main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Shrouded Path (Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Anakin - Prequels AU) - FINALLY Chapter 63 Updated 03-21-09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I finally got to read this entire story. It is so beautifully written.

So great that Obi-Wan reassured Anakin. I had a lump in my throat when Obi-Wan asked Ben to be his padawan. I would love a PM on your next update.

2. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Anakin's still being needy, but Xanatos seems to understand that very well. And Obi-Wan has a new Padawan. :) The passage with Ben feeling the bond was sweet.

OK, so now we have two happy Master-Padawan relationships. What's next? I hope we get to see the four of them work together.

3. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Though Obi-Wan didn't need Anakin's permission, the fact that he discussed the situation with Anakin before adding to their little "family", should reassure Anakin. But I am sure Anakin will always have the niggling doubt as to whether he would have been chosen as a padawan had he come to the Jedi order through regular channels.

Loved the Obi-Wan/Ben interaction and the mush and the bond.... [face_love]. Looking forward to more Obi/Ben. Ben and his situation are mirror images of Obi-Wan at his age in JA universe.

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Kitara

I think I'm really going to like lil' Ben.

I'm so glad you are.

PadawanKayla

So great that Obi-Wan reassured Anakin. I had a lump in my throat when Obi-Wan asked Ben to be his padawan.

Thanks for reading. I'm glad you are enjoying the mush.

Mousche

OK, so now we have two happy Master-Padawan relationships. What's next?

*Cue evil laughter* Now the fun begins.

forever_jedi

Though Obi-Wan didn't need Anakin's permission, the fact that he discussed the situation with Anakin before adding to their little "family", should reassure Anakin. But I am sure Anakin will always have the niggling doubt as to whether he would have been chosen as a padawan had he come to the Jedi order through regular channels.

Hopefully in time, those doubts won't matter.

A great big hug to oe for giving me reassurance on this post.

Chapter 13

The cloaked figure stepped carefully through the darkened room, blending into shadows cast by Coruscant?s nighttime assault of blinking and flashing lights. He carefully opened the bedroom door and approached the lone occupant. Obi-Wan stirred, shifting positions, but his breathing fell immediately back into the gentle rhythm of sleep. The intruder reached towards the slumbering Jedi?s shoulder, suddenly finding his wrist snatched and struggled against it. He jerked hard to free his arm from the unrelenting grip, unintentionally dragging Obi-Wan onto the floor only to have his ankle grabbed and feet wrenched out from under him before being pinned roughly to the floor by a knee.

?Xan?? Obi-Wan asked, trying to catch his breath and clear his sleep-clogged mind. ?What are you doing in my room??

Xanatos tried to answer, but only managed a pained, ?Your ? knee.? Obi-Wan looked down to where his knee dug in near Xanatos? throat, supporting his weight and quickly pulled it up. The older Jedi gasped in air greedily before taking several normal, even breaths.

?It was either wake the hallway knocking loudly on your door or enter,? he said rolling to a sitting position as he reached up to rub at his chest. ?I?ll note for the future that you defend first and check for familiar presences later.?

?I was sound asleep ? what did you expect sneaking up on me??

?I just hope Ben doesn?t ever have a nightmare and seek you out in the middle of the night.? Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. ?Get dressed. We?re going out,? Xanatos announced.

?Where? Ben and I are moving to our new quarters tomorrow and making final preparations for his braiding ceremony.?

?I?ll explain later. Don?t worry; you?ll be back before morning.?

They made their way to the lower depths of Coruscant. Xanatos led them to a dingy, smoke-filled cantina that was surprisingly quiet for the number of patrons. He wasted no time taking a seat by the window where the discolored, grime covered plexiglass gave passable view to the outside walkway.

Are you going to let me in on what we are doing here now??

Xanatos caught the attention of a passing cocktail waitress and ordered two drinks, gazing distractedly out the window until she returned with two small glasses of glowing blue liquor.

Obi-Wan raised his glass, eyeing it with irritation before setting it back down on the table. ?If you dragged me out of bed in the middle of the night just to go drinking ...?

A look of mock hurt flickered across pale features as Xanatos finally tore his eyes from the outside walkway. ?I only want someone to talk to while I watch and wait.?

?A mission??

?Of sorts.?

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan stated knowingly as Xanatos nodded. They both picked up their glasses and downed the contents in one gulp.

?Yes, my wayward apprentice. He?s shielded and has blocked his end of our training bond, but I have it on good authority he?ll be here.?

