main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if being caught up in the books means they won't be in season 5, i wonder if that means no sansa either. i guess they're showing a lot of faith in martin to finish twow before season six starts production. still even if he does, which seems highly unlikely, is there anyone who actually thinks he'll finish ados before they get to season 7?

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Davos.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I could see that. I got the sense that Jamie was fed up with her antics by the end of AFFC and she's finally been ensnared in her own plots and schemes. So yeah, I could see him killing her. I also got the sense that Ser Barristan is going to die in the next book as well.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    There are a lot of characters who were in danger of dying when we last left them. I wouldn't be able to make a good guess.

6. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    FINISH THE SHOW D AND D.

But seriously, can't someone just finish this series already? People have been waiting two decades for an end. I hope the creators don't dog it. But this can also mean Bran's story may almost be over. He almost always has the least amount of chapters in the books, at least the latest one's, so maybe they know something we don't.

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is really cruel and uncalled for. I know you are jealous of her goodness, but have we really stooped to wishing death on perfectly innocent people now?

Quite the contrary. I think they've finally realized what we've known all along: Bran chapters are terrible and no one wants to hear anymore from or about that kid.

8. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I like Bran's chapters, although that is mostly because I'm a fan of the Reeds and because I'm assuming it is a villainous origin story (seriously, that kid has got some issues with consent).

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Bran was the anchor for quite a while but I am interested to see what happens with him now that the long, boring trip is over.

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    House of Black & White:
    [​IMG]

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Hey 4chan actually did something good

>Season 6, Episode 2 "The Kraken's Daughter"
    >Episode begins with Yara arriving at Pyke
    >she's greeted by her nuncle Aeron "Damphair" Greyjoy
    >she rushes past him and heads directly to the Kingsmoot
    >Euron and Victarion are bickering about godless men sitting the Seastone Chair
    >tensions are rising as the debate heats
    >Yara hops on a wine barrel and calls attention to her Ironborn
    >"Lord Farwynd, Lord Drumm, mine own nuncles Victarion and Euron and Aeron, this bickering must cease!"
    >grumbles in the crowd as the ironmen focus on their late Lord's daughter
    >"The Wall, King's Landing, the Seastone Chair... it all means nothing!"
    >Erik Ironmaker spits, "And what does, kraken slut?"
    >Yara dismisses his insult, "We must take our forces to the Dreadfort!"
    >boisterous rabble and laughter erupts
    >"To save your cockless brother?" Euron Greyjoy rasps. "to correct your blunder, niece?"
    >Yara's eyes lower
    >"Theon... payed the iron price..." Yara takes in a deep breath "... we must take our forces to the Dreadfort because..."
    >silence falls upon the Kingsmoot
    >"The Boltons own... dogs! So many, many, dogs!"
    >panic breaks loose
    >"DOGS!?" Lord Drumm cries
    >"HOW MANY DOGS DO THESE BOLTONS COMMAND!?" Erik Ironmaker asks in desperation
    >"Countless." Yara admits, gravely
    >Victarion faints
    >Damphair starts pouring sea water on everything while praying as hard as a man can
    >Euron falls to his knees and silenty weeps in the palms of his hands
    >fade to black
    >and who...
    >... are you...

Written for television by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss

12. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It actually wouldn't surprise me to see Tyrion go down. With him, Vic, Selmy, and likely Dany all crossing paths, we're not going to have all of those POVs, and death is always one nice way to take care of that little issue. And given the size the book could be, Tyrion could get a lot done and still bite it.

That said, I don't see George killing his favorite character, no matter how realistic it might be.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    She's not innocent in the biblical sense, Wocky. That girl's had more penis than you've had hot meals.

But she is definitely going down in the next book.

14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    GrandAdmiralJello, I'm in the middle of rereading AFFC and was reminded of your admission that you missed so many things when reading the books, e.g. Renly's being gay. Well, I discovered somehting that I completely missed the first time -- Archmaester Marwyn. The guy is freaking everywhere -- taught Mirri Maz Duur the Common Tongue, Qyburn mentions him to Jamie, Asha's uncle is reading his book (perhaps he has insights on how to deal with dogs). Completely missed all of that the first time around, didn't even realize he had been mentioned before when Sam meets up with him at the end. :oops:

15. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
  16. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

That's how I feel too. Sure the books can be coming out then, but...
    He was finished 3 years ago and wanted the show to take off? Bogus
    He [paraphrased] "is writing a 7th book because of popularity" is absurd when he told us after the 3rd or 4th book there'd be 7 instead of 6 because of the length.

17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    So, I'm almost finished with my reread of AFFC. Must say, I'm really rather enjoying it for the most part. Needed a bit more editing (the chapters seem significantly longer than the first three books). But there's an incredible amount going on between the lines, and seeing Cersei make one blunder after another is brilliant. It's a table setting book for the end game, and it sets one hell of a table. Honestly, I probably like it better over all than ADWD, which I found dragged far, far more (especially in Meereen).

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    So, based on set reports by Winter is Coming, it looks almost certain that Season 5 will have Jamie heading to Dorne rather than the Riverlands. I think we've reached a point where book readers seriously need to consider abandoning the show.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm done buying the BD's, but I don't know if I can resist watching the train wreck if only to tell show fans why they're wrong.

21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    In that case, you definitely have to watch, from the tidbits leaking out of filming in Spain and Croatia, you'll have an abundance of ammo!

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  23. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    There was a big update to the World of Ice and Fire app a few days ago, quite a few new entries (whole new categories "Groups", "Creatures", "Religions") plus all 5 WOW chapters that have been officially (eg on the GRRM website) released so far plus three entries from the upcoming "World of Ice and Fire" book.

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    New leaked pic from Season 5 filming, this one from Meereen.

[​IMG]

Since Fakegon Aegon hasn't been cast yet, I assume he's going to be written out of the show? Since Tyrion is in Meereen and all that.

Also sigh. I guess it'd be too much to ask for GRRM to get TWOW out before the show starts back up.

25. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    From the images that are being released, I'm starting to wonder if they're going to merge Ellaria's story with Arianne's. This is only because of that image where she's having a conversation with Areo, so it's a big leap, but it might make sense. A character established on the show, loses her lover, probably wants some payback against the Lannisters for that, portrayed by a skilled actress... if they're going to expand Ellaria's role, it could be with that plotline.