Saga A Shrouded Path (Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Anakin - Prequels AU) - FINALLY Chapter 63 Updated 03-21-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    So many wonderful parts in this I can't begin to pick them out. Loved how you worked the meeting and Xan's eventual thought that he would always be measured against Shmi and fall short. Loved the reference to Jinn giving Obi the rock and Xan's decison to let Anakin see his mother as his 13th gift. :)

The Council will have something to say about all of this I'm sure. Brilliant post! =D=
  2. Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ha drinking instead of meditating, the perfect way.
    Great conversation, can't wait for next.
  3. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I love how you built Xan's personality here.
  4. bek Force Ghost

star 4
    I think in time Anakin will place Xan on his own pedestal. I mean, what's not to like about the guy? He made mistakes and he learned from them and found his way back to the light, and can now use what he has learned and experienced to teach his padawan.

Wonderful post! I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)
  5. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great job! I enjoyed this chapter! :) Him not even supposed to be there ;) so like Qui at times :D

I'm glad that Xan is willing to send holos and keep in touch with her with Anakin's progress. :) What a great 13th b'day pres!! Talking with his mum! Wonderful idea!

6. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great update! Very realistic visit and coversation with Shmi. No talk of a rose-colored situation where Anakin could lead a nice family life with Mom AND learn to be a Jedi.

Both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would chastise him if they were here for brooding over a drink when he should be meditating.
    May not Obi-Wan - after all, the guy loved the occasional drink! :D

He had met Shmi Skywalker - the woman his every action and word would be measured against from here on, and he had the sinking realization he would fall short every time. She would always be on a pedestal, perfect in Anakin?s mind.
    And that is the crux of the problem, isn't it? Anakin put his absent mother and the distant Padme on pedestals; perhaps because they were not involved in his mundane day-to-day living as the Jedi were, the latter could never measure upto them or truly become his family.
    Great job with Xanatos so far! And I am glad to see that Qui-Gon is doing his duty right from the beginning, unlike in canon, where he (inexplicably - but obviously it's Lucas!) kept quiet for years while the galaxy went kaput, and only surfaced after everything had been lost.
  7. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    Ch 6

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this :D

I forgive you, even though you still infuriate me to no end at times.? He smiled. ?But that isn?t enough ? apparently you still need to forgive yourself.? [face_love]

And asking Ani to look after Obi-Wan while he's gone. [face_love]

And Shmi comes into the picture, what are you up to, Xani? Can't wait to find out :D

8. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    Ch 7

I like how Xani follows his own instincts, just like a certain Jedi Master. What a sweet idea to visit Shmi and find out more about his new Padawan. I also like how he wants to free her, I am really enjoying this rendition of Xani [face_love]

You know, now that I think of it, I can't remember if I mentioned how much I love the flashbacks with Qui, Xani and little Obi. [face_batting] Of course that's probably old age setting in :p Your Flashbacks= :D

Was that Qui-Gon talking to Xan from the beyond? Must Read More! :)

9. whie_dreams Jedi Knight

Love this story muchly. :)
  10. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay for Xanatos! I love how he visits Shmi to gain a better understanding of Anakin even though it means going against the Council. So nice that he leaves Anakin with Obi, saying he wants Anakin to watch over him. Just the right thing to get Anakin's mind off why Xan's going off. :D

LOL at Xan wondering if he's gotten too drunk, hearing Qui's voice. Nice to see him around. Hope Xan is careful, if someone's watching him trouble might be coming. [face_worried]

Nice job! Could you pm me when you update, by any chance?
  11. Stargazer-19 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yay for Xan! It's good that he gave Shimi some sense of closure, even if he didn't put any frills of the kind of life Anakin would have, he at least was able to give her a little more hope than what she was left with originally.

A "not quite sober" Xan was very funny....Qui, must be clucking his toungue at him from the neatherworld...It's a good thing that ghosts can't go grey!

Anyway, great chapter! Post Soon.
  12. Master_Noi Jedi Master

star 4
    diane

Xan didn't give her any false hope and he was wise not to involve Palpatine since I;m sure old Palpy would use the information to his advantage.

I think he is very wise to stay away from Palpy. He doesn't know why, but he should trust his instincts.

obi-ew

So many wonderful parts in this I can't begin to pick them out. Loved how you worked the meeting and Xan's eventual thought that he would always be measured against Shmi and fall short. Loved the reference to Jinn giving Obi the rock and Xan's decison to let Anakin see his mother as his 13th gift.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Xan is going to have to learn that he can't be Shmi, but he still can be very important to Anakin. I think it's a good 13 th gift.

And yes, the Council should be fun. ;)

Ob-wan-shawa- Well, Xanatos isn't a typical Jedi.

Kitara - Thanks.

bek

He made mistakes and he learned from them and found his way back to the light, and can now use what he has learned and experienced to teach his padawan.

There is a lot of stuff that Anakin doesn't know and I think it's going to come out in time. It will give the two a lot to work from and grow on.

Kynstar

I think Xanatos will need Shmi to talk to as much as she will want to know what is up with Anakin.

forever_jedi

Very realistic visit and coversation with Shmi.

I'm always glad to hear "realistic" in a reply. Thanks. I don't think Anakin have both a family life with mom and train as a Jedi, but I think he can keep in contact with her.

tangled_sphere

I like how Xani follows his own instincts, just like a certain Jedi Master.

Yes, he did learn a few things from his master.

I can't remember if I mentioned how much I love the flashbacks with Qui, Xani and little Obi.

