main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A stain? A patch?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by solojones, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This kind of bugs me... on the right arm of Ben's tunic there's this brown blotch. So what the heck is it?

-sj loves kevin spacey

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Stain, milady. :)

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Let me guess, he drank too much the night before and woke up in a rather unpleasant smelling pool of vomitus? :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I think sometime in ROTS, Obi needs to shove his elbow into some muck by accident. Since it's clear he's stuck with the same robe for his entire life, might as well explain the splotch :p

Also, kudos to sj for introducing the first genuinely new topic on this board since the Clinton administration.

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Solo: Yes. This was after attempting drunkenly to go rescue Padme from the Tusken Raiders, like in Star wars: Obi-Wan.

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I beleive his washing machine broke down during the first year he was on tatooine and hence has never washed any of his clothes since

7. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Do you realize how much WATER a washing machine uses??? This IS Tatooine after all!!!

8. darthbronco

darthbronco Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2004
    no wonder the sandpeople ran when Obi approached luke's speeder. all this time i thought he scared them off with that funky noise, when in reality, it was just his funky-not-washed-in-20-years-jedi-robes!

9. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Also, kudos to sj for introducing the first genuinely new topic on this board since the Clinton administration.

I don't know 'bout that, AB. We did have the thread the drinking habits of stormtroopers.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Stop underminding my 15 minutes, Lightsabre [face_plain]

Thanks Adam, but wait... you weren't here during the Clinton administration. I just realized that I was. Thanks for making me feel really sad, and also missing OT Recast thread deeply.

The stain is on his upper arm, actually. I am a little surprised there hasn't been a thread on this, though. Lately it's really been bugging me every time I watch ANH... maybe before people assumed it was something wrong with their VHS tapes ;)

You have to think GL noticed this when they were filming. Or Sir Alec. Or wardrobe. Or someone. So that makes me think it was either intentional or an accident and they didn't have the money to replace the tunic :(

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    My guess would be that it was there to show how harsh the Tatooine conditions were on Obi-Wan and that he really had been living alone as a hermit all those years.

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    One stain = years of destitude and loneliness. Got it ;)

You'd at least think he has more than one outfit. If not... um... hm :) .... [face_sick]

Of course, I've seen no concrete evidence that the Jedi had more than one outfit, anyway. Or ever changed. Or showered. Or ate.

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Holding back the desire to make a Clinton joke, I will say this- in a pic from EPISODEIII

Obiwan is talking to Yoda and whoever Jimmy Shmits character is supposed to be aboard the Tantive. Obiwans cloths are dirty and appear scortched. He is wearing the under robe shirt as in ANH. It may be a stain from the lava fight.

14. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    The real question is: Did the stain follow him into his ghosttitude?

15. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    Welp, if he can plant his ass on a rock as a ghost, I think his spirit is humble enough to bring his stain into the after-life.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So basically what you're saying is that Obi-Wan never changes his clothes? Charming :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    So, Obi-Wan lives for about 20 years as a hermit and all he gets is one stain? Gee, I'll bet Master Yoda would love to trade with him. Look how full of holes his clothes were. Oh, well, at least Master Yoda could kinda wash his clothes in the swamp water.

18. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Stop underminding my 15 minutes

My bad, solo, I thought I had since I posted nearly 18 hours later.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's ok lightsabre, I forgive you anyway [face_plain] :p

JMCY has a good point about washing things... I guess there aren't too many laundry mats on Tatooine, huh?

Hey, maybe the stain is only there because it's dried blood from earlier that day when Obi-Wan was flipping out and killing Sand People. Don't kid yourselves into thinking he doesn't do that. That sweet old wizardly thing is just a façade.

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    Yall tryin to say ol Ben was walkin around musty?

Obiwan's house is pretty nice. Probably bought it with some Jedi credits from back in the day. Im sure his facility has a fresher. Thats STAR WARS for shower I think. Id be embarrassed to think that Ol Ben is having company over and smellin like ass.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But maybe everyone on Tatooine smells like that, if none of them have water.

Of course, this would make sneaking around on the Death Star a little tough. Now we know what Vader really meant when he said, "I sense something..."

-sj loves kevin spacey

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL

Nah, Obi-Wan never had company. Occasionally he'd hallucinate Mace was there and he'd say things like:

"hahaha, your apprentice went nutso in some EU book! Mine sure showed you, didn't he?!"

"Did I ever tell you how much better I am than you? Remember that nifty trick I did in TPM, flippin over Maul's head like that? Bet you can't do that!!"

23. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Maybe Tarkin is from Tatooine.

"I smelled your foul stench when I was brought on board!"

24. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    Tarkin may be more DEPENDant than we know. He may be wearing Imperial logs in his nickers. Im sure as sadistic as he is, he may let a few logs down the river when speaking of using the DeathRay. Hed probably released the beast just discussing the destruction of Aalderaen. His depends are probably the crotch part of the stormtrooper armor for maximum protection and heavy loads.

25. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Perhaps Obi Wan was having a good time thinking of Padme and erm... yeah...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.