear all vanished, that he remembered.

You cannot remember?! The spirits cried, their voices raised in protest. It does not matter who you were before, who you believe yourself to be now. You are as you are. You are as we made you! You are?a Sith!

Slowly, as if it were almost too much of a struggle, Palpatine shook his head, trying to clear away the voices. ?Nooo?no!? But they clung, like black honey, to his thoughts, to his soul, whispering their poison into his ears. He wanted to be free of them. Oh, Force, take them away! Give this burden to another.

This is your destiny?You are the Emperor! Does this not make you proud? Do you not feel the power coursing through you, around you? You are the master of this galaxy, of this universe. Of the Darkside. It all belongs to you!

?Leave me alone! I am nothing! Nothing but your puppet!?

This was true. This had always been true. Ever since the day, so long ago that time had nearly forgotten it existed, that the boy Palpatine had been was stolen from his family, from his devoted father and the memory of a dead mother, to the world of the Sith.

They had changed him, altered his beliefs, his dreams. A boy of three had never known ambition or the thrill of power. The boy had not wanted to know. So, they killed him. In a dark room, where the hate ate away till the soul starved, the boy named Espaa died, slowly, and a new boy emerged. One who they named Rukk. One who could be manipulated and trained.

And they had done well. Rukk Palpatine, the Sith?s Chosen One as Anakin Skywalker was Chosen One of the Jedi, had become the greatest of all the Sith.

The Order was not family, nor home. It was a place to study, to become the greatest, to push forward. It was only a matter of time before Palpatine was old enough to begin his first step. He was placed on Naboo and soon won governorship of a small town. It grew from there. He was quick, crafty, able to use the same honey words the Sith whispered in his ears.

People, like objects, like mindless cattle, could be bought and sold.

It was all too easy.

With the help of the sly and seductive Padme Amidala, Queen of the Naboo and later their senator, he became Chancellor of the Republic. There were few set backs then. It was a bother to have his first apprentice, Darth Maul, killed, but again, Amidala had aided him here.

Anakin Skywalker

Chosen one of the Light. Ah, yes. Perfect.

So, the Sith Master had turned his attention to the boy. It would take time; first Skywalker would have to grow in power. He had ten years to wait, but there were other things to occupy himself with.

The Order of Sith were destroyed. There was a myth, some nonsense about the Rule of Two. Well, that had certainly come in handy. For thousands of years, the Jedi had never known an Order of Sith existed. Now, however, the Rule of Two was no longer myth, but reality. With his superior strength, Palpatine had smith all the others, destroyed those who had been his teachers, his peers. His rivals, in the long run, and the ones most likely to stand in his way of power.

There were also other entertainment. Amidala, the galaxy?s savior, the angel who had stolen everyone?s heart, was the most tempting little whore the Sith Master had ever k

3. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
  4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Definitely a fascinating challenge. All these stories are impressive! Anyone mind if a newbie gives it a try? :)

The wedding of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade. All the representatives of the New Republic's higher echelons were here: the most influential politicians, the wealthiest merchants, the most powerful Jedi. There would never be a better opportunity. He had waited a long time for this...a long time.

Of course, the security was high; but he knew how to bypass the security precautions. He'd held a privileged position of trust since the Battle of Yavin as well, so none would suspect him until it was too late -- not even the Jedi. He snorted contemptuously. Jedi, indeed. Oh, they might sense him, but not his intent. By the time they realized what had happened, he would be firmly entrenched in the position of ultimate power that he would reestablish. No one would be able to stand against him.

Soon now, very soon, they would learn what true power was. They would [i] wish [/i] Palpatine was ruling again. This was the dawn of a new age. He cackled evilly to himself, then thought that perhaps that was a little over the top. Every would-be tyrant cackled evilly. He pondered, then decided what the hey. It just wasn't the same without the cackling. He cackled again.

"I present to you: the Skywalkers."

[i] Now. [/i]

The gas flooded the room so swiftly that not even the Jedi had time to react. In seconds, everyone in the room was unconscious. Had he been able to smirk, he surely would have. With only a modicum of effort, he hacked into the main computer system. It was child's play to have the computer issue arrest warrents for all present. The charge? Treason. Retroactive, of course.

He then summoned the droid army he'd stashed away, with their conveniently wiped memories; and ordered them to clear away the rubble. He would let them live -- not as an act of mercy, but as a warning example to all those who would dare deny his right to greatness. The wedding party and all the guests were dragged away to special security cells. The cells reserved for the Jedi were completely surrounded by ysalamiri, naturally. He had thought of everything.

Upon the holovid channels transmitting the happy event to the galaxy, he scrolled a brief message.

[i] The New Republic is dead. Long live the Empire. [/i]

It was, when all was said and done, ridiculously easy. The only minor obstacle that arose was the expected obstinancy of his chosen second-in-command.

"Artoo-Detoo, I protest! This is most irregular! It's against my programming to impersonate a Sith lord..." For the first time in recorded memory, See-Threepio's mechanical voice trailed off of its own accord. "Would I have a dashing cape such as the Lord Vader was known for?"

Even this was easily dealt with.

Artoo gave an affirmative tootle.

"I'm in," Threepio said decisively.

Before the sun set over Coruscant that day, vast crowds gathered beneath the presentation balcony of the Imperial Palace. They dared do nothing but cheer. His authority was already that firmly established. As the Lord See-Threepio (clad in an elaborate black cloak very reminiscent of Vader's) gestured toward the newly crowned Emperor with a sweeping golden arm, Artoo rolled calmly forward to view his new subjects.

Life was good.

5. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Angry Chewie
    Note 1: Words between // are translations for those who do not speak Wookie
    Note 2: This is addicting. Who else can I portray as evil? <Sinister laugh>

Pain shot through his arm causing the hydrospanner to drop from his grip. Occasionally the pain came back, remembrances of his time in captivity.

?You stupid oaf!? Han yelled at him. ?What if that had hit my head? Then who would take care of you??

?//Wookies do not need someone to take care of them//? Chewbacca said to Han. Then he thought to himself //How can he not realize that was an unforgivable insult? I am a mighty hunter. I am a strong wookie but he acts as if I am a dumb human child.//

?Lando better have a lot of spare parts. I mean I know that I am an amazing mechanic and nobody else could keep this ship together but there?s only so much I can do without the right parts.? Han said, oblivious to Chewie?s rising anger.

//Who keeps this ship running?// Chewbacca thought. //The only time Han actually does the repair work on this ship is when that loud and annoying female is aboard. The rest of the time it is ?Fix the hyperdrive Chewie. Give me more power in the engines Chewie.//

?How?s the repair work going?? Princess Leia asked entering the engine room.

//Fleas!// Chewbacca cursed silently. //If she calls me a carpet again I will rip out one of her arms.//

?The ship?s fine.? Han replied to Leia. ?Just having a little hard time carrying your extra weight.?

?Well, all we have to do is space you and we will have plenty of extra room and air since your boasting is causing our oxygen supply to dwindle.? Leia retorted.

?Sweetheart, there?s no one else here who could land this baby half as well as I could land it in my sleep.?

Chewbacca growled in a deep tone. //The only pilot?// he thought angrily. //He knows I am a much better pilot than he will ever be. How much longer can I take him and his blasted arrogance? I would give anything to break this life-debt.//

?What?d he say?? the princess asked Han, pointing at Chewbacca.

?He said that you smelled better in the trash compacter.? Han replied.

//Han now puts words in my mouth?// Chewbacca thought. //No more! If I cannot break this life-debt then someone else can.//

Chewbacca left the humans and headed for the cockpit. //One message to let the right people know we are headed to Cloud City and I am free again.// Chewbacca smiled.

Who will be my next victim? Hmmm?

6. Yoda_da_Yoda

Yoda_da_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    cool! Evil Yoda's my fav.

7. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    this should be UPed so more can contribute.

8. Yoda_da_Yoda

Yoda_da_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    how come no one's doing this anymore?
    i can't write at all but i love reading others stories.

more here

9. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    The Star
    Puggy

- - - - - - - - - -

"Lord Vader, I've just received word that the Millennium Falcon is to arrive at Cloud City, Bespin, in a few days. You may wish to alert your best bounty hunter if you want everything to go accordingly."

"And you are sure your information is accurate?" His voice, though drenched in static due to the poor connection, was still resonant and intimidating.

However, the speaker was anything but frightened by the deep tone of the dark lord. A sly smile spread across the speaker's face and a snort was emitted from the speaker's mouth. "Yes, very sure."

- - - - - - - - - -

All had gone according to plan.

At least, so far. Captain Solo had been encased in carbonite and relinquished to Boba Fett. The bounty hunter was on his was to Tatooine, to deliver the smuggler to Jabba the Hutt. And if he were not here already, Luke Skywalker was to arrive in a moment's time.

He would have commended himself, had it been he who developed the plan. But no, he had little to do with the entire scheme. He hired bounty hunters and tracked the Millennium Falcon, but never truly conceived an idea as grand as this one.

Right now, the Princess, the Wookiee, and Calrissian should be leaving Bespin. They would escape on the Millennium Falcon, never to return to the city in the clouds ever again.

Soon enough, he would have Skywalker. That was his prize for winning this game; this strange game he had played with an even stranger ally. The one thing he wondered, though, was what his partner was to receive from all of this. His ally had not asked for anything at all, which, he thought, was rather odd. Surely someone as bold to pull a stunt like this would be bold enough to ask a dark lord for a reward of some sort.

He shook the thoughts from his mind. His own reward was here.

- - - - - - - - - -

She gazed out the viewport, a smile spread across her face. The stars shined back at her, now looking brighter than they ever had before.

She shivered as he approached, forced a thankful grin as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She pretended to be comforted by the action, when, in reality, it simply disgusted her.

