main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shrouded Path (Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Anakin - Prequels AU) - FINALLY Chapter 63 Updated 03-21-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This is very yummy- can't wait for more/

2. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Xan's reaction to Ani is precious, he is so nervous about his new tasks, and its fun to watch! :) Also love the protective Xani of Obi-Wan and little Ani :D

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    o_e

I'm worried about my boys. Yes, my boys! I will remember that. Thank you for letting me borrow them. :p

ZekksGoddess

This is my first time of writing something longer with Xanatos in it. I'm glad you are enjoying the character.

Ob-wan-shawa

Here's more. :)

Stargazer-19

I think there is a lot Xanatos can teach Anakin, if he's willing to listen.

This cracked me up, Obi not knowing his appeal with the ladies, and Xan being a little too aware of his. They are quite a pair. :*

Jedi_Tigris

I love how you show Xanatos' relationship with Obi-wan and Anakin. Loved Anakin questioning Xan. happy Really liked how Xan moved closer to Obi and Anakin too. I think this is going to be a growing experience for Xanatos.

Kitara

yummy - Now that's a word. [face_batting]

tangled_sphere

Oh, I am loving nervous, protective Xan. I just can't wait until Anakin and Xan hit the teenage years though. [face_mischief]

Thanks to o_e for looking this flashback over for me. :)

Chapter 3

Dozens of vibrantly colored songbirds fluttered outside the open window, offering up their melodies as early morning rays of sunlight peaked over the horizon. To Xanatos, the hovering menaces sounded about as grating as metal screeching across metal and he desperately wished they would go away. Each musical chirp drove a nail into his head and the sound only seemed to get louder as more joined.

He cracked an eye open, squinting against the assault of sunlight and with a stretch of his hand sent the window slamming shut. He breathed in relief at the blessed silence, but his newfound bliss was short-lived. He wasn?t alone. He turned his head.

The woman lying next to him slept soundly. He began to say something, but no name came to mind, so he said nothing. He hesitantly reached out to shake her. She stirred and turned to look at him. The color immediately drained from her face and she quickly backed to the edge of the bed like a trapped animal, falling off the side as she scrambled to put distance between them.

Xanatos slid out of bed, snatching the remaining sheet to cover his body and hurried to where she had fallen. A rush of wild terror lunged out at his heightened senses and shredded through him like a giant claw as she backed away trying to free herself from the tangle of sheets. ?I?m ? so sorry Lord Marojni. Please don?t be angry,? she whispered as she trembled, already closing her eyes in acceptance of some terrible fate.

He moved towards her cowering form and the detached memories of a drunken rage began to surface. The words, ?don?t be here when I wake up,? drifted through his mind as she pressed her body against the wall ? she had no where to go. The shadows which had hidden her from view shifted and he saw the bruises. He recognized the pattern of rings he wore on his right hand as memories continued to solidify in his mind. He flexed his fingers, still stiff from the blind fury he had released on her the previous night. He went numb with confusion and dropped down to sit on the bed. It seemed he no longer knew up from down, light from dark, right from wrong.

?Go!? he snarled.

She didn?t ask questions. She scrambled to get her clothes on and fled from the room, leaving only the putrid stench of fear in her wake.

Xanatos felt a wave of nausea rush over him and retreated to the refresher. He emerged after emptying his stomach, shaky and covered in sweat, and stumbled to the sink. He turned on the faucet and stooped over, plunging his hands under the cool, refreshing torrent of water and splashing it over heated, flushed skin.

He ran his hands down his face and looked in the mirror. His own deep blue eyes stared back, but Xanatos hardly knew the man standing there anymore. He reached up and ran his finger around the fresh circular scar that now marred his pale cheek. His father had left him everything; he lacked n

4. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    We get another post :D

Wonderful rendition of what happened on Telos =D= And I am so glad Xan was able to see what really happened with his father and contact the Jedi once more.

You know I want to see that reunion with Qui now! [face_praying] You can't refuse cute little readers now can you? [face_batting]

Wonderful that Xan was there to comfort Obi-Wan and that he was able to sense the darkness at Qui's funeral. I feel like his touching the darkness has opened him up to the dangers.

Wonderful job Noi!

5. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    tangled_sphere

Wonderful rendition of what happened on Telos. And I am so glad Xan was able to see what really happened with his father and contact the Jedi once more.

I figured it was going to take something strong to bring him back to his senses.

You know I want to see that reunion with Qui now! You can't refuse cute little readers now can you?

