main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Benjen?

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    There were three Stark brothers: Ned (the quiet wolf), Brandon (the wild wolf), and Benjen (the young wolf).

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh my wow. I completely forgot Benjen. *headdesk*
    Thank you!

4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Everyone Forgets Benjen! Can i post a link ot a rumour?

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    BENJEN IS EURON IS DAARIO

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004

I would be 100% okay with it. I'm done with being spoiler/rumour free. Who knows when we'll get our preciouses.

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Oh and the woman with the purple eyes that the quiet wolf danced with was Ashara Dayne.

8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Darth Guy Has read the theory!

This I found on Reddit. The Benjen Stark Theory:

Now I just found this article that lists another Reddit post from a user who looked through the original Manuscript of ADWD. Some Interesting bits there so you will probably enjoy it.

IT ALSO DISPROVES PART OF THE ABOVE THEORY AND HE (martin) SAYS WHO COLDHANDS ISN'T.

9. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    That first one made my eye twitch. It sounds absurd...but absurd is what Martin does.

Also, martin lying wouldn't surprise me. When I read that at first, I doubted his denial.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well it was nice for a few comments but I'm leaving this thread till I catch up! I might join the westeros.org and do the still reading but I won't be around this one for a while. I'm aiming to get ADWD in April when the shows on and they'll be on offer but I'm just going to take my time reading them because there's no rush <hah hah>
    See you in a few month's.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Even though Gurm has preemptively debunked the notion, we're still going to have endure show-only people bragging about how the show is "ahead" of the books.

14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

Calling it fan fiction is probably going a bit too far. I don't think the authors of most fan-fic get significant access to the original author the way the show's producers do. Even with the changes theyre making , they do go through them with Gurm at least when they start plotting out each season, and have the possibility to consult with him during the writing and filming process. Of course, that doesn't mena they always follow his advice.

That, of course, doesn't mean that I like the changes they make. Or that I have much confidence in the changes they're making for Season 5.

MistrX likes this.
  15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    BTW, anyone else share my confidence that 5-10 years from now, probably in connection with the relase of A Dream of Spring, Gurm will be giving interviews telling how deeply he regrets selling the TV rights too soon?

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm not sure many share your confidence that he'll live long enough to regret the decision.

Trip and yankee8255 like this.
  17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
  18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Actually, I think he already does deep down, but can't admit it publicly.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Rereading A Game of Thrones.

20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    With AFFC reread, I noticed more things.
    I also realized how much I've forgotten in a few years. And how much the show has changed.

- It is nice to see Dorne and look at the different thoughts of the Sand Snakes. It's also nice to actually realize WHO the Sands are.

- Sam was really abused by his father. Not only is he too scared/ashamed to admit it, but it has affected him to near PTSD. I say 'near' because he knows his overall duty and perseveres to do what is right, no matter how he feels about the situation.

-Ser Kevan Lannister is much more intelligent than I initially thought. Cersei's behaviour is more irritating when she doesn't listen to him.

-Tommen said that he used to "go away" (I guess retreat in himself) when Joffrey...did what? Cersei interrupted!! Did Tommen know and witness Joffrey's cruelties? Is there a reason for him to be more frightened and less headstrong than Joff?

- Now that I'm paying more attention to names, I can see how everything and everyone come together - like Brienne hearing of Maidenpool and the Tarlys. And them being up to something. [later] Tarly is horrible. I hate reading/hearing of someone blaming a female for affecting men. Brienne is not at fault for having the men want to rape her.

- Sansa muses on how Littlefinger and Petyr aren't really the same, because Littlefinger is a mask. But where does the mask end, and the real Petyr comes out? I don't think that it does. It's almost as if she forgot that yes, while Lysa poisoned Jon Arryn, Petyr told her to. The show doesn't adequately portray just how ABSOLUTELY CREEPY Petyr is.

- It is sad that Jaime has driven a wall between his two siblings. It's worse with Cersei, I think. Her behaviour towards him is despicable. Lady, he lost an arm and he's trying to protect you and the kids, but you're being so callous towards everything. Losing Joffrey has made her a bit more kooky, a tad like Lysa.

- Arianne Martell is conniving and vindictive.

-Aemon spoke of Dunk and Egg! I must find and reread those stories after I'm done with my series reread.

- Euron Grejoy is extremely frightening. He's worse than Melisandre in some ways.

- Cersei is so selfish that she can't see that holding Tommen back might make him more like Joffrey. He will grow to rue her.

- Is Davos dead? Truly? I think not.

21. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I finally picked up A World of Ice and Fire. I'm only about 75 pages in, but it is a fascinating read so far. It's wonderful to read about the histories of the Targaryen kings directly, rather than from hearsay scattered across all 5 novels.

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I found myself relearning a lot and then being able to pay more attention to the events in the novels.
    It is much more fascinating than a real history class

23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I know more about the politics of Westeros than I do of the real world. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

SWpants and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Reading about the ancient history of Westeros was engaging.

25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    First four episode titles of season 4 are revealed:

The Wars to Come
    The House of Black and White
    High Sparrow
    The Sons of the Harpy

I figured HoBaW would be a title this season, but I thought that episode 4's title would have been used last season.