Inwardly cringing, she inched closer to him. He looked sadly at her, and for once, she almost felt guilty for the things she had done.

Almost.

She had yet to directly cause him physical pain; that had been a job entrusted to the dark one, a job he had failed. She swore under her breath at the dark lord's incompetence. This was just a naive, pitiful, blonde farmboy from the backwaters of Tatooine! How hard could it be to...?

Ah, well, as they say, "When you want something done right, do it yourself."

Unfortunately, she could not do it now. Not here. There were too many witnesses, too little weapons. And besides, there was no way for her to escape. She was stuck here for the time being.

Her smile suddenly grew wide as she watched the Millennium Falcon blast off into space. Such a shame the ignorant Calrissian and hairy Wookiee knew now what--or, rather, who--was waiting for them on Tatooine.

The Empire would be awaiting their arrival, soldiers scattered throughout the desert planet. Hopefully, the dark one will have sent his best to capture the two. Dealing with Skywalker was a lot for her to handle, and was something that should have been taken care of already. She just hoped that this time around, the dark lord would be able to hold up his end of the bargain.

Oh, well. She had plenty of time. Time to plot against the rest of them, the idiotic fools and their moronic revolution. She had plenty of time to get the rest of them out of her hair, or to at least wrap them all around her pretty little finger.

She had one down, at least, and two more, soon enough. Her first, that smuggler, Captain Solo, had not been an easy opponent. He was too sure of himself, and he had had too much luck. It always seemed that no matter what, he was

10. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    It lives! ;)

Just found this thread. There are a lot of intriguing, delicious characterizations here. I **really** loved !evil Yoda & Sith Lord (Boss) Nass.

I'm a reader and lurker, not a writer. Still, this tantalizing topic managed to trigger some of my fried synapses, so...

This is inspired by Astroanna's fantastic "Destiny Delayed."

"Should've been, should've been," my cloak whispers in syncopation to my restless tread. Without prompting my feet know their rounds, as well they ought: they have tramped this circuit countless times already and will likely continue the route until my boot leather is worn into dust.

I sigh. I do not consciously will this visit, but neither can I deny the vestiges of my destiny.

To the duelling rooms, then. I find the one you and your partner typically select, and I seek out the adjacent observation booth. Like usual the other occupants ignore my presence except to vacate my customary spot by your screen. I am not here to socialize, and they know it.

I spot you in the center of the floor, with your Mast--, that is, instructor, close beside you. You're both concentrating on a shiny object in your palm. I squint, then scowl and fold my arms as realization strikes: you've crafted your first lightsaber. I watch your Mast--, I mean your teacher, ignite your sword. Why am I not surprised at the pristine blue blade, a shaft of light as pure and precious as your very soul? Your...your companion carefully twists your lit sword for a few moments and then takes several jerky passes, but these precautions prove unnecessary, as I well know. He returns the extinguished saber to your hands. You and he exchange some words before he reaches out, ruffles your hair, and squeezes your shoulders. You beam with delight, and--

I grit my teeth, bow my head, and close my eyes. If I maintain this pose, perhaps the tears won't come, perhaps I can yet retain my guise as the impassive Jedi master, perhaps...

Too late.

My chest heaves, and sobs work themselves loose from my clenched jaw. The susurrus suddenly ceases in the room. I know I ought to reassert my legendary shielding, but it's too late now.

Mired as I am in my grief, I still notice the door humming open and discern some insistent murmurs, but I cannot muster the interest to look. I both sense and hear the others leave, except for one very familiar force signature...one that has no business here. I reluctantly open my eyes, but instead of meeting the interloper's gaze, I peer at the screen, where you stand suddenly alone. You nervously light your saber and commence the first passes of the third kata. Well done, padawan, I would tell you, and--

"Qui," a soft voice intrudes upon my viewing.

"Councillor." I steady my voice so it does not shake too much.

The man steps in front of the console, thereby forcing me to attend to him and not to you. "This has to stop," he speaks with so-called Jedi calm, but I know my friend; I can see through the cracks and discern the warmth, concern, and...and pity?

The last of my reserve crumbles. "He doesn't want to be my padawan," I choke out between renewed sobs. I had held out hope that you would change your mind, but suddenly I know now that you won't.

I find myself in my friend's embrace. "There-there," Mace soothes me as his hand gently rubs my back. He tenders no recriminations, no reminders of how I rejected you before you rejected me. Not that I require such admonitions: how could I forget the worst decision of my life?

I should take comfort that he is your guide, your Master.

I don't.

I should've been.

11. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    FORWARD for those who can't find this...

12. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Bumping this third place winning challenge back to the top

13. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    A quick BUMP

14. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Another UP!

15. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    You know, all things considered, I'm really glad that this fic has kept going on its own. You guys are doing a great job! :)

It's so weird to be scanning down the list of authors and see my own name when I don't have any of my own fics currently. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.