main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah I think it's more surprising to find people who aren't subscribed to that theory who have read the books.

2. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    Oh really ? Then I'm not stupid

What me think was the promise on the ''bed of blood''...made in a place named the ''Tower of Joy''...

(French Canadians fans of Game of Throne are a bit limited...I don't discuss much)

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm suddenly reminded of 50% of the posts on r/asoiafcirclejerk.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, i'll be shocked if that isn't actually the case. although how in the world he's actually going to have that revealed i have less than no clue. since as far as we know everyone in the know is dead.

5. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Howland Reed presumably knows. He was the only other survivor of the Tower of Joy, and seems to have been a close friend of Eddard. Also, fun fact: the people who have Robb's will (Maege Mormont, Robett Glover, and I think there's one other) were sent by Robb to Greywater Watch just before the Red Wedding. So not only does Reed potentially know Jon's true parentage, he also presumably knows that Jon is the rightful King in the North.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

adklfjeswoghrofrihfgoswjfsofkeporkpofkwef

Unacceptable.

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    or more accurately that jon is the rightful king period, not just in the north.

and yea, forgot about reed. whom we have never met/seen at all.

EDIT

oh, sorry for not really replying JW, just not up to really going into anything right now.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If Jon was in fact legitimate-- that is, if Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, which is possible since Targs had been polygamous-- then the Iron Throne is also his, yes.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also, keep in mind GRRM recently said that Howland Reed was *not* a witness to Ned's promise to Lyanna.

edit: It's not. He gave up the Iron Throne when he joined the Night's Watch. Also, the Iron Throne belongs to King Aegon the Sixth of His Name.

10. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    The relevant counterpoint is that Jon's vows are theoretically rendered void by his "death" at the end of ADWD, if we take the oath literally. Though personally, I prefer him as King in the North to Lord of the Seven Kingdoms.

There is also a theory that Aegon VI is actually a Blackfyre, via his mother.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, it's a very popular theory.

But given that Daenerys seems to be a moron, I'd really prefer if Aegon were the real deal. Because otherwise, a loyalist like me would have to cry himself to sleep...

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    He does know how to get things done, that's for sure. He makes it back to Westeros in the very book that introduces him. Take that, Khaleesi!

13. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    As Daenerys is sterile, her ascending to the throne would be temporary in any case.

14. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Actually, it's arguable that Mirri Maz Duur's spiteful little bit about when Dany can get pregnant again is arguably fulfilled in Dance. When the Sun rises in the West and Sets in the East- Quintyn Martell, whose house sigil is the Sun (speared), was born in the west and died in the East. When the Mountains tumble- the dragons sacking the Mereenese pyramids. When the seas run dry- the Dothraki Sea is experiencing a drought. I've also seen it suggested that the weird bleeding that Dany experiences in her final chapter resembles a miscarriage.

It's weird, but then again Martin fulfilled the AA prophecy for Jon with Smoke from Jon's wounds, Salt from Bowen Marsh's tears, and the Bleeding Star bit through Wun Wun hoisting the dead, bleeding Sir Patrek (whose sigil is a star) above the whole Iulius Caesar reenactment.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Is he a ham?

Handmaiden_Yane and RC-1991 like this.
  16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm also part of the "if Jon's not a Targaryen, I'll be shocked" camp.

And seriously, looking at all the posts with Robb icons makes me sad.

Also also, this makes me ugly laugh and cry at the same time:

Never gonna get together.

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i feel sorry, in some ways, who haven't read all the books yet.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well they can go to the non-spoiler thread. :p

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I think he means he feels sorry for them when they get to the RW in the show :p

edit: speaking of Jaime, I think it's really cute how he defends Brienne consistently in AFFC. I just reread the part where he punched out Red Ronnet Connington for calling her a sow. It was awesome.

RC-1991 and Miana Kenobi like this.
  20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, it's more the shock that's coming.

EDIT

precisely jello.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Stop reminding me of my ship that Martin will never let develop/will crush like a bug. :( :(

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    but at least you can look forward to it on screen for a while!

23. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Jaime/Brienne forever!

FOREVER!

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think it's possible, though unlikely, that those two will have a happy ending. They're one of the few couples who actually care for (if not love) each other... the others being Jon and Ygritte,,, Tyrion and Tysha,,. Jamie and Cersei... Renly and Loras...

...yeah.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I enjoy Sansa's POV chapters after the immaturity and gushing that were here GoT chapters -- they're especially interesting in ASoS, but then again all chapters in that book are awesome
    This is one plotline that I've waited for anxiously to come to a head. It happened in ASoS and after reading ADWD I'm disappointed it still hasn't happened yet. Did they end up making it? Do the rest of the Northern Lords know of the will? So many questions.