main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shrouded Path (Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Anakin - Prequels AU) - FINALLY Chapter 63 Updated 03-21-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Happens when you feed them that does.?

It does, yes! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Wonderful update! =D=

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww loved this! Glad to see that Obi is willing to give it a shot; to allow the Force to work if there is anything there to be made.

Poor kid... envy of Xan and Anakin's bond. Well kid hold on to faith, your time juz might be coming...if the Force is willing.

Loved it! [face_laugh] Obi waking the kid up before he normally awakes! Loved the... :oops: that Obi felt! hehehe

3. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Awww. Obi-Wan is a good teacher and would make a wonderful Master for Ben, whom I like already like a lot. It will be interesting to see how Ben's relationship with Anakin develops, too, especially if Ani gets possessive. But, hey, he can't have two Masters all to himself, now, can he? [face_shame_on_you]

Hope you enjoyed your weekend away and that your boys missed you so much that they're extra nice to you now. :)

4. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    It appears that Anakin is going to have to learn to share. Something I think he may not have had much experience in. :)

This was a really great post. Loved seeing the interaction between Ben and Obi-Wan, and of course the interaction between Xan and Obi is always a welcome one. [face_love]

5. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Glad to see that Obi-Wan has finally met with Ben. Although I would've been P'OD if he got me up at that ridiculous hour of the day...and wouldn't even bother to be gracious.

As he hit the showers adjoining the training rooms, he could already feel a burn setting into protesting muscles.

Start getting used to it, young Ben. Because I have a feeling you're going to feel that way for a long time to come.

Xanatos smirked at Obi-Wan. "And I?m especially glad you both decided to shower before gracing our table with your presences."

[face_laugh]

"...I say give it time and trust the Force, but it might be a rocky path for a while."

Indeed. Once Obi-Wan accepts Ben as his padawan, his fears about being able to train him well will slowly deteriorate. It will Anakin's feelings on the matter that will determine just how long things will be rocky.

Wonderful post, Noi. Can't wait to see Obi finally make Ben his padawan.:D

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    There's just something so enjoyable about the dynamics between Xan/Obi and Anakin. :) I really like Ben and hope Anakin can get past his feelings of jealousy. The two boys could probably become great friends and a long standing support system for one another. Bravo!=D=

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    diane

They certainly do have a nice relationship, one founded on truth, and I certainly hope that Obi-Wan will take Ben.

I am happy with how their relationship is progressing. I think it will be good for both of them to have this time to just make sure this is where they are supposed to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were confrontations further down the line. - [face_whistling]

VaderLVR - I can't claim that. It's my father-in-law's joke. :)

Kynstar

Glad to see that Obi is willing to give it a shot; to allow the Force to work if there is anything there to be made.

Well, we already know the Force is nudging. ;)

Loved the... doh! that Obi felt! - I had a lot of fun with that. Poor kid.

DarthMousche

Obi-Wan is a good teacher and would make a wonderful Master for Ben, whom I like already like a lot.

I am so happy the dynamic is coming off well. I am having a lot of fun with Ben's character.

But, hey, he can't have two Masters all to himself, now, can he?

Well, he is the Chosen One. Shouldn't he get special treatment? :p

bek

Yes, Anakin is going to have to learn how to share.

Loved seeing the interaction between Ben and Obi-Wan, and of course the interaction between Xan and Obi is always a welcome one.

Well, you can expect plenty more. [face_love]

AP4EVER

Although I would've been P'OD if he got me up at that ridiculous hour of the day...and wouldn't even bother to be gracious.

Unfortunately for him, he should probably get used to early mornings. [face_coffee]

Indeed. Once Obi-Wan accepts Ben as his padawan, his fears about being able to train him well will slowly deteriorate. It will Anakin's feelings on the matter that will determine just how long things will be rocky.

I think Anakin will adjust in time. Unfortunately, Ben might have to prove himself a little.

obi-ew

There's just something so enjoyable about the dynamics between Xan/Obi and Anakin.

