main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA A silly Question to the Cantina Crawlers

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Nychus, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    Ok, we have a Cantina and it's local denizens. So what Star Wars planet is it supposedly on? This will help some of us that do Role Play ( I hope not to offend with the idea of RP).

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    This answer may be a little long-winded, so bear with me:

It's a sad little back-water planet far out on the Westward spiral wing of the Galaxy.
    It's denizens, for some near-unfathomable reason (nearly totally lacking in creativity and imagination) call this planet Earth.

I guess that wasn't so long-winded.....

3. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    I was actually refering to which planet in the Star Wars continuity not our own actual planet. SW was afterall supposed to be in a different galaxy. Just looking for where in that contest the Cantina is, Tatooine, Corellia, etc.

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    That's an interesting question. I don't think the group has ever decided on a location for the cantina.

5. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    I would suggest some outer rim system not widely known in the stories. Although Nar Shada might be a good bet. It makes Chalmun's on Tatooine look down right respectable. We could always hire a chiss bartender with a speech impediment <lol> (Jedi Outcast Joke).

6. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I think the section of skyline John used in the logo (not to mention Han) would be a good match with Corellia.

We did joke around back in the early days that this was a "neutral" cantina (not leaning Rebellion or Imperial), which aslo fits the Corellian sense of rugged idependence.

7. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    Ok, I can go with that. How would the Corellians be with a 6km long mandalorian battlecruiser and support fleet hanging around. (Related club a friend and I are working on).

8. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    Hehe "Cantina Crawlers" right up my alley :D

I think the skyline's very Corellian too.

9. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    LOVE the video!
    Anyhoo...
    Let's not forget: "a long time ago,"
    I'm not certain that we'd even need to place ourselves in the context of the SW Universe, since we might not even be in it.
    "...just silly little half-monkeys imitating what they see..."
    What planet have you been living on???
    Ever been to a bar in Hillyard? Any bar in Hillyard? Trust me, they make Chalmun's look like a kiddie-park.
    I'm not really sure that the SW Universe could handle us.

10. Darth_Thaddius

Darth_Thaddius Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2008
    I was thinking that maybe a planet such as Ansion would work for us. Just throwing some ideas out there. We could even go with Bespin. Just thinking out loud. Disregard if not interested ha ha.

11. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Bespin is too clean to the be the Northwest :D
    I lean towards Corellia myself. Definitely not Tatooine, not unless we were down in Bosie.
    We could have it on Endor and set up Alfredo as the bouncer against Ewoks ;)

12. Darth_Thaddius

Darth_Thaddius Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2008
    Actually,

Correlia is a wondeful idea. It has very similar weather to Spokane and would actually fit nicely. As those who have played the Force Unleashed, the Snow fall in it was actually pretty nice. So, I have my vote for the Spokantina being set in Correllia

13. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    Ok, I guess the I's have it Corellia is the spot! Yay, Kind of liked Corellians anyway.

14. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Coming in a bit late, but we decided Corellia back on the day we named the group... just FYI.

Also, the only SW game that's ever done Corellia any form of justice was Galaxies. That is all.

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *blames her faulty memory for not remembering*

16. Darth_Nychus

Darth_Nychus Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2004
    Okies, fine by me. Always liked Corellia anyway. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.