main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Smudged Spoon (Speedwriters' Association Challenge Response/Humor/Obi-Wan, Anakin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CherryLightsaber, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    A Smudged Spoon

Title: A Smudged Spoon
    Author: CherryLightsaber
    Timeframe: Pre-AOTC
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc.
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: spoon, smudge
    Summary: Anakin thought he knew everything about his master... until one night, during dinner.
    Notes: This is my response to the sixth Speedwriters' Association challenge. The challenge was to write a short story about Anakin and Obi-Wan having a huge argument about something completely trivial and petty.

One more thing: I do not own SW. I am merely borrowing the characters from George Lucas.

Obi-Wan's jaw dropped.

Hundreds of Jedi were lined up at the Temple Cafeteria for dinner. Younglings, Padawans, Knights, those meddling kids and their dumb dog, and Masters. The insanely loud chattering and babbling filled the entire place.

Master Yoda inched his way toward him. "So, Obi-Wan, like the new synchronized eating schedule, do you? The unity of the Jedi Order, it represents."

His stomach rumbled. He desperately wanted to pick that green toad off the floor and say, [i]"Do you have to be so[/i] literal [i]with the Order's unity?"[/i]

"It's quite a sight, Master Yoda," his apprentice, the 17 year-old Anakin Skywalker said.

Obi-Wan took in a deep breath, ignoring the fact that his stomach was beginning to digest itself. "I've never seen so many Jedi in one place."

"Ah, expected that, I did." Yoda turned around and walked away to his table. "Where's my root-leaf?" He saw Kit Fisto with his plate in front of him. "Give back my root-leaf, you must!" He dropped his gimer stick and pounced on the Nautolan.

Obi-Wan and Anakin's eyes flicked back and forth between Yoda and Kit.

"Mine, it is!"

"Mine!"

"Mine!"

"Shall we fall in line?" Anakin asked. "There's no use in waiting."

"Indeed," Obi-Wan replied.

---

An hour later, the two sat down at the last empty table, much to the frustration of Jocasta Nu.

Obi-Wan picked up his spoon.... and noticed a smudge. A smudge. A taint on an otherwise sacred eating utensil. He whistled innocently as he swapped spoons with Anakin, who seemed to be distracted by Anno'dam, a female human with long blonde hair. However, Anakin was actually preoccupied by the way the ceiling fan's hypnotic rotations. The sight of his master's hand on his spoon shook him out of his trance.

"Excuse me," Anakin said, snatching his spoon from Obi-Wan's hand. "Don't you have your own spoon?"

"Ummm... I..."

"Don't tell me you lost it, I can see it right there."

"My spoon has a smudge on it."

Anakin gave Obi-Wan the 'man, you are so stupid right now' stare. "With all due respect, master, it's just a spoon. It won't kill you."

Obi-Wan grabbed the spoon. "I beg to differ. The last time I ate with a smudged spoon, thirty mind healers had to treat me for a month! And you know I [i]hate[/i] mind healers."

"Hey, I heard that!" a mind healer cried indignantly.

"Give it back!" Anakin reached for the spoon, but Obi-Wan held it out of his reach. The apprentice stood up on his chair. "I can't eat my soup with a fork!"

"You'll just have to learn how to," Obi-Wan said.

Mace Windu walked over. "There are plenty of spoons in the kitchen."

Anakin and Obi-Wan glared a million daggers at the Jedi Master, causing him to whimper and run away.

"You won't take it away from me!" Anakin roared, although no Jedi in the cafeteria seemed to notice.

"Your irresponsibility and stupidity have already done that. You've allowed your obsession with your spoon to twist your mind..."

Anakin summoned his lightsaber. "Oh, look who's talking, Mr. Monk."

"Don't you dare compare me to that obsessive-compulsive detective! I am not a neatfreak."

Anakin coughed at that.

"That's it. I will do what I must." Obi-Wan called his lightsaber to his hand and ignited it, snap-hiss scaring all the other Jedi away.

"Jinkies!" a nerdy-looking meddling kid yelped.

"Jeepers!" a fashion-obsessed meddling kid screamed.

"Zoinks!" a stup

2. UnderCoverJedi

UnderCoverJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    That was very funny! [face_laugh]

3. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] Very funny.
    "Your irresponsibility and stupidity have already done that. You've allowed your obsession with your spoon to twist your mind..."

[face_laugh] I love it.

Great response to the challenge!!

4. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    UnderCoverJedi: Aww, thanks! Anakin vs. Obi-Wan humor fights are very fun.

Meredith_Kenobi: I wanted some allusion to ROTS, so parodying the lines before the those lines were ever said was a great way to do it.

Fun Fact: Anno'dam is "Madonna" spelled backwards.

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! [face_laugh] How much did I love the appearance of quotes from the movie?? Well, I'll just have to tell you: a whole heckuva lot!

Great challenge response! And I love your username!

=D= =D= =D=

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

pie is a great way to finish a food fight."

Splat!

Hilarious!

Great response to the Challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    VA_Parky: Thanks! Also, I don't think anyone's commented me on my choice of username before.

KELIA: I should write a pie fight later, then. Thanks.

Hmmm.. every reader reply so far has the [face_laugh] emoticon. Quite a coincidence.

8. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005

[face_laugh] that was hilarious! great touch!

loved it, well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.