Thanks. I am having a lot of fun with it. [face_love]

he two boys could probably become great friends and a long standing support system for one another.

I think that's something their masters have in mind.

8. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh I love this! (Just found it today)

Please PM me with updates if you do them.

I like how Xan is willing to stick up for Anakin. He needs that, although it is weird to see him with someone besides Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan. Ben should be perfect for Obi-Wan, he seems mature and open to Obi-Wan's more structured style. Although I can totally see Anakin being very terratorial about Obi-Wan! Can't wait for the next chapter!

9. nd_jedi

nd_jedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    I'm really enjoying this fic, Master_Noi:)

I think Qui-Gon may have picked the right master for Anakin - I think Obi-Wan and Anakin are both better off with Xanatos as master. (This is one of the few fics that I'm actually liking Xanatos in.) And I'm really enjoying Ben's and Obi-Wan's budding relationship. It's so nice to see Obi becoming a master a little later in his life, when he's more confident in himself, and not having the choice made for him.

10. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Great chapter.

You have a very interesting dynamic going on between Anakin and Obi-Wan...like you said they are almost like brothers, which is interesting since in ROTS they say they consider themselves brothers.

I think that it just goes to show that they had a much more father/son relationship than they were willing to admit.

I'm interested to see just what will happen when they add Ben to the mix.

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I didn't expect Anakin to be so possesive of Obi-Wan. It adds an interesting dimension to the story.

And for those old timers- froggy just posted a lucious new chapter. just ignore the header since she didn't change it, but it's there, I promise :D

12. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Obi-Wan and Ben are so sweet together [face_love] Helping him through the 'rough spots' [face_love]

And I like the dynamics going on, very interesting! And I'm sure Anakin does have some mixed feelings about all of this. There is going to be a rough road ahead, but Xan and Obi together...Anything is possible! [face_love]

13. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Ben is adorable! :* The Obi-Wan/Ben relationship is going to be a great one, because from the start it's based on honesty. Obi-Wan is honest in telling Ben that he will make his decision based on what the Force tells him. And Ben does not want to become a padawn because of pity. I knew Anakin would be jealous. :D I feel sorry for poor Ben - he is on a sort of uncertain "trial" period of one month before he knows whether or not he will become a padawan, and has to endure coolness from Anakin.

14. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I will have to get the rest of my replies up later today. Sorry, DRL has been rough this week and I have just got a little bit of time to get this up.

Chapter 12

?You?re early,? Xanatos said, wiping his hands with a dish towel as Obi-Wan shrugged off his robe and carefully laid it over the back of one of the armchairs. ?Dinner is not quite ready yet.?

?My meeting ran shorter than I expected.? He paused, cupping his hand over his chin. ?I was hoping I might be able to talk to Anakin.?

?The meeting went well then?? Xanatos raised an eyebrow. ?No problems??

?Everything is in order.?

?Anakin?s in his room.? Xanatos motioned towards the door as he started towards the kitchen. He stopped and turned back, frowning. ?Be careful. I haven?t been in to inspect the state of things in there. I wouldn?t want you to get lost or trip and break your neck.?

?I?ll keep that in mind.?

Obi-Wan knocked gently on the door and heard Anakin mumble for him to enter. Xanatos had not been kidding. The small room had all the disarray of a dingy, cramped junk store, and about the same content. Scattered spare parts worn with age and various tools carpeted the floor, sectioned off into small distinct piles. Anakin was hunched over the workbench wearing goggles obviously designed to magnify and seemed to be probing at some intricate wiring. Obi-Wan stepped carefully through the obstacles, reaching out to clear off a nearby chair.

?Don?t touch that!? Anakin snapped out in near panic and Obi-Wan held his hands up in a manner suggesting surrender.

?Is your bed safe at least?? Obi-Wan questioned sarcastically.

?Yeah,? Anakin mumbled, still not looking up from his work.