Why doesn't this surprise me? :p I guess it's good that I do have some more flashbacks planned.

6. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Flashbacks...

YAY! [face_batting]

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_love] I love this post. The look back at what woke Xan up and showed him how far he'd fallen was genuis. I could see him reacting just so. Yoda was actually nice here. ;)

His interaction with Obi brought a smile to my face. Can't tell you how much I'm loving this and look forward to each post. :)

8. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Waves hand! New reader checking in!

Love this AU of fallen-once-and-redeemed, extremely suave-but-sensitive, hot Xanatos!:) His relationship with both Obi-Wan and Anakin is wonderful! It?s so nice that Obi-Wan has someone to unburden to and lean on, in this difficult time. And what a moment of clarity on the dying Qui-Gon?s part to ask Xanatos to train Anakin! Looking forward to how the relationship of all three will evolve as Anakin begins his training. He accepted Xanatos as master, but interestingly, also wanted Obi-Wan to remain involved.

Obi-Wan let out a dry chuckle. "Oh yes, I feel much more like sleeping now than I did before."
    Happy to see that Obi-Wan has retained his famous dry humor! :D

I am enjoying your writing style a great deal too! Look forward to more!

9. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Strange double post. :confused: Anyway, Hi again!

10. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Hmm...an interesting redemption on Xanatos's part, and a very interesting relationship that he has with Obi-Wan. I would like to see how that came about.

You have piqued my interest. Post Soon.

11. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    new reader, realy like your story, i now hope anakin is going to turn out better with a master who's familiar with the dark side.

seeya

12. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    o_e

I love this post. The look back at what woke Xan up and showed him how far he'd fallen was genuis. I could see him reacting just so. Yoda was actually nice here.Thanks. [face_blush] Yeah, I thought Yoda might be the best choice for him to contact,

Can't tell you how much I'm loving this and look forward to each post. I am really enjoying writing this too. The ideas are just flowing freely. My muse is happy.

forever_jedi

Welcome!

Love this AU of fallen-once-and-redeemed, extremely suave-but-sensitive, hot Xanatos! Nice description. I am really looking forward to developing Xanatos and Anakin's relationship.

Stargazer-19

I would like to see how that came about. I hope to sprinkle flashbacks in to shed a little light on the back story. Glad I've piqued your interest.

sethsky

i now hope anakin is going to turn out better with a master who's familiar with the dark side. I can't promise everything will be happy :p. Xanatos and Anakin are bound to butt heads.

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the backstory of where Xanatos had seen the light. That it took falling into the depths to do it was sometimes the only way it will work.

Loved that he was able to get Obi-Wan to understand that both Anakin and Obi are potential targets of the Sith Lord.

Great job.

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    That flashback was great.

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wonderful job! I love how you showed Xanatos realizing what he'd done, and reaching to go back. And Yoda was understanding of him! I love how Xanatos went to cover Anakin up, so sweet. :) I like his interactions with Obi-Wan too.

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Finally caught up!!

Okay, I'll admit it. I have just started reading EU works a couple months ago and am still learning about Xanatos and his past, but I'm completely hooked on this story.

Loved the flashback! Also, so eerie the way he sensed the Dark Side surrounding Obi-Wan and Anakin. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating, this story is so captivating and intriguing. :)

17. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    diane - I'm glad you enjoyed the flashback. I guess it took Xanatos hitting the bottom to knock some sense into him.

Kitara - Thanks :)

Jedi_Tigris - It is good Yoda was understanding. I am enjoying writing Xanatos as sort of a big brother. It seemed natural to have him cover Anakin up.

Gina - I actually prefer Xanatos in fanfic as opposed to Xanatos in the EU. Some great fanfic authors have given him great dimension that he just doesn't have in EU.

Chapter 4

?I was quite surprised to hear that someone so young could accomplish such a feat as flying a starship and defeating a droid control ship. Many pilots with far more experience were shot down.?

Palpatine looked warmly at the boy sitting across from his desk, a genuine smile spreading across pale features.

?I didn?t really try that hard. I guess I got lucky.?

?You?ll find I don?t believe in luck my young friend. There is only skill and instinct, and both yours seem to be in fine order. You?re a hero.?

Palpatine felt a giddy sense of pride well up in the small boy, who seemed to be an open book as far as emotions were concerned. He was trying to shield, but it was obvious he was still learning.

?I do know how to fly. Watto made me race pods.? A quirky grin crossed his face. ?Have you ever seen a pod race??