?Whose authority?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Mine. I never thought I would be using years of experience in surveillance to track my own apprentice. What?s most disturbing is that the kid goes p

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh dear!! [face_worried] Poor Xan! He'll never forgive himself of this! :(

Loved the talk between Xan and Obi :D And yep, Obi is gonna have to becareful in case Ben does come to him after having a nightmare.

Oh no...who has Anakin! :eek:

Great update!!! :D :D

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I have an idea who might have arranged the real kidnapping... and in the immortal words of a certain young Master "Not Good"

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've got a bad feeling about this. [face_worried] Wonderful update, but now I'm going to worry until the next one!

8. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?I just hope Ben doesn?t ever have a nightmare and seek you out in the middle of the night.?

Indeed, poor Ben.

...she returned with two small glasses of glowing blue liquor.

I always wondered what they used to make that. And if by chance (however small) it is a real drink, I wanna try it!

?Mine. I never thought I would be using years of experience in surveillance to track my own apprentice. What?s most disturbing is that the kid goes places in Coruscant I?ve never dared to go.?

He shouldn't be surprised. This is Anakin we're taling about here.

?I think...I see... some gray ...?

[face_laugh]

?By leaving me an apprentice nearly like I was, he is assured I get a taste of the hell I must have put him through.?

That may not have been his original intention, but I agree that Qui-Gon took that into consideration.

?It?s time he learned not to sneak out.?

Harsh, but will make a vaild point and lesson.

?It will also teach him to keep this with him at all times.?

Some things never change.

?We didn?t discuss suppressing him,?

Oh hell,...

?But, who has him? That?s the question.?

$100,000 I know who did this!

The figure was heavily cloaked, but Anakin could discern it was a man because the bottom of his face hung below the covering of his hood.

$1,000,000!

?Welcome Young Skywalker ? Chosen One. I have been expecting you.?

$1,000,000,000!!!

The suspense is growing, how far will it go? Can't wait to find out!:D

9. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    ?This weapon is your life,? he stated in a passable imitation of their late mentor.
    Obi-Wan groaned. ?Tell me you haven?t used that one.?

?Oh I have, and believe it or not - you will as well.?

[face_laugh] Love the conversation between these two.

=D= Great update! I wonder how Anakin?s going to get out of this one!

10. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Such a lovely post....until you left us dangling off your evil cliffie! [face_devil]

As worried as I am for Ani, I can't wait to see Xan in action!

Lori

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved that Xan was trying to get Anakin to realize that he couldn't just up and go do his own thing without serious consequences. I loved, too, how they talked about their experiences with Qui-Gon without terrible sadness but rather a longing that was warm and heart-felt.

But Xan should know better than to let the Chosen one out of his sight. He is a "treasure" that others might exploit - like the dark-robed one!

Great job. Lovely cliffie. Keep going!

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Looks as though someone else caught wind of Xan's plan to teach Anakin a lesson and then imposed their own to capture him. [face_worried]

Hope Xan finds him soon. [face_praying]

13. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    ?Anakin,? Obi-Wan stated knowingly as Xanatos nodded. They both picked up their glasses and downed the contents in one gulp.

For some reason, that image just cracked me up. I loved the easy banter and remembrances the two share. That was a great lesson Xanatos was trying to teach Anakin. Too bad it went awry.

And Anakin - :eek: - oh no!

14. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Told you they'd like it. ;) Love that Xan isn't above using some of his less Jedi-like behaviors and contacts when dealing with his apprentice. [face_dancing] Dunno why, but reading this again gave me a twinge of sadness as I thought about how much Qui is missing. :(

15. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    EEK! I know what Xan wanted to do, but arranging a kidnapping doesn't seem like such good judgment for a Master. Anakin does need a lesson though, so hopefully this will work if he can escape/be rescued. Great update and I can't wait for the next! I really like your Xan characterization.

16. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Obi-Wan's reaction to a nighttime "intruder" in his room - priceless!
    Xanatos' "teaching" method by arranging a tussle, is interesting! But will both master and padawan learn from it or regret it?
    Anakin kidnapped, and Ben moving in the next morning - what happens next?

17. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ok, late replies, a lot of them. [face_blush] Thanks for all the pms!

Ch 9 ? Yay, Xan is standing up to the council for what is best for Anakin. Looks like Anakin is already starting to have that ?I?ll be the best? attitude. Hope Xan and Obi can temper it. And its sweet that he wants to be around Obi all the time, but he does need to learn that they can?t be around all the time.

