main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Sith's Leave / A Palpatine/Vader/Young Mara Jade Adventure.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Digital, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Star Wars

A Sith's Leave.

Fatigue! It is a period of Imperial frustration. Despite a decade of established Imperial tranquility, the DARK LORD of the SITH, EMPEROR PALPATINE has found himself wanting.

Although construction of the DEATH STAR is on schedule, the Regional Governors have faced constant resistance within the IMPERIAL SENATE under the subtle leadership of VICEROY ORGANA of ALDERRAN.

Irritated by constant deadlocks from the Viceroy's mercy missions, the Emperor himself, accompanied by LORD DARTH VADER and his ten year old protoge MARA JADE, has elected to take a sabatical on his home planet of Naboo in an attempt to find diversion during this political crisis...

2. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    ONE.

Knifing through the vast ebony blanket of space, the Imperial shuttle Circulon neared the peaceful world of Naboo.

Of course it was peaceful, as any Naboo local would tell you, -albeit with mixed emotions- that their colony was the apparent birthplace of Emperor Palpatine, saviour of the galaxy, supreme magistrate of the Galactic Empire, and the one person that would take great pains to ensure the 'protection' of this little garden spot of the galaxy.

Within the cockpit of the shuttle, the bridge crew relayed their approach vector to Naboo space central-

And to their surprise received a reply on standard Imperial frequency!

"We have you on our screens now. Please identify."

Exchanging puzzled looks with the co-pilot, the shuttle Commander keyed for communications with the all-too-obvious Imperial StarDestoyer that loomed ahead. "Shuttle Circulon on approach to Naboo's Theed Space Port."

Moments that seemed like an eternity passed until the bridge doors snapped open to admit an elderly black cloaked figure. "What is it?" He demanded.

"My Lord," The Commander managed, "It appears our passage to Naboo has been delayed by a Sector patrol."

"I told them to remain beyond the system!" The old man hissed. "Tell them we wish to land immediately."

"Yes my lord." The pilot nodded and swiftly got busy with a second hail to the Destroyer ahead. "StarDestroyer Menasor..."

Tuning out the pilot, the hooded figure limped via his trusty cane back into the modifed troop deck and addressed his travelling companions. "Lord Vader," The old man said with just a hint of sarcasm. "I thought I told you to deploy Imperial traffic away from the Naboo system. Perhaps my orders were not clear?"

Across the deck, the intended recipient Darth Vader, turned to regard his master. "They were clear my Master."

The old man considered that. "Then you must address the Captain of that vessel and correct this oversight. I do not care for some overzealous officer or planetary governor disrupting my retreat."

Lord Vader bowed low. "Yes my master."

And with the disturbing equivilant of a fatherly like smile, the old man turned to regard the third passenger on this little trip; A young girl with Red-gold hair in her 10th year. "Another lesson for you to consider my young hand." He said. "Enter the buericrat, the real threat to the Empire. And most likely on the payroll of a corrupt regional governor."

The young girl who called herself Mara Jade nodded. "Yes Master," She said. "Perhaps with merely your presence we can resolve this matter."

The old man chuckled. "Well said my young hand."

A chime echoed through the compartment. "We're starting our approach."

3. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    TWO.

Amid the blaring of Navy klaxons, the shuttle Circulon settled with a metalic clank within the hanger bay.

And it didn't take long for an honor guard of Stormtroopers and a deck officer to greet the departing passengers.

With Vader and Jade exiting first, the officer of the deck was swift to acknowledge the final figure; "Your Highness," He said to the obvious arrival of Emperor Palpatine, "This is an unexpected pleasure, we're honored by your presence-"

"Oh shut up." Palpatine snapped. "See to it that my usual accomodations are ready."

The officer snapped his heels together smartly. "At once my Lord."

As the officer departed to carry out his orders, Palpatine turned to regard young Mara, "As for you my young hand," He said. "I have special instructions for you..."

4. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    THREE.

Home sweet home.

Well, a fair aproximation of one anyways. Palpatine had to hand it to Imperial design, they certainly set up a Throne room worthy of his seat of power on Coruscant.

And the Throne had a panaramic view of space too. Beyond the web-like viewport, the lush, ever green, ever blue world of Naboo laid in wait.

And waiting was at the heart of the matter. This delay was intolerable, but it was better not to leave this stone left unturned. His orders were specific, they were not carried out;

And Palpatine would have his answers before he would permit himself to relax. Turning off to the the left, the Emperor regarded his companion and fellow Sith. "Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?"

Vader reminaed rigidly still, motionless, as if hypnotized by the presence of Naboo beyond-

"Lord Vader?"

And in the next instant Vader snapped out of it. "No," He said at last. "I sense an unusual anmout of fear for this border violation."

