"A short time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." Far Future Story Index and Discussion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarkDroid, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. DarkDroid Jedi Youngling

star 3
  2. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Doesn't matter. It's done now :p
  3. DarkDroid Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The index has been updated. :D
  4. Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master

star 6
    Woohoo! Thanks DarkDroid. Now, how about let's renew this discussion!

Maybe...

What do you love and hate about reading and writing far future?

I love writing far future because, as DarkDroid said in the first post, the possibilities are endless. You can do anything because there's nothing to contradict you. And it's the perfect oppotunity to explore OCs. :) The best thing is that everyone has a different view of the future, so everything can be "correct."

The one thing that I dislike about far future is deciding how much technology has advanced. Grrr. It annoys me sometimes, so I think I'll just stick with what NJO has.

---Idri
  5. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    What I find interesting is the future peoples' views of what has happened in the past. I know a lot of people would be curious about how history would view them, and Far Future is a way to do that.
  6. Vongchild Jedi Master

star 5
    I've got a plot bunny.... [face_frustrated]

It's called "And A Child Shall Lead Us" and it's basically in continuity with Vessel of the Force (which I need to finish...)

Here's an exerpt I've written.

"I was grown inside this world for nine months until a mother I could not touch or see cut me out. I was taught by a father I could not hear the words of, whose direction could only be sensed in the movement of the wind or the voices of the trees. I was nourished by an aunt who's only voice was that of the very ground we stand on. Do not try to educate me about the needs of this dying world, or the ways of the Force, Master Jedi, for I know more about them than you ever will."
  7. Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master

star 6
    Whoa, strong stuff there, Vongchild! Nice plot bunny. :)
  8. DarkDroid Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow, that was great Vongchild. I loved it. =D=

Idrelle MiocovaniThe one thing that I dislike about far future is deciding how much technology has advanced. Grrr. It annoys me sometimes, so I think I'll just stick with what NJO has.

Well, what I've done in my stories is that I've made things a lot more compact. In Chronicles of the Far Future, the latest craze in the Galaxy is portability. More power in less space.

So, I had the power of a Super Star Destroyer compacted into a much smaller killing machine (2 000 meters to be exact). It's much faster, easily shielded, sports the latest in death dealing tech, cheaper material, faster to build, and just all around more efficient.

Just imagine what a 10 000 meter long ship would be able to do in my story. [face_devil]

One thing that has managed to cleverly elude me for a long time is how to improve upon droids. What've I've been doing is making them a lot more independant, and reliable, sometimes being put in charge of entire ships. Which could be a bad thing, if you've read CotFF. ;)

So really, all you need to do is make thing more efficient. Just because it seems unbelievable, doesn't mean it won't work. You just have to make 'adjustments'. :p
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.