Tucson A Sincere Apology

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by thatsMISTERwookiee, Oct 7, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Mike, I have received messages suggesting that I was being rude to you on a different thread where you said you didn't care for my signature. I may not have expressed myself well in my response.

Mike, my point was meant to be, as long as anyone's signature doesn't have something to the effect that "...So and So is a poo-poo head...", it really is nobody else's business what any individual's signature says(following all the legal guidelines of the FanForce, etc...). A lot of people have opinions expressed or comments made in their signatures that I don't feel are appropriate, but I will not play "thought police" and tell others what they can or cannot have as a signature. Apparently I would be a lousy choice to undertake that role. There are a lot of people in the world that I do not agree with, and I have never met anyone whose views are one hundred percent compatible with mine.

I did not receive a PM from you, Mike, about this. I hope that is because you understood what I meant at the time. However, enough others were confused by my response that I will now state the following.

"Mike, if you were in any way offended by my answer to you, then I do sincerely extend my apologies. I did not intend for it to be a "I am right, you are wrong" debate, nor did I intend for my response to come across as flippant, arrogant, or demeaning. You didn't like my signature, that is your right. You expressed yourself, I expressed myself, and I thought it was over and done with at that point, and everyone could move on. The problem with typing messages on the threads is that you can't see my body language, you can't hear the inflections of my words to tell whether I am serious, meanspirited, annoyed, silly, or just shooting the breeze. If you in any way thought that I was saying or insinuating anything more than you have a right to your opinions and what you post as your signature is your business(per FanForce guidelines), then once again I do willingly apologise to you. I hope you will accept this apology."

Jack Edward Smith
  2. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Thank you, and in return I apologize back for unintentional flaming of your signature. The only reason I hadn't responded to your PM is that I haven't gotten on the computer since my posts 22 hours ago. Sorry for stirring things up again people!
  3. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Mike, you did nothing that you need apologize for.

For those of you who haven't been online for a couple days, here's what happened. I was in a particularly dark mood, having failed my test in the cave on Dagobah, and in my foolishness had changed my signature to some particularly nasty stuff. No vulgarity, it was not aimed at any one individual, but it was nasty, nonetheless. That is what Mike was commenting on in several different threads. Chris got in touch with me, informed me that it needed to be changed, so I changed my signature to something more the norm.

It was after all of this that someone from out-of-state decided to get involved and make a mountain out of a molehill.

So, to recap: I did something stupid, and I apologized for it. In my opinion, Mike did nothing wrong. Mike and I were friends. Mike and I are still friends. Hopefully, what was and should have remained an incident of no consequence will be allowed to fade away as the insignificance it always was.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby