main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN A small request

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    If you guys have time, I would really appreciate it if you could take about 5 minutes and read my first ever FanFic. It's called "A Jedi's Weapon" and it's set during the Clone Wars.

When I first starting thinking of story ideas, I was pretty set against ever touching any main characters. I think that's pretty much covered without me trying to add to it. I also didn't want to start out using a Jedi, but of the two ideas I had, "A Jedi's Weapon" was going to be shorter and less time consuming to write. Anyway, since I posted it and nobidy there knows who I am, it's already got buried behind a bunch of other threads and has already fell to page 2 (probably 3 or 4 before the day is out). I'd really appreciate some kind of comment (good, bad, whatever you see fit) to try and move it back to the front page so I can have a chance of others reading it. I need to know if I should try again or just stick to reading... Thanks!

Summary: A Jedi tries to explain why they use a lightsaber, and is dared to do otherwise.

Author Notes: This story stems from a dream I have of beating the crap out of a bad guy with a plastic lightsaber. Someday?

A Jedi's Weapon

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    read & posted! ;)

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Ack! I was reading another one when I saw the e-mail come through that said it was updated! Thank you so much! PLUS, I had someone else comment on it as well. Wow... I had no idea how much it means to have someone else read something you've done, but man... you get so attached to the story, it's hard not to feel a little pride, even if it's a first attempt. I did try and write it to where there's a few story arcs there in case I want to continue the story. This has nothing to do with the other one I'm thinking of (more of a rescue mission story), but I really did enjoy the whole process of putting it together.

Thanks again for the words of encouragment and support. And from an award winning author, too!

4. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I'll check it out tonight dude.

I know what you mean about your story. My first (and only) Fan fiction took me six months to write!
    But for me it was well worth it. It is set in the Clone Wars as well. But it was written with the cartton network series in mind.

To have someone else read your work is the coolest.

I'm also going to check out your story too Milady real soon. There is just not enough time in the day for all this coolness!!

5. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    just so you know, mine is A LOT shorter than Vesper's! [face_laugh] ;)

it's weird--I won Best New Author, but not Best Vignette, but that's all I had written when I was nominated, lol *shrugs* oh well, it was fun to be nominated at all. :)

when are we going to get to read your stuff, Brent?

6. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Brent has a extremely good Clone Wars story.

7. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    so he's told me....

...but it's not award winning like mine, is it? ;) :p

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I don't think I've read yours yet.

9. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    that doesn't score you any points, now does it? [face_thinking]

there's a link in my profile--it's the Force Rave one--you'll like it ;)

*slaps OPPM*

10. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    ...and gaining these points would be a good thing ?

[face_thinking]

11. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    don't you know it! ;)

12. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    well it can't hurt then I guess. ;)

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Hey now... mine's current, so make sure you read mine as well. I can't get nominated for best new author unless I get some more reads! LOL I suppose I should write more as well, but first things first, eh?

Oh, and I'll be sure to read your stuff as well! And yes... Force Rave is very good. You WILL like it.

14. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I read it dude, check your threads history.

15. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I just left some comments on your story dude and on yours as well Milady.

Milady you can read my story any time. There is a link in my profile.

Anybody know a good beta reader??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.