?I?m afraid I haven?t been to your home world, although it seems we are in a way neighbors. I suppose there just isn?t much in the way of Republic business to tend to on Tatooine. I have heard of pod racing, though.?

?I?m the only human that can do it. It?s kind of dangerous.?

The remark was full of childlike exuberance, but Palpatine chuckled at the thin thread of genuine arrogance woven through the boy?s words.

?Yes it is.? Palpatine?s brow furrowed, giving him the appearance of deep gravity. He looked at Anakin with eyes full of deep sadness and concern. ?And you said this Watto forced you, a child, to do something so dangerous. The thought that there are still beings in slavery in this galaxy is certainly appalling.?

Palpatine smiled inwardly at the sadness, and glorious fear he sensed wash over the young boy. The boy?s posture caved, heaviness settling on the small form.

?Is something wrong?? Palpatine moved around his desk and stooped down in front of Anakin placing a comforting hand on the boy?s shoulder.

When Anakin looked up, glistening tears were clinging below his eyes. ?My mom is still there.?

?I am so sorry.? He gasped and tightened his grip. ?I naturally assumed the Jedi had also brought her with you.?

?She told me not to look back, but I miss her so much.?

?Or course, you do.? He smiled. ?But, you have your new master now.? He added a subtle stress and pause to the word master, reveling in the way it made the boy cringe, and in the brief surge of powerful anger. ?And you?ve made new friends I see. There is Knight Kenobi and of course, our own Queen Amidala seems rather fond of you.?

He sensed further disappointment from the boy. ?I don?t think I will get to talk to Pad ?the Queen again. The masters on the Council don?t seem to think it is appropriate for a Jedi padawan and a Queen to be too close of friends.

Xanatos walked briskly down the corridor, baffled at how he had already managed to lose his new apprentice in such a confined place as a transport. He was beginning to notice the boy?s tendency to wander, an outgrowth of his intense curiosity. He continued on in urgency ? the emotions the boy was broadcasting were growing more negative by the moment. Fortunately Anakin was easy to find. It just concerned Xanatos that the blazing beacon of his apprentice?s Force signature had led him towards the Chancellor?s private office.

He was ushered straight into the office by the Chancellor?s guards. He found Anakin sitting in a chair. Palpatine straightened to a standing position as Xanatos entered the room.

?Anakin, I have been looking for you. I thought you had agreed to return to our quarte

18. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Uh Oh, It looks like Xanatos has made an enemy. Old Palpy is not likely to forget this.

But I loved the interaction between Xanatos and Anakin, I get the feeling that things are going to be... interesting between them :D

Anyway, great chapter. Post Soon!

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the way Palpatine was emphasizing Master and stirring up dark thoughts in Anakin so quickly. That was a good ploy. Xanatos was certainly all tiger sharp and fiercely protective of Anakin and I'm glad he understood just how angry and alone Anakin was feeling. They will be a good match for each other.

Poor Obi-Wan, looking in at those two with their new training bond and only seeing loss.

Great job.

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Two readers beat me here!:mad:

Oh well, at least I noticed you updated. Lovely update. I felt SO bad for Obi-Wan. You know, I think that man needs a hug. [face_love] Purely for support you know! :p

This is a wonderful story, enjoying every bit!

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Will Obi-Wan be more open with Anakin since he is not training him?

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Thta was a wonderful descriptions of emotions. Hurray for Xanman squashing Palpy like the bug he is!

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Scummy toad! :mad: Xan should have wiped the floor with him. Sad moment for Obi. :(

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Beautiful bonding between Xan and Obi-Wan [face_love] Wonderful scene between those two and I really liked how Xan confronted Palpy [face_dancing]

He is so sweet with Ani and I like that he was in tune with the 'master' comment and how his little charge felt.

And Anakin is so excited about the bond! Poor Obi-Wan though, he needs a big hug...

*Will not post what is going through my mind* :p

Loving this Noi! :D

25. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    I loved that Xanatos was not intimidated by the Supreme Chancellor and clearly indicated that battle lines have been drawn. I wonder if Palpatine will be more cautious with developing his friendship with Anakin with Xanatos as Anakin's master.

Anakin seemed lonely and uncertain, perhaps because he had not really met Xanatos before Qui-Gon's death. The training bond certainly helped! I hope with Xanatos as master, and Obi-Wan as a friend, Anakin feels a bit more at home with the Jedi order.

Xanatos seems so empathic - he sensed Obi-Wan's sadness and recovery immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.