main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The alchemist has the same look that Jaqen takes after leaving Arya - hooked nose and the scar on his cheek - so I definitely think they're one and the same.

EDIT: What about the Sarella Sand = Alleras at the Citadel? Sarella backwards is Alleras and they both have the same heritage, and when the other Sand Snakes were rounded up in AFFC she was described as being out of Dorne.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. Yeah, I support that one.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I am now caught up. I have to wait 9 years until the next book, right? And, because he's fat, he'll die of a heart attack before finishing the last one? That's how these things work, right?

/fetalposition

Having read books 2 - 5 over the last five months, I'm a little spoiled now... :(

yankee8255 and RC-1991 like this.
  4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    its unlikely he would have honestly been able to wrap up in two books at anything resembling his current rate. we are destined for the robert jordan treatment

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This isn't a theory. It has way more evidence than claim about Renly being gay ever did, but apparently thats' supposed to be true. In light of that, I don't see the basis for doubting this.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Supposedly the reason FfC and DwD took so long is because of the nature of the concurrent storylines. Originally they were supposed to be one book, and splitting them up and making the timelines fit together was a very complicated process. With Winds of Winter, everything will be back together in one volume, and George has said he won't add any more viewpoint characters (and strongly hinted that he'll off a few early on). I think he can finish in two volumes-- two, thousand-plus-page books. Hopefully. I'm more concerned with his obesity catching up to him rather than his age.

7. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Optimistically The Winds of Winter could be finished in early 2014, permitting no major timeline changes occur. But yes, Martin's health giving out is a scary thought.

8. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    There is no reason to be optimistic about GRRM's output.

9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    robert jordansville, population: us

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    the best thing to hope for at this point and with his track record is that he dies soon enough that whatever hack takes over can pick up the slack in time to keep ahead of the television series seasons

11. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Grim.

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    grrm

Handmaiden_Yane and jackg1 like this.
  13. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm reading an epub where the chapters from Feast and Dance are together in chronological order, and it's interesting- I'm curious to see how events line up between the two. Another reason for the Feast and Dance delay- that part of the story was originally supposed to be set 5 years after Storm. 5 years gives a lot of characters time to grow up, and potentially allow the situation to develop even more. Littlefinger even references this in Feast.

jabbawocky, fair enough, and I don't doubt the Frey pies either. IIRC the most compelling evidence for Renly's sexuality is Jaime's line to Loras about shoving his sword in places "even Renly never found".

14. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    And also GRRM's statement that yes, it did occur. :p

15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Wait, he did say it? Excellent [face_devil] I seem to remember that there's a Lannister-Frey wedding soon, though my info might be off. I hear weddings at the Twins are to die for.

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    did he ever make an official statement on maegery tyrell being a hobag?

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    where did you find that? i'd love to be able to read them together like that.

18. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011

The first quote is actually real. Here's where it's from.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I know it's completely foolish to hope that Martin will actually give Jamie and Brienne a happy ending.

Because Martin likes to crush all fangirl dreams.

[​IMG]

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He crushes ALL dreams, without consideration for whether they're fangirl dreams or not.

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    He hasn't crushed many of mine yet.

22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    because your fantasies within fantasies are uncrushable. like you didnt even comment on the confirmation that loras and renly were boning. and you probably will never acknowledge maegarey's hobaggery either

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Mine too. Arya is about to be reunited with her mother and brother, yay! BAM, CATELYN AND ROBB ARE BOTH DEAD NOW.
    I have never felt so empty from reading a book like I did then.
    Yay, Ser Rodrik has help to retake Winterfell. BAM, HE'S DEAD AND WINTERFELL HAS BEEN SACKED.
    :(

Handmaiden_Yane and Miana Kenobi like this.
  24. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    @jackg1- I meant did he confirm the Frey pies, not Renly being fabulous :p

@Trimaj- I can't find the link (probably got hit with a DMCA notice). There's a few "alternative" sites where the epub can be found.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Best if they're not linked here anyway :p