Obi-Wan looked around, marveling at how different his old room looked in such a state of disorder before smoothing out the blankets on Anakin?s bed and inspecting it to make sure it was safe to sit. He turned his attention back to Anakin, studying the intent lines of concentration etched on his young face. He didn?t want to disturb his concentration; in fact, he had never seen Anakin give that level of attention to anything before and it was a novelty to watch. The imprint in the Force amazed him. The normally chaotic, powerful currents surrounding Anakin were focused and centered, humming in pleasant harmony.

?You?re going to take him as your padawan, aren?t you?? Anakin still didn?t look up from the workbench, but had laid the piece he was working with down in front of him and was staring at it aimlessly. ?I mean, that?s why you?ve been working with him in the mornings for the last two weeks and why you had to meet with Master Yoda his evening.?

?I would like to do that, and it is what I feel the Force pushing me towards, but I need to speak with one last person before I will feel at peace about it.?

?Who??

Obi-Wan smiled as though the answer should be obvious since he was sitting in Anakin?s room. ?You.?

Anakin looked up at him, his eyes narrowing in puzzlement. ?You don?t have to have my permission,? he huffed out.

?No, I don?t.?

?So, why me then?? Anakin shrugged, trying to project disinterest.

?I?ve been concerned about how quiet you have been in the mornings.?

Anakin sighed as he directed a pained scowl in Obi-Wan?s direction. ?I hate it when you and Master gang up on me ?? Obi-Wan began to speak and Anakin quickly chimed in, ? ? and don?t tell me hate leads to the Dark side. That one?s getting a little old.?

?Well, it does.? Anakin rolled his eyes, exaggerating the motion and Obi-Wan laughed out loud. ?You know, there are advantages to me having a padawan.?

?Like what?? The young boy?s curiosity was obviously peaked and Obi-Wan realized he now had his complete attention.

?I?ll have someone to help me with missions ? to watch out for me some. I will probably be at the Temple more often, and it also opens the possibility for joint missions.?

?Really??

?Overall, I might see you more often than now.? He had probed and sensed some of Anakin?s preoccupation leaving, but

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Yea! He has a Padawan. I like that he spoke with Anakin first, reassuring him that he would still have a place in his life.

16. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Great chapter! I loved it.

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww that was so sweet about stating he had to talk to one last person - Anakin. [face_love]

Yay!! The two can now become an official Master/Padawan team!! [face_dancing] Loved the fact that Ben felt the slight bond he has with Obi. Great job!!

18. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?Don?t touch that!? Anakin snapped out in near panic and Obi-Wan held his hands up in a manner suggesting surrender.

[face_laugh] What an image.

"...and don?t tell me hate leads to the Dark side. That one?s getting a little old.?

?Well, it does.? Anakin rolled his eyes, exaggerating the motion

[face_laugh] Indeed, but that doesn't mean that that phrase doesn't get old.

"Master only took me because Qui-Gon asked him."

[face_worried] Ah Geez, not this! But at least Obi-Wan helped him tone down his doubts. And if that didn't help, this no doubt will.:)

Obi-Wan could see the heavy emotion that clouded the older Jedi?s eyes and made a quick exit. Xanatos paused to kneel down in front of his apprentice and drew him into an embrace, reinforcing his acceptance through the Force. Anakin?s great need for reassurance never ceased to amaze him.

:) Indeed, and I have a feeling he'll still need that assurance for many years to come.

?Ben?dek Itires ? I would be honored if you would be my padawan learner.?

At last! Although I think it will take a little time for Anakin to get used to Obi-Wan having a padawan, everthing shall be smooth sailing from here on out.

Wonderful post, Master Noi! Can't wait to see what happens next.:D

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    That was really cool that Obi-Wan included Anakin in on his decision to accept Ben as his padawan. :)

I feel bad for Anakin. It's like he knows that he is wanted as a padawan by Xan and yet his upbringing keeps him asking if he is really accepted. Hopefully as he spends more and more time with Xan and Obi he will come to understand that they accept him unconditionally. ;)

20. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Anakin?s great need for reassurance never ceased to amaze him.

