main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL A Special Thank You

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DairNimiris, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    We are fast approaching our first shoot day and we are all in a mad dash to accomplish every last bit of pre-production before we start. On June 4th, we will be shooting Zak and Ariela's (the two Jedi children) scenes over at Epping Forest and then running over to the Edgewood area where the Casbah Cafe has been gracious enough to let us film our tavern scene. The first day is going to be exciting for sure, but it is also a crazy ride up to it as they're two of the most active scenes. The children have a fight to perform and we have about twenty costumes to create for various extras.

That leads us to the actual costumes of the children. Originally I had a tailor who was going to build each costume of our heroes. Early on, this was a possibility and would have increased our production value tremendously. However, do to certain circumstances, both from the outside and within, he dropped the ball and never completed a single costume. In a panic, I searched for someone who could or would take up the charge and in stepped Chase.

Chase - without hesitation - came to bat for me and took in the garments for the two children and set to work, spending what little free time he had in between his double and triple shifts to make my costumes. He promised that in two weekends, Ariela would be finished and two weekends later, she was.

Last night, I received a call from Chase. I had not gotten him the sizes of Zak and so he had not started on him. He was going to be working today and the next day and the day after, back to his double shifts again. And then he was going to be heading down to Orlando for Star Wars weekends. This meant that he would not have any time to complete Zak at all.

Again, I was in a panic. It was around 9pm last night that I received this news. I called up my earlier tailer as he had returned back to town. He refused to take in the job, regardless of what I offered him and regardless of the fact that he had already been paid money in advance.

I called Chase back and offered him pay. He thought about it and then suggested that with another set of hands he might be able to finish the costume that night. Or at least make solid headway on it that he could finish it the next day.

I was en route to drop off fliers for extras for the tavern shoot with my producer. We immediately changed course and headed due North for Georgia where we met up with Chase at Wal-Mart and purchased the necessary supplies for Zak (my previous tailor had supposedly lost what we purchased prior). We then went to his house and by midnight, we were cutting away at fabric.

For almost 7 hours, I watched Chase work non-stop on his sewing machine, without complaint, without hesitation. The man was a machine and he was dishing out the robe accessories like he had no other purpose in life. It was a spectacle to watch and very emotional for me as he was quite literally saving my glutious maximus and everything connected to it.

By 6am, the last thread was pulled and cut, the completed costume was on a hangar and placed neatly on the hook in the back seat of my car. I don't think there was a single moment in time during the whole operation that Chase ever lost his smile. In one day, one sitting, he had completed one of the most difficult and necessary aspects of Sandrima Rising and he did it with enthusiasm despite the ridiculous time involved.

Chase went above and beyond the call of duty last night and I am eternally grateful. So, as a an FCJK member, a friend and just another guy out there, I would like to thank Chase for his outstanding work on both of the Jedi robes and especially thank him for his dedication to the project.

[:D] THANK YOU CHASE! [:D]

2. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    Props to chase! Hope the shootings go well Dwight, cant wait for the movie!

3. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Thanks man! I'm seriously blushing here... I'm very happy I could help out...

4. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Awww, Chase was happy to do it. Hope you got some sleep the next day :)

5. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    That's awesome Chase! Proud of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.