main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Small Question

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Hello Havelock,

I know that I live over in small Carteret County and I've tried to get a Fan Force started but apparently there aren't enough people interested in forming one in Morehead City :(.

I know that on Apr 23rd, I am planning to and get the Episode II Soundtrack and the Collectibles that will be released on that date.

I have a few friends that are interested in going to see Episode II with me the day that it comes out or the 17th ethier at the Havelock Cinemas, Morehead Triple 3, Atlantic Station or Emerald Plantation.

But I was wondering if it's possible for people from neighboring Carteret County to join your fan force or if you can offer tips for me to possibly get one going for Morehead City or Carteret County.

Please I really want to share my Star Wars fandom with others! I did have a website going for a possible group at http://www.universaldestiny.freeservers.com but it never fell through.

:(

Please if you could help me?

Your Friend and Fellow Star Wars Fan,

UniversalDestiny

My e-mail is at LADW_Master@hotmail.com if you'd like to reach me.

2. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    Cool! We are also a very small FF here in Havelock. We are planning a line-up for opening day too. Not sure on the details yet. Gotta find out some stuff first like which theatre to agree on, what time, etc., etc.

Have you gone to fanforce.net to check out the FAQ there? It has a lot of info on how to start a FanForce. Basically, you need 3 people to express interest in starting a Forum and then you get your own Forum put into TFN's Southern Region page!

I am also going to be collecting a lot of stuff on 23 April! I didn't buy too much TPM stuff, but I am really excited about AOTC and I have a feeling I will be spending some serious cash! :)

Are you going to read the novel on 23 Apr or wait to see the movie? One book I can't wait to buy is the Art of Episode II book. I can't even imgaine the cool concept art in that book - and even the stuff that was not put into the film!

Give me a holler at SgtFretSurfer@aol.com sometime.

:)

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, UniversalDestiny! I am going to contact you via email here shortly. I bet you are the man to talk to about things to do in Morehead City! We are looking for new FF events!! :)

Sure you can join our FF when we line up. I know some groups are going to be lined up for 2 weeks. To me that is still too long. We are thinking more along the lines of...72-48 hours. What do you think? This is partly due to the fact that our cities are relatively small.

I will contact you soon! :)

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Thank You! Thank You Thank You Thank You!

This is great. I know Morehead isn't that big but there's stuff to do and the beach is only 5 minutes away.

There's stuff that the fan force could do like golf, line up at Wal-Mart and K-Mart for the releasal of the toys. (Hehe I'm planning on working that night for that occasion).

I have some ideas and I know that with Universal Destiny I had too broad of a base maybe I could start Universal Destiny as a local thing then expand out.

Thank You So Much Guys!

Your Friend and Fellow Jedi

UniversalDestiny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.