Aww, this is so sad, but I'm glad Anakin has someone who is willing to reassure him.

Great update. I'm happy that Ben got chosen as well and I love it that Obi-Wan acknowledged Anakin's important place in his life.

21. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Wonderful posty all the way around. Gave me the warm fuzzies.

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved it! [face_love] I'm always looking forward to the next post on this one! [:D]

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was so sweet. I liked that he talked to Anakin - it was right that he do so - and Anakin still is having problems with insecurity. Xan seems to be handling it well and I hope Ani finds peace.

Ben is cute - poor kid thinking that the experiment was at an end and trying to be brave. And then the joy of being asked.

Good job.

24. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Catching up on replies here ...

Replies from 9/08 post:

Anakin's_Force

Sorry I didn't get to a PM for the latest post; time got away. I will remember from now on.

I like how Xan is willing to stick up for Anakin. He needs that, although it is weird to see him with someone besides Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan. Ben should be perfect for Obi-Wan, he seems mature and open to Obi-Wan's more structured style. Although I can totally see Anakin being very terratorial about Obi-Wan!

I think Anakin needs someone who is willing to challenge the Council as well. Ben will need to get over some insecurities, but I think he will eventually thrive with Obi-Wan's mentorship. I think both Obi-Wan and Xanatos are wise to Anakin's feelings about the padawan issue.

nd_jedi

This is one of the few fics that I'm actually liking Xanatos in.

I'm glad you are enjoying the character.

It's so nice to see Obi becoming a master a little later in his life, when he's more confident in himself, and not having the choice made for him.

It is fun to write as well. I think he will be much more confident in having been able to make this choice himself.

Stargazer-19

You have a very interesting dynamic going on between Anakin and Obi-Wan...like you said they are almost like brothers, which is interesting since in ROTS they say they consider themselves brothers.

I sort of imagine Obi-Wan as someone Anakin would go to if he were frustrated with Xanatos or something, someone he can ask those little brother sort of questions. Ben will add some interesting dynamics, I think.

Kitara

I didn't expect Anakin to be so possesive of Obi-Wan. It adds an interesting dimension to the story.

I always like surprising people. I think it will make for some interesting developments.

tangled_sphere

There is going to be a rough road ahead, but Xan and Obi together...Anything is possible!

I think so as well. There are going to be rough spots, but I think Obi-Wan and Xan see some of what is going on and are going to try to keep everything in the open.

forever_jedi

Ben is adorable!

Thanks!

I feel sorry for poor Ben - he is on a sort of uncertain "trial" period of one month before he knows whether or not he will become a padawan, and has to endure coolness from Anakin.

I think Obi-Wan will realize this might not have been the fairest thing to ask of Ben.

Replies from 9/16 post:

Gina

I like that he spoke with Anakin first, reassuring him that he would still have a place in his life.

I think it was necessary. Xanatos may be Anakin's master, but Obi-Wan has been in his life for longer.

kateydidnt - Thanks. :)

Kynstar

Awww that was so sweet about stating he had to talk to one last person - Anakin.

I think, whether he admits it or not, that should make Anakin feel special.

AP4EVER

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Anakin, Obi-Wan banter. That scene went through so many revisions.

Ah Geez, not this! But at least Obi-Wan helped him tone down his doubts.

I think the thoughts would come up. He is watching all of his agemates be chosen by masters and talk about being chosen, wondering if they will find a master. Anakin wants to be the best, and I think it would bug him, wondering if he would be the type of initiate that would be picked.

everthing shall be smooth sailing from here on out.

*Tries to calm herself down from maniacal laughing.* That's a good one.

bek

That was really cool that Obi-Wan included Anakin in on his decision to accept Ben as his padawan.

I think it was very necessary to help with Anakin and Ben developing friendship.

Hopefully as he spends more and more time with Xan and Obi he will come to understand that they accept him unconditionally.

I think he will, but unfortunately that doesn't mean there won't be more struggles.

Anakin's_F

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think I'm really going to like lil' Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.