Ch 10 ? Ah, I hope Obi-Wan chooses Ben on his own, but I?m suspecting that he?ll get pushed into it by Xan and Yoda. Maybe he?ll see himself in Ben though, and just take him. [face_thinking] I liked the chat Xan had with Anakin, I think that really helps him understand the way things work. LOL at the Xan and Shmi?s conversation, only lost Anakin twice. [face_laugh] Yoda suddenly speaking freaked me out. :p

Ch 11 - :D Love how Xan really is a big brother to Obi, meeting him and making sure he goes to the healers. I'm glad to see Obi seriously considering taking Ben as Padawan, even though he doesn't feel ready, and he's getting set up. Well, at least he knows he got trapped by Yoda and Xan. I'm sure his personal experiences are helping him realize the possibility of taking Ben. :) I like Yoda in here, his quips. :D

Ch 11? - Hmm, I like how Obi-Wan is taking it slowly and getting to know Ben. But, I'm worried how Anakin and other initiates would react if Obi-Wan were to take Ben, or if he didn't. Though, Obi-Wan will, right? ;) And I'm sure Anakin will eventually become a "brother" with Ben while staying close to Obi-Wan.

Ch 12 - Love the description of Anakin's room and his concentration. :D Aww, Obi-Wan asked Anakin if he was ok with him taking Ben. [face_love] Yay, Obi-Wan took Ben as his Padawan! Great job with their conversation, Ben's disappointment, then shock and joy. :D

Ch 13 - Heh, liked Obi's reflexes, and Xan's quip about hoping Ben never woke Obi up. Of course, they're going out to find Anakin. :rolleyes: Loved Obi and Xan's talk while waiting, especially their joking around, but... :eek: I have one guess who it is, and it would be real bad. [face_worried] It would have been a good lesson, if it hadn't gone wrong. :(

18. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Kynstar

Poor Xan! He'll never forgive himself of this! - Yes, he isn't going to take this very well. He's not accustomed to failing or having someone else out manuever him.

I'll give you one guess who has Anakin. [face_mischief]

Kitara - No, it's not good.

VaderLVR - Well, next one's up. But somehow, I think you will still be worried.

AP4EVER

I don't know if it's a real drink or not, but it's kind of fun that it glows. I wonder if it makes your tongue glow blue?

Harsh, but will make a vaild point and lesson.

Well, it will especially make a valid point after this. [face_worried]

PadawanKayla

Love the conversation between these two.

I'm glad you liked the dynamics. I like the brotherly aspects. It's almost like Obi-Wan has a big brother and a little brother. [face_love]

lori71

Such a lovely post....until you left us dangling off your evil cliffie! - [face_devil]

Well, I'm not throwing down a rope just yet.

dianethx

I loved that Xan was trying to get Anakin to realize that he couldn't just up and go do his own thing without serious consequences. I loved, too, how they talked about their experiences with Qui-Gon without terrible sadness but rather a longing that was warm and heart-felt.

Xan was only trying to do what he thought might help Anakin realize the seriousness of his behavior. I think he is realizing that Qui-Gon did his best and didn't exactly have an easy time of it.

bek

Hope Xan finds him soon.

Unfortunately, it's going to get worse before it gets better. :(

Mousche

For some reason, that image just cracked me up.

I'm so glad you liked it. Almost like they were drinking a toast to Anakin in my mind.

That was a great lesson Xanatos was trying to teach Anakin. Too bad it went awry.

His heart was in the right place.

obi-ew

Love that Xan isn't above using some of his less Jedi-like behaviors and contacts when dealing with his apprentice.

No, he's not taking a page from the official manual on this one.

Dunno why, but reading this again gave me a twinge of sadness as I thought about how much Qui is missing.

He is missing a lot, but is closer than they think.

Anakins_Force

I know what Xan wanted to do, but arranging a kidnapping doesn't seem like such good judgment for a Master.

Yeah, Xan was pretty confident that he had it all figured out. I think Anakin will still learn the lesson, but it wasn't as Xan intended.

forever_jedi

But will both master and padawan learn from it or regret it?

I think a little of both. [face_worried]

jedi_tigris

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. You didn't have to do that. :p

I have one guess who it is, and it would be real bad.

Well, it isn't going to be all warm fuzzy, that's for sure.

19. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 14

?Who are you?? Anakin asked. ?What do you want with me??

?Perhaps I should kill you and be done with it, as the Jedi believe the Chosen One is destined to destroy the Sith ? destroy me.? Thin lips pulled up into a twisted smile as Sidious took in the fear that seeped into wide blue eyes.

