main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A Star Wars Comic (fan-made)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Feb 7, 2017.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    http://astarwarscomic.com/

I just found out about this site that releases Star Wars anthology comics once a month. Apparently, the site is new, as there is only one comic released so far. The title of the first comic - Two Tubes, and yes, it's about the best Rogue One character (after Bor Gullet)! It's a very quick read, but without spoiling anything, I think it's very, very good, and the art is excellent, far better than in some of the MARVEL series.

As someone that loves Star Wars comics, I can't complain about an extra (mini) issue a month.

And of course it's not canon nor Legends, but as long as the art and stories are good I don't care ;)

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Umm. Wow. I was not expecting much, but this was very good.

Marvel should snatch this team up and have them do anthology series. That first issue was certainly better than some of the official stuff put out in the last couple years.

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I'd be interested if it were official and wasn't just fan made. Too much official works being released right now to worry about fan made stuff as well.

4. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    It's six pages once a month, and free for now. I certainly would argue it's worth your time.

5. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    That's some quality art, if I hadn't been told it was fan-made I totally would have believed it was from an official comic.

6. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Wow. That's very well-made. I second the idea of Marvel picking these guys up.

7. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Vthuil, JediBatman and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  8. En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2017
    Certainly talented work.

spicer likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I wasn't around the boards when this was announced, but these are awesome. Plus the art isn't copied, like some of the official stuff -- the artist is clearly doing his own thing, making his own details.

10. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I highly value that in every comic. Although to be fair, I imagine it is very useful, and even necessary to trace over photos for certain panels. The problem is when the tracing is blatantly obvious like in certain official comic issues...

11. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    These are great! That one about Two-Tubes in particular was intense as hell.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

vncredleader These look like the new equivalent of Star Wars tales.

13. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Another excellent comic. Also interesting in the way in sort of contrasts with the first one.

"Two Tubes" is in the desert, is an action story, has no human faces apart from Saw, and has mercy rewarded with ruthlessness.

"The Lady From Chandrilla" has a city-scape enviornment, is about intrigue rather than action, has human faces (and several alien ones), and ends on a message about simple acts of kindness.

Also I noticed a HWK-290 in the background.

Vthuil and spicer like this.
  14. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  16. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Another great issue. And the Devaronian giving Figrin a pat on the back makes me think someone may be a fan of Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Also the blaster Han used to shoot Greedo must have been pretty powerful, it's now sunset and Greedo's corpse is STILL smoking. Maybe it's powered by the burning hatred the "Han shot first" controversy generated. ;)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    SilentGuy66, Vthuil, DelRiego and 3 others like this.
  18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yep, those are certainly well-crafted short comics. I wonder just how well known they are!

19. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Haven't been paying attention for a couple months, but the recent 3 comics released were impeccable. There's some serious talent at work here.

20. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Aw **** a m***********g droid colony. Why is this not in a movie or at least video game???

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    That was the best use of IG-88 I've ever read. Bar none. Super kudos to these writers.

22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It almost was in KOTOR II. :p

darthcaedus1138 and DelRiego like this.
  23. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
  24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    They need to get whoever makes these comics (unofficial they may be) on the star wars show to really get the word out on their talent.

Wait a minute, I've just had a look at the schedule for next week's star wars show and the guest spot is already taken by a quarterback who sometimes likes to quote star wars in the locker room- my bad.

BobaMatt likes this.
  25. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Wow, these comics are awesome! I love the stories, the art and the little nice things like including Garm Bel Iblis in the story. I also liked to see the senate shortly before Episode IV. :deathstar:

darthcaedus1138 and JediBatman like this.