You asked for more flashbacks - delivered as promised. And there will be more to come.

whie_dreams - Thanks. :)

Jedi_Tigris

Yay for Xanatos! I love how he visits Shmi to gain a better understanding of Anakin even though it means going against the Council.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Council has to say about this.

Stargazer-19

I often wondered what Qui-Gon had a chance to tell Shmi, if anything at all. So I am happy to see her a part of this.

It's a good thing that ghosts can't go grey! - [face_laugh]

Note: I may not be able to post next week. I'm going to try real hard to get a post done for next Thursday, but am expecting a busy week.

Chapter 8

It was sometime during the night when Xanatos heard the door slowly opening. He kept the back of his head turned towards the entrance, watching the shadow of the intruder dance against the far wall. As he listened to the intruder quietly rustling through his travel bag and sorting through the few items left on the dresser, he clenched his fist more tightly around the saber resting under the pillow. He still didn?t feel a threat through the Force, but one could never be too careful.

?I?m afraid I don?t have much to steal,? he said shifting so he could face the door. The limited light seeping into the room reflected against the intruder?s large, glossy black orbs. Keeping eye contact, Xanatos slowly sat up.

?Don?t move.? The being?s elongated snout flapped with the words, wrinkling scaly green skin. ?I will shoot.?

Having had blasters in his face many times in the past, Xanatos didn?t react. Instead he leaned his head to the side, stretching his neck with little worry. ?I doubt it.? He could sense slight panic at being caught, but no ill intentions. There was willingness to fire, but it would take a lot to push the intruder to that end.

?I will,? the alien said steadying the blaster.

?Fine.? Xanatos sighed as he rolled the hilt of his saber in his fingers; it was apparently not recognized as a weapon by the Rodian. ?But before you shoot me, perhaps you could tell me why you are here.?

?What?s
  13. bek Force Ghost

star 4
    ?You lost him, didn?t you?? Xanatos asked.

?What??

?Anakin got away from you.?

Resigning himself to the fact that Xanatos seemed to know everything, Obi-Wan mumbled, ?How did you know??

Xanatos laughed out loud. ?You weren?t wearing your robe when you met me in the hangar, but had just come from Dex?s. It seemed to suggest you weren?t thinking clearly when you left the Temple, because you never leave without wearing your robe.?

[face_laugh] You weren't suppose to tell him how you knew, Xan...those little tidbits are best kept. [face_mischief] Let Obi think that big brother knows everything. ;)

Wonderful post! :)
  14. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    Just discovered this story, and I love it!:)

I'm also trying to catch up on your other fic, "For Such A Time As This", so I'll comment on it too, once I finish reading.

So, Xanatos will be training Anakin, cool! And by the looks of it, he's off to a very good start. I especially liked how he went to see Shmi and how he intends to buy her freedom someday. Wouldn't it be the best birthday present for Anakin to not only see his mother, but to have her free as well...but can it be done in four years time? I hope so![face_praying]

I really liked seeing Xan stand up to Palpatine...which is both good and bad. Good, in that there can be no doubt that Xanatos cares about the boy; bad, because Palpy is going to have to be more ruthless and cunning if he wants to get the Chosen One as his apprentice.

I don't think the word 'interesting' can fully described this story! Count me in! I can't wait to read more!:D
  15. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
  16. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    It was a nice treat to see this one updated! :D I love this story! =D=
  17. Khris0117 Jedi Padawan

This is an excellent story. Love the au-ness of it. Am looking forward to seeing where it goes.
  18. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I am sure Xanatos will want to thank him for his thoughtfulness,? he replied making a point to ask Dex where the shops were. He had a feeling the information would be invaluable to Xanatos one day ? the next time Anakin went missing ? there would be a next time.

[face_laugh] Wonderful post! I love seeing the three of them together and will miss it when Obi goes off alone. :(
  19. Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ice cream the necter of life for kids.
  20. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  21. tangled_sphere Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the three of them together here! :)

*Smile, smile, smile*

Loved Xani's warning to the thug [face_laugh] So true about the 'losing of limbs' ;)

And Ani thinking a second pair of hands would come in handy for fixing things [face_laugh]

Obi-Wan getting after Anakin-[face_love]

Wonderful stuff!~[face_love] I can't wait to read more. [face_thinking] You know, Xan sounds so much like his Master when he talks about the Council [face_love]
  22. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay Dex! He's such a sweet ole guy! [face_laugh] Go figure that's where Anakin would be!

Liked how Xan figured it out ;) about the robe and all. LOL!

Great update :)
  23. DarthMousche Jedi Master

star 3
    I just ran across this great story. I love this Xanatos and that Obi-Wan has an older brother-type figure to lean on. It will be interesting to read how Anakin will turn out with Xan's understanding and influence (and his willingness to defy the Council ;)).
  24. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like Anakin is already being the Anakin we all know. ;) Running off and Obi-Wan all worried about finding him. [face_love] Love the three of them together. So funny that Xan figured out what happened to Obi. :D

Good job!
  25. Stargazer-19 Jedi Knight

star 2
    In the future ? I wouldn?t recommend pulling a blaster on a Jedi. It?s a good way to lose an arm.?

*Sigh* Someone should really tell the Jedi that the cutting off of limbs is not an appropriate way to begin or end a conversation... *cough*Anakin*cough*

I loved the antics going on between Anakin and Obi. It seems like even though Obi isn't his master he can't help but drive him nuts. :D I suppose some things transend even AU's.

Great Chapter!

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.