main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A slight problem with TFN news

Discussion in 'Communications' started by beezel26, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    ok, I might be the only one who reads the TFN news at the bottom of the page. But this Roberts for president thing is a bit annoying. All the news he posts is mostly about blurbs for the ones who support his presidency. Now normally if this for something else but I might ask to take it down. But since the presidency of the SW Fan Club might come in handy for the JC I will ask to tone it down a bit if possible.

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    While I do read the news on that little updater-thingie, we can't change any of that from here so your best bet would be to contact the News staff over at TFN main. :) Unless you're just asking if others feel the same way of course. :p

Hope that helps!

3. Boba_Fett_721

Boba_Fett_721 Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    Oh I'm sure you aren't the only one annoyed by this.

This is part of the marriage between rebelscum.com and TFN, both owned by Philip Wise. Philip has seen fit to post all of his "news items" on both of his websites, for reasons known only to him and his Death Star room at his home in Texas. The front page of rebelscum.com is also littered with this stuff. So get used to this Dustin for President nonsense. It will continue, and there's not a thing any one of the administrators here can or will do about it. Then again, TFN News has been packed with crap for well over 3 years now.

Part of me was hoping this "Choose the new Fan Club President" was all an elaborate April Fool's joke.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm right with you on this, but as DV said we personally can't do much besides email Philip and the staff. That's is what I'd recommend for people to do if they a valid reason against any particular news article posted on the main page, email the person who wrote it and/or Philip. (Please note that I'm not saying to flood their in boxes over every little thing, just if there is a serious problem).

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I haven't been all that annoyed by it, as you can always scroll down, or whatever. It might be neat if Dustin wins as Fan Club president. All that said, Rebel Scum is a legitimate business owned by Philip and TFN is an offshoot designed for fans to have some place to go that isn't the Official site. If you think TFN is bad, you obviously haven't been there in a while. The nature of web based businesses is to attract traffic. I don't really see anything wrong with using one website that you own to help advertise for the other. We always have the option of not buying anything from either RS or the Official site. It's nice to have a place to chat, though, so I don't complain too much. :)

6. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    And I thought I was the only one who found it annoying.

A few mentions is great but it seems there is a new blurb almost everyday.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I kind of find it annoying myself. In a way it is a knock on FanForce in my opinion. I know it was well intended but I think it was a bad move Mr Wise.

Thank god I'm not a member of the newsletter, they must be pimping those things out on a every other day basis.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    As others have said, unless a mod also happens to be a staff member, we don't have access or say as to its contents. The best way to share an opinion is to e-mail the person(s) who wrote the article.

9. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    A "knock"? It's a flat-out insult.

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Nope, the newsletters haven't been coming out in months.

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    That election stuff is getting out of hand on Rebelscum. I wonder just how many people they've signed up for renewals, etc?

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Joining the "Roberts for President" campaign seems like a great way to get your website linked to by Rebelscum and TFN. It seems like every site that joins gets a free link out of it.

13. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    No kidding.

14. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Bob Skywalker. That's all that needs be said. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.