main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Isn't that, well....everything? :p

I do love reading Jaime & Brienne together though.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Whether the rest of the Northern Lords know is critical to whether the Grand Northern Conspiracy holds any water. GRRM willing, Jon will be King in the North by the end of TWOW.

I don't quite know where that leaves Stannis the Mannis, however.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I don't really see Stannis surviving TWOW, tbh. Considering it's highly likely Jon is Azor Ahai, there's really no point in GRRM keeping Stannis around if Jon is widely recognised as AA. What's there for Stannis to do, be Lord of Storm's End? I'm sure he'd love to be told he's no longer rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

4. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I'm sure he would love to be told by Melisandre that she no longer needs him.

"Oh hey, remember how I said you were Azor Ahai, and we burned those statues of the Seven, and we made a shadow baby to kill your brother, and performed human sacrifices? Yeah turns out that kiddo from the wall is AA, so uh, have fun!"

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Geez, I don't check this thread in a few days and it explodes. And here I thought all was quiet on the JCC.

And now that I've caught up, I really don't know if I have anything to contribute except that my predilection against conspiracy theories has me avoiding thinking about Jon being a Targaryen until it actually happens. The theory about Wyman Manderly having the Freys cooked into pies is hilarious and I fully support that.

Also, I love Sansa. I don't think that she's stupid...yes, she's naive but just because she doesn't have a heightened sense of politics doesn't mean she's stupid. Given her relatively young age, I'd say she's reacting just how a girl her age should act. Actually, I think she's doing better than most girls her age would do. She's shown incredible growth and she's not done learning and adapting to the "game."

I cannot wait until Petyr Bhaelish dies. I hope Sansa kills him.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also Sansa's chapters were interesting UNTIL she got to the Vale. She was fantastic in the first book. Absolutely enchanting.

Coruscant likes this.
  7. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    speaking of chapters, do we have any from the new book other than what's on GRRM's website currently?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Aside from Theon? He read aloud an Arianne chapter a few months back, as well as a Tyrion chapter and a Victarion chapter.Arianne goes to Griffin's Roost seeking Aegon, only to learn that Storm's End has already fallen to him and the Griffin Reborn (which sounds like a kickass name for a superhero, btw). Victarion tries to convince his crew to blow the Dragon horn. Tyrion plays Cyvasse with Brown Ben Plumm, convinces him to defect back to Aegon; Jorah bursts in shouting about how Kraken sails have been spotted in the bay.

I'd find it funny if Stoneheart kills Baelish, though Sansa is the most likely candidate.

Petyr: "You only have one father, Sansa."
    Sansa: "Only Ned."
    *push*

Handmaiden_Yane and GenAntilles like this.
  9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You're managing to be more annoying than wocky in your character worship.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah but I'm actually honest about it. :p

Misa ab iPhono meo.

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well he could always go to the Wall and with his experience likely end up the new commander, the man held Storms End he could certainly give the horrors beyond the wall a good fight whenever they do decide to come south. If not that I don't know what else he could do other than die or end up on the Iron Throne.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I doubt the Wall itself is going to last until the end of Book 6. If it doesn't come tumbling down sometime during TWOW then it's hard to see how the Others can be taken as a credible threat to Westeros itself.

13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    So all my friends only watch Game of Thrones and don't read the books so I need someone to share this video with, it's so true and hilarious:

Sebulba-X, Miana Kenobi, tom and 2 others like this.
  14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, that really is insanely true. why in the world are we such gluttons for punishment?

funny video though.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    My friend just finished ASoS, so this is perfect.

16. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    That video is perfect. My friend was so distraught about SoS that he took a really long break in between SoS and AFFC. Even though I was really upset Robb died, my reaction was tempered with the fact that other people die.

Like Joffrey. And Tywin. And Theon's dad. Yes, yes, and yes! So yeah, even though Robb dies and you think Catelyn and Arya die, bad people that I hate die too so I was kinda okay after SoS.

Can I just say...that the White Walkers at the end of Season 2...was like, kinda perfect? 'Cause, holy ****, I think about it now and I get chills. (ha, 'cause winter is coming)

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I lol'ed. Sad but true, that video. :p

I'm still waiting for Dany to do something. She has dragons! Attack already!

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    lol if Dany's going to do anything, it'll be Daario. :p

Jen, I didn't like the way the three blasts were handled though. ASOS's prologue did it much better.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hahahaha that video was perfect.

20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    hahaha yeah I have a feeling only Dany and Tyrion and/or Jon will be left standing at the end :p great video

21. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    My happy scenario for the next book involves the surviving rangers (remember, the rangers were loyal to Jon and seem to have agreed with what he was doing- it was the builders and stewards-minus Edd- who took issue with the Snow Administration) fleeing South from the destruction of the Wall to form Jon's household guard when he is crowned King in the North. I like to think that the Blackfish actually supports him- it's possible Edmure informed him of the terms of Robb's will when he was sent to negotiate the surrender, and Blackfish yelled all that stuff about Cat warning him about Jon to the living, breathing, kingslaying example of Cat's less-than-stellar judgment.

And while we are in the realm of never-going-to-happen, I want Legacy of the Force to be decanonized, and replaced with a series where Jacen is awesome and clearly Luke's successor.

22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It gets....better? No, it gets worse. Much, much worse. Way downhill.

So true!

23. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Was discussing GoT/ASoIaF with some friends today, specifically ASoS. After I mentioned Renly's death one said "as long as Robb lives I'll be happy; he's my favourite." I had to leave.
    Those who haven't read the books have no idea what they're in for in Seasons three and four.

24. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I've tried not to spoil my wife as well. I've managed to hide the Red Wedding from her so far, but I had to relent and tell her that Joffrey kicks the bucket eventually, although I didn't tell her the manner of his death. It will be interesting once the RW appears in the show; do I watch her reaction out of the corner of my eye, or do I just sit and revel in the moment?

25. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I'll be revelling in the moment, for sure. My friends all laugh at the jokes about GRRM's unusual lack of character shields, but they don't know the half of it. I can't wait for their reaction after the Red Wedding. Now they'll know how I felt, with no people in real life to talk to it about. SO MUCH PAIN.