main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shrouded Path (Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Anakin - Prequels AU) - FINALLY Chapter 63 Updated 03-21-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Great update! Sorry it took me so long to get here. Life has been crazy for the past month! :oops:

=D=

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    please update! pleeeeeease!

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Gkilkenny - Hopefully they will ask for some help in navigating those waters.

Valairy_Scot - Palps thinks he is getting what he wants.

ratna - Sorry for ulcers -- not.

wolf_kenobi - I think others will realize the dangerous waters.

Ocelotl_Nesto - That's what he does best.

mujapple-juicey - Finally have a post for you. Though, we will have to wait for next post to see what's up with Xanatos.

PadawanKitara - Sorry to foul up the keyboard.

arwenreielkenobi - Everyone needs to keep close watch right now. There is the potential for so much to go wrong.

dianethx - While all involved recognize how serious their situations are, none are in over their heads ... yet.

Darth_Nellie - They all think they can handle it right now, but not sure how this will all work out.

Milteck - I think they question in the end is who will be successful in playing who.

OBI-LOVE - Watching his back is foremost in Xan's mind right now. He really isn't happy about his current circumstances.

Independence1776 - I think Anakin's different background will really come into play.

BrightFeather - I guess I need to start handing out disinfectant.

Itachi_Uchiha - Like I keep saying. so much to be worried about.

bek - Yeah, this is probably not something Xanatos is going to like to hear about.

Jaira - It will all come down to who does a better job at playing who at this point.

nada_smith - Ben is basically walking a very fine line between confidence and arrogance and arrogance at this point. I think Obi-Wan is aware of it. As for Xanatos, he has a lot of experience with pushing Dooku's buttons.

The_Slilent_One - I think there is cause to be worried about anyone at this point.

VaderLVR - I understand about crazy life.

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 62

The silence was suffocating, crushing in on Ben as Anakin guided the speeder toward the Jedi Temple. A chiseled face stared straight ahead while white-knuckled hands tightly gripped the controls. Heavy emotion leaked through the Chosen One?s shields ? anger and grief foremost.

Ben took a deep breath, clearing his own turbulent emotions from his mind before speaking.

?Anakin, pull off here.?

A blink of the eyes was the only indication the young man had heard. He continued ahead.

?Anakin, pull over,? Ben said more insistently.

With a resigned sigh, Anakin pulled the speeder off the main airway and found a quiet parking area. He stopped but maintained his silence.

?If you need to punch me or something to let it out, go ahead,? Ben said. ?I deserve it.?

?Is that how a Jedi is supposed to act?? Anakin murmured with a humorless chuckle. ?Not that I?ve ever exactly been the model Jedi.?

?Let?s talk about this,? Ben urged softly.

?It?s true. I have never been the most obedient padawan, not like you. But I knew Master was serious about Chancellor Palpatine. I?ve never accepted invitations or gifts or messages. I feel like I just betrayed my master.?

?No, I betrayed him. I left you no choice but to follow where I led,? Ben admitted. ?I?m sorry if it hurt you.?

?Was it the right thing to do? I didn?t like the feeling I got while we were there. It felt wrong.? Anakin shook his head before running his hands through his hair. ?And you can bet he will invite us back.?

?Something important happened there.? Ben wasn?t sure how to interpret what the Force was telling him. It was almost a warning. The only thing he knew was that they had stumbled onto something. ?I will accept full responsibility before the Council when we present what we found.?

?You plan to go before the Council?!?

?If certain senators or the Chancellor?s office are keeping things from the Council, they need to know,? Ben stated with conviction. ?And this is not a matter we have the wisdom to handle on our own.?

?Okay, let?s go.?

They arrived at the Temple. Anakin struggled to keep up with Ben as he hurried in focused pursuit toward the Council chambers. Ben?s stomach fluttered as he thought about standing before the Council, bringing information he had not yet debriefed with his master. It would be a shock and likely a disappointment to Obi-Wan.

?Padawan Itires,? the young padawan on duty said. ?The Council is meeting. You can wait here for Master Kenobi.?

?I need to speak with the Council. I have just learned some urgent information that they need to hear.?

?Just a moment.? She typed something into the keypad in front of her that would be displayed for Master Yoda and waited for a moment. ?They will see you.?

Ben stepped to the door, aware that Anakin was beside him. ?You can stay out here, Anakin.?

?No, we?re in this together.?

Both padawans stepped through the door side by side and faced the collective stares of the Council. Ben?s gaze briefly met his master?s. The concern in Obi-Wan?s eyes matched the questioning pulse across their bond. Ben sent quick reassurance that he was okay and then forced his gaze back to Master Yoda.

?Information you said you have Padawan Itires??

?Anakin and I have learned that the Chancellor?s office has obtained an image of Master Marojni meeting with Count Dooku.?

Ben took a few hesitant steps forward and handed the datapad containing the image to Master Windu. The dark-skinned master?s eyes narrowed as he studied the image before he began to pass it to the other masters who were physically present in the chambers.

?A warrant has been issued for Master Marojni?s arrest as a traitor to the Republic,? Ben added.

?How did you find out this information?? Master Windu asked.

?Anakin and I had tea with Chancellor Palpatine.?

Ben avoided eye contact with Obi-Wan, trying to keep his focus on Masters Windu and Yoda.

?Aware you are that Master Marojni does not wish for Padawan Skywalker to have cont

5. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    well now i wonder how Anakin will react to having ben become a knight b4 him?[face_thinking]

great work:)

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow, I love this chapter - Obi and Ben-centric, with Yoda's gentle wisdom. Love it, love it, love it.

The tap of a walking stick again the floor lifted his gaze.

