main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Song For Obi-Wan JA ANGST/AU *Update Friday The 13th*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    A Song For Obi-Wan - JA Angst/AU
    By Renton Kenobi

Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by Lucas, I just tend to play with it from time to time. The lyrics are from "Gollum's Song," from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers soundtrack performed by Emiliana Torrini, written by Howard Shore. No copyright infringement is intended on either parts.

Summary: Obi-Wan is lost for two years after a mission that took a bad turn. Now two years later he is found, but will he be the same kid that everyone knew and loved?

Where once was light
    Now darkness falls
    Where once was love
    Love is no more
    Don't say good-bye
    Don't say I didn't try
    These tears we cry
    Of falling rain
    For all the lies you told us
    The hurt, the blame
    And we will wait to be so alone
    We are lost
    We can never go home
    So in the end
    I'll be what I will be
    No loyal friend was ever there for me
    Now we say good-bye
    We say you didn't try
    These tears you cry
    Have come too late
    Take back the lies
    The hurt, the blame
    And you will wait when you've face the end alone
    You are lost
    You can never go home
    You are lost
    You can never go home

The darkness that had engulfed Qui-Gon Jinn's life was a source of constant battle for the Jedi master. It was always the same rutein; day in and day out. Two years had passed since the dissapearance of his beloved apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi; and every day in those past two years Qui-Gon has struggled with the comprehension of moving on and taking another aprentice, the thought of that was almost foreign to him. Six months after Obi-Wan's disapearance Qui-Gon had requested to be taken off active duty until further notice.

That further notice was never recieved by the Jedi Council.

Qui-Gon had to admit though, the council had never tried to force him into anything that he didn't want to be a part of . The failure of loosing not one, but two apprentices was enough to drive Qui-Gon over the edge; and it was when Obi-Wan dissapeared that Qui-Gon had vowed to bring his apprentice home. However, after almost a standard year and a half out looking for his padawan, his hope of finding Obi-Wan had begun to diminish quickly. Though, the stubborn Jedi Master refused to give up completely; and Qui-Gon knew quite frankly he would never be able to move on until Obi-Wan was found dead or alive.

Qui-Gon prayed to the force that he would see his bright, loving student once again.

Laying in his bed Qui-Gon stared at the ceiling, every line and crack memorized from countless nights of insomnia. He would have felt it, wouldn't he? Surely he would have felt Obi-Wan pass if he did; but Qui-Gon also put in the idea that Obi-Wan may in face be blocked from the force and that is why he hasn't felt anything if he was truly gone.

"Where are you Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon asked quietly as his eye-lids slid shut as he tried to find some kind of peace within the force; but as Qui-Gon was well aware of he knew that peace would never come.

2. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Sorry about the short post, will have another up soon! :D

RK

3. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Another post up soon, would be most appreciated. :D

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Ooh, this is very interesting! :D
    I wonder what happened to Obi-Wan... :confused:

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I likey already, Renton, and I hope you have another post up soon. :)

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Great beginning, Renton! :D

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Great post Renton!! There IS more right??

8. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Yes don't you worry! Just let me get back from a meeting with a professor of mine and I will get up another post. :D

9. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Interesting! Please post more soon!

10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Looks promising, Renton! Glad to see a new Qui-Obi story from you!!!!

Obi

11. Jawas_stink

Jawas_stink Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    At the risk of sounding redundant... This looks really interesting- post more soon! :)

12. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow talk about a dramatic opener! More soon please Renton :D

13. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Great post! I can't wait until the next one :D

14. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    I'm super sorry about this guys but finals have popped up so I don't know when I will have a chance to get another post up. But don't worry this will be finished, just as long as I survive finals :D.

15. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Here's a quickie update for ya'all. :D

A dark figure stood watching the movement in the next room, yes the man had ended up being more useful than they had first imagined. They originally wanted the other one for it, but the younger one had shown himself a worthy object of study. Walking into the room the man stirred slowly, unsure of his surroundings and how far his cuffs would allow him to go. Stroking his shaved head the dark figure whispered to him, "how are you this morning?"

The man that was strapped down clammped his eyes shut and turned his head the other way. Not wanting to allow himself to much torment today he tried to ignore the tauntings of the man who did the same thing to him every morning for the past two years.

"What would you like, more than anything?" The dark man whispered into his ear. When the younger man didn't answer him he gave him a shock with an electro-jabber. "Tell me what you would like." Jabbing him again he made the man cry out.

"Home!" The pain finally had ripped through the younger man, sobbing uncontrollably. As the man finally stopped his cruel jabs he laughed at the power he held over him. Leaving him he slammed the metallic door shut along with the young man that a long time ago had realized he would never see his home again. The only way he would get to go home is if it was in a body bag.

Sliding down the wall, young Obi-Wan Kenobi curled up into a ball as tight as he can get and he cried. Never in his life did Obi-Wan know how much he could cry; because it always seemed that when he thought he was done there was always some more there waiting to be shed.

Often, Obi-Wan thought of home and how everyone was. Bant, Garen, Reeft all of his friends, Obi-Wan wondered if they assumed that he was dead which they probably did. But most nights, his mind always went to his master because he always thought that if he went missing that Qui-Gon would always come find him. There had never been a moment of doubt of Obi-Wan's mind up until his capture. He coudln't feel his master, did he assume him for dead as well? As he taken another padawan? That was the question that always plauged Obi-Wan's mind, replacement. Though Obi-Wan was 21 years old and one of the most promising Jedi in the temple, there were still remnants of that insecure 13 year old that had fought for his place at his master's side.

But another question that frightened him was the idea that maybe Qui-Gon was dead and he didn't know it. If that was the case he was sure that the council wouldn't even try to lift an finger and find him. The thought of his master dying was almost too much for the young apprentice to bear. Resting his head on his knees Obi-Wan slid into meditation as deep as he could go, trying to block out everything and hoping for a better tomorow.

16. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yay, a post!

Poor Obi-Wan! I'm really curious to know what happened to him. :_| :_|

Great post, Renton :D

More soon, I hope? :)

17. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    WOW!! That's amazing!! Poor Obi-Wan. I hope you post soon, 'cause I can't stand the tension! ^_^

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe, poor Obi!!

MOre soon!!

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan, held captive and tormented for two years. There is no way he can be the same after that. I can't wait to see where this goes. :)

20. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan. :( I'm surprised he hasn't gone insane by now.

21. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Oh just you wait and see. :) *devil horns*

22. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Hey, where's the next post? :confused:

Great beginning, though, Renton. I'm curious as to how Obi got in this situation in the first place.

More soon, please! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.