Palpatine cracked a lop-sided grin. "Fear?" He echoed with just a touch of sarcasm. "I can't imagine why."

The Emperor swiveled his throne back to the looming web-port and regarded his home world...

5. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    FOUR.

On the bridge of the Imperial StarDestroyer Menasor, Captain Tiberius and his Exec were in total shock.

"What!?" Exclaimed Captain Tiberius. "What did you say!?"

Across the command plank. the hanger bay deck officer held back the urge to remind his Captain to pay better attention. "The dignitaries are Sith Lords." He repeated. "Your familiar with them I take it?"

The Deck officer considered warning them about the obviousily harmless ten year old girl wanderihg about the hanger deck too, as the Exec, one Commander Quatro swallowed visibly. "I knew it!" He said. "They've come to force our resettlement!"

Tiberius took a deep breath and turned to face the officer of the deck. "Distract them!" He ordered. "I'll contact the Grand Moff."

The deck officer snorted. "Are you brain dead?" He growled, throwing Navy protocol out the window. "I'm not going in there with two Sith Lords-"

The deck officer turned to face the Communications officer. "Send the Twi'leks!"

Tiberius and Quatro exchanged puzzled looks at their deck officers suggestion when suddenly it clicked; Just two days ago the Menasor had detained a freighter full of exotic Twi'lek dancers trying to run the customs blockade for some 'gathering' in the City of Theed.

A moment later the Captain and Exec nodded in a agreement.

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    FIVE.

Oblivious to the quartet of scantially clad Twi'leks fondling each other while swaying their headtails, Emperor Palpatine continued to study the blue/green jem of Naboo. "I used to go to that island there during school retreat." Palpatine said to Lord Vader, his tone going nostalgic. "We used to swim to that point and lay on the beach-"

The Emperor stopped in mid-sentence as Vader's respirator unit picked up in speed, it was like the Dark Lord was beginning to hyper-ventilate.

The Twi'leks?

"Something wrong Lord Vader?"

Crossing his leathered black arms, Vader shook his head slowly, his breathing beginning to calm. "No my Master."

Palpatine smiled. "Good. If I may say so Lord Vader I think you'll enjoy our visit to Naboo. Its been quite some time since you were here last."

Staring out towards the planet, Vader remained still, silent, save for his breathing.

"Perhaps you'll attend the outskirts of the city, pay your respects?"

Vader forced a calm as Palpatine continued with his sick little game.

"You know, I bet the Naberie family would be absolutley delighted if we were to pay a visit no?"

Vader suddenly turned, his arms dropping like anvils of Carbonite. "That family no longer has any meaning for me."

Palpatine smiled warmly. "Quite so."

Vader turned back to the web-portal and used the planet as his focus point.

"You know," Palpatine continued mock conversationally. "I think a nice swim would be in order by this evening. Nothing like the feel of hot sand drying on ones flesh while laying on a beach..."

Vader held back a growl. Don't make me destroy you...

7. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    SIX.

With a blue/white shimmer and flickering roll-bar, the holo-graphic representation of Grand Moff Tarkin, Regional Governor of the Outer Rim terriroties appeared via the Menasor's bridge projector. "What is it Captain?" Tarkin asked, his clipped Coruscanti accent not hiding his irriation at this intrusion in the least.

"This game of yours has failed Governor!" Spat Commander Quatro. "We dare not move against the Sith Lords!"

The projection of Tarkin narrowed his eyes and turned towards the Captain. "Enough of this!" He snapped. "Captain, remove him!"

With a hasty wave of dismissal from the Captain, the Exec daperted from Tarkin's sight. With a hard stare of his own the Captain jabbed a finger of accusation towards the hologram. "We trusted you!-"

"Your far too trusting." Said the Governor smuggly. "Naboo is so remote that this 'effective demonstration' of the Sith Lord's incompetance will more then guarantee the transition of power and my rightful place as the Empire's new ruler. Your only concern should be of your failure to me."

Tiberius swallowed. This deal was getting worse all the time. "Assassinating the Emperor was not part of our bargin, nor was laying hands on the Jedi hunter!"

Tarkin smirked, dismissing the Captain's anger at his reluctance to fully inform the Captain of the target. "Perhaps you think your being treated unfairly?"

Tiberius considered that. Tarkin had the goods on him already, ergo his willingness to participate, albeit under duress.

He had no choice...

"No," He said at last, his shoulders collapsing in defeat.

Tarkin smiled. "Good, it would be unfortunate if I had to turn your garrison against you as well."

Tiberius closed his eyes. In for a credit, in for a metric ton.

"And the Sith Lords?" Tiberius asked at last.

"The Emperor shouldn't have come back." Tarkin replied matter of factly. "Kill them immediately!"

