main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A SIMPLE TWIST OF FATE--EP 2 AU ROUND ROBIN

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    "It was all well and good until some idiot decided to play hero."

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Obi-Wan's grimace, the barely concealed impatience he used to mask his worry.

"Six hundred and forty-seven civilians died in what was supposed to be a peaceful convocation," he countered. "I doubt that the Council would agree that it was 'all well and good.'"

Don't remind me.

He folded his arms, hands tucked into his sleeves, chin parallel to the floor. For a long moment, he contemplated the bitter truth of the statement, but the simple truth that there was little he could have done to stop it.

"Most likely," he said wryly, "the Council thinks that I'm the idiot who decided to play hero."

Yes, the Council would regard his actions with the same suspicion and veiled contempt that they typically assigned to his case. As the legendary Chosen One--a title he did not care to own, nor live--he was supposed to be the making of history. He was supposed to have the strength of a gundark, the agility of a Dug, the physique of some Kitoth god, the wisdom of Yoda, the patience of Ki-Adi-Mundi, and the Force-strength that had never been attained before. He was to be obedient, brilliant, creative, courageous, and, worst of all, humble.

Instead, he was a headstrong teenager thought to be caught in one too many power couplings for his own good. The Council, frustrated by his innate ability to act on his own, seemed to think that if he was the Chosen One, balance might not be worth the effort.

At times, the effort to be perfect was something bordering impossible.

"You nearly died, my young apprentice," Obi-Wan said tersely, breaking into his reverie. "I don't know what you call playing hero..."

"You'd have rather that I let that number double?"

His mouth twitched downward. "I would have rather that there be no numbers at all," he said quietly.

"That wasn't possible with a Sith."

Any further argument was forestalled by their arrival at the Council tower. Anakin's hands dropped to his sides as the door opened and he had no sooner stepped from the lift than he was tackled.

"You idiot," Tizar Nan snapped. "You promised me you wouldn't get yourself killed doing anything stupid."

He could hear a rare laugh coming from Obi-Wan as he pushed them both gently forward. "You see, Anakin? Even your biggest fan agrees with me."

The reproach didn't take away his delight at encountering her here. Prying her gently away, he grinned.

"I didn't do anything stupid, beyond surviving to be browbeaten by every Knight in the Temple," he teased.

"Master Kenobi?"

They turned to find a Council aide lurking in the doorway.

"They're ready for you," she informed him. "Padawans Nan and Skywalker will wait here."

"Somehow, I've got a bad feeling about this," Anakin groaned.

Without hesitation, Ti pulled him towards the repulsorchairs in the waiting area, sense all business and frantic preoccupation--the same things as Obi-Wan.

Great. My best friend of nine years is turning into my Master. There is no hope for the Republic.

"All right," she said once they were settled into seats, "explain."

"Explain what?"

Her green eyes narrowed impatiently. "Master Schilian told me that you'd been assigned on a mission. The next thing I knew was when we reached our checkpoint and Obi-Wan made contact saying there'd been a massacre and you weren't expected to live. There are a few missing details in there that I'd like to know about."

His mouth curved downward. "Yes," he agreed, "there are a few missing details. One is that nine Jedi were sent to Kitoth. Obi-Wan and myself were the only ones who survived."

Her face went ashen quickly. "Was it the same thing that killed the civilians?" she asked quietly.

I don't think so. Nobody can kill a Jedi.

I wish that were true.

"In a manner of speaking," he conceded, "and it was the same thing, or rather, person that nearly killed me before I killed him."

She sucked in a breath, then released it with a

2. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    New story, a round robin. The AU will be revealed shortly. The ideas for this came before Ep. 2, but since it's AU, most of it will be not based on that.

Please read and give a warm welcome to our writers--Zara Valinor, DarthIshtar, and Krystal Blaze!

::Applause from audience.::

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  4. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    This story actually belongs in The Saga Forum because it is taking place in the time of one of the Star Wars movies. This board is for stories that take palce before TPM. :)

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, I thought it fit in before the first trilogy, but thanks for the advert.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Will be reposting in the saga.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's reposted, will someone reply?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.