?Sense confusion I do where normally calm and clarity I always find.?

?I will admit I am at a loss to explain my apprentice?s actions,? Obi-Wan said.

?Believe he acted maliciously do you ? hmmm ? to purposely betray Master Marojni??

?No, of course not Master. He did what he felt was right.? Obi-Wan took a deep breath, deciding he should get to the heart of the matter. Master Yoda would whittle it down in time. ?Perhaps that?s the problem. He acts more than he asks these days.?

?Reminds me of you before Naboo be does.? Yoda patted Obi-Wan?s arm with one clawed hand. ?Confidence in one?s decisions ? the willingness to accept the consequences ? willingness to risk disappointing others to follow one?s convictions ? qualities a Jedi knight these are.?

?And in other padawans we might call it arrogance,? Obi-Wan replied.

?Depends on the apprentice it does. The purpose of the trials this sort of discernment is.?

?You think he is ready for knighthood?? Obi-Wan asked. The idea felt right but at the same time he felt a tightness in his chest he was at a loss to define. ?Perhaps it is I who am not ready,? he finally admitted.

?Unusual this is not.? There was a smile in Master Yoda?s eyes that made Obi-Wan wonder how long the Council had been discussing this behind his back. ?Ready to discuss this matter with your peers are you??

So, Ben approaching knighthood is going to cause the "supposed" knight Anakin a bit of trouble, I suspect. Can't wait for more.

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    *deep satisfied sigh*

How do you do it?

Each post is so consistently good. You have so much going on at once. Key steppingstones in setting up plot and action. Delicate interactions of character and relationship, that each ring true, true, true. Prose that flows. Honestly. I am in awe at how you have sustained this over 62 chapters, and more than three years. And never in any place along this whole long journey have you let go of the reader's jugular, not even once.

What I liked best about this chapter ...

The boys went to the council!!![face_dancing]
    Loved the interactions between Obi and Ben, too.

Ahh, it's just so good.

*blissful face*

8. OBI-LOVE

OBI-LOVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    Loved this post! Great interactions between Yoda and Obi-Wan and then Obi-Wan and Ben. Hurray for Knight Ben!=D=

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    ?Depends on the apprentice it does. The purpose of the trials this sort of discernment is.?

?You think he is ready for knighthood?? Obi-Wan asked. The idea felt right but at the same time he felt a tightness in his chest he was at a loss to define. ?Perhaps it is I who am not ready,? he finally admitted.

?Unusual this is not.? There was a smile in Master Yoda?s eyes that made Obi-Wan wonder how long the Council had been discussing this behind his back. ?Ready to discuss this matter with your peers are you??

?Yes, Master.?

The closeness of the pair makes these decisions difficult. Plus who wants to see the team broken up even though it is the nature fo things. Wonderful post.

10. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    that was worth the wait for sure! perfection!

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I enjoyed the interaction between Ben and Obi, along with Yoda's calm guidance.

=D=

12. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Lovely post! Its good to see Ben is being considered for knighthood. And I'm glad they thoroughly discussed the potential benefits and risks of getting closer to Palpatine. At least they'll be prepared. But will that help in the long run? [face_worried]

Looking forward to more! =D=

13. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    Thank you for the PM. I so look forward to this story's updates.

I think that Yoda hit it straight on concerning Ben and Obi-Wan. I hope that Anakin saw the dangers in befriending Palps[face_worried]

14. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    This post really brought home just how grown up the boys are at this point. It makes me a bit sad. :( Lovely.:)

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ben is ready but he still is headstrong like his master.o_O

I think Ben knows who the sith is in his subconscious mind.[face_thinking]

excellent.[:D]

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Ooh a fine post. I like that the two padawans could sense the darkness with Palpy... Jedi are still pretty thick about how the Sith have infiltrated everything.

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    How quickly they grow up and before you know it they are taking the trials.

Very insightful, Obi-Wan. It would seem that it's time for Ben at least. I'm sure Anakin will be happy and annoyed that Ben is going first.

Good job.

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Lol, I was thinking along the same lines, something like "My baby's all grown up and taking trials." ;)

Good chappie.[:D]

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    He can't be old enough for the trials yet- not little Ben!

20. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    Definitely glad that Anakin managed to restrain himself after the meeting with his Sithness - it shows a level of control I wasn't really expecting from him. *Has to laugh over Obi-Wan's reaction to Ben* It's interesting to see Ben being the one to take risks while Anakin tries to hold him back - I only hope they don't get in too far over their heads before one or the other realizes what's happening.

21. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm wondering how Anakin is going to react to Ben being Knighted before he is. Or will Anakin not mind being a padawan a while longer as long as he can have his master back?

Ben has a point, but they'd better be careful putting Anakin and Palpatine together even with Ben there as a buffer. Xan didn't want his padawan around Palps for a reason. [face_worried]

Wonder if Xan and Anakin will come face to face any time soon? Perhaps when Ben and Anakin are with Palps, Dooku and Xan will somehow be in the same place. I could imagine Xan having a hard time not ripping the boys out of present company and hauling them back to the Temple. It's too bad that Xan and Obi-Wan can't speak right now to keep one another informed.

22. Jedi-Master-Jurron

Jedi-Master-Jurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    Moving this on up! Can't keep such a good story hidden!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yet another superb post. I expect nothign less from you.

=D=

24. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Sorry this has been so late- I've been busy.

Oh, wow. Ben knighted- that was something completely unexpected. But I suspect this is going to cause a major problem between Anakin and him.

And Palpatine- I truly hope they're cautious to the extreme.

25. Jedi-Master-Jurron

Jedi-Master-Jurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    Moving this up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.