main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Son and Padawan (AU - lightside Ani & Luke) Updated 6/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pallas-Athena, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Greetings, friends!

Here's yet another fan fic! This is the Destiny's Choice prequel *hears shouts "Don't you mean SEQUEL?"* Um, no. This is a fun little snapshot story about the years in between the flashback and the actual story of DC; it'll help me get back into the DC universe.

Timeline: Inter-trilogy AU
    Focus: Anakin and Luke Skywalker (with Obi-Wan and Mara)
    Summary: Destiny's Choice prequel. What if Anakin never married Padme and stayed with the Jedi? What if Luke was still born, and Anakin trained him as a Jedi?

You don't really need to read DC to enjoy this; everything will be explained along the way.

~~This is a Tagged story.~~

Silence ? Thank the Force. Silence. Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker slowly allowed his head to touch the back of the armchair he was currently sitting on. His heavy eyelids began to close, tired from baring the weight of his eyelashes for the entirety of last night. As his body completely relaxed and slumped neatly into the chair, he mused only momentarily about how nice a bed would be right now.

His breathing became shallow, causing the room to become quieter still. The sweet bliss of unconscious greeted him, and he was about to fall into a mindless, dreamless sleep.

That was until the baby started crying.

Anakin?s eyes jerked open, nearly causing the young man to groan in frustration. The waling infant continued as Anakin rose from his chosen resting place. He rubbed his sleep-deprived eyes once more, wondering just how red they had become.

?Luke,? he half-mumbled, picking the baby up out of a small crib in the corner, ?what?s wrong? I?ve fed you; I?ve changed you. What could you possibly need now?? Despite the directness of these words, Anakin?s voice was neither sarcastic nor angry, just tired.

He rocked Luke gently enough, causing his young son to stop crying and to coo peacefully. Anakin sighed contently, glad Luke was finally calm again. He touched his son?s mind softly with the Force, trying to find a motive behind the infant?s outburst.

?Ahh,? Anakin whispered. ?That makes sense, then.? Luke was just lonely and wanted to be held and rocked. The knight returned to his earlier chair, baby now in hand.

He gently bounced Luke on his chest and allowed himself to resume his former sleeping position. He could only imagine how difficult it must be raising a child without the keen insight the Force provided.

This quick thought instantly provoked a string of mental ramblings, which took him down a road he wasn?t sure he wanted to go.

Padmé raising Leia alone. No, not alone. With him. Anakin tried, ever so slowly, to protect himself, and Luke in process, from these formed anxieties, fears, and worries.

The recent Clone Wars had taken a toll on them all. Padmé, acting in the service of her people, had agreed to marry the monarch Bail Organa of Alderaan. But not before Padmé and Anakin had allowed themselves to share their mutual affection for one another - a night which resulted in the existence of the twins, Luke and Leia.

Anakin hugged his son closer to him, rocking the now sleeping Luke gently.

The day the twins where born, Anakin had accidentally bonded with Luke, forming the first signs of a Master/Padawan bond. It had been under the advice of both Bail and the Jedi Council that he and Padmé had decided to split the twins up. Bail needed an heir to appease the politicos and the press, while Luke would not live a normal life without Jedi training. It was the only way.

Anakin still felt guilty about the whole situation, but buried this feeling deep down, ignoring it for the most part.

It had been four months since that fateful day, and the Jedi, Anakin included, had only began to rebuild their order. Construction had started a few months earlier, both by the Jedi themselves and the building droids the new Supreme Chancellor, Ainlee Teem, had provi

2. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post. This is an interesting story. :)

3. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Another great start Pallas. Will there eventually be a sequel to DC?

Hope the next post is soon, thanks for letting me know that you had another story started. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds. :)

4. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Great post Pallas :D
    A prequel is an interesting idea! keep it up :)

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Jayen, *sighs*

I was touched by how deep that was. You know now how to affect your readers greatly. Oba!

Am [face_love]

6. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good start. :)

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm not sure I'd want to be able to read the minds of my children to know what they'd want. It will be interesting to see how Anakin deals with raising a child.

thanks for letting me know about this.

8. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Yea Pallas!! You decided to show us what would of happened if he never went back to Padme!! (Not that I didn't want them married.) It's good so far, keep up the good work!

9. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful start Pallas :)

I can't wait for more 8-}

10. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001

This was so cute Anakin with a baby Luke :)

I do hope you don't let the Jedi take Luke away just to gave him back when he gets older.

Waiting for more...

Jedi Blue :)

11. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Seeing Anakin as a Dad... it's so sweet. (I get the feeling he would have been a very devoted one if he hadn't turned.) Seeing him as a single dad is something I've vaguely wondered about, and this is a great start on that premise. :)

12. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Awww...I'm with A21 on this one--I think Anakin would have made a great father if he hadn't turned.

Great start, Pallas. Can't wait to see more. :)

13. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Cute story.

14. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Good start. It really pulls on the heart strings.

15. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    ::jumps up and down, clapping happily::

YAY!!

I don't care if it IS a prequel, it's more DC!

That was so sweet, Pallas. I loved the way Anakin cared for Luke and even the Obi/Ani interaction was wonderful! Write more soon!

Emmi

P.S- I read DC in it's entirety, though I can't remember if I posted or not. It was excellent and I encourage everyone on this thread who has not read it to go read it NOW!

::waves hand::

You WILL go and read Destiny's Choice

::smiles smugly as whole audience trapses obediently over to the DC thread::

16. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Yay!

TorontoJediMaster: Thanks :)

Sticks: Thanks, yes, there'll be a sequel after the story is beta read and all. ;)

Jedi jem: Thanks! :D

Am: Thanks! So much fun to write 'lil bady Luke stuff.

SWF1000: Thanks :)

RM: Heh, I'd have to agree with you, there ... You're welcome ;)

JB: Thanks ... AU=fun for the whole family :D

lt Ketch: Thanks :D

Jedi Blue: Thanks, yes poor Lukie should get to stick with Anakin [face_love]

A21: Yes, I do, too ... Anakin would have been a great daddy. Since I put it in DC, I also wondered how exactly he did it :)

anakin girl: Thanks :D

Jaya Solo: Thanks :)

Jedi Johnson: Thanks ... love the Lukie :)

Emilie: Thanks! It's be fun diving back into the DC universe (and writing 3rd person). Since DC is my plot bunny baby, writing a new story is beyond great! Wait 'til the sequel ;)

17. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Saché, the ever-impatient one, wonders when Mara will show up.....

Okay, okay. I will learn patience. If I don't, I might not get any cookies.

18. Sabe_SkywalkerKenobi

Sabe_SkywalkerKenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    My last day of college ever (until grad school) and I find this. I am so excited, what a way to end my day :). And until I go to Japan in August I have time to keep up with this fic. I am very happy!

I am glad you are writting this. I love Luke/Anakin and I love seeing them together. With Anakin as a jedi, being friends with Obi, and no Leia ;) Not that I don't like Leia, I just like Luke more :D

I hope this is long and that I get to see many cute Luke/Anakin moments.

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good start

would have replied sooner, but I am still sort of recovering from my brief stay at a cabin for two days. And this cabin was less than an hour away!

I'll read this, indefinitely......

20. Kendra_Skywalker

Kendra_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    Awesome Start Pallas! I loved it :)

I am anxious to see Luke growing up and how everything falls together for DC. Please Post more soon :D

With Smiles,
    Kendie ;)

21. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    awwwww...this is so cute :)

22. A_PM_from_PA

A_PM_from_PA Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2001
    Hello! This is just the sock for my update list saying HEYA!

If you'd like to be added to this list you can PM this little fellow here ;)

23. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Great start! I can't wait for the next one. Anakin with Luke is cute.

24. Sticks-Solo

Sticks-Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2001
    Yes!!! There will be a sequel, thank you I really wanted to know what happened to Luke after DC

Can we please have another post soon. :)

25. Reformed

Reformed Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 1999
    This story is great! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.