Rumor A stand-alone Yoda film?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by ManaByte, Feb 4, 2013.

1. obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost

star 3
    If anything ruined Fett for me....it was how bad Luke/Han owned him in ROTJ...should have used another character for the comedy death.

I couldn't take a whole film of the Yoda talk
    Jcuk likes this.
  2. Darth_Quintonis Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd love a Yoda-centric spin-off movie. Yet, I think it would need a familiar supporting cast in some measure, at least another couple of recognizable characters. Of course characters new to the big screen as well. I think it has a lot of potential to be a great addition to the overall saga. I just can't decide if they want to chance a Dark Times era Yoda movie, or make it pre-PT era?
    Darth Archimage likes this.
  3. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    Dark Rendezvous was one of the few SW novels I liked, and it's the only one that's tried to focus more on Yoda. It didn't focus on him as much as the book made it seem, but I think something like that, with a supporting cast, could work.
    Last edited by Togruta, Mar 31, 2013
  4. Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master

star 2
    I love Yoda but if they show Dagobah again I'll be impressed if they get the hut right. I'm a bit of a Yoda hut admirer and it's different in ESB and ROTJ.
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It'd be weird if it didn't look different after decades of nobody living there and being in the middle of a swamp :p
  6. Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree. Maybe they could show it in a prequel though that would be cool too. Yoda is da man!
  7. Lord Optimus Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  8. Force Goddess Jedi Master

Great job Yoda, he beat Mace, Luke, Obi-Wan, and R2-D2 on his way to the finals.

[IMG]
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Boba Fett beat out Palpatine... I will never fail to be awestruck at the unrivaled endurance of nerds.
  10. Jcuk Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Fett was shoe horned into the story and the kid that played him was just as annoying as Jake Lloyd.
  11. bstnsx704 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Gonna have to disagree with you there. Jango Fett played a pivotal role in Attack of the Clones' story and the beginning of the Clone Wars. Having Boba there (and making him a clone) didn't feel like a stretch at all to me. It actually felt pretty natural.
  12. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Yes, unlike with other characters *cough R2 and C-3PO* Fetts inclusion into the movies felt actually quite natural and also didn't cause any plotholes.
  13. Darth_Quintonis Jedi Master

star 1
    I was really happy to see this as well! I voted for Yoda, but I thought Vader would beat him, 55%-45%. Couldn't believe it really when I saw that Yoda won by 60%! Hopefully they were using this to weigh their options for spin-off movies and now we'll get that Yoda spin-off soon! :)
  14. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Fett beating Palpatine and Obi-Wan beating Han are both very surprising to me.

But yeah, I can only assume they were using this as a fun way to do market research.
  15. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
  16. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Two hours backwards talk, empty philosophical lines and jumping around like a crazy ape during lightsaber fights? What could ever go wrong with that formula?
  17. Darth_Quintonis Jedi Master

star 1
    Nothing.;)
    Lord Optimus likes this.
  18. Air Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    If the movie is going to be Yoda all by himself on Dagobah similar to Tom Hanks in Castaway then I understand all the worrying about the backwards talk, but I don't think that's going to be the case. Yoda will be the main character but he won't be talking the whole time, they will probably have a damsel in distress they will have to establish and a villain that should get some significant screen time as well. I'm hoping the antagonist gets a lot of screen time which will in turn reduce Yoda's screen time leading to less backwards talk and a more developed and iconic villain. If it takes place long before TPM it could introduce a whole new cast of characters that will help carry the movie. There could be a different grand master, a brand new Jedi council, and a apprentice for Yoda. This is a great opportunity to travel way back on the Star Wars timeline while still having a familiar character.

Yoda was just voted the most popular Star Wars character, I think Disney will want to capitalize on that popularity. I have a lot of friends and family that are casual Star Wars fans, I've recently been asking them who would be their first choice for a spin-off, almost all of them said Yoda. The casual fans seem to love Yoda, and the casual fans make up most of the market which is probably Disney's main concern. I think a Yoda movie is highly likely, and I think it will do very well.
  19. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    Oh, c'mon. He'd still be the main character, of course he would get many lines. If too much Yoda talk is bad then maybe not make a Yoda movie in the first place but rather something sensible like the Obi-Wan flick.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. jnrssa Jedi Knight

a stand alone Yoda film? Ain't nobody got time for that
  21. Air Jedi Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't have a problem with the backwards talk, I'm simply stating that it's probably not going to be just Yoda talking for over 2 hours. I don't personally know anyone that dislikes Yoda's backwards talk,I never knew it bothered people until some members on these forums expressed their dislike. Also just because there's a Yoda movie doesn't mean there can't be an Obi-Wan movie as well.
  22. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    I actually have no problems with Yodas talking stile. It is quite cute actually.

But having him talk the way he does throughout an entire movie would be extremely annoying. Besides, I think the character himself works much better in small roles than he would in big ones.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Maybe the Yoda film will be set before he started talking backwards. And then at the end he gets hit in the head and starts talking in his normal style. :p
    Original Oatmeal likes this.
  24. Original Oatmeal Jedi Master

star 1
    When I think of young Yoda, Kermit the Frog pops into my head. Because in the Muppets, they have to overcome obstacles. I always see Kermit shake his head trying to process data and solve conflicts like Yoda does. We could see a young Yoda which almost parallels the young Bobba Fett in the AOTC. But the sith were beaten up before Yoda was born right? I guess they can rework the official timeline to make something cool happen.

I want to see Yoda and Darth Bane. I also want to see Yoda train Count Dooku.
  25. Original Oatmeal Jedi Master

star 1
    Do you want to see Yoda fall in love with a female Yoda Alien thing?