?I believe we can do away with this.? He raised his hand and the collar at once fell away from Anakin?s neck. Anakin reached out expecting to take in the comfort of the Force; instead, he inhaled deeply from the putrid stench of Darkness that obstructed the currents of Light surrounding him. Just as the Light always bombarded him calling for his attention, the Darkness seemed to tug at him, dragging him into its thickness. Before it could drown him, he quickly found the beacon of his mentor?s mind, joyfully grabbing for it.

?Yes, by all means, contact your mentor.? Anakin, too busy trying to find Xanatos, didn?t hear Sidious? taunting whisper. ?He must be frightfully worried about you.?

Xanatos paced back and forth next to the open window in his quarters not quite sure what else he should do. He had contacted Coruscant Security as a necessary formality to report Anakin missing. Coruscant was a large metropolis, and he knew one lost boy did not rank highest on their list, but it would at least put an alert on all traffic leaving the planet. Someone determined to get Anakin off of Coruscant still could, but it would keep them from using more public forms of transportation.

Then he had contacted Dex, despite the early hour, hoping the ex-smuggler?s connections might provide some useful leads. The Besalisk had been understandably upset as he had arranged the set-up, and Xanatos had done his best to assure him he was not at fault, but that any help would be appreciated.

Obi-Wan had stayed near the cantina to deal with the two bodies found, and to further search the area. He also wanted to question anyone who might have seen anything and perhaps pick up a lead there. Xanatos was once again skeptical. People at that level of Coruscant tended to act like things never happened, and he couldn?t blame them. He glanced over at the comlink resting on the nearby shelf; half hoping it would chime, bringing good news.

He finally forced himself to sit down and still his mind. He needed meditate, to think things through and calm himself before going to the Council ? to explain his actions. He was angry at himself. He had let his guard down, passing off subtle warnings that even Obi-Wan felt through the Force as nothing. It had been out of pride ? out of arrogance that he would teach his apprentice, and in one easy lesson rid himself of the frustration of Anakin?s wanderings. While he was certain Anakin now understood, he hoped this lesson would not be too costly.

He soon found himself probing at the void in his head where Anakin?s restless, fiery presence should be animated and alive, and swallowed hard. It hadn?t been much more than an hour since their bond had gone silent, but it already seemed like it had been an eternity.

Master, how did you survive going through this so many times? Xanatos mused, as he made a mental calculation of how often they had been separated in the course of his apprenticeship, then added on the instances of Obi-Wan being kidnapped.

He picked up his cloak and started for the door. Pacing was accomplishing nothing, and his center was elusive. It was best to wake Master Yoda and get this over with. He neared the door and paused as he felt a slight glimmer at the corner of his mind. ?Anakin?? he whispered audibly as he squeezed his eyes shut, settling deep into the Force to seek him out. There was a deluge of emotion, a rambling chaos of fear, anger, and frustration. Without thought, almost instinctively, he opened his shields along the bond completely to begin to calm the boy. He sensed the rush of Darkness too late and made a hasty attempt to throw his shielding back up, but dark tendrils had already gained a foothold and penetrated his

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww! So loved that ending! [face_love] Qui awakening him. True.. oh soooo true Xan! Anakin needs you!

Love how Ben is thinking rational! :D Stating he should sit by Xan while he vists Yoda. Great job

Awesome chapter! :D

21. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    :eek: Instead of dropping us a rope, you threw rocks at us! :p

Poor Ani...he was powerless, but still trying to help.

Ben is just more adorable in every chapter. I can't wait to see if he gets to Xantos in time!

Great, as always!

Lori

22. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Great update! I feel bad for Xan, he's just getting in deeper and deeper and Anakin is still missing. At least we know Sidious won't kill Anakin--he's too valuable. Obi-Wan is trying to clean up the mess, as usual, lol.

23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    That was great! :D Loved the ending especially! [face_love]

Glad to know that Qui is still there for the boys. Really worried as to what is going to happen with Anakin. :(

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_worried] Sids is a very scary in this story. Worse than his ROTS counterpart. Poor, Xan and poor Anakin. Even if he gets his apprentice back, I bet things will be vastly different than before. Ben is a cutie. :)

25. DarthMousche

Jun 16, 2005
    Anakin reached out expecting to take in the comfort of the Force; instead, he inhaled deeply from the putrid stench of Darkness that obstructed the currents of Light surrounding him.

Poor kid was suffocating...and with the dark display of power, there goes all his innocence (well, whatever innocence he had left after his slave life).

I just love how Ben anticipated Obi-Wan's needs. The bond is already tight. And repeated passage with Xanatos coming to awareness first in his dream/vision then in reality was effective. Hope he gets better fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.