main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see it as Bran doing something to keep Jon alive. The bond between Jon/Ghost, Bran/Summer, Rickon/Shaggydog and and Arya/Nymeria some how keep Jon alive. No idea how it would work but why not?

2. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    *looks at casting call for season 6*
    Lachlan and Flynn? Why can't they use characters from the books?

*insert picture of Patrick Star* WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Rapist, homophobic rapist, pedophile rapist. But don't worry, they'll get their comeuppance!

4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I guess we should be thankful they are making up new terrible characters instead of adapting great characters and making them terrible

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Miriedis

May 23, 2015
    After each one gets their fair share of gratuitous, violent scenes to let the audience know how terrible they are

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Guessing that these new characters will be a part of Jaime's delayed adventures in the Riverlands, so look on the bright side, we might get to meet ****mouth. Mr "Oo arr, bugger me with a spear" and so on - which led to one of Jaime's funniest moments:

(It's brilliantly delivered in the audiobook as done by Roy Dotrice, which has its flaws, but often adds new depth to the characters)

7. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    One new character description sounded like it might be Arthur Dayne, possibly a Tower of Joy flashback? Of course, given the showrunners' complete disdain for subtlety, they'll just have Lyanna give Ned the full lowdown on Rhaegar marrying her and Jon being their legitimate child. No need for hinted promises.

Darthmaul208 and Darth Guy like this.
  8. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

"Promise me, Ned" hasn't been established in the show, anyway. There's been very vague hints from Sean Bean that he might be back, plus there was that scene shot for S1E1 with the Mad King executing Rickon and Brandon Stark, so it's not impossible to think that a couple of others might have been - and have been held for flashbacks.
    I'd guess that if there's any intention for TotJ flashback scenes to be included, they'll be redone altogether. Fun to think that they might currently exist somewhere, though. Maybe a dark-haired beauty of an actress is out there, somewhere, bound by a confidentiality agreement, struggling to get her career off the ground, unable to reveal to the world that she once played Lyanna Stark...

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    So, in my distaste for the tv show, I've started reimagining most of the characters and settings from the books on my latest reread. I'm about a third of the way through AGOT. The last couple of times I reread the series, a lot of the major characters had been taken over by their show counterparts, as well as most of the major settings that had been introduced.

Now, I just hate-watch the show, and I want to scrub its filth out of my imagination. The only characters I've kept the same so far are: Arya, Sansa, Joffrey, Varys, Benjen, Daenerys, Drogo, Viserys, and Jorah. Everyone and everything else is being purged.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    What about Sean Bean as Ned Stark?

11. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Even in my brain, Sean Bean is not safe from the reaper. :p

He really was very good, though. I'm trying to move away from him, because while Bean was a terrific casting and I was positively thrilled to find out he got the role, he was a pretty far cry from my mental imagining of Ned Stark at the time. Sean Bean is still butting in, however, in this latest Eddard chapter I've read. It's a three-way tussle between him, the Amok version, and Daniel Day-Lewis.

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Some people have suggested Mads Mikkelsen for Euron Greyjoy. That would be awesome casting for a good adaptation. While the show won't do the character justice (at best he'll be another Villain Sue), I can't help picture him that way now.

13. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah, that would be a great casting. And it's not like Mikkelsen is exactly committed to anything now.

And how dare you try to divert me into TV-Tropes. I'm trying to have a productive afternoon here, dammit.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I like that Iron Throne. I can believe that someone died on that thing.

Miriedis, yankee8255, Exeter and 3 others like this.
  16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    God this series gets some great art.

Point Given likes this.
  17. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005

GRRM thinks so too.

It definitely matches the description in AGOT:

18. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    That is news to me. Any more details on that scene? Was it released?

19. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005

It wasn't ever released, but it was filmed and cut so late in the process that a few frames still show up in this trailer. Here's a good shot of it:

[​IMG]

Apparently they used Sean Bean's double for Brandon which is why it looks like Ned, but the rope and the Mad King/Bib Fortuna in the background tells us it's Brandon.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. Miriedis

May 23, 2015
    Well, Kit is showing up in Belfast quite a bit this week. Either he's filming a flashback/burial scene or he and the showrunners are SOOOO bad at trying to convince us that he's dead.

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    So Ian McShane has joined season 6. It's said he will have a small amount of screen time but it will be important.

Randyll Tarly or Archmaester Marwyn?

22. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

He'd be perfect for either, but I think I'd prefer him as Tarly.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Arthur Dayne. Yup yup.

We have them filming at the Tower of Joy (reportedly) and we may get the tournament / Smiling Knight / Lyanna kidnapping.

That's my guess...

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    He's far too old to play Arthur Dayne (he was at his prime when he died) or Randyl Tarly (what? Did he have Sam when he was 50?), but the latter wouldn't surprise me.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The casting sheet for Randyll Tarly said he'd be around all season, which doesn't match the "small, but pivotal" role unless that words they're using doesn't mean what they think it means...