main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor A stand-alone Yoda film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Feb 4, 2013.

1. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    If anything ruined Fett for me....it was how bad Luke/Han owned him in ROTJ...should have used another character for the comedy death.

I couldn't take a whole film of the Yoda talk

Jcuk likes this.
  2. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    I'd love a Yoda-centric spin-off movie. Yet, I think it would need a familiar supporting cast in some measure, at least another couple of recognizable characters. Of course characters new to the big screen as well. I think it has a lot of potential to be a great addition to the overall saga. I just can't decide if they want to chance a Dark Times era Yoda movie, or make it pre-PT era?

Darth Archimage likes this.
  3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Dark Rendezvous was one of the few SW novels I liked, and it's the only one that's tried to focus more on Yoda. It didn't focus on him as much as the book made it seem, but I think something like that, with a supporting cast, could work.

4. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I love Yoda but if they show Dagobah again I'll be impressed if they get the hut right. I'm a bit of a Yoda hut admirer and it's different in ESB and ROTJ.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It'd be weird if it didn't look different after decades of nobody living there and being in the middle of a swamp :p

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I agree. Maybe they could show it in a prequel though that would be cool too. Yoda is da man!

7. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
  8. Force Goddess

Force Goddess Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    Great job Yoda, he beat Mace, Luke, Obi-Wan, and R2-D2 on his way to the finals.

[​IMG]

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Boba Fett beat out Palpatine... I will never fail to be awestruck at the unrivaled endurance of nerds.

10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Fett was shoe horned into the story and the kid that played him was just as annoying as Jake Lloyd.

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Gonna have to disagree with you there. Jango Fett played a pivotal role in Attack of the Clones' story and the beginning of the Clone Wars. Having Boba there (and making him a clone) didn't feel like a stretch at all to me. It actually felt pretty natural.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, unlike with other characters *cough R2 and C-3PO* Fetts inclusion into the movies felt actually quite natural and also didn't cause any plotholes.

13. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I was really happy to see this as well! I voted for Yoda, but I thought Vader would beat him, 55%-45%. Couldn't believe it really when I saw that Yoda won by 60%! Hopefully they were using this to weigh their options for spin-off movies and now we'll get that Yoda spin-off soon! :)

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Fett beating Palpatine and Obi-Wan beating Han are both very surprising to me.

But yeah, I can only assume they were using this as a fun way to do market research.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Two hours backwards talk, empty philosophical lines and jumping around like a crazy ape during lightsaber fights? What could ever go wrong with that formula?

17. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Nothing.;)

Lord Optimus likes this.
  18. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    If the movie is going to be Yoda all by himself on Dagobah similar to Tom Hanks in Castaway then I understand all the worrying about the backwards talk, but I don't think that's going to be the case. Yoda will be the main character but he won't be talking the whole time, they will probably have a damsel in distress they will have to establish and a villain that should get some significant screen time as well. I'm hoping the antagonist gets a lot of screen time which will in turn reduce Yoda's screen time leading to less backwards talk and a more developed and iconic villain. If it takes place long before TPM it could introduce a whole new cast of characters that will help carry the movie. There could be a different grand master, a brand new Jedi council, and a apprentice for Yoda. This is a great opportunity to travel way back on the Star Wars timeline while still having a familiar character.

Yoda was just voted the most popular Star Wars character, I think Disney will want to capitalize on that popularity. I have a lot of friends and family that are casual Star Wars fans, I've recently been asking them who would be their first choice for a spin-off, almost all of them said Yoda. The casual fans seem to love Yoda, and the casual fans make up most of the market which is probably Disney's main concern. I think a Yoda movie is highly likely, and I think it will do very well.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Oh, c'mon. He'd still be the main character, of course he would get many lines. If too much Yoda talk is bad then maybe not make a Yoda movie in the first place but rather something sensible like the Obi-Wan flick.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. jnrssa

jnrssa Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2013
    a stand alone Yoda film? Ain't nobody got time for that

21. Air Jedi

Air Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I don't have a problem with the backwards talk, I'm simply stating that it's probably not going to be just Yoda talking for over 2 hours. I don't personally know anyone that dislikes Yoda's backwards talk,I never knew it bothered people until some members on these forums expressed their dislike. Also just because there's a Yoda movie doesn't mean there can't be an Obi-Wan movie as well.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I actually have no problems with Yodas talking stile. It is quite cute actually.

But having him talk the way he does throughout an entire movie would be extremely annoying. Besides, I think the character himself works much better in small roles than he would in big ones.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe the Yoda film will be set before he started talking backwards. And then at the end he gets hit in the head and starts talking in his normal style. :p

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  24. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    When I think of young Yoda, Kermit the Frog pops into my head. Because in the Muppets, they have to overcome obstacles. I always see Kermit shake his head trying to process data and solve conflicts like Yoda does. We could see a young Yoda which almost parallels the young Bobba Fett in the AOTC. But the sith were beaten up before Yoda was born right? I guess they can rework the official timeline to make something cool happen.

I want to see Yoda and Darth Bane. I also want to see Yoda train Count Dooku.

25. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Do you want to see Yoda fall in love with a female Yoda Alien thing?