The Captain nodded, and followed through with a respectful bow. "Yes Governor. As you wish..."

8. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    SEVEN.

Young Mara creased her brow in concentration as she keyed throogh the computer logs of the hangerbay. A 'little trick' that Palpatine had taught her a few years back of how all of the Emperors ships had a 'backdoor' access known only to his highness and a few of his select agents.

Sadly, everything seemed in order, no hidden entries, no last minute edits or alterantions to hide the truth.

Nothing!

A dead end.

An irony in itself, as no sooner did Mara clear the display when directly above her a trio of ceiling mounted blaster cannons appeared and tracked towards the Imperial shuttle Circulon.

And blasted same into expensive scrap!

Dead end indeed.

9. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    EIGHT.

With a startled yelp, -in unison- the quartet of Twi'leks leapt clear of Palpatine and Vader as the Sith duo swiftly ignited their crimson lightsaber blades and took a defensive stance near the throne.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Muttered Lord Vader.

Overhead, the ventilation ducts snapped shut with a metalic snap and a billowing cloud of off grey smoke filtered into the lower chamber of the room.

The Emperor narrowed his eyes. "Gas, Lord Vader."

Vader regarded his master. "What an incredible smell you've discovered."

Palpatine chuckled darkly. "How long can you hold your breath Lord Vader?"

Vader's head spun to glare at the Emperor;

And across the room, the double blast doors began its lock down cycle...

10. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    NINE.

Twenty minutes into the Throne room gasing, a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers gathered near the entry arc of the royal chamber;

And waited.

A hologram of Captain Tiberius appeared a moment later and gestured towards the entrance. "They must be dead by now. Destory what's left of them."

With a crisp salute, the Squad commander cocked his rifle to ready and gestured to his Corporal to unlock the doors.

The doors opened, and a mistly layer cascaded clear of the port-

No movement inside. Looked clear.

"Check it out Corporal." Snapped the Commander. "We'll cover you."

The Corporal nodded, "Right," And moved into the chamber-

Only to freeze in his tracks as a pair of crimson blades illuminated the cloud cover and revealed the shadowed presence of Lord Vader and his Emperor.

"Its them!" Barked the Commander. "Blast them!"

And that was his final order, as no sooner did his troops open up with their blaster rifles, had Palpatine and Vader force leapt clear of the archway and came down hard, sabers flashing to the four winds.

The troopers didn't know what hit them!

As the final trooper hit the deck with a hard thud, Vader turned to the Emperor. "This is impossible." He grated. "The clones would never attack-"

Palpatine shook his head. "Search your feelings Lord Vader," He said thoughtfully. "These are not clones."

Vader's heavy breathing echoed through the corridor. "So, its treason then."

Palpatine nodded. "Quite so."

11. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Interesting posts so far. Just alike the beginning of "Phanton Menace". However, one thing that doesn't make senses: I thought Tarkin was too loyal to the Emperor.

12. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Well, that was the whole 'springboard' behind this wacky fic. Its been debatable since '77 wether or not Tarkin was really loyal to the Emperor, ergo why Lord Vader was assigned to the Death Star in the first place.

A quiet watch dog for Tarkin and his officers, least they try to turn the DSI against Coruscant.

13. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    TEN.

Moving swiftly, -no mean trick considering Palpatine's usual limp- the Sith Lords bolted across the destoryer's central corridor, heading for the branch nexus that would take them to the bridge.

That was until they crossed nexus 23-Alpha.

It was a criss-cross of blaster fire from both sides as varied Stormtrooper squads opened up on the dark lords.

Naturally Vader and the Emperor dispatched them with ease-

Until the turbolifts directly ahead parted and a pair of black clad fleet troopers barreled out and opened fire.

No problem, considereding Vader's force stirke that sent them flying across the corridor.

They'd have made their way for the turbo-lift right there and then;
    If the security lock down hadn't switched on.

Naturally, Palpatine charged into the blastdoor with his saber, intent on slicing open the shaft.

And then there was the four additional troops taking up the rear that were setting up a pair of wicked looked E-Web repeating blasters.

"Master!" Barked Lord Vader. "Repeaters!"

Palpatine made a face and pulled out, bringing his saber back into a defenseive arc.

Just one of those days.

The repeaters opened fire, lancing multiple bursts of energy towards its former masters-

And again, no contest. Effortlessly deflected away by the dark duo.

Pity the surges couldn't be deflected back towards the guns themselves.

Palpatine gestured towards the port nexus corridor. "Its a stand off!" Hissed the Emperor. "Let's go!"

Calling upon their rage, the Sith Lords Force burst down the corridor.

14. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    ELEVEN.

Racing through yet another series of ajoining corridors's, Palpatine pulled out his com-link. "Mara Jade, do you copy?"

"Yes master?" Replied a filtered voice through the com.

"Tap into the central computer my young hand, secure us safe passage to the bridge."

A moment passed and an echo of laser fire passed throught the communicator.

"Mara Jade!" Hissed the Emperor. "What's going on down there?"

No reply.

And Palpatine swiftly charged for the next nexus point. "Come Lord Vader!"

Behind him, the slightly wheezing dark Lord paused. "We should get to the escape pods Master." He huffed.

Looking back, Palpatine made a hurtful face. "Not without my young hand Lord Vader."

"Leave her." Urged Vader. "Or we'll never make it!"

Palpatine chuckled darkly and winked. "Her fate will be the same as ours."

15. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    TWELVE.

There were advantages of being a ten year old girl with a blaster, Mara realized as she effortlessly dodged the combined fired lobbed by the deck officers and troops.

Unfortunately the nearby computer she'd tapped was shot to expensive scrap.

So much for tapping the systems.

The troops closed in for the kill-

And calling upon her training, the young hand Force leapt into the air and landed well beyond the tratorious troops and dashed for the nearby blastdoors.

Hopefully her Master was well.

16. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    THIRTEEN.

Ray shields! A concentrated wall of energy.

It appeared suddenly, blocking the Emperors path within the corridor.
    Poor Vader took the brunt of it and growled.

"Did you approve this installation Lord Vader?" Palpatine murmured.

And Vader looked down on his master. "Perhaps we're on a need to know basis."

The hooded one crossed his arms. "Very well, our young hand will be along shortly, and she'll release the ray shields."

Vader growled again.

"Oh please, Lord Vader." Palpatine scoffed while turning to face the towering Sith. "No more 'jokes' about my replacing you with her."

Vader choked in mid-breath. "I didn't say anything-"

And directly ahead, an ajoining blast door opened.

Revealing a somewhat panting young hand.

"See?" Crowed the Emperor. "No problem."

Too bad a hail of laser fire followed her out of the corridor, urging the tiny lass into a tuck and roll for her life.

So much for that.

Did Vader laugh?

"Mara Jade!" Palpatine called out. "Make your way to the escape pods, we'll rendevous there!"

Already well into the nexus, Mara yelled back. "Yes Master!"

Vader and Palpatine doubled back.

Was that wheezing, or was Lord Vader really laughing?

17. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    FOURTEEN.

Getting to the lower decks wasn't too difficult for the Sith Lords or hand. For starters the trators were obviousily expecting a hit on the bridge, so troop placements was scarce at best.

Well there was this group of officers leaving a turbolift-

They were probably guilty. Best to kill them too.

"Guilty by associaton my young hand." Palpatine explained as Vader finished his mighty cleave to the straggling survivor.

The girl nodded in total understanding. "If they're not with us, they're our enemy."

And Palpatine patted her on the shoulder. "Well said my young hand." The Emperor searched the corridor. "And now we must escape before more Stormtroopers show up."

Vader moved to re-join the group. "Master this is madness."

Keying for a nearby pod to open its hatch, Palpatine looked back. "Come now Lord Vader, surely the best starfighter pilot in the glaaxy can get us down safely."

Vader was taken aback as Mara rushed by him to join her Master.

The Sith Lord weighed his options. If they wanted to they could take the ship, sure the girl would be toast, but such is the ways of the Force. Why Palpatine was insisting on this course of action-

A stray blaster bolt whizzed by, sparks followed.

"I'm going to regret this." The Sith Lord grumbled, and entered the pod.

Outside, the Imperial escape Pod burst free of the StarDestroyer and fell towards Naboo...

18. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    FIFTEEN

"There's goes one!" Snapped the artillery officer.

Beyond the conning tower, a single escape pod appeared in the distance, tumbling towards the surface of Naboo.

The Capatin and Exec checked for lifeforms-

And snapped their heads up in unison!

"All weapons fire-" Begun the Captain.

"-Fire! Fire!" Seconded his exec.

They had them now!

19. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    SIXTEEN.

"That's funny." Palpatine commented more to himself. "The damage to the Northern islands dosen't look so bad from up here."

Mara followed his gaze to the spinning planetoid beyond. "Are you sure this thing is safe?"

Palpatine nodded.

And Mara mirrored the gesture. "Oh."

Too bad in the next instant the ebony heavens were lit up with multi-green flashed turbo laser fire!

"Lord Vader!" Snapped the Sith Master. "Fire the emergency boosters!"

Vader growled. I was just about to say that.

And the pod speed away from the deadly laser-hail and entered the atmosphere.

Like trying to hit a stingfly with a Quad-Laser...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.