main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN A Show of Force...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I think we all should really make it a point to attend the September General Meeting. We have gained several new members since the ROTS Premiere and I think it's time we sorta re-grouped and stood together. I shot the idea past the Book Club last thursday and Agent_Sith titled it a "Show of Force" and it seemed like a good idea.

I just got Scott's mass e-mail and I figured it was a good time to post the idea. We all should attend the Aug GM as normal. I picked Aug so we all could have time to arrange our schedules (ie; request a day off, use vacation time, make time, etc). Bring your wives, your girlfriends, you sisters, boyfriends, wookies, familiars (all you Potter fans), and friends.

*edit*

Just to clarify we all should attend the Aug GM as normal but the "show of force" GM would be in Sept to allow those, like I said above, to make necessary adjustments to their lives to see to it that they can make it.

Plus dinner afterwards and possibly a movie is always a great way to hang out with our fellow members

MSD

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Fine, but you're cleaning up the phoenix ****.

3. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Sept sounds wonderful :) Can I ask something?
    (if you prefer to pm me the answers please do so, I'm just not sure who to pm and ask)

when and where do you usually meet? And is there a good bus system in Evansville, or is there someone else who attends the university who may be willing to take on another for gas money?

Thank you! I'm really looking foreward to meeting you all!!

4. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, the GM is usually held at the Premier local Comic Book/Collectibles store - Comic Quest. And as far as I know, the bus system is fine, but all you gotta do is say when and where to meet you, and you'll have a ride. :) We're nice like that.

5. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    Yeah, what Red said Ravenclaw. I'm not too far from UE (that is where you're at, right?) if you ever need much of anything, actually. I've got a friend there I'm sure I'll be visiting a lot anyway.

6. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Wow, thank you!!
    Yes, I'll be at UE. move in date is...well, I'm not sure but I'm leaving on the 18th (driving up from florida with my family) so I'll probably be up by the 19th or 20th this month :D

7. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Oh good, then you already have your thermal gills and should be used to temps in the mid to upper 90's with high humidity and heat indices of 100+

8. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004

rofl...

I have unfortuantly been forced to become a veteran in such matters over the past seven years - heat, humidity, hurricanes...I'm so happy to get away from them all. Well, from most of those for most of the year anywho :)
    (the worst was putting up heavy aluminum hurricane shutters with a heat index of 102 and humidity at ungodly levels) ;)

And I promise you, humidity CANNOT get worse than it is down here. We are practically breathing water half the year - it's no place fit for human exsistance! ;)

You know, I was in Evansville during the city's festival (can't remember exactly what it was, but we did watch the blue angels while we were there!)...in late June. The people at the resistration were apoligising for the heat and humidity there but my mom and I were happy about ESCAPING those factors, lol :)

9. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Oh, it got MUCH worse after that. But I bet we could still give FL a run for it's money with the current run we've had. At least when you go back to visit, it won't be such a shock to the system, (except in winter)

10. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    lol. I grew up in Michigan...I CAN'T WAIT for a REAL winter again! Or fall! :D

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Real winters only happen sometimes though :p

Last year we had a scary one.

12. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    How so? What happened?

13. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
  14. lord_sixx

lord_sixx Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    it still doesnt suck as much as that crap at C3
    what it was 80 degress and suddenly it was like stinkin kamino!
    rainy and cold as hell
    i didnt even bring a jacket so i stood outside with zar valen at 5 in the morning on that saturday
    frezzing i thinkj it was waht 45 !
    onlky wearin a slipknot jersey
    just to see george lucas
    the weather in the whoile mid west sucks!

15. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    So who knows that they will definately make or not make it?

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    count me in :)

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    y'know I might call off for that day. Count me in.

18. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    I'll be there :D

19. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Count me in (at least for now)..

-=joe=-

20. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    What is the date of the next meeting? I'm getting beaten up by some silly English kaniggits on the 17th.

21. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    September 10th

22. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    I will try to make it if I can...I know one of my friends is getting married that day...

Also, I may have some medical stuff preventing me from being at any meetings for a while. I have a reocurring problem with tumors. I actually had my 3rd surgery for this in July. Anyway, due to the amount of times these tumors have returned, I will be having radiation therapy on Sept. 6. It's a one time only treatment, but I'll be in the hospital till that Friday. I don't know how this is going to affect me, but I do know I'm going to need time to recouperate.

So, I'm going to try to be there...

*bows out*

~JMJ

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    *big ass hug for JMJ* get better :)

24. DRTHCRAIG

DRTHCRAIG Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hey there folks,

Haven't been on in a while, I will be there!

I hope to meet all of you, and put a face to the typed words!

Until then,

-Craig

25. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Had a brain lapse when I posted.. My sister's getting married that weekend, I'll be in Chicago.

-=joe=-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.