main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East A special little girl has moved on to a better place...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Yalc, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    I thought I would share here for all those who been doing all they can for Katie. What a special girl that made everyone realize what is important in life.

Hi all,

This is Kathy. I'm writing to inform you all that Katie has beaten her
    battle with Cancer. Katie passed away at 5:20pm Today. Myself Al and
    Allie are trying to hold it together as best we can. We would appericate
    no phone calls for a few days.

Katie's Funeral will be at 4:00pm on Friday at Riverland Hills Baptist
    Church here in Columbia.

On behalf of myself and the entire family thank you for all you support
    and prayers. Please keep Al and Allie in your prayers as well as Katie's
    mother and step father. Al will be intouch soon.

Thank you
    Kathy Johnson

And there is this:

Hey everyone, we at ForKatie.org sent this email to the 501st group and thought it might be put to use here too. Please visit the site and check out these new updates to honor Katie....

To say we are saddened by this news is a tremendous understatement. Our hearts go out to Albin, Kathy, Allie, and the rest of the family.

In light of these events and in honor of Katie, we have made some changes to the site. Please take the time to look over them all.

DONATIONS TO FAMILY

With the loss of Katie, donations are now being accepted to help the family
    elieviate expenses for final arangements. If you would like to make a donation to Katie's family go to the site and click the appropriate link.

SUBMIT PHOTOS & MESSAGES

The new guestbook will remain open until October 9th for you to share your condolences and memories with Katie's family. Entries in this special guestbook will be hardbound and presented to Katie's family as a reminder of the difference she made in all of our lives. Send any photo you like, with you or your family holding notes of love and support and anything else you deem appropriate. They will be kept private until released to the family in the book. The text guestbook text however will be available for all to read now.

MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

If you wish to donate and make a difference in another child's fight, we
    strongly suggest making a memorial donation in Katie Johnson's name to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Make A Wish can send a card or e-mail on their behalf, to the family recognizing your gift. See details on our site.

Thank you all for your time,
    Jay Thompson
    Matt Myers

www.forkatie.org

